First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 446 447 448
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-21 17:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan.Asks said:
Anyone have any testing for the paralysis potency of mind blast? Is it a static potency too? Duration?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-21 17:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

data for almost all of those spells that were around when i still played is all in the OP
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-21 18:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
data for almost all of those spells that were around when i still played is all in the OP

Spicy said:
Sorry, I am an idiot. I have even been using that information a lot for slowly updating all the spell information on BG. :|

As for Feather Tickle, that is 480 tp and not 48, right? Reaving Wind says 1,000 is why I ask.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-21 18:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I never updated those so I assume when Oraen went back and added some of the newer spells he updated some of the older ones too.

Actually wait no that's 48MP, let me see if I have any notes on feather tickle's TP reduction, I think it was something pretty ***like 10(100)TP

yea it's 100TP reduction without correlation bonuses
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-21 18:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I never updated those so I assume when Oraen went back and added some of the newer spells he updated some of the older ones too.

Actually wait no that's 48MP, let me see if I have any notes on feather tickle's TP reduction, I think it was something pretty ***like 10(100)TP

yea it's 100TP reduction without correlation bonuses

Spicy said:
Do you have specific testing I should link to for referencing this data or just the OP? I like to source the information for specifics like these.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-08-21 18:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

carrot socks =O

*edit* sock carrots?
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-21 19:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
carrot socks =O

*edit* sock carrots?

Spicy said:
Nah, she just volunteers to be a sock for the good of the community. :P
By Afania 2016-08-21 21:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm can mod unban Spicyryan please =.=
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-22 02:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Hmm can mod unban Spicyryan please =.=

:P
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-23 22:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan said:
It has been awhile since I have said-

Carrot keeps interrupting me to end my sentence with "I'm a douchebag".

ANYWAY, it's been awhile since I have said anything about Out of the BLU.

I have been working on it, just went over the Suggested Spellsets and anything else for the last few months.

Your cache may need to be cleared first if you look at it right now.
 Asura.Clack
user: cocl
By Asura.Clack 2016-08-27 11:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, I just came back to the game after a few months. I noticed that the mob evasion formula got changed. I had been debating changing over my Adhemar gear from path A to path B. It seems now more than ever is a good time to swap over. I know the spreadsheet isn't a be all end all formula to calculate how well you'd do but it seems like a good indicator of your overall strength. Below are the two tp sets i'm fooling around with:

ItemSet 345674
Colada: Dmg +17 Str +4 Acc +17 Atk +13 Crit +2%
Adhemar Path B
Herc boots: Agi +8 Acc +27 Atk +9 TA +3
and
ItemSet 345675
Colada: Dmg +17 Str +4 Acc +17 Atk +13 Crit +2%
Adhemar Path A
Herc Vest: Agi +3 Acc +27 Atk +5 TA +3
Herc Gloves: Dex +10 Acc +35 Atk +27 TA +2
Herc Boots: Agi +8 Acc +27 Atk +9 TA +3

The spreadsheet has the first set winning by just under 300 dps self buffed during TP phase. This is assuming accuracy is not an issue. I'm at about 1113 acc in the first set, which I assume is a good baseline for anything not T3 Reisenjima and above. 1641 JPs and using the Zahak reborn spellset. I have 3 questions:

1. Should I swap out my Dex/DA rosmerta's for a Dex/STP one for TP phase? It's a negligible difference according to the spreadsheet, about a .04 rounds difference and 11dps.
2. Is it worth making a Dex/Crit rosmerta's for CDC? (assuming nothing else to make)
3. Assuming no access to higher tier items (telos earring, HQ adhemar, etc for the time being) what improvements can/should I make?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-27 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clack said: »
2. Is it worth making a Dex/Crit rosmerta's for CDC? (assuming nothing else to make)

What else did you use until now? :o
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-27 11:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The DEX/Crit one is far more important than the DEX/DA one you already made, so yes, get it. It's also what you should be using your dyes on.

As far as switching your pre-existing cape- maybe look into switching to DW. A DEX/Crit cape actually isn't bad for TP too, but it doesn't really look like you have a reason to be saving cape allocations so just keep the TP cape and switch it to either STP or DW.
By cocl 2016-08-27 11:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Asura.Clack said: »

What else did you use until now? :o

The first cape I ever made was DEX/DA when ambuscade first came out. This was pre AG Tizona as well
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-27 11:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I see - yeah deffo worth to make a DEX crit for CDC :)
By cocl 2016-08-27 11:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The DEX/Crit one is far more important than the DEX/DA one you already made, so yes, get it. It's also what you should be using your dyes on.

As far as switching your pre-existing cape- maybe look into switching to DW. A DEX/Crit cape actually isn't bad for TP too, but it doesn't really look like you have a reason to be saving cape allocations so just keep the TP cape and switch it to either STP or DW.

Gotcha, thanks!
 Asura.Gesetz
user: Cptjoe
By Asura.Gesetz 2016-08-27 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Spicyryan said:

I have been working on it, just went over the Suggested Spellsets and anything else for the last few months.

Not sure if it is an error on my end, but the spellset "80 Points and 1200 JP+" appears to be missing a spell in the base set, most likely sinker drill.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-29 09:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gesetz said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Spicyryan said:

Not sure if it is an error on my end, but the spellset "80 Points and 1200 JP+" appears to be missing a spell in the base set, most likely sinker drill.

Spicyryan said:
Doh! Thanks, went and fixed it all up.

You know I even counted it for that set listing 66 points total, but only 60 points were in there when I added it back up. Other two sets, not so much. Fixed that though.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-29 16:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a pair of Herculean feet with an MAB +46 augment from Dark Matter. Would the total 56 mab outdo Amalric or Jhakri pigaches +1? Only problem I see is the lack of INT on Herc feet but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-08-29 16:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling this out my butt since I'm rusty but...

For int modded spells you're likely to gain more mileage from Jhakri +1, herculean's mab for other spells.

However without knowing the m.acc on your herc, Jhakri +1 might be better depending on what you're up against.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-08-29 18:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

it got 17 m.acc too
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-29 19:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, reactivated for a month at least. Gonna give this a go. Time to begin the long process of getting from skirmish gear to modern gear :^)

i'm still wearing a *** claid or something.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-08-31 23:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So what Blue Enhancement spells Rely on Blue Magic Skill and do those spells cap out? Example Diamondhide is reported to cap out at 500 skill and gives 333.3 AoE stoneskin effect at cap according to BGWiki.

Second question is can I break 600 Blue Magic Skill in a meaningful way? (Meaningful as in not using those trash swords)
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-09-01 05:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Occultation gives a number of shadows based on BLU Skill the formula is Blue Skill/50 = number of shadows.

I'm not sure if these cape or you can break 600 in a meaningful way, tend to stop between 500~550 for BLU skill when casting.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-09-01 06:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, reactivated for a month at least. Gonna give this a go. Time to begin the long process of getting from skirmish gear to modern gear :^)

i'm still wearing a *** claid or something.

Yeah first thing you should get is that Ambu mage gear we discussed and get killed by it even if its just for Sanguine :D
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-01 07:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

600 is the cap without using the trash swords/gimp ring. However, it will cost you a lot of gil to achieve it. The Aptus Earrings are from Battaru Royale fight, Chocobo Key key item.

ItemSet 345827
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-09-01 08:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
600 is the cap without using the trash swords/gimp ring. However, it will cost you a lot of gil to achieve it. The Aptus Earrings are from Battaru Royale fight, Chocobo Key key item.

ItemSet 345827

Ah yeah guess the earrings are what I was missing. That seems like a pain and a half to farm lol.

Everyone wants +1 rings anyway....kind of saving for them now...and maybe waiting the price out.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-01 08:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to buy the KI for the fight from the Gobbie in Port Jeuno for 1500 gil and 15 Beastmen seals + being able to warp to Full moon Fountain makes it not too bad.
By minikomby 2016-09-01 09:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

ItemSet 345827

Ah yeah guess the earrings are what I was missing. That seems like a pain and a half to farm lol.

Everyone wants +1 rings anyway....kind of saving for them now...and maybe waiting the price out.

What augment does the cape have?
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 446 447 448