By Elvisquestly 2016-10-18 17:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, thank you.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-27 12:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

question to all that do darkness SC on WOC, what dmg do you hit? with what pt setup, gear, food?

I ask because with DP III and idris Geos I have still not hit an unresisted salute and I have tried swapping in all Macc pieces I can get and think the best I managed was a 3/4 dmg resist? I had to use all MAB and MAcc temps to get that too.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-27 13:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

3/4 resist isn't a thing
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-27 13:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

then it musta been a half resist.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-27 13:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Record so far is capped Leaden + SC damage, but that's with Soldier's and Gambit. WS average hovers around 45k through the fight, almost never hit lower than capped SCs.

2 Idris GEOs for Acumen/Malaise and Focus/Languor, SCH for Voidstorm 2, crepe belle helene for extra macc.

ItemSet 336634

Capped Samnuha.
MAB/TP bonus Moonshade.
38 MAB/20 macc Herc legs, 29 MAB/22 macc 4WSD Herc feet.
30 AGI/20 macc + mdmg/ 10 WSD Camulus.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-27 14:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

how many ppl are usually in your WOC runs?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-27 14:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually 10, no more than 12.

COR, 3 BLM, GEO, SCH

RUN, WHM, 2 GEO
By Afania 2016-10-27 14:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
question to all that do darkness SC on WOC, what dmg do you hit? with what pt setup, gear, food?

I ask because with DP III and idris Geos I have still not hit an unresisted salute and I have tried swapping in all Macc pieces I can get and think the best I managed was a 3/4 dmg resist? I had to use all MAB and MAcc temps to get that too.

Ah sorry, completely forgot to reply your PM.

If you can't hit 99999 on woc here are some tips:

1.Bolster at start. Some group may not bolster until bracelet mode or so. Your first leaden is the highest, if your first leaden don't get bolstered buffs you may not be able to see 99999 entire fight.

2.Use soldiers like above post, and every other temp such as Oracle and braver.

3. Gambit. I often got tell asking questions like "why can you 99999 on Maju but I can't with better gears", the difference is often gambit. I have hit 96k on woc without gambit though, so with more buffs I think it may be possible to 99k without.

4. Pop on darksday if you can. Voidstorm is a must.

5. Wing rotations to keep to high tp for every sc, the more tp the higher ws avg you do.

6. Prebuffs: You can get a couple of prebuff COR to boost dps further. Allies, regain and wizard is must have for cor, give blms FC roll. If you roll near temp npc then you can crooked card on all 3 dps rolls with super revit spam to generate more dps.

If you have a whm main or mule, you can get boost agi (I'm not sure whether it stacks with braver or not though)

7. For pure dps, either SJ dnc offhand atoyac for higher sc dmg, or SJ blm for higher qd dmg and higher tp generation. every other SJ are weaker....I see people SJ sam or SJ rdm a lot, I personally don't see how meditate every 3 min and 15 stp every 40 sec could win in terms of dps, unless someone math it and prove it being useful.

Rdm has a bit lower agi than blm, can't generate tp as fast, more like a defensive SJ imo.

If you sub blm try to generate tp more actively.

7. Tp spell from sch. Again more tp=higher ws avg.

8. During bracelet mode you will see much lower dmg than usual, while blms may maintain capped dmg. This is normal, so don't worry about it. COR can still SC every burst, even with lower dmg you should be able to generate enough dps(to win parse).

9. Last but not least, you need to make your own pt, or at least have certain lv of influence to pt organizer to ensure all of above are working properly. Because it's much easier to hit dps ceiling on blm in those fights, once blm hits 99999 death and capped recast people stopped caring about more performance optimization as blm dps isn't going up much anyways, barring comet mb.

On the other hand cor leaden sc has much higher dps ceiling and more room to improve dps. More SC bonus improves dps, more tp generation improves dps, more mage buff improves dps. So if you want to get more dps out of COR to be competitive against blms, there's tons of details needs to be taken care of, and often it's something that can only be done as pt leads.

I generally hate to join other pt organizers of on cor, regardless of the setup I almost never receive proper buffs to dps properly;/

Edit:There's a theory of inundation works with sch cor sc, if you have rdm you may try that.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-27 17:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Edit:There's a theory of inundation works with sch cor sc, if you have rdm you may try that.

yea we do that, my usual dmg at 3k is about 31-34k and Sc usualy is 90k+, I suppose I'll just stick with more MAB instead of Macc. one our members is close to finishing epo so hope to start seeing him as Run to WOC.
By Afania 2016-10-27 17:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

yea we do that, my usual dmg at 3k is about 31-34k and Sc usualy is 90k+, I suppose I'll just stick with more MAB instead of Macc. one our members is close to finishing epo so hope to start seeing him as Run to WOC.

You don't really need epeo for woc though, I've tanked woc several times with an aettir.

I generally pop battuta when wyvern out, then super revit for another round of battuta, plus gambit rayke. By the time they both wears woc should be dead. With battuta up aettir is probably a better tanking weapon when majority of physical hits are parried.

Well, my point is that if you aren't already using run in mage setup, use it now!
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-10-27 18:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup 8!

Think there's been some exaggeration about just how much sustained damage a COR can put out on WOC... I only have a non-perfect Doomsday and when fully buffed, even I'm good for one ~99k/99k, but after soldier's is gone, forget about it.

Usually settle into 20-30k Leadens, and bracelets about halves that.
By Afania 2016-10-27 18:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Sup 8!

Think there's been some exaggeration about just how much sustained damage a COR can put out on WOC... I only have a non-perfect Doomsday and when fully buffed, even I'm good for one ~99k/99k, but after soldier's is gone, forget about it.

Usually settle into 20-30k Leadens, and bracelets about halves that.

I don't have many parse data but out of 3 parse data that I have, my ws and sc combined dmg is way ahead of blms, including blm capable of 99999 death during bracelet.

There's one unparsed run that my dps was significantly lower than usual, but I didn't setup that run and strategy they used weren't zerging, so I would suspect something was wrong with pt buffs. Usually the way I setup pt my dps weren't behind blm on parse.

It is fact that only first leaden can do 99999, however in the long run cor still often come out a bit higher because:

1)It's not limited to 1 ws per 2 sc. Blm has 36 sec cool down, thus they can only death every 2 sc and comet the other sc, cor can do ws every sc.

2)woc takes double amount of sc dmg, or at least close to double amount, before considering allies roll bouns.

In other words, if you ws for 20k leaden, your darkness sc would be doing 40k, with 50% sc bonus buffs, gear, traits, that's 60k darkness dmg, for 80k total in 1 sc, and 160k every 2 sc.

Most blm would mb 100k on first sc, and have to comet on 2nd sc. Unless their comet do 60k they aren't going to deal same lv of dps as cor.

This is without rdm as well, I've seen inundation turns 29k leaden into 99999 darkness. In other words cor should be doing way more than 160k every 2 sc even with 20k ws per leaden.

3) Let's not to forget 7k qd every 40 sec, not much, but they add up.

Overall all it's not all about your ws avg, but your ws avg AND sc, and the speed to put out ws v.s death, which is limited to 36 sec recast regardless of what you do.

20k leaden may seem low when you see 99999 death from blm, but it's ws and sc dmg in the long run that counts.

My previous post already cover everything that I know of to push COR dps further, if you are not winning parse on cor, those advice would help.

I see a lot of cor aren't parsing high on woc mostly because they sub sam, didn't use allies roll, and didn't setup wing rotations nor getting tp spell from sch.
By Afania 2016-10-27 19:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and another minor thing that I forgot mentioning when it comes to SCing. If /Dnc and rolled a crooked No.11 with allies roll, don't ws in mujin band. To my knowledge mujin band doesn't break scb cap.

Otherwise feel free to ws in mujin band.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-27 20:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i am also assuming when /blm for better tp gain you mean occult omen?
By Afania 2016-10-27 20:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i am also assuming when /blm for better tp gain you mean occult omen?

Yes, Blm has access to thundaga which cost way more mp than everything rdm offers, thus higher tp return. You just need to idle in refresh gears in downtime, and have refresh vorseals. Fast casting and recast speed too. But it is aoe so gonna be careful with adds.

If you want easier dmg boost sj you can try dnc, which gives you offhand slot for more agi and mab, or wsd, and 8% sc bonus. Just gonna be careful that crooked no.11 allies roll and scb1 put you at 50% scb cap, making mujin useless unless it's scb2.

I'm personally not convinced sam is a strong dps sj for this unless you random deal super revit random wc random deal and you happened to reset meditate 6 times or something. And that's assuming you pop 1 wing every rotation instead of 2. And most sub sam people aren't abusing meditate reset spam anyways.

I haven't really math out the dps difference between 3 sj though. Haven't get a chance to do endgame stuff often recently anyways.
By Afania 2016-10-27 20:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Forgot to mention, I have never pt with rdm on woc, so I don't have first hand experience with inundation on woc.

But if you are already seeing 90k+ darkness without allies off your 30k leaden, dnc sj may not offer much, once you add crooked allies it'd be capped sc dmg without scb JT.

Anyways, just sharing thoughts. You probably could just try to optimize dps a bit more on your end depending on your resources. If you could reach 99999 sc dmg every single sc then there's just no way cor would lose parse against blm.
 Leviathan.Bohjangles
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Bohjangles 2016-10-28 09:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much a scrub COR here, but why do people opt for a 30 agi, 20 acc/magdmg, 10wsd cape over 10 mab but also recommend sanctity neck, and eschan stone/ele obi over fotia neck and belt?
By Lyramion 2016-10-28 09:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fotia neck and belt are +0.1fTP. This will ONLY translate to 10% more damage one a 1.0fTP weaponskill.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Leaden_Salute

Leaden has a giganic fTP range of 4 to 10. At this point having MB and stats translates to more damage gained.

10WSDamage beats out 10MAB handily. We are able to stack a lof of MAB now so the additive gains of MAB aren't as big anymore compared to when stuff like Zenith Mitts 5MAB used to be a big gain.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-28 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fotia gorget and belt do not provide any WSD bonus as the items say. Instead, they increase fTP of the weaponskill by .1 each. This poor wording trips up a lot of people into thinking they're a lot better than they are, and unfortunately SE seems to have zero intention of fixing it.

They are nice accessories, but the fTP increase is handily beaten by some MAB gear. Fotia works best with multi-hit WSs and a select few single-hit ones.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-28 09:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They should really fix that crap.
 Leviathan.Bohjangles
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Bohjangles 2016-10-28 09:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Fotia gorget and belt do not provide any WSD bonus as the items say. Instead, they increase fTP of the weaponskill by .1 each. This poor wording trips up a lot of people into thinking they're a lot better than they are, and unfortunately SE seems to have zero intention of fixing it.

Ahh. Ok that makes perfect sense. Thank you.
 Asura.Slazer
Server: Asura
user: Slazer
By Asura.Slazer 2016-10-29 02:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

My question pertains to having to use so many temporary items. I normally have no issue hitting 90K+ and just relying on just GEO/RUN buffs. If you have to pop so many temps, augment your gears more. Stack that MaB.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-29 07:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slazer said: »
My question pertains to having to use so many temporary items. I normally have no issue hitting 90K+ and just relying on just GEO/RUN buffs. If you have to pop so many temps, augment your gears more. Stack that MaB.
This is not a question.
[+]
 Asura.Slazer
user: Slazer
By Asura.Slazer 2016-10-29 09:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, why must you use so many Temps to even hit 99999. There's no need. Augment more and avoid the temp spam hassle.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-10-30 05:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've decided to come back for a bit and I'm working on my cor again. I was killing some Apex Raptors for some CP to get me started before the CP campaign next month. My Leadens were doing abysmally low damage like 8k at 1ktp and 17k at 3ktp compared to some numbets ive seen on here though I know the big ones are with a lot of buffs. So wondering what upgrades there are though can't really afford much and only have shout groups to get stuff done with.

ItemSet 309044

Gun has Str/agi+14 mab+19 WS+7%
Cape is agi+20 racc/ratt+20 WS+10%
Herc legs has macc+20 mab+25 WS+4%

I think the other ring is the sparks mab one and I was using some 119 delve dagger main hand as Promathia has put out everything but the sword.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-30 05:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some general upgrades that shouldn't be too hard/expensive to obtain would be:

archon ring paired with either Garuda ring or arvina ringlet +1.
Herculean Boots with a decent MAB augment should stomp Adhemar.
If you're getting storms, swap in hachirin-no-obi in the waist.

Outside of getting the additional 10 AGI on your cape and hoping Fettering drops, those are the only big improvements I can see over your current setup. There are some big-ticket items to eventually aim for, but if you're going for budget right now, they'll need to sit on the backburner.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-10-30 05:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Some general upgrades that shouldn't be too hard/expensive to obtain would be:

archon ring paired with either Garuda ring or arvina ringlet +1.
Herculean Boots with a decent MAB augment should stomp Adhemar.
If you're getting storms, swap in hachirin-no-obi in the waist.

Outside of getting the additional 10 AGI on your cape and hoping Fettering drops, those are the only big improvements I can see over your current setup. There are some big-ticket items to eventually aim for, but if you're going for budget right now, they'll need to sit on the backburner.

You can get more agi on the capes now? I think I did ambuscade for the first month and haven't really been on since. They seem like fairly easy upgrades though how much should an unbuffed Leadens be doing?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-30 06:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

20 agi from thread and 10 agi from dye for a total of 30.

Also I'm jealous of your pants, I hate reisen augments...

edit: keep in mind people with DP get a 30% boost on Leaden
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-30 08:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 345986
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','"Dbl.Atk."+1','AGI+10','Mag. Acc.+15',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Pet: DEX+4','Magic burst mdg.+2%','Weapon skill damage +9%','Accuracy+18 Attack+18','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}}}
 Asura.Gashnir
user: Bursto
By Asura.Gashnir 2016-10-30 16:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I am working to optimize tp gain in my melee set. Is the melee tp set in the guide current and does it also apply when main handing fettering and off handing degan for savage spam with 1k tp totm gun? What do most people use on ambuscade melee cape? I took stp but I have seen da and dw (assuming acc/att/dex). Last is herc w/ 4ta better than nq adhemar for hand slot? It doesn't seem worth the stp loss. I'm subbing nin in most cases and currently only cping on apex and joining Leviathan shouts. Thanks for any info.

Current Set
{
head={ name="Dampening Tam", augments={'DEX+10','Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+15','Quadruple Attack +3',}},
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Triple Atk."+3','INT+9','Accuracy+15',}},
hands={ name="Adhemar Wristbands", augments={'DEX+10','AGI+10','Accuracy+15',}},
legs={ name="Samnuha Tights", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Triple Atk."+3',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'STR+10','Accuracy+25','Accuracy+15 Attack+15',}},
neck="Lissome Necklace",
waist="Olseni Belt",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Petrov Ring",
right_ring="Epona's Ring",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10',}},}
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 156 157 158