2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 445 446 447
By Nocki 2016-10-09 17:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
So when was the last time we discussed Mache Earring (even the NQ) being better than Brutal for CDC?
I personally use Mache NQ and moonshade.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-09 17:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
So when was the last time we discussed Mache Earring (even the NQ) being better than Brutal for CDC?
I personally use Mache NQ and moonshade.

That's what the spreadsheet is telling me too slightly, six ways to Sunday.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-14 10:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Yandaime said: »
I think the uses between the two are clear. It's really hard to get that nearly perfect herc.

Yeah. The body seems particularly hard to augment, at least for me. I've already thrown 2000+ Ferns at it and still only have mediocre augments.

For sake of sanity I would recommend getting Abnoba instead of trying to make a Herc to beat it.

It's all luck. I've thrown over a thousand stones on herc feet and haven't gotten any great augments. I did get a Herc body augmented with DEX+9, acc+39, att+38, crit hit dmg+3% though. So it is possible to get a very nice herc body... just depends whether you'd rather spend a ton of stones on it or farm the Escha T3 for Abnoba (which has a relatively low drop rate).

But even with augments this good, the Abnoba and the Herc should be very close to the same. Depending on other gear.. meaning that if your ddex is brilliant beforehand.. the herc COULD win, but I'm thinking in most situations the Abnoba still edges it out.

That being said, if I were lucky enough to get those augs on a herc body - and didn't have an abnoba - I wouldn't bother getting one.
[+]
 Asura.Alucardr
Server: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2016-10-17 07:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I swapped my herc body and feet from +6% crit hit rate to 8% crit hit dmg according to the guide and i noticed my crits are almost gone.

That comparison on SR with same gear and buffs as before. Should i revert to crit hit rate instead of i should keep with crit damage?
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-17 11:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How did you "notice" this? Not being pessimistic but one run isnt very indicative. Did you parse it over a length of time? Have your baseline before and after? Or is this all eyeballing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-17 12:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
I swapped my herc body and feet from +6% crit hit rate to 8% crit hit dmg according to the guide and i noticed my crits are almost gone.

That comparison on SR with same gear and buffs as before. Should i revert to crit hit rate instead of i should keep with crit damage?

Rather than ask how you noticed this.. even if I agree with Azagarth on his response - I will humor you here.

Being that CDC has so many things effecting it, it becomes difficult to tell whether you crit.. got a TA proc.. etc. That being said, it's a Dex WS and dropping 6% crit rate shouldn't floor your critical rate unless the rest of your gear is atrocious.

Anyway you can show us the before and after set so we can eyeball it and see if there is any reason it dropped off? Also, what mob/content are you testing this on?
By nope 2016-10-17 16:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone direct me to a semi up to date spreadsheet for blu please.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-17 17:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The one on the main page is only missing the Jhakri set. Outside of that, it's 100% current.
By nope 2016-10-17 17:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you. Oraen.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-10-20 09:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a buff to the potency and/or duration of a lot of enhancing blue magic a while back. This was when nature's meditation went from 60 seconds to 90, barrier tusk to 3 minutes, plasma charge went to 12 minutes or whatever the ***, etc. Regeneration went from 10/tick to 25 in that update.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-10-20 17:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of the loop, how come people want BLU/blm for this new Ambuscade?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-10-20 18:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental Seal all but guarantees that the gravity from Subduction lands. As it is the most potent gravity, it allows for the DDs to more easily kill the frog while the tank kites.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-21 05:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Elemental Seal all but guarantees that the gravity from Subduction lands. As it is the most potent gravity, it allows for the DDs to more easily kill the frog while the tank kites.
When I've done the fight on PLD I didn't even kite, we'd go in, I'd build hate, the BLU/BLM would land subduction and I'd run behind the far pillar, if the frog gets to close I just move to the other side of the pillar to make him walk the other way round.

Pretty dull fight as the tank!
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-23 14:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that the skill based buff (AKA Occultation shadows set) isn't on the page anymore.

I was curious if anyone figured out a way to get 600 blue magic skill. Sitting on 582 and wondering if there's an extra 18 out there that I'm not seeing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-23 19:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

476 base
+20 assimilator body+1
+15 cornflower cape
+10 deceiver/incanter torque
+23 hashishin tayt
+10 rawhide gloves
+13 luh. keffiyah
+5 mavi tathlum
+16 stikini rings+1

= 588

with renaye ring instead of a stikini+1, 590

only way to pull 600 is with iris(es) or medeina kilij, which are garbage.. you could macro it prior to a fight though
 Ragnarok.Muffz
Server: Ragnarok
user: Muffz
By Ragnarok.Muffz 2016-10-23 19:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

+8 from relic feet
+4 from add-on coffer earrings x2
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-10-23 20:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

mavi tathlum
af2 head
incanter's torque
af1 body
rawhide gloves
stikini ring nq x2
cornflower cape with max skill augment
af3 legs
af2 feet

is 590 skill with all skill gifts. Would need to use a iris/medeina kilij or some combo of hq stikini/reneye + addon earring augments to hit 600, which is super not worth it. I would just focus on flooring recast in 550 skill.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-23 23:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

600 skill is the max without using Iris, or SoA ring
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-10-24 05:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
I noticed that the skill based buff (AKA Occultation shadows set) isn't on the page anymore.

I was curious if anyone figured out a way to get 600 blue magic skill. Sitting on 582 and wondering if there's an extra 18 out there that I'm not seeing.

A 550 set with recast reduction is going to be better than 600 skill set.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-24 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get 600 but you need two Stiniki Rings +1 and you won't be able to floor the recast.

ItemSet 346568

This set will get you 550+ skill and floor your recasts as long as you have capped magic haste. I consider it much more valuable than a 600 skill set. You'll need a 6% fast cast augment on the herculean helm and at least 3 blue magic skill on cornflower cape. If you don't want to try for a 6% fast cast augment, you can use Carmine Mask, but you will need the HQ.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-10-24 11:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question just got some Herc legs are there any augs apart for when needing more acc that will beat Samnuha Trousers?
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-10-24 11:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »

A 550 set with recast reduction is going to be better than 600 skill set.

I already live in this world. I was just curious about the 600 set for pre-buffing. So like before I pop a mob, or before I round up mobs for a cleave.

Too much BS inventory, so going to stay where I am. Not swapping swords in, even if my tp doesn't matter when I'm looking to apply the spell.

Thanks everyone for responses, your resourcefulness is, as always, impressive.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-24 14:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Some discussion on the ninja forum has led me to wonder if BLU/WAR single wielding is actually better than dual wielding if you have a DNC giving you Haste Samba. You'll end up getting Fencer, more TP per strike, aftermath on every strike (very relevant to Almace/Tizona users), a few more spell points and Genmai's Shield at the expense of your offhand and some attack speed.

The attack speed marginal gain will vary based on the weapon changes. For Almace/Sequence -> Almace, dual wield only yields a 5.3% marginal gain in attack speed because the delay on Almace is lower. Your base TP per strike goes from 55 to 71 when single wielding (a 29.1% marginal gain). I'd say it would easily win because 1) white damage would go up (yay aftermath) 2) WS rate would go up but CDC losing a hit might tilt it back the other way. Any thoughts?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-24 14:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked at it a while back (for single wielding Tizona, pre-AG update), and with incorrect fTP values for CDC, it still wasn't terrible. With the corrected spreadsheet, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it comes out ahead (given full-potency Haste Samba) and is something I've been wanting to look into again for a while. Savage Blade/Expiacion gear has also improved a lot since then.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-10-24 15:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For Almace users you may want to still use CDC if you have the right buffs, although I don't think we have data on how double attack applies to single wielding.
By Afania 2016-10-24 16:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Some discussion on the ninja forum has led me to wonder if BLU/WAR single wielding is actually better than dual wielding if you have a DNC giving you Haste Samba. You'll end up getting Fencer, more TP per strike, aftermath on every strike (very relevant to Almace/Tizona users), a few more spell points and Genmai's Shield at the expense of your offhand and some attack speed.

The attack speed marginal gain will vary based on the weapon changes. For Almace/Sequence -> Almace, dual wield only yields a 5.3% marginal gain in attack speed because the delay on Almace is lower. Your base TP per strike goes from 55 to 71 when single wielding (a 29.1% marginal gain). I'd say it would easily win because 1) white damage would go up (yay aftermath) 2) WS rate would go up but CDC losing a hit might tilt it back the other way. Any thoughts?

I downloaded the newest sheet and tried to play with it rq, I'm not getting single wield winning in terms of dps, at least in acc/attack capped situations.

Current setup:
60 stp sam roll, acc/attack capped. DNC main in pt for 10% haste samba. JT: Same as job guide: DW 3 stp 5 sb 3 TA, critical attack 3, SJ WAR.

Tp set:
Mostly the same as dream tier in job guide too, except DW earring to brutal, DW body to TA herc body due to not needing any additional DW with 10% JA haste from DNC.

Also used DA+10 ambuscade back with almace and crit+10 back for tizona due to having better result than stp+10 on spreadsheet.

WS set:
Mostly the same as dream tier in job guide, except hands > Adhemar HQ, feet > Thereoid greaves.

Tizona/almace:
set dps: 5702
ws avg: 26102
round/ws: 2.394
totl cycle time: 349
Total cycle dmg: 33150

Tizona/genmei(using the same set for single wield due to not needing any DW gear for DW set already):
set dps: 5345
ws avg:20133
round/ws: 3.066
total cycle time: 282
total cycle dmg: 25137

Almace/sequence:
set dps:5600
ws avg: 24229
round/ws: 2.458
total cycle time 357
total cycle dmg: 33310

Almace/genmei:
set set dps: 5508
ws avg: 19815
Roind/ws: 3.827
total ycle time: 311
total cycle dmg: 28591

I haven't look into spells to rep DW job trait though, probably something DEX.

Edit: Only used CDC on both, haven't check other WS.
Edit2: You can probably gain some extra acc with single wield almace, from spell, shield, and ended up having almace single wield winning when you need acc. Haven't look into that yet though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 445 446 447