users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 156 157 158
By fractalvoid 2013-09-09 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
so my best option is to double prelude

You use double preludes with Donderbuss?

In runs I've been in using 99hilator it's been hard for me to get BRDs to give me even one prelude lol. Was hoping now that I have donderbuss I wouldn't have to ask for prelude(s) even if I come COR now, instead of RNG or BLU
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 09:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

they're for my sams not my cor, and am talking about runs using solely my 9 characters, not a full 18

with 18 should definitely be a geo present and enough songs to get prelude and mad :/
By fractalvoid 2013-09-09 09:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha. And you're able to multi-box all 3 bosses now with 9?
(sorry for offtopic, just curious)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 10:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't won a 6/6 muyingwa yet, but have gotten it <20% with time left, pretty sure i need either a successful wild card or some rockfin soup to pull it off

don't think 9boxing bee will ever be practical, shark and tojil i can do with >90% success rate now though
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-09 18:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't won a 6/6 muyingwa yet, but have gotten it <20% with time left, pretty sure i need either a successful wild card or some rockfin soup to pull it off

don't think 9boxing bee will ever be practical, shark and tojil i can do with >90% success rate now though

Thats pretty lagit, and thanks for the str dagger. I was thinking of possibly 1 str and 1 agi or 2 of either. (Agi will help LS and QD so was leaning towards that) but for pure dmg i suppose the str will help most.
By Afania 2013-09-13 11:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

according to the parses i've run while adjusting my setup, it is capped with an accuracy tp setup, sushi, and NO madrigal or geo(i only get one brd, so my best option is to double prelude, double minuet, acc food, and use my embravas&haste to remain near haste cap)

it's not very hard to backsolve for madrigals and torpor from there, the requirement isn't nearly as high as you'd think, and that's a small fraction of the activities corsair is useful for

dex kukris may occasionally be best in slot in ceizak if you're underbuffed, but they're far from an efficient choice and definitely not best suited to most players.. the logical choice is to make a str kukri first since it'll be beneficial for everything you do, you can always make dex later and substitute them for that one fight if your tp set sucks or your buffs suck

Sushi and acc set. So you do need acc. With acc offhand you don't need to swap out as much acc and TP faster or possibly open RCB as food option for higher WS dmg. Saying "You just don't need acc in Ceizak" without actually post your set and parsed hit rate is very misleading, considering how many DDs out there go "I don't need acc and I'm TPing in full dmg TP set", ended up dealing ***dmg with subpar acc.

Also, if you're playing /DNC, AGI path isn't worth it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-13 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sushi, Acc set, NO MADRIGAL, NO GEO. Why don't you try reading critically before making comments..? Most would consider double SV madrigal and GEO standard fare, which provides more accuracy than you lose swapping to RCB and a multihit TP set.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-13 11:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sushi, Acc set, NO MADRIGAL, NO GEO. Why don't you try reading critically before making comments..? Most would consider double SV madrigal and GEO standard fare, which provides more accuracy than you lose swapping to RCB and a multihit TP set.

Double SV madrigal is Bee NM only. There are 5 other NMs that most pt don't use madrigal on, one of them(moth) is more evasive than others.

I'm simply asking gear set+ parse result there's also a difference between light acc set and heavy acc set, that way it's easier to find optimal set for all 6 NMs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-13 11:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression you were only concerned with accuracy on bee, to be honest. For lesser NMs, of course your accuracy will vary due to zone message. Best results for me have always been to use sushi and have a (scripted) tp set change for 30 seconds whenever message goes off to remain capped. I could see the benefit of dex kukris there, but I still can't see that as a valid argument for making them before STR. You only gain 25 accuracy from a pair and you shouldn't macro them in and out when message shows up.

I'll save exact #s next time I go for you, but you should keep in mind that your accuracy is still capped a large portion of the time. The parse is weighed down by debuffs wearing off on Mastop as well as the zone message: fulltiming an accuracy piece for this is not an ideal solution.
[+]
By Afania 2013-09-13 23:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression you were only concerned with accuracy on bee, to be honest. For lesser NMs, of course your accuracy will vary due to zone message. Best results for me have always been to use sushi and have a (scripted) tp set change for 30 seconds whenever message goes off to remain capped. I could see the benefit of dex kukris there, but I still can't see that as a valid argument for making them before STR. You only gain 25 accuracy from a pair and you shouldn't macro them in and out when message shows up.

I'll save exact #s next time I go for you, but you should keep in mind that your accuracy is still capped a large portion of the time. The parse is weighed down by debuffs wearing off on Mastop as well as the zone message: fulltiming an accuracy piece for this is not an ideal solution.

I never say anything about dex path before str, op asked which dagger offhand, my opinion is dex offhand in ceizak, on t4 t5 at least. I have double check ss when I have time but AGI path is very likely to be worst offhand choice, you lose way too much dps for little ws Dmg boost.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-14 08:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hey so i just wanted to say i made a few changes to xml, including changing from kheper body to Iuitl. Sided with a couple other thing there is a noticably huge difference.

Also a lil side note, I added sengomas ring in place of a stormsoul for QD, and the difference is also noticable. Now i am landing light shot about 95% of the time. Done 2 delve reuns each NM got light shot about 2 times, got 1 resist.
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-09-27 00:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For rolls i've seen most corsairs on relic+2 augmented gear instead of -pdt.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-27 08:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
For rolls i've seen most corsairs on relic+2 augmented gear instead of -pdt.

Only head has augment. PDT- on other slot is situational.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-09-27 10:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
hey so i just wanted to say i made a few changes to xml, including changing from kheper body to Iuitl. Sided with a couple other thing there is a noticably huge difference. Also a lil side note, I added sengomas ring in place of a stormsoul for QD, and the difference is also noticable. Now i am landing light shot about 95% of the time. Done 2 delve reuns each NM got light shot about 2 times, got 1 resist.

I'm not saying more isn't better theoretically, but this feels awfully eyeballed.

With all the other agi/m.acc/+marks skill now, the difference between the rings would seem -- to me -- to be marginal. It would have to be an awfully fine threshold you're treading to push it over to be consistently more useful.

Again. Not saying it isn't "better," just questioning the degree of said improvement.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-30 04:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

well thats picking up alot of agi and magic acc, Ituli has almost double the agi of kheper and sangoma is a good bit of mag acc as well. The difference the 2 made was noticeable, while maybe not to the dagree i stressed in my excitment. Also i did not run any form of parse, that was a rough measure of that delve.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-05 07:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated I think, I'm not quite down to earth right now.

Left out Laksamana hat and boots until I know what the bonus for QD do.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-11-05 07:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Updated I think, I'm not quite down to earth right now. Left out Laksamana hat and boots until I know what the bonus for QD do.

Feeling the same way. Was awfully stoked last night snagging Wildfire for use with Donderbuss. I only regret it will never be realistic for me to make a Death Penalty, because that thing is absolutely brutally awesome now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-05 07:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I always wanted DP even when it was bad, now it's just impossible to resist.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-11-05 07:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, yeah. It's just that the situation I'm in as far as play time going forward is only going to go down. Real life is just finally catching up to me after over a decade and my wife is already in limbo on Burtgang which she's 1/3 of the way through, so...if we finish any Mythic, it will be her sword.

I've had the DP quest open for a long time and I'm accumulating assault clears for it, but between having another Mythic to finish first, real life obligations and the simple fact that as much as I love Corsair, it's not the job I'm on for linkshell events in ideal situations (for ls, not for me), it's going to be a long time coming if it comes at all. =(
 Caitsith.Talis
Server: Caitsith
user: Talis
By Caitsith.Talis 2013-11-05 11:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Wildfire compare to Last Stand post unlock? I wouldn't think that the damage would scale at all (save for some more matt gear being equip-able).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-11-05 11:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Talis said: »
How does Wildfire compare to Last Stand post unlock? I wouldn't think that the damage would scale at all (save for some more matt gear being equip-able).

It's as much symbolically comforting to have, and for versatility as anything. Didn't get to do a lot with it last night. In a partial-buff situation Last Stand was beating Wildfire by a hefty margin, and I was cor/rdm. I didn't parse or anything, but eyeballed specifics depending on active buffs (it was a bit hectic given what we were trying to do with the limited people we had on) Wildfire was doing 1600-2000 on the Eft in Morimar fracture where Last Stand was doing 5500-7k (again, partial buffs at best and the eft likes to get dispel happy).

I'm sure, however, there will be useful applications in the future owing to it's magic damage nature.
 Carbuncle.Peimei
Server: Carbuncle
user: Peimei
By Carbuncle.Peimei 2013-11-05 11:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-05 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

WF will never surpass Last Stand unless the enemy is naturally weak to magic or physical resistant. With all the attack buffs/defense down you get around in a party there's just no way WF can compare.

edit: however it is highly recommended to unlock it at least for utility's sake
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-11-05 11:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I started it when it was bad and I see no way I can bring it to item lv 119 =(
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-05 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should have made the new arma 99 at least 1 base damage higher than a donderbuss+1 so it would soundly spank it when comparing last stand damage, they kinda got robbed.

I have no desire to finish grinding 50+ isgebind hearts to 90 my arma thats been at 85 forever so i'll be doing the woe gun for the unlock.

Theres no +AGI on the DP so wildfire shootable with DP is mainly a utility win and I can finally throw my armageddon in the garbage can.
I still plan on meleeing for tp and only shooting for ws or if tripleshot is up.

I still cant find scoria on my server to 99 my dp and most of my friends quit, trying to upgrade my death penalty to its final form is still an ongoing thing 2 years and counting from the beginning.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-11-05 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I started it when it was bad and I see no way I can bring it to item lv 119 =(

I don't think it will be as bad as you think.

There just aren't that many Mythics out there, but people will be pounding those mobs for Relics > Empyreans. You're going to start to see an over-abundance of them after a time.

You've done the hard work. The hardest part now will just be waiting for the few psychochotically obsessive people to buy them at higher prices and you'll see the market prices for them crash in favor of the boulders and plutons.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-11-05 12:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I think they should have made the new arma 99 at least 1 base damage higher than a donderbuss+1 so it would soundly spank it when comparing last stand damage, they kinda got robbed.

I have no desire to finish grinding 50+ isgebind hearts to 90 my arma thats been at 85 forever so i'll be doing the woe gun for the unlock.

Theres no +AGI on the DP so wildfire shootable with DP is mainly a utility win and I can finally throw my armageddon in the garbage can.
I still plan on meleeing for tp and only shooting for ws or if tripleshot is up.

I still cant find scoria on my server to 99 my dp and most of my friends quit, trying to upgrade my death penalty to its final form is still an ongoing thing 2 years and counting from the beginning.

Did some math earlier, seems Arma 99 still > donderbuss for last stand, it has higher skill and acc too, but it's too hard to upgrade it to IL119 atm.

I'd upgrade it to IL119 if it's not that hard, but I can barely IL119 one gun, let alone 2 :(

So yeah, for me Arma is dead ;(
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2013-11-15 19:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

how is everyone useing Cutting Cards?
any cool ideas or uses for delve or other content.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-15 19:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I used it on my mule, it seems to target one person? I thought it was AOE but it seems useless anyways.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-16 04:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

After you use Wild Card pop CC..not much to say, if you're lucky you spare some minutes, but outside of WK it's probably hard to make a real use out of it(what event are you doing that you spend more than 1 hour? <.<)
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 156 157 158