The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 156 157 158
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-11-20 22:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish every job thread could be as on point and up to date as this one. I'm pretty sure 90% of the reason I play corsair is because of this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-20 23:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
As for Leaden if you don't own a DP you can get Molybdosis if you have the ability to do WoC, Doomsday if you got money and infinite patience, or more simply stick to an augmented Deathlocke.
The Aeonic, Fomalhaut, is also very nice if you plan to be spamming it at 1k TP also. IIRC it wins even vs DP at 1k spam.
[+]
By minikomby 2016-11-23 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people

Can anyone help me with a question?

im trying figure out what cape is better for elemental weapon skill on corsair:

Cape 1: name="Gunslinger's Cape", DEF:16 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+10 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Recycle" augments={'Enmity-4','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4','Weapon skill damage +5%'

Versus

Cape 2: name="Camulus's Mantle", DEF:16 "Phantom Roll" effect duration +30 "Triple Shot"+5% augments={'AGI+20','Magic.Acc.+20 Magic Damage.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%'
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-23 12:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The second one.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2016-11-27 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been 18 months since I've last played and I'm planning on coming back. I have been looking at the updated gear sets and looks like I have some work ahead of me. Any of the mechanics change for cor? They still relevant in end game? My cor has always been my main job and I rocked it well. I see my sets are outdated by new pieces and I also see DP gets higher DPS. I'm excited for that. STP values change at all? I got lots of questions!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-27 09:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Store tp was changed at some point, so depends how long ago your quit was.

The rest is the same old stuff. Pew pew pew, stab stab stab, roll roll roll *bust*
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2016-11-27 09:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

April 2015 was the last time I played.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-11-27 09:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
April 2015 was the last time I played.
TP and most WS adjustments were in the middle of 2014. Can't think of any COR WS that got re-adjusted since. Welcome back.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2016-11-27 09:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome. Thanks
By Enucleation 2016-11-30 00:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How much MAB = 1% weaponskill dmg roughly? I am kinda trying to justify loss in MAB on herc for weaponskill dmg.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-11-30 00:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB vs WSD is not an exact relation really, it sort of depends on how much of each you already have. best to use spreadsheet if you want to get specific with your setup and making minor changes.

however someone did once mention something like 4 MAB=1WSDish ? but that was awhile ago, don't base major changes on this XD.
By Enucleation 2016-11-30 00:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

D:
where the heck have you been btw, I just got back in game!
I had like 31 MACC, 31 MAB 1% crit on boots and dumped it for 15 MACC/MAB 4% WSD. I'm prolly dumb but meh
By hobo 2016-11-30 00:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How do people feel about Holliday, not as a permanent gun, just sorta a stopgap while in between farming alex and aeonic run instead of doomsday or jse?

I didn't see it mentioned before and I was surprised since it does have a nice 15 agi. Oseem was nice to me so I manged: Dmg26 Rng. Acc19 Rng Atk18 Mab23 (I fail at adding pictures)
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-11-30 07:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a bad gun with those augments... will still fall a bit short of (near) perfect Doomsday tho w/o WSD. Cheaper to improve if you have the perseverance.

And FYI, the base gun is actually +20 STR, +20 AGI, +20 Racc, +20 Ratt I believe... stats are typo'd.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2016-11-30 08:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just returned From an 18 month break. I'm glad to see the guide being updated still. Cor fair well in current endgame? I have to update a bunch of my sets and work on death penalty 119-3. It's a but overwhelming with all the new gear choices. Where should I start set wise? Melee? Ratt/Racc? WS? QD? I see a bunch of the pieces are overlapping in sets, which is good. My roll, pdt/mdt, fast cast sets are still pretty viable. Just needs a few pieces to increase the Def and still maintain my pdt cap. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
By Enucleation 2016-11-30 09:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back!

I'd say work on getting ambuscade capes for tp set, leaden/wildfire, savage blade then kinda work on all the others. Start gearing up your melee tp set, leaden/wildfire and savage blade. You kinda just missed the WoE event which drops a lot of great leaden gear but I'm sure it'll come around again by the time you get some other stuff. Sehachan has added a lot to the guide lately so it's pretty straight forward but back a couple pages are other folks setups which could give you ideas if you want some other pieces while working towards goals.

They're about to add some new AF gear increases soon so we shall see how things change when all that comes out.

if you need any suggestions I can try and point you in a direction via private messaging!

PS: Thanks Sehachan for the updates and hard work, it's appreciated!!! <3<3<3
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-11-30 10:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Enucleation said: »
Sehachan has added a lot to the guide lately so it's pretty straight forward but back a couple pages are other folks setups which could give you ideas if you want some other pieces while working towards goals.

The guide is great, but check out Afania's item sets collection, too... it's a virtual treasure trove of math'ed out goodness.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2016-11-30 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Enucleation said: »
Welcome back!

I'd say work on getting ambuscade capes for tp set, leaden/wildfire, savage blade then kinda work on all the others. Start gearing up your melee tp set, leaden/wildfire and savage blade. You kinda just missed the WoE event which drops a lot of great leaden gear but I'm sure it'll come around again by the time you get some other stuff. Sehachan has added a lot to the guide lately so it's pretty straight forward but back a couple pages are other folks setups which could give you ideas if you want some other pieces while working towards goals.

They're about to add some new AF gear increases soon so we shall see how things change when all that comes out.

if you need any suggestions I can try and point you in a direction via private messaging!

PS: Thanks Sehachan for the updates and hard work, it's appreciated!!! <3<3<3

Ambuscade something that can be solo'd or group only?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-30 12:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo(even on cor with trusts), it will just be a longer grind because you'll have to settle for lower tiers(and thus less points awarded per run).
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2016-11-30 13:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You can solo(even on cor with trusts), it will just be a longer grind because you'll have to settle for lower tiers(and thus less points awarded per run).

I also have thf, blu, and sam. However, out of date gear sets with those jobs as well.
By Enucleation 2016-11-30 19:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
Ambuscade something that can be solo'd or group only?

If you group up you can get gallantry which is another currency that'll speed up the purchasing of items to augment your capes.
By hobo 2016-12-13 00:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

well we got some stuff, 45 agi and 10% wsd on that body. Tho those rings, Dingir Ring: AGI+10 Ranged Attack+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10 "Recycle"+10 and possibly Ilabrat Ring: DEF:10 HP+60 DEX+10 AGI+10 Attack+25 "Store TP"+5?

10 agi is nothing to scoff at for a drop
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 00:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Iskur Gorget with 30 racc/ratk and 8 STP.
By hobo 2016-12-13 00:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be interesting what ends up being really good, as opposed to just looking cool. Like the body looks super fun but compared to other options like a perfect samnuha coat does it actually win.

Eyeballing I want to say it does but we shall find out after all the testing. I have never been great with numbers
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-12-13 06:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason to fully finish the TP Bonus 1000 guns path till the end other than OCD?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-13 06:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Is there a reason to fully finish the TP Bonus 1000 guns path till the end other than OCD?

At this point only for those with OCD. You're not going to be using it for Marksmanship WSes.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-12-13 08:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

At this point only for those with OCD. You're not going to be using it for Marksmanship WSes.

unless i missed something in the update people still use them for Savage Blade set.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-13 08:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »

unless i missed something in the update people still use them for Savage Blade set.
They we asking if there was any reason to go past the lvl 90 version of the TP Gun...
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-12-13 08:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ohh gotcha.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-13 08:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need the tp bonus augment since you're never using it to shoot. Augmenting further for the d rating is completely useless.

edit: haste pls
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 156 157 158