Eleventh Vana'versary Abyssea And Atma Axtravaganza!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Eleventh Vana'versary Abyssea and Atma Axtravaganza!
Eleventh Vana'versary Abyssea and Atma Axtravaganza!
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-14 09:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Begins:
Aug 11, 2013 7:59 PST
Ends:
Oct 11, 2013 7:59 PST
Automatically converted to your time zone

Eleventh Vana'versary Abyssea and Atma Axtravaganza! (06/10/2013)

Do you find yourself wishing you could go on some more swashbuckling adventures with Joachim? Has the urge to get swallowed up by a cavernous maw and spit out in dimensions unknown been eating away at you? Then spice up your Vana'dielian experience by experiencing all three Abyssea battle add-on scenarios—Vision of Abyssea, Scars of Abyssea, and Heroes of Abyssea—for free!

This event will be held from Sunday, August 11, 2013 to Friday, October 11, 2013.
*Dates and times are subject to change.

However, what sort of eleventh vana'versary celebration would that be if adventurers had to visit Abyssea empty-handed? That's why, in addition to all three battle scenarios, explorers taking advantage of this opportunity will receive nine types of atma, one piece of lunar abyssite, fistfuls of cruor, and a visitant aura bonus!

Start cleaning the teeth of your nearest maw, for more information on the Abyssea and Atma Axtravaganza will be made available in the following days.

Other Updates:
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-06-14 09:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder how hard there gonna make it to get the new atma though i am liking the idea of a 4th lunar abyssite if i am reading it right?
 Shiva.Sleih
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Sleih 2013-06-14 09:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
However, what sort of eleventh vana'versary celebration would that be if adventurers had to visit Abyssea empty-handed? That's why, in addition to all three battle scenarios, explorers taking advantage of this opportunity will receive nine types of atma, one piece of lunar abyssite, fistfuls of cruor, and a visitant aura bonus!

I'm pretty sure this is ONLY if you've never visited Abyssea before, which is the whole point on this incentive program.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-06-14 09:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Sleih said: »
Quote:

I'm pretty sure this is ONLY if you've never visited Abyssea before, which is the whole point on this incentive program.

oh that sucks xD oh well >.> and nice avatar, what anime is it from?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-06-14 09:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

4th abysite would be nice. Since its not super hard content, its not like it would break anything. But even so, i doubt they would do that.

^^
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-14 09:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get it. There are people who play this game who don't have these expansions? I'd think you'd be all but dead in the water without them.
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-06-14 09:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounded that way to me too but I have to wonder who has yet to visit abyssea?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-14 10:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The free atmas thing will probably help out some returning players, but I can't imagine anybody coming back to the game that wouldn't have the three Abyssea expansions. You could argue its for trial accounts or whatever if it weren't for the fact they only go to level 20 (30?).
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-06-14 10:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I read it is that it will be an addition to the abyssea areas, much like the double EXP campaign, the salvage plans campaign, and any other ones I may have missed out on. The reason I think it is because the SE news article says "wishing you could go on some more," which makes me think you're re-visiting the zone.

I also think the last part "for free!" means you don't need stones to enter, but I honestly don't understand if that is literally meaning someone who hasn't bought the expansion can enter for that amount of time or not.

I also believe, that the 9 new atmas will be automatically available, but only for the campaign duration, kind of like how all Super-Kupowers are active during the anniversaries.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-14 11:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »

The way I read it is that it will be an addition to the abyssea areas, much like the double EXP campaign, the salvage plans campaign, and any other ones I may have missed out on. The reason I think it is because the SE news article says "wishing you could go on some more," which makes me think you're re-visiting the zone.

I also think the last part "for free!" means you don't need stones to enter, but I honestly don't understand if that is literally meaning someone who hasn't bought the expansion can enter for that amount of time or not.

I also believe, that the 9 new atmas will be automatically available, but only for the campaign duration, kind of like how all Super-Kupowers are active during the anniversaries.

This could be useful for people comming back for SOA content, who need to be able to burn some seals.... like..

Treasure Hunter Atma - increase drop rate of seals, +2's,

Sea Step-Daughter Atma - High Regen/Regain Atma always useful

that sorta thing. A weekend to beast out some stuff could be useful for most anybody, assuming it makes those things more effective.

Depending on the atma, may even make finishing up Empy weapons an option?

But I hafta assume that your not getting a fourth atma... though there's enough regen/regain atmas out their that a fourth could make you feel like you took a sip of someone's brew.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Ifarted
Server: Valefor
user: Ifarted
By Valefor.Ifarted 2013-06-14 11:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read this as "We are going to give you all the tools you will need to farm up the papers, abyssite, +2's, and Atma so when we take it away, you won't be useless"

Or better put, it seems they are trying to push people to get the content done who just can't find the right shout parties or just don't have enough people helping out or don't have the time anymore.

If the 9 free Atmas and abyssite give me the power of an abyssea God so I can solo farm every magian weapon trial piece (say 120 of chloris buds just to fulfill the full requirement for all weapons needing that one piece) then that would be awesome. Not saying SE would be that cool, but I get the feeling that at least they are trying to give you some edge up. I mean that's what double experience weekends are doing anyways, pushing everyone to 99 because they realize that no one does the regular party system anymore.
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2013-06-19 14:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you guys are reading this wrong. To me they said this is for players who do not have Abyssea. They are giving them 9 Atmas(not new atmas) 1 lunar Abyssyite(which means they can infuse one atma) and they can enter for a unspecified amount of time(no stones needed).
[+]