Eleventh Vana'versary NPC Popularity Contest!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Eleventh Vana'versary NPC Popularity Contest!
First Page 2
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-14 09:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Begins:
Jun 11, 2013 7:59 PST
Ends:
Jun 26, 2013 7:59 PST
Automatically converted to your time zone

Vana'diel is a land full of adventure, filled with duties that lead players into encountering many memorable NPCs. These characters often leave lasting impressions—everyone has a favorite NPC, whether the mischievous Shantotto, or the foul-mouthed Prishe, or even Melyon in Selbina, who just can't seem to get enough La Theine Cabbage. We'd like to add more flavor to Vana'diel lore, so tell us which NPC is your favorite and what type of story you'd like to see them appear in next!

06-11-2013 04:53 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

NPC Popularity Contest (NA)

Vana’diel is a land full of adventure, filled with duties that lead players into encountering many memorable NPCs. These characters often leave lasting impressions; whether it’s rousing your fighting spirit or simply asking you to lend a hand for a while, everyone has a favorite NPC. It could be the mischievous Shantotto, or the foul-mouthed Prishe, or even Melyon in Selbina, who just can’t seem to get enough La Theine Cabbage. We’d like to add more flavor to Vana’dielian lore, so tell us which NPC is your favorite and what type of story you’d like to see them appear in next!

How To Participate

Requirements To Participate

• Must have an active FINAL FANTASY XI service account at the time of participating in this event.

• Must agree to all of the entry rules below.

*Accounts in the free-trial period cannot participate.
    *If under 18 years of age, please obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before participating.
    *By participating in this event (answering the survey), you agree to the requirements as well as the rules.

Event Period

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 to Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:59 am (PDT)

How To Participate

Fill out the questionnaire.

* If the name of the NPC you wish to vote for contains spaces or hyphens, please remove them when you enter the name.

Examples:

Iron Eater: IronEater
Yoran-Oran: YoranOran

Please Note

Before participating in this event, please read over all of the below. By participating in this event (answering the survey), you agree to the requirements as well as the rules.

Regarding Inappropriate Submissions:
Submissions falling under the below categories will not be considered:

• Submissions containing obscenity, vulgarity, discrimination, or any other offensive subject matter

• Submissions containing any plagiarized or copyrighted material

• Infringements upon copyright/intellectual property, personal credit, privacy, etc.

• Counter to public order and/or morals

• Submissions with content judged to be grossly deviant from the established theme

• Submissions not containing all of the required information, or containing erroneous information

• Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate.

Content submitted with the survey will be treated as User-Generated Content in accordance with the Square Enix America Mobile and Online Terms of Service, Section 5(A), which can be found here.
Subscribe

Other Updates:
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-06-14 09:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

VOTE MOOGLE!!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-14 09:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Vote Prishe, for a quest/battle to get our damn lvl 99 CoP rings
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-14 10:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I voted Aldo because after 11 years, I think a sequel to the opening cinematic that isn't total garbage would be a pretty cool thing.

In b4 Shantotto wins, we don't have enough quests, missions, and even other games featuring her after all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-14 10:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I voted Naja, so we can finally get a BCNM where we can beat the crap out of her.
[+]
By Toren 2013-06-14 10:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I voted Naja, so we can finally get a BCNM where we can beat the crap out of her.

^
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-14 10:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I even gave them a lot of advice on how e the battle should work! For example, Naja should be assisted by Abquhbah and have an ability called "Devoted Assistant" that siphons HP off of him. (Under certain conditions she scolds Abquhbah and causes him to level up.)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nibu
Server: Carbuncle
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2013-06-14 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I submitted. It's based on some earlier ramblings I've written regarding Panja-Nanja.
[+]
 Fairy.Aerias
Server: Fairy
user: Aerias
By Fairy.Aerias 2013-06-14 10:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

This.

I don't even play anymore and the first NPC that came to mind was the bitchy cat that was always in my face, couldn't remember her name. I might start playing again if I get to fight her :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-14 10:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-14 10:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so did you have just those lying around or did you google for those

I have to say Mihli has one of the best WS names though- Scouring Bubbles. So basically she cleans you to death with Draino.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-14 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read them both, that's why I knew how to find them!
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2013-06-14 17:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm coming here to ask to everybody vote on Naja Salaheem.

She's for sure one of the greatest characters in the game and I would love to see more of her. Anyone who did the Promotion quests know about how "lovely" she can be.

What we do know currently about Naja is that she's supposed to be some sort of princess in her homeland. I would love to know how she got to Aht Urghan and became chief of the Mercenaries there.

Besides, since one can only hope, her hometown is Gha Naboh Matriarchate on the Olzhirya continent, which is the Mithra Homeland. When the dats for the expansion were discovered many speculated we would finally see the southern continent, before SE announced it was Ulbaka/Adoulin.

Maybe we get a glimpse of what the Mithra Homeland is in a cutscene? So vote for NAJA SALAHEEM!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-06-14 17:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

it's gonna turn in to a prishe love festival though... needs more Lion because prishe is a terrible char that goes for all her forms too wotg -prishe just as terrible
[+]
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-06-14 18:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Voted Moogle, to take me to Mt. Moogle so we can drink tea together
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2013-06-14 18:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could just vote on Alexei Mayakov in his quest of finding true love... Wouldn't THAT be awesome?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-14 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly don't know who to vote for :X
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-14 18:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
it's gonna turn in to a prishe love festival though... needs more Lion because prishe is a terrible char that goes for all her forms too wotg -prishe just as terrible

I had some bad things to say about Penelo yesterday, only because I don't recognize the existence of Prishe.
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-06-14 18:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Vote for Lilisette because she went all Midna on us (just finished Twilight Princess the other day :D)
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-06-14 18:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilisette is just WotG prishe
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-14 18:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If this eventually leads to a BCNM where you get to take sweet vengance on an NPC that justly deserves it, my vote goes for Drahbah. How many real ??? appraisals do you think that fatass actually pocketed? 0/77 on Divisor ring back when that mattered.
[+]
By krish 2013-06-14 19:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
If this eventually leads to a BCNM where you get to take sweet vengance on an NPC that justly deserves it, my vote goes for Drahbah.

Zaldon will die a million deaths.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-06-14 19:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

oh seriously zaldon the most hated galka ever the things i would do to him would be downright homo if not based purely in revenge
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-16 02:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I kind of want to vote for Naja, just so I can describe the quest she would be involved in- it would be about a Bomb sneaking into Salaheem's sentinels, self-destructs, and then you and Naja have to find the perpetrator behind it

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
By Solrain 2013-06-16 02:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why everyone hates on Zaldon. It's not his fault there's nothing in your fish. Don't shoot the messenger!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Peanriri
Server: Ragnarok
user: Peanriri
By Ragnarok.Peanriri 2013-06-16 02:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fight Shantotto to win a kiss from Ajido-Marujido..

Er.. What? Oh, nothing~
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-06-21 10:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I submitted my ballot :O

zomg terrorism
First Page 2