The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 445 446 447
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2015-06-26 11:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, those are just nq elementals. i spent some time yesterday searching altep and grauberg and didn't see a single hybrid on ws, nobody else was in the zone either. I'm going to assume there's some lame condition for them to spawn similar to the scars zone avatars. I don't think abyssea zones have weather patterns?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 11:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I double checked both the elementals in sky and the ones in Heroes zones and they don't use WS.
By Toushin 2015-06-26 11:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I learned Salvo and Entomb in Outer Ra'za (H-6) from Darkness Elemental Phylegmatic Byrgen and Fluturini Butterfly. Darkness Elemental also used Tenebral Crush so not sure if you can learn 2 spells from the same elemental.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 11:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Outer/Inner Ra' are the best places to learn those two outside of Skirmish, since they're always up.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-26 12:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hybrid elementals were introduced with abyssea, dont waste your time searching for them in older areas.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 13:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of that, they do in fact exist in older areas- but again they just don't use the WS.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-26 13:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There are hybrid elementals in Ru'Avitau, but as Kyte said, they don't seem to use any tp moves at all, even when silenced.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-26 14:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought Cure potency received had a 30% cap?
By Draylo 2015-06-26 14:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure they made it 50%
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's 30%. They just made it stack separately from regular +potency.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-26 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it is 30%

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20089-dev1076-Healing-Adjustments?p=268359&viewfull=1#post268359
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-26 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Medeina Kiliji
[Main] All Races
DPS: 3305 DMG:130 Delay:236 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+24 Magic Damage+123 Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Blue Magic skill +10 Magic Accuracy skill +201 "Refresh"+1
LV 99 BLU

This is the first sword that I can recall that remotely comes close to replacing Gabaxorea for magic damage.

It seems odd that SE would make the magic acc skill just 14 lower than Gabaxorea. Does blue magic skill boost our blue magic accuracy and blu magic damage? or does it only apply to blue physical spells?
For all my blue nuking sets I have pretty much ignored blue skill gear - was that a mistake?

Another way to put it is - when you factor in the blu skill+10 on this sword, is it now superior to Gabaxorea?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 15:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

I don't know if the cap has ever been tested, 30% is what SE said when they added the items. There wasn't anywhere near 30% received available to any job I played before I quit.

It is most definitely added at a different step, right before affinity IIRC.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-06-26 15:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
It seems odd that SE would make the magic acc skill just 14 lower than Gabaxorea. Does blue magic skill boost our blue magic accuracy and blu magic damage? or does it only apply to blue physical spells?
For all my blue nuking sets I have pretty much ignored blue skill gear - was that a mistake?

Another way to put it is - when you factor in the blu skill+10 on this sword, is it now superior to Gabaxorea?

Blue skill gives accuracy, but not damage, same as Elemental skill would, for instance. Not sure if there are (or will be) enfeebles that go up in potency based on skill tiers.

For pure nuking, Gabaxorea is still a hair better...but I think the overall utility of having a sword mainhand would outweigh that.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-26 15:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I don't know if the cap has ever been tested, 30% is what SE said when they added the items. There wasn't anywhere near 30% received available to any job I played before I quit.

It's (base, including MND/VIT/HP mods)*(1+potency)*(1+received potency)*(1+weather bonus+day bonus+twilight cape+iridescence). The order of the multipliers doesn't actually matter.

Ignoring the weather, etc. stuff, that means the total +potency/+received potency multiplier caps at *1.95.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-26 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »

Blue skill gives accuracy, but not damage, same as Elemental skill would, for instance. Not sure if there are (or will be) enfeebles that go up in potency based on skill tiers.

For pure nuking, Gabaxorea is still a hair better...but I think the overall utility of having a sword mainhand would outweigh that.

BLU skill is only Macc for nukes, it is both part of base damage and Macc for physical spells. Not correcting you, just clarifying for passers-by.

Odin.Jassik said: »

It's (base, including MND/VIT/HP mods)*(1+potency)*(1+received potency)*(1+weather bonus+day bonus+twilight cape+iridescence). The order of the multipliers doesn't actually matter.

Ignoring the weather, etc. stuff, that means the total +potency/+received potency multiplier caps at *1.95.

Gotcha, I could have sworn it was like this.
(((base, including MND/VIT/HP mods)*(1+potency))*(1+received potency))*(1+weather bonus+day bonus+twilight cape+iridescence)
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-26 23:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Medeina Kiliji
[Main] All Races
DPS: 3305 DMG:130 Delay:236 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+24 Magic Damage+123 Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Blue Magic skill +10 Magic Accuracy skill +201 "Refresh"+1
LV 99 BLU

This is the first sword that I can recall that remotely comes close to replacing Gabaxorea for magic damage.

Doesn't matter, Nibiru Cudgel is better anyways.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-27 01:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It matters because occasionally you do want to use magical nukes while still having access to sword skills.

Plus Sanguine Blade is a thing.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-27 01:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, it also has a cool model.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2015-06-27 01:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get tenebral crush off ele in Outer Ra'Kaznar, but as they spam entomb so much it took me a few to get like 2 for entomb, but more like 8 in end for tenebral, but im stubborn lol and yeah woot finished me tizona to 119 yest.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-27 02:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It matters because occasionally you do want to use magical nukes while still having access to sword skills.

Plus Sanguine Blade is a thing.

Still doesn't remove the fact that Gaboraxea is hard outclassed by Nibiru Cudgel, which appears the guy I quoted was aiming to do. I'm not denying the power of Sanguine Blade, seeing how the camp I used to grind JPs heavily utilized it, but it was mostly because I have a Tizona and I needed the extra M.Acc to make it work.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-06-27 06:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just added the 10 new spells to the wiki, although some basic info (such as stat+) is still missing.
I can complete Saurian Slide and Palling Salvo there soon though; just need to check stats in-game.

Gonna hunt for more spells tonight and add info as I get it.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Mage

EDIT: Had a ton of trouble with copying the correct layout from previous blue mage spells, but I got it working now.
Created pages for Palling Salvo and Saurian Slide (they show up red atm; need to be verified by a site admin first).

To be continued =)
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-27 06:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

need a place for fire/light elemental other than yorcia skirmish~ does it ever pop in morimar? can't remember whether that place can get fire weather. also i cant think of anywhere for thunder/wind other than marjami and weather doesnt seem to be frequent there. (nvm it appears in moh gates)
By Draylo 2015-06-27 06:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Just added the 10 new spells to the wiki, although some basic info (such as stat+) is still missing.
I can complete Saurian Slide and Palling Salvo there soon though; just need to check stats in-game.

Gonna hunt for more spells tonight and add info as I get it.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Mage

EDIT: Had a ton of trouble with copying the correct layout from previous blue mage spells, but I got it working now.
Created pages for Palling Salvo and Saurian Slide (they show up red atm; need to be verified by a site admin first).

To be continued =)

Bleh, update the bg wiki man nobody uses that one anymore except for old content.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-06-27 20:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone checked on the ones that spawn in the Shrine of Ru'Avitau?

EDIT: They spawn(ed) in the "alternate" Kirin room, which is no longer accessible from the teleport pad used to reach Kirin.

Is this room even accessible anymore?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-27 20:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Entomb + subduction together is pretty lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-06-27 22:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ***, I'd long since forgotten about that.

At a glance I'd probably swap in Lebeche Ring and Leviathan Ring +1 over the curepot received rings I had in there before.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-27 23:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

From a practical standpoint, I think it'd be better to just base it off the first good Telchine augments you end up with.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-28 12:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So does Spectral Floe allow for a new tier of MAB with the job gift?
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-06-28 13:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

MaB trait was (supposed to be) capped at t5 before with gift, despite the fact that we had enough points for t6.

Even if the bug that let you hit t6 is still in the game, t7 afaik doesn't exist for players, so it shouldn't allow for anything new in either case.
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 445 446 447