2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 314 315 316 ... 445 446 447
By Takisan 2016-10-04 14:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
At what point does herc body beat kaftan for cdc? Minimum augments?

Depends on the rest of our gear, your buffs, and the mob I'd assume. Good way to *** herc augments is using the spreadsheet on the first page of this forum.

Edit: Oops typo before herc augments lol./sigh can't say a_ssess. Evaluate then.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-04 15:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »

Depends on the rest of our gear, your buffs, and the mob I'd assume. Good way to *** herc augments is using the spreadsheet on the first page of this forum.

Less of a dodgy answer but still not scientific fact - You would need to be near perfect. Maybe not perfect, but it would have to have dex, acc, and crit dmg 5%.. attack is a bonus. Eyeballing it you would need like 10 acc, 20ish attack (probably could be lower), crit dmg 5% and dex10. I've never seen crit dmg 5% on gear, but it says on wiki you can get it.

Personally, I'm just going to stick with the kaftan, it would take literal crap-tons of stones to get a herc body to win.

NOTE: Asked for better than, not equal to.
[+]
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-06 12:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clack said: »

I have basically your TP1 set but i got Brutal instead of Suppa and Hetairoi instead of Petrov ring. Am i doing it right? I really dont know if i would get faster TP switching brutal and heitaroi for suppa/petrov with the rest of the build the same as TP1 set.

Forgot to say: My main is a Tanmogayi+1, not Tizona.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-10-06 13:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »

Less of a dodgy answer but still not scientific fact - You would need to be near perfect. Maybe not perfect, but it would have to have dex, acc, and crit dmg 5%.. attack is a bonus. Eyeballing it you would need like 10 acc, 20ish attack (probably could be lower), crit dmg 5% and dex10. I've never seen crit dmg 5% on gear, but it says on wiki you can get it.

Personally, I'm just going to stick with the kaftan, it would take literal crap-tons of stones to get a herc body to win.

Thanks that saves me quite a bit of a headache!
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-06 14:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »

I have basically your TP1 set but i got Brutal instead of Suppa and Hetairoi instead of Petrov ring. Am i doing it right? I really dont know if i would get faster TP switching brutal and heitaroi for suppa/petrov with the rest of the build the same as TP1 set.

Again, just eyeballing and not mathing it - but Suppa and Adhemar body give you 10 dw.. since you need 9 to hit the sweet spot with full traits.. switching to brutal earring may give you a very slight tp gain (very very very slight), but it's going to curb your attack speed a little bit.

As far as Petrov vs Hetairoi - the difference is minute. Slightly more TP gain versus a slight gain in TA. I would rank them similarly. I don't think you will notice much of a difference in DPS with either. Mythic AM - Petrov is going to pull ahead of Hetairoi.
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-06 14:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, just eyeballing and not mathing it - but Suppa and Adhemar body give you 10 dw.. since you need 9 to hit the sweet spot with full traits.. switching to brutal earring may give you a very slight tp gain (very very very slight), but it's going to curb your attack speed a little bit.

As far as Petrov vs Hetairoi - the difference is minute. Slightly more TP gain versus a slight gain in TA. I would rank them similarly. I don't think you will notice much of a difference in DPS with either. Mythic AM - Petrov is going to pull ahead of Hetairoi.

Thank you for the fast answer. Btw, Lissome necklace would be better than Asperity with this same setup?
By Takisan 2016-10-06 17:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the fast answer. Btw, Lissome necklace would be better than Asperity with this same setup?

1) Assuming haste cap and gear cap you need 36% DW. Most ppl set 25% via traits and 9~11% in gear. If you take off suppa for brutal I think that would be a large dps loss because you will no longer have capped attack speed, which will increase your time btwn weapon skills. The double attack does not make up for that. Cap attack speed first > then consider multi attack and Store tp. FFXI bg "Out of the blu" on Delay is an awesome resource. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Out_of_the_BLU#Delay.21_DW.21

2)Petrov vs Hetairoi. The difference can be huge if you reach ~50 stp via gear plus max store tp job traits on blu. There are tiers based on your stp value and amount of multi attack where even 3 or 4 stp can reduce your hits/ws immensely. But for your set up I would go with Hetairoi. It is generally better when your not focused on stp to focus on multi attack Quad>TA>DA. There's a spreadsheet on the first page you can use to see the difference.

3) Lissome vs Asperity. I would go with Asperity assuming your using double attack 10 on ur cape and TA on your feet for the same reasons as above with store tp. Its very marginal though, not huge make or break dps.

Without a stp focused build to achieve a certain amount it doesn't do much. But with tons of multi attack from say a Tizona AM3 the effect is much greater.
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-06 20:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Assuming haste cap and gear cap you need 36% DW. Most ppl set 25% via traits and 9~11% in gear. If you take off suppa for brutal I think that would be a large dps loss because you will no longer have capped attack speed, which will increase your time btwn weapon skills. The double attack does not make up for that. Cap attack speed first > then consider multi attack and Store tp. FFXI bg "Out of the blu" on Delay is an awesome resource. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Out_of_the_BLU#Delay.21_DW.21

2)Petrov vs Hetairoi. The difference can be huge if you reach ~50 stp via gear plus max store tp job traits on blu. There are tiers based on your stp value and amount of multi attack where even 3 or 4 stp can reduce your hits/ws immensely. But for your set up I would go with Hetairoi. It is generally better when your not focused on stp to focus on multi attack Quad>TA>DA. There's a spreadsheet on the first page you can use to see the difference.

3) Lissome vs Asperity. I would go with Asperity assuming your using double attack 10 on ur cape and TA on your feet for the same reasons as above with store tp. Its very marginal though, not huge make or break dps.

Without a stp focused build to achieve a certain amount it doesn't do much. But with tons of multi attack from say a Tizona AM3 the effect is much greater.

Understood, ty guys for the answers.
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-06 20:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 346801
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-10-07 01:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I been updating the COR Spreadsheet and decided to look into how the BLU one implemented some of the new stuff. During my look through I noticed some mistakes. (Front Page Copy) IDK who updates it these days, if anyone.

• Vorseal 1 Att is applying to both Set 1 & 2 Hand 2. Voseal 2 Att is not being apply Set 2 Hand 2 at all.

Vorseal 1 Acc is being applied to Set 1&2 & Hand 1&2. Vorseal 2 acc is not being used at all.

I didn't check if any other other vorseal effects are messed up.

Some of the geo spells are not told to check for some of the JAs. So they never get buffed from them.

First Hit of a WS is told to always be 99%. It should be your WS hit rate +100 acc.

If there is a newer copy that fixed this sorry.
[+]
 Asura.Alucardr
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-07 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

which offhand colada is better?

dmg 16 acc 20 attk 20

or

6 dex 20 acc 20 attk 2 da

?

TP wise?

WS wise?
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-07 09:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

dmg 16 acc 20 attk 20

or

?

TP wise?

WS wise?

Second one, both. Offhand damage doesn't amount to much of anything for WSing.

WSing and TP gain matter. Days of white damage domination have come and gone.
By Yandaime 2016-10-07 09:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

dmg 16 acc 20 attk 20

or

?

TP wise?

WS wise?

Of those options listed, I'd go with the DEX sword

WS Damage accounts for roughly 70%? Of your total dps these days (not an actual number just speaking on "feels") so the DMG on your off-hand matters little.

Ideally, you want DEX 12~15 Acc/Atk 12~20 and Crit Rate/STP/DA the DEX is the most important part, the rest is just really good icing.

You need at least 12 DEX + other good stuff before Colada beats Nibiru Blade
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-10-07 11:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 346816

I get 100tp per swing with this set

Cape has STP +10 on it

Colada DMG 9 DEX 7 Acc 21 Att 14 STP 4

Herc Hands DEX 8 Acc 13 Att 11 TA +4

Herc Feet DEX 6 Acc 25 Att 37 TA+3
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-07 12:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »
ItemSet 346816

Cape has STP +10 on it

Did that spreadsheet well? Losing multi attack on the waist, sword, neck, and ring for STP without using Tizona.
 Bahamut.Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-10-07 12:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
ItemSet 346816

Cape has STP +10 on it

Did that spreadsheet well? Losing multi attack on the waist, sword, neck, and ring for STP without using Tizona.

I cant get the damn thing to work but I will guess I will give it another shot. I like it as I outparse most with this setup so I kept it. I lose to Amalce Tizona but beat most all other Sequence Blu's when I am not being lazy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-07 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 346816

Cape has STP +10 on it

I cant get the damn thing to work but I will guess I will give it another shot. I like it as I outparse most with this setup so I kept it. I lose to Amalce Tizona but beat most all other Sequence Blu's when I am not being lazy.

I will remote into my home PC and check with the preset STP colada, etc. I don't assume that wins.

EDIT:
Not even close. Getting a 400+ DPS difference by using the similar augments on feet and hands, (adhemar hands are just about the same, STP factor from OP comes into play) rest of the gear is the same as you posted.

Asperity, Hetaroi, DA Colada, suppa and brutal with windbuffet, are coming out as better options. Just like the OP says.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-08 02:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am unsure of which herc body To use as my CDC piece and which to re-aug for 4TA/30acc

Current augs are from my lua. Its hard to say if they beat abnoba in low acc build, though I know either of them will be best for high acc build. The wsd one I cannot reaug its for my nin, but it also peaks my interest for things like savage blade(i know cdc aims for crit dmg). Ideas?

HercBody.CRIT= { name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','Crit.hit rate+4','Accuracy+14',}}
HercBody.CRITDMG= { name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+29','Crit. hit damage +5%','DEX+2','Attack+8',}}
HercBody.WSD= { name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+10 Attack+10','Weapon skill damage +5%','DEX+4','Accuracy+13','Attack+9',}}
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-08 03:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I am unsure of which herc body To use as my CDC piece and which to re-aug for 4TA/30acc

Current augs are from my lua. Its hard to say if they beat abnoba in low acc build, though I know either of them will be best for high acc build. The wsd one I cannot reaug its for my nin, but it also peaks my interest for things like savage blade(i know cdc aims for crit dmg). Ideas?

HercBody.CRIT= { name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','Crit.hit rate+4','Accuracy+14',}}
HercBody.CRITDMG= { name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+29','Crit. hit damage +5%','DEX+2','Attack+8',}}
HercBody.WSD= { name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+10 Attack+10','Weapon skill damage +5%','DEX+4','Accuracy+13','Attack+9',}}

Edit: Oops typo before herc augments lol./sigh can't say a_ssess. Evaluate then.

That's from this page too!

OP said:
*** Herculean augmented with 10+ DEX, 20+ acc/atk, 4 crit damage, ideally.

Abnoba:
25 STR 38 DEX 5 crit rate 5% crit dmg 5% acc/atk +22
Your best Herc:
28 STR 36 DEX 36 critical rate 3% Crit. hit damage +5% Acc+44 Ak+8

Now, you know dex and crit matter the most.
So Mr. Merc, tell me which one wins just by eye.

-Your Spicy LS Leader
 Bahamut.Littlemisdaisy
By Bahamut.Littlemisdaisy 2016-10-08 07:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So is the Jhakri Set Best for Savage Blade now in most slots barring amazing augments on Herc?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-08 10:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Abnoba:
25 STR 38 DEX 5 crit rate 5% crit dmg 5% acc/atk +22
Your best Herc:
28 STR 36 DEX 36 Crit. hit damage +5% Acc+44 Ak+8

Now, you know dex and crit matter the most.
So Mr. Merc, tell me which one wins just by eye.

-Your Spicy LS Leader

well tecnically herc has 3 crit rte too :D

its basically coming down to a loss of 2 crit rate and 2 dex for a gain of 22 acc. I am unsure if this is the overall wiser move on lower/mid acc leveles too, so i can free up other spots. I know on my high acc set herc wins already :D

And the 2nd would have even more acc with a 7% crit rate :D not terrible either. They are all so close....
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-08 10:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the uses between the two are clear. It's really hard to get that nearly perfect herc.
By Yandaime 2016-10-08 14:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the uses between the two are clear. It's really hard to get that nearly perfect herc.

Yeah. The body seems particularly hard to augment, at least for me. I've already thrown 2000+ Ferns at it and still only have mediocre augments.

For sake of sanity I would recommend getting Abnoba instead of trying to make a Herc to beat it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-08 15:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »

Yeah. The body seems particularly hard to augment, at least for me. I've already thrown 2000+ Ferns at it and still only have mediocre augments.

For sake of sanity I would recommend getting Abnoba instead of trying to make a Herc to beat it.

Well he did a good job getting one for accuracy CDC, but even that is pretty hard.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-10-08 16:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »

It's all luck. I've thrown over a thousand stones on herc feet and haven't gotten any great augments. I did get a Herc body augmented with DEX+9, acc+39, att+38, crit hit dmg+3% though. So it is possible to get a very nice herc body... just depends whether you'd rather spend a ton of stones on it or farm the Escha T3 for Abnoba (which has a relatively low drop rate).
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-08 16:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have the Abnoba too which i currently use. I just got the herc body and tossed 250 stones at it and lucked out with the above crit dmg 5% that fast (never happens), so figured with it being just being a bit off from perfect to see what consensus would be.

so Abnoba low acc is still best

then whcih for medium/high acc of these 2 would you pick?

39 acc, 25 attack, crit rate 4
29 acc, 2 dex, attack 8, crit dmg 5%

comes down to 10 acc 17 attack 4 crit rate VS 2 dex 5 crit dmg

I was leaning to the first for high acc, but I also realize the importance 5% crit dmg plays... just a hard choice to make, and the one I dont keep will become a TA4 body for tp.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-08 17:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Crit damage will give significantly better results than crit rate. Up to you if 10 extra accuracy is worth a pretty large drop in average damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-09 15:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So when was the last time we discussed Mache Earring (even the NQ) being better than Brutal for CDC?
First Page 2 3 ... 314 315 316 ... 445 446 447