First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 156 157 158
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 16:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dw pieces really depend on buffs, if you ever have doubts you can use this quick guide to know how much dw you need for optimal delay.
By Afania 2016-10-30 17:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gashnir said: »
I am working to optimize tp gain in my melee set. Is the melee tp set in the guide current and does it also apply when main handing fettering and off handing degan for savage spam with 1k tp totm gun? What do most people use on ambuscade melee cape? I took stp but I have seen da and dw (assuming acc/att/dex). Last is herc w/ 4ta better than nq adhemar for hand slot? It doesn't seem worth the stp loss. I'm subbing nin in most cases and currently only cping on apex and joining Leviathan shouts. Thanks for any info.

I was playing with spreadsheet earlier to answer your question and found that a high number sam roll favors more multi attack in gears, and low number sam roll(Something like No.7 no job bonus) favors more stp.

So DA ambuscade cap could beat stp at high sam roll and vice versa, and herc 4 ta augment(6 TA total) could beat adhemar nq hands at high sam roll as well.

If I were you I'd just download Chiaia's newest spreadsheet and see it yourself.

personally I roll with stp melee back because I also single wield with /WAR for last stand build, and /WAR favors stp back with DA job trait and mainhand OAT weapon. stp +10 could also be used for QD stp set(useful for savage build since your QD aren't going to do any dmg anyways) and occult acument set. So it's 1 backpiece that can be used in 3 sets.

I may make a dw back for low haste situations though. DW back is also useful if you have a strong augmented herc body with TA and QA, or if you tp in thaumas for suicide reasons ._.;

I think your tp set acc is a little bit too high from my experience, and your DW isn't capped without DNC in pt as there are zero DW piece in your set.

If your group roll with BRDs from my experience usually a set like this is enough to cap melee acc on most things:

ItemSet 340332

Suppa+ petrov combo or cessance+ haverton are pretty much sidegrade, one may be winning another depending on situation but the difference is small, so just pick one that you like. Since your Dampening is max I'd just use that over adhemar nq. Carmine HQ feet may beat herc at low sam roll situations, but a strong herc feet is usually better with higher acc. I would avoid losing windbuffet +1 in waist, it's too good.

Edit: Fixed sam roll number.....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 17:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam roll and 6 in the same sentence don't compute.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-30 17:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sam roll and 6 in the same sentence don't compute.

No.7....fixed. That's 36 stp.
By tyalangan 2016-10-31 16:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I might make myself look ignorant by asking this question but I promise I have combed over bg several times to make sure:

Is LV99(v.I)Death Penalty equal in damage to a final 119 (minus access to final 119 bullets) when solely using Leaden Salute? I understand it is different if I am using ranged attacks for TP. If I recall reading correctly, Leaden damage is not associated with weapon damage and if BG is correct all versions after getting LV99 DP give 30% Leaden damage boost. So, if this is true could I forgo 35MATK (from the living bullets) and save time and 100M~? Or at least take my time to finish 119 final form for when and if I ever want/need to gain TP with DP?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-31 17:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The afterglow upgrade may not be required to make the weapon useable like it is for regular melee weapons, but that doesn't mean you should skip it. You're still missing out on the non-negligible MAB/MACC from the bullets, the base damage for QD, as well as the 217 mDMG (granted the effect of mDMG on Leaden isn't extraordinary) on the gun itself.
[+]
By Afania 2016-10-31 17:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
I might make myself look ignorant by asking this question but I promise I have combed over bg several times to make sure:

Is LV99(v.I)Death Penalty equal in damage to a final 119 (minus access to final 119 bullets) when solely using Leaden Salute? I understand it is different if I am using ranged attacks for TP. If I recall reading correctly, Leaden damage is not associated with weapon damage and if BG is correct all versions after getting LV99 DP give 30% Leaden damage boost. So, if this is true could I forgo 35MATK (from the living bullets) and save time and 100M~? Or at least take my time to finish 119 final form for when and if I ever want/need to gain TP with DP?

If you aren't going to 119 III DP you may as well just get a Fomalhaut, it's free and 2nd best for leaden at 1k tp.
By tyalangan 2016-10-31 18:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I will definitely finish it. It has just taken me forever to be able to afford first part so I was curious if I could gain full potential (minus bullets) from LV99 until I can afford the 119 a year from now.

I guess my question is does 99 = 119 (minus bullets) for melee build with that particular weaponskill?
 Asura.Kunel
Server: Asura
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-10-31 19:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I will definitely finish it. It has just taken me forever to be able to afford first part so I was curious if I could gain full potential (minus bullets) from LV99 until I can afford the 119 a year from now.

I guess my question is does 99 = 119 (minus bullets) for melee build with that particular weaponskill?

99 =/= 119 =/= 119 AGed

You are missing out on a large jump in base damage, Magic Damage +217, and the marksmanship skill +269 that is available on the final afterglowed weapon, so you will not gain the full potential of the weapon without finishing it.
[+]
By tyalangan 2016-10-31 19:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew I was missing out on something. That's why I ask you guys! Thanks. Marksmanship skill would be a boost to DP, though MD is negligable as Kyte noted, that was the big thing I had glazed-over.
 Asura.Kunel
user: Kuchane
By Asura.Kunel 2016-10-31 19:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew I was missing out on something. That's why I ask you guys! Thanks. Marksmanship skill would be a boost to DP, though MD is negligable as Kyte noted, that was the big thing I had glazed-over.

AGed DP is totally worth it in the end, dude. So just hang in there with the grind and you'll be super happy you did.

High-tier battlefield campaign is coming soon too, so that will definitely help a lot on your path to afterglow.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-31 20:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of the 99->119 upgrade, the main thing you're gaining is the ilvl of the weapon itself- which adds 49 base damage to elemental WS and, unlike mDMG, is pre-fTP. It would be the equivalent to losing about 16 AGI on Leaden.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-01 08:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone care to share Savage Blade sets to shoot for? Didnt see one on front page
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-01 08:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This would basically be what you're shooting for:

ItemSet 347487

Camulus with STR/WSD.
Herculean augmented with as much STR/acc/atk/WSD as possible.
shukuyu ring is a better choice than Ifrit if not at attack cap.
grunfeld rope is a good swap for a little more accuracy over Prosilio.
Fotia waist and neck are very slightly ahead at attack cap.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-11-01 08:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ugg another herc set, thanks this is not what I was hoping for. man COR is a massive inventory sink
By Afania 2016-11-01 12:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to save inventory you could just use ambuscade set when attack uncapped, or mnd path carmine hq.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-01 12:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the ambuscade set moreso for the accuracy in addition to the good str/mnd/att. I have plenty of herc with high str/att/wsd, but 0 accuracy. Sucks.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-11-01 13:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Anyone care to share Savage Blade sets to shoot for? Didnt see one on front page

I use this set, probably not optimal rarely on cor anyway, but it preforms extremely well with plenty of acc

STR+20, Accuracy+20 Attack+20, Weapon skill damage +10%

ItemSet 347492
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-01 15:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of gear optimization, has Chiaia released an update on the sheet since early October? I have the original one that was released, but I know there were some issues people were clearing up. Last I read, they were still working on it, so no rush, I'm simply curious.
By Boshi 2016-11-01 16:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
This would basically be what you're shooting for:

ItemSet 347487

Camulus with STR/WSD.
Herculean augmented with as much STR/acc/atk/WSD as possible.
shukuyu ring is a better choice than Ifrit if not at attack cap.
grunfeld rope is a good swap for a little more accuracy over Prosilio.
Fotia waist and neck are very slightly ahead at attack cap.

I would agree with this except I don't think the hands are worth augmenting anymore with how good the ambuscade hands are.

Vs base herc ambuscade offer: +4str +5mnd +5WSD -2ta +29acc +8dex(6acc) +37att

To basically match this you'd be looking for a fern aug of str9 acc35 att37 wsd5

(Also depending on which SoA ring you chose the wsd one would fit in there)
By Afania 2016-11-01 18:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Would say ambuscade hands, Rawhide feet D are both viable replacement to herc hands and feet, just because the base stats of herc hands feet are low and your aug needs to be pretty high end to win.

Thaumas v2 set may be out in 10 days, I would just wait and see.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-01 18:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly it probably isn't going to be Thaumas (and quite possibly a curve ball- Nashira).
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-01 23:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

pls no
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2016-11-15 18:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I noted (to my eternal embarrassment) yesterday that my cor lua doesn't swap in an obi for weather during ws/QD when I thought it has for a very long time.
May I have some help on not sucking on that front?
http://pastebin.com/cr7ts3V1
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-11-15 22:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Add this function after function job_precast:
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	-- Equip obi if weather/day matches for WS/Quick Draw.
	if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
		if spell.english == 'Leaden Salute' then
			if world.weather_element == 'Dark' or world.day_element == 'Dark' then
				equip(sets.Obi)
			end
		elseif spell.english == 'Wildfire' and (world.weather_element == 'Fire' or world.day_element == 'Fire') then
			equip(sets.Obi)
		end
	end
end

function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.type == 'CorsairShot' then
		if spell.english ~= "Light Shot" and spell.english ~= "Dark Shot" then
			equip(sets.Obi)
		end
	end
end

And add this line anywhere inside your init_gear_sets function:
Code
	sets.Obi = {waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-19 07:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide updated:
- added missing ja to the list
- revisited a couple of sections(particularly phantom roll behaviour)
- added missing guns
- added savage set(finally)
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2016-11-20 00:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i see alot of people using the magian trial gun with 1000tp bonus on it for WS like savage blade. does the martial gun you can buy off the AH work aswell, or only the trial gun. also is this tp bonus gun worth using for laden salute, if thats the only WS you would use?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-20 00:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ewellina said: »
i see alot of people using the magian trial gun with 1000tp bonus on it for WS like savage blade. does the martial gun you can buy off the AH work aswell
No.
 Odin.Ewellina
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2016-11-20 01:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Odin.Ewellina said: »
i see alot of people using the magian trial gun with 1000tp bonus on it for WS like savage blade. does the martial gun you can buy off the AH work aswell
No.

thanks for the reply llew, guess ill be goin doin 2900 WS then ^^
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-20 04:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Leaden if you don't own a DP you can get Molybdosis if you have the ability to do WoC, Doomsday if you got money and infinite patience, or more simply stick to an augmented Deathlocke.
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 156 157 158