[dev1141] Monstrosity (Play-as-a-Monster)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1141] Monstrosity (Play-as-a-Monster)
[dev1141] Monstrosity (Play-as-a-Monster)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-08 14:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So how many monsters are planned at the launch of this?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-08 14:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if there is an answer for that yet :(
By Zarabi 2013-06-08 14:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait, when is this new test server update?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-08 14:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Zarabi said: »
So wait, when is this new test server update?
Yesterday
[+]
By Zarabi 2013-06-08 14:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, excellent. :P
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-08 14:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I want them all!!
By Zarabi 2013-06-08 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing I want more in this game right now than for Monstrosity to be released.

Yet I am afraid they don't have it as a high priority.. because..well..they said so.

How many others feel as excited about this as I do?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-08 14:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious to be sure, but simply playing as a monster would wear thin pretty fast for me. If there's no "events" to do for playing as a monster it'll basically just be like grinding a bunch of new jobs that have no application.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 19:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

06-13-2013 09:47 AM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Iwagami: Monstrosity Follow-ups

Thanks for your feedback!

I'd like to post a few replies.

For the return (temporary) command, I was hoping you could add some kind of visual indication as to how much time remains. Also, in addition to the currently available options, can you add a new choice which allows you to return back to the lobby? I haven't tried the HP/MP recovery yet since I'm still a lower level, but I'll try it out later.

Regarding the return (temporary) command:
We are considering displaying the time remaining until the player is returned in the chat log.

Regarding actions available when defeated"
We are planning to add "return to the lobby" as a temporary choice upon defeat or perhaps just make it automatic.

When you change species, are the experience values reset? One time I changed species when I was about 500 into a level, it changed to 0. I would like it if the experience didn't reset when you changed species.

Also, I was wondering if magic and items will become available in the future?

I very much like being in direct ontact with those on the development team, by the way. I know these adjustments are a lot of work, but I hope you'll implement them ASAP! (not that I want you to rush or anything)

Resetting of EXP upon species change.
Since the EXP values are not kept track of individually for each monster, when you change species, the current EXP value is reset to 0. If you resume Monstrosity as the same species you were playing last time, it will not be reset. Just be aware that the EXP will reset so try not to change species if the value is much higher than 0.

Using items and magic
Sorry, but we are not planning to implement any item usage for Monstrosity. For magic, we are planning to enable monsters to cast certain magic spells as long as they have been learned by the adventurer.

I was playing on the test server today and I noticed that the recast of the provisional return command was shared with those of SP abilities. Is this intended behavior?

I think the return command should be on a three minute separate timer... sharing it with SP abilities is a bit scary (it wasn't possible to use the return command shortly after I had used an SP ability).

SP ability and Return (temporary) command timer
We plan to separate the recast timer for the return (temporary) command so that it is not shared.

In the test server update this week we will be adding a new menu as well as additional species and new sentiencies. I think everyone has a good idea of the general play atmosphere for Monstrosity, so I'd like to get some more feedback on specific content.

Thank you!

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-06-13 21:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I'm curious to be sure, but simply playing as a monster would wear thin pretty fast for me. If there's no "events" to do for playing as a monster it'll basically just be like grinding a bunch of new jobs that have no application.

This.

It will be fun for a bit but without an interaction with the game world, useless.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-14 09:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

05-31-2013 04:03 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1141] Monstrosity

• New areas will be added to Monstrosity.
    La Theine Plateau / Valkurm Dunes / Jugner Forest / Beaucedine Glacier / Xarcabard

• HP and MP will gradually recover when out of combat. Amounts recovered vary depending on maximum HP and MP values.
    * The amount of HP recovered is subject to change.

• New monster types have been added.
    Tiger / Sheep /Coeurl / Opo-opo / Treant / Morbol / Flytrap /
    Goobbue / Panopt / Beetle / Crawler / Fly / Scorpion / Spider /
    Antlion / Diremite / Chigoe / Wamoura / Bugard / Eft

• Along with the addition of new monster types, new knowledge on the monsters has been added.
    * Knowledge with the cost of 255 cannot be used.
    * Knowledge on the monsters that has not been implemented yet can no longer be used.

• “Initial Knowledge” has been added.

• With an increase of the monster that is currently selected, the upper limit on the cost to set the knowledge will increase.

• Which monster to turn into and which ability to set can now be selected from “Equipments” on the main menu.
    * Selection can only be made while the character is in the lobby.
    * After you select a new monster, the EXP of the previous monster selected will reset to zero. However the level of the monster will not drop down.

• NPC “=TEST= Monster Playing” has been removed from the lobby.

Test Server Only

• Locations where PCs appear when moving from the lobby to the field will be fixed.

• The following effects will be granted to PCs when moving from the lobby to the field.

• Invisible
    • Sprint
    • Inability to attack

Subscribe

Other Updates:
[+]
 Bismarck.Draginhikari
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Draginhikari 2013-06-14 10:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

More monsters and more menus for it, now it's coming along even a few larger mobs now.
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-06-26 21:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am confused are they planning on making this available anywhere? also are monsters able to party with non monsters?
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-02 10:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Escorian said: »
So I am confused are they planning on making this available anywhere? also are monsters able to party with non monsters?

From the looks of it you can't party. Party, Trade, Equipment, and Bazaar are all grayed out when a monster. Seems the UI needs a lot of work before it is launched though so chance of things changing.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2013-07-12 21:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone that has tried this on the test server been able to unlock magic for any mob families or is that not available yet?
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-19 21:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well most of the Text is in JP and I cannot read it, (sorry) but here's what I think I've figured out so far.

Skip if you don't want spoilers. Spoiler tab thing didn't work.

How to unlock:
At E-12 in Pashhow Marshlands there will be a 'Suspicious' Hume talking to him begins the quest to unlock Monstrosity.

Get either a Rabbit Hide, Lizard Tail, or Two-leaf Mandy bud and find the 'Suspicious' NPC in any of the 3 starting nations. Trade the item you got to them and you are on your way.

The item you pick has no bearing on which of the starter mobs you have. You will zone into the lobby area as the monster matching your item but can change to either of the other 2 via the customize button that replaces your equipment button in the menu.

-----------------------

Combat Basics:
Exact same as normal fighting aside from being a monster.
Beast Correlations are active you can intimidate and be intimidated.
No loot is gained from defeating monsters this includes gil.
Aggressive enemies still are aggressive.

-----------------------

Abilities:
Start out with 1 move and learn new TP moves every 10 levels.
Each one only costs and only consumes 100 TP.
For macroing you use /ms "move" <target>

-----------------------

Spells:
Not all mobs will have spells.
Mobs that do will have all spells you have learned as you reach their level. Excluding summoning and blue magic.
Ninjitsu appears to require tools.
At the moment single target protects and any -na spells cannot be used on you as a monster.
At Lv 1 you have access to Curse and Virus. 2 Spells no player has access to.

-----------------------

Monster Rank and Currency:
I do not believe Monster Rank is Implemented at the moment.
Currency is called Notoriety and is spent on new Mobs and new Instincts.
Notoriety is gained by getting experience at a 10% rate.

-----------------------

Mobs:

Starters - You start with these 3.

-Lizard - High VIT and HP.
TP moves:
Lv1: Fire Ball - AoE fire damage.
Lv10: Secretion - Evasion Boost

Traits:
Lv5: Undead Killer
Lv10: Defense Bonus & Magic Attack Bonus

-Mandy - Middle of the road stats. Horrible HP and MP.
TP moves:
Lv1: Wild Oats - Ranged attack and huge VIT down effect.
Lv10: Scream - AoE MND down.

Traits:
Lv10: Defense Bonus & Magic Defense Bonus

-Rabbit - High melee DPS Stats, Medium HP, low MP.
TP Moves:
Lv1: Footkick - Critical damage.
Lv10: Dust Cloud - AoE Earth damage and blind.

Traits:
Lv10: Defense Bonus & Magic Defense Bonus

Unlockables - Currently cost 3000 Notoriety per additional mob

Sheep - Low Stats, High HP, no MP. No Spells.
TP Moves:
Lv1: Lamb Chop - Deals Triple Damage.
Lv10: Rage - Increases attack and lowers defense.

Traits:
Lv10: Defense Bonus

-Sapling - Middle of the road stats, low HP, no spells.
TP Moves:
Lv1: Sprout Smack - Physical damage and slow.
Lv10: Sprout Spin -

Traits:
Lv10: Defense Bonus

-----------------------

Instincts: Stat boosts of sorts.
Basically settable buffs for your monster. Each one costs a set amount of set points and you can set up to 12. Think BLU spells and you'll understand.

500 Notoriety for stat boosters
10000 Notoriety for Jobs? (Instincts named after Jobs but stats are NYI)

-----------------------

PvP:
As of right now You cannot attack other player monsters so no clue on how this will work.

Still working on getting enough Notoriety to unlock the other beasts and I have no clue if there are any additional quests i may have picked up because after the initial quest everything is in JP.

Edit: Is the spoiler tab not working for anyone else? If so anyone know how i can fix it? It worked fine in the preview.

Edit: Spoiler tab thing didn't work so removed it. Also added Sapling.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-07-25 16:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Release your soul upon your unsuspecting bestial victim and possess its spirit as a Monipulator, then gain experience as you cut down every fiend in reach. Level up and become one of the most fearsome entities in the world!

Instincts can be employed even when possessing monsters of different families.

*The content in these images is under development and may differ from the release version.

Monipulator When an adventurer possesses a monster, that beast is now considered a monipulator, for the adventurer has complete control of its faculties.
Possession Possession occurs when an adventurer unbridles his soul from its mortal frame and overpowers a fiend's mental faculties.
Monster Rank An expression of your prowess as a monipulator, your rank increases after accumulating a certain amount of infamy.

Monipulator Objectives

- Accrue "Infamy" by slaying monsters that cross your path!
- Pay your evil deeds forward by expending the infamy you've gained for new instincts and equipment.

Examples of Rewards Gained Through Infamy
[Monsters] Raptor (Lizard), Ram (Beast)
[Instincts] Warrior's Instinct, Monk's Instinct, Rune Fencer's Instinct
Infamy - Infamy are points meted out to monipulators for vanquishing regular monsters.

Level up as a monipulator and stockpile infamy to take command of fierce NMs and HNMs from the same family, who can even equip items that drop from their prey under certain circumstances.

A plethora of features is scheduled to be implemented as Monstrosity matures, so sharpen your fangs and tense up your talons!

Join the monstrous fray as an adventurer!

Reap the bounties of treasure caskets as well!
- Accumulate "Prestige" by dispatching demonic monipulators and normal monsters to receive special items and equipment!
- Expend the prestige you've rightly earned to gradually augment your newfound equipment, further enhancing your gladiatorial prowess.

Prestigious Rewards and Enhancements
- There are three paths down which you can tread when it comes to augmentation, and each path has its own ranks.
Trading the applicable equipment to a specific NPC allows you to switch between different paths of the same rank.
- Once you've enhanced your equipment to the highest possible rank, you will be able to obtain even more powerful equipment which you can in turn augment even further!

Prestige - Prestige are points accrued by adventurers when they vanquish either regular monsters or monipulators.

Scheduled Future Features

- Monipulator vs. Monipulator Combat
- Monstrosity Quests
- Additional Monster Families
- Monipulator Cooperative Play
- Additional Exclusive Content
- Greater Rewards
...and more!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-25 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Customization might make this awesome. I look forward to it, just hope the grind isn't excessive.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-07-25 17:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks kinda fun, might drag me back in for a few hours a week.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-07-25 17:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Excite!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-25 17:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Some parts of that make me think the rewards they're promising is stuff that's only useful in Monstrosity and they'll make it their PvP content. I dunno how well that'll work. Would be interesting if they ended up doing that and had like, leaderboards and all that fun stuff.

Wonder if they'll convince any players to be "professional monsters" or something. Hmm.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-25 17:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm already practicing my waddle to be the best apkallu ever.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-25 17:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it'll be funny if they try to balance the monsters, so you can use a chigoe to beat a Cerb or something.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-07-25 17:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm already practicing my waddle to be the best apkallu ever.

Ever since you changed your avatar I see a little Valefor ... ;)
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-25 18:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Some parts of that make me think the rewards they're promising is stuff that's only useful in Monstrosity and they'll make it their PvP content. I dunno how well that'll work. Would be interesting if they ended up doing that and had like, leaderboards and all that fun stuff.

Wonder if they'll convince any players to be "professional monsters" or something. Hmm.

Blue Mage. :P
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-25 18:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna be the very best, that no Goobbue ever was.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-07-25 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My only question is will Urteil be pvp master as a monster!?

"Face my bunny if you dare!"
[+]
By Krysten 2013-07-25 22:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

whens it coming out?? im so coming back for this!
 Lakshmi.Cledant
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-07-25 22:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-26 01:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Little annoyed at the 'test' server being old content they already fixed and my huge post up there being totally out of date but w/e.

Glad the PvP is not at launch if it ends up as world pvp. Would be really tough to level with some of the people who play MMOs. This way we get the time to max out before we have to slaughter or be slaughtered by players.

Still not sold on what to play as though. One of those mini-dragons from Abyssea - Tahrongi seems nice. If we can get the death scream from the pink mandies though that's even better.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20