Blue Magic Skill +10
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-02 20:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't kept up at all with this ***, should I gear up a bit before trying to get a group together for Sarama? Can hit 1021acc before food and buffs which seems low for this
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-09-02 20:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
600 is the cap without using the trash swords/gimp ring. However, it will cost you a lot of gil to achieve it. The Aptus Earrings are from Battaru Royale fight, Chocobo Key key item.

ItemSet 345827

Ah yeah guess the earrings are what I was missing. That seems like a pain and a half to farm lol.

Everyone wants +1 rings anyway....kind of saving for them now...and maybe waiting the price out.

IMO not worth the fuss nor the gil, in what situation do you WANT to cast occu in THAT gear, please tell me ur secrets :O ... I rather have a 15 seconds recast with FC gear and capped Haste then this BS build wich is so 2011. Yeah you can get occu down to 15 secs, if you didnt know allready.

Oh and before you come bash in with precast and endcast, think about it twice. Still better options avail for pre and endcast, imo.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-02 21:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Haven't kept up at all with this ***, should I gear up a bit before trying to get a group together for Sarama? Can hit 1021acc before food and buffs which seems low for this

1021 is a bit low, but you should be alright with a decent chunk of buffs and food. When I went for the sword, I believe 1300 was the cap, but I haven't done Sarama since the evasion changes, so I don't know how much lower he might be as of now. Has anyone fought him recently that can give a better accuracy requirement?
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-09-02 21:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1150+- with 2 GEO and Sublime nets okish results. It boils down to the one BLU tanking and not dying while you still contribute some decent CDCs for him.

Edit: I have yet to make the math but from eyeballing - 135 content lost bout ~90 eva? Please correct me if i am wrong.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-02 22:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy said:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sarama

"Accuracy caps around 1275."

I try. :|
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-02 23:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

kay so stick to claid for now until I have at least zitah stuff.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-02 23:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
kay so stick to claid for now until I have at least zitah stuff.

Spicy said:
GEO BLU duo Nosoi, make darkness, earth MB, dead.

Wb, btw, glad to have you back.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-09-03 00:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They all come back, and then quit again!
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-03 04:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
IMO not worth the fuss nor the gil, in what situation do you WANT to cast occu in THAT gear, please tell me ur secrets :O ... I rather have a 15 seconds recast with FC gear and capped Haste then this BS build wich is so 2011. Yeah you can get occu down to 15 secs, if you didnt know allready.

Oh and before you come bash in with precast and endcast, think about it twice. Still better options avail for pre and endcast, imo.

It wasn't meant to be a go-to set. Just what the max skill without using Iris or SoA ring.
By Afania 2016-09-03 07:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »

Just cast in that set before fight and cast in different set mid fight for recast....
By Selindrile 2016-09-03 18:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I dread the thought of testing it, but does anyone know if Aquaveil+ equipment (Amalric Coif/Emphatikos Rope/Shedir Seraweels) affect Carcharian Verve?

I would've assumed not but was surprised when I found out that Refresh bonus equipment affects Battery Charge, so thought I'd ask.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-03 18:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't done any testing, but it's very likely that it does. "Regen" bonuses affect regeneration, "refresh" affects battery, so this should follow the same trend, since it gives you the aquaveil effect.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-09-03 18:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume that it does, given how Refresh and Regen potency works, but no, I haven't specifically tested it. I use the Coif on Verve since it's already in my inventory for other, completely proven things.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-03 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stoneskin+ doesn't work on blu spells thou, so who knows. Verve with +aquaveil would be difficult to test considering how many charges it has at base already.

I macro in coif + rope + shedir pants on it anyways thou because why not.
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2016-09-06 10:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As a tizona/colada user who will never make almace, what use (if any) would i get out of a sequence? The base dmg look nice for shorter fights but otherwise a bit meh.
About to start a 2nd aoenic soon but having trouble deciding...
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-06 10:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkk said: »
As a tizona/colada user who will never make almace, what use (if any) would i get out of a sequence? The base dmg look nice for shorter fights but otherwise a bit meh.
About to start a 2nd aoenic soon but having trouble deciding...

Spicyryan said:
Mainhand use during short fights (SR, vol2 Ambuscade, UNMs, etc) and offhand use with your Tizona when you are capped on accuracy.

In most setups you should be still sticking to CDC>CDC, but Sequence can at least do double dark (req>cdc>req) if you find yourself in a position to open up a SC for people. A theoretical typical situation would be on Golden Kist or something. For me I would be duoing it BLU and GEO (nuking to proc the weakness).
However, Req blows the big bone as we know, and in the aforementioned situation you would just stick to Tizona anyway.

AFAIK, using sequence effectively would require working with someone more so than trying to use it solo, but it serves well without skillchaining (first sentence of this post).
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-07 14:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan said:
Finishing the BLU trait page redux on BG and I keep returning to the fact that I still don't know if DW6 is a real thing at 2% or just a rounding error. Hasn't been talked about in awhile.

Think I will keep 5 the cap unless anything is found out.

Yes it is worthless if it does exist, but it is just a documentation sorta thing.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-09-07 14:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with the other poster. If you have a Tizona or Almace (I happen to have almace), would sequence offer substantial upgrade if primarly using it offhand over colada?

The dps spreadsheet seems to calculate a bit more dps than my not dream augmented colada. Obviously, I'm not going to main hand it over Almace in almost any situation, but...

offhand: Colada vs Sequence ??
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-07 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely a thing at 1-2%. IIRC someone even asked SE if it was a bug and they said DW6 was intentional, but I don't think they put a number on it.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-07 14:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
I'm with the other poster. If you have a Tizona or Almace (I happen to have almace), would sequence offer substantial upgrade if primarly using it offhand over colada?

The dps spreadsheet seems to calculate a bit more dps than my not dream augmented colada. Obviously, I'm not going to main hand it over Almace in almost any situation, but...

offhand: Colada vs Sequence ??

Spicyryan said:
Without playing around with the spreadsheet I am going to assume it is not a significant increase in DPS over a good/really Colada.
IIRC, a perfect Colada is better. That obviously doesn't exist, and personally I would rather make an Aeonic than a Colada. So if you are looking for that "substantial" upgrade, offhanding a Sequence is not the one you are looking for. I mean you already made Almace. Your jumps are now relegated to HQ abj sets and minor upgrades here and there now.

However, the prowess of the Sequence in the offhand is easy to understand. As I just said above, acc capped? Sequence. Not capped? Colada.

In defense of making an aeonics for a less substantial upgrade though:
JFK said:
We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
Idk, just came to mind.

Sylph.Traxus said: »
It's definitely a thing at 1-2%. IIRC someone even asked SE if it was a bug and they said DW6 was intentional, but I don't think they put a number on it.

Spicyryan said:
Thanks.

I can always seem to count on you for those random things it seems Traxus.

Is there any chance you have the link to that dev response or any idea on some keywords I can use to dig for it? Not finding anything on it atm.
By Nocki 2016-09-07 14:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carrotchan, so good at posting posts that aren't their actual posts.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-07 14:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Carrotchan, so good at posting posts that aren't their actual posts.

aren't.their.actual.posts said:
Best post waifu, all other post waifu are ***post waifus
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-07 18:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anyway to change the size of the font or something to make the addon fit my resolution? Half the addon is off in space.
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-07 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Spicyryan said:
Thanks.

Is there any chance you have the link to that dev response or any idea on some keywords I can use to dig for it? Not finding anything on it atm.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46182-ギフト- ジョブ特性効果アップについて/page3?s=cb03a05e9dee819974c374eb8e4f8577
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-09-07 20:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Spicyryan said:
Thanks.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46182-ギフト- ジョブ特性効果アップについて/page3?s=cb03a05e9dee819974c374eb8e4f8577

Spicyryan said:
I'd never have found that on my own. Thanks.

Wait, is that same link saying we get killer T3 traits...? It really looks like that to me.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-10 09:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a stupid question but I walk into those alot :)

Original post has Herc body/hands for "dream" cdc set. How far if any are Adhmeher+1 body/hands behind. I assume the herc augs need to be legendary to beat?
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-10 09:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Butts

Aparently quoting you is giving me random letters... Let me fix that.

In any case, you used to be able to open files in notepad++ to change to the X/Y figures for the layout.

Which Addon is it? I know some values you need to declare in game now.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-10 09:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »
Butts

In any case, you used to be able to open files in notepad++ to change to the X/Y figures for the layout.

It's called bluguide I think. it brings up a list of spells based on trait or utility and you can click them to set or unset them. I just play on a smaller resolution so it doesn't fit my screen well.
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-09-10 09:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leoheika said: »
Butts

It's called bluguide I think. it brings up a list of spells based on trait or utility and you can click them to set or unset them. I just play on a smaller resolution so it doesn't fit my screen well.

Looks like you can edit the window positions including text size/colour in Notepad++.
Just keep fiddling with it until you get what suits your tastes.
First Page 2 3 ... 309 310 311 ... 445 446 447