By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-28 17:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the new spells lol
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-28 17:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On anything that's not resistant to dark and not particularly susceptible to another element, Tenebral Crush is our most potent AoE by a pretty good margin. Palling Salvo is weaker but still quite good. In the case of the spells from the hybrids, it would appear (I didn't actually test all of them yet nor I have figured out exact quantities, but I did try Entomb and Scouring Spate) that their +attributes do in fact correspond with their WSC.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-28 19:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Scouring Spate's attack down effect is ~3 minutes. Pretty decent. Saurian Slide is ~1 minute, though 5% better, roughly the same MP cost.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-28 19:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

Me too, they're awesome.
By Draylo 2015-06-28 20:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they are awesome, its like our ultimate magic nukes for each element.
 Cerberus.Mirlikovir
Server: Cerberus
user: eoz41
By Cerberus.Mirlikovir 2015-06-29 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They are all good but situational and point consuming! Did you think yet how to get them in your set ?
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-29 15:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »

Me too, they're awesome.

Also, how the hell you do that kind of damage to a high tier escha NM?
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-06-29 16:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too, they're awesome.

Also, how the hell you do that kind of damage to a high tier escha NM?
Probably bolstered malaise/focus + Burst affinity with empy feet.

Curious how much it'd do off a MB though ;D
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-29 16:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually forgot my AF3 yesterday. Did some today, did 29,500ish lol

No bolster. But, Idris.
 Shiva.Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-06-29 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How much you do on normal casts?
Curious how viable BLU mage sets are at higher level contents compared to other mage job lol (I've been playing geo :s)
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-29 16:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It ranges a lot. When not resisted usually around 14-19k. The Behemoth is the most magic resistant of the T3s. Entomb was doing like 12-13k. All of the additional effects land though. Except Terror from what I have seen. Petrification lands every once in a while on Behemoth lol

But, the attack down/defense down/silence land pretty reliable for full durations
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-06-29 17:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, have Lupine Cape beating Bleating for both Claid and Tizona using Claid/Nibiru Ginsen
Taeon/Asperity/Tripudio/Brutal
Rawhide/Taeon/Rajas/Eponas
Lupine/Windbuffet +1/Taeon/Taeon

On all targets.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-29 17:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, I grabbed a Lupine last night under the hypothesis that it probably would- although I figured it would only be the case for AM3.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-29 17:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm getting it just a little bit ahead as well. I guess the large amount of multi-attack we now have access to has diminished its value slightly. I am surprised that the large amount of attack on bleating doesn't play more of a factor, though.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-07-01 06:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone kept a dual Neshutan build up to date?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-07-03 20:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, we should be able to break 550 skill with the Job Point gifts, Hashishin Tayt +1, Rawhide Gloves, and the other available Blue Magic skill stuff. Medeina Kiliji also has +10 on it. I don't have access to +1 legs which gives +8 skill from the NQs, so was wondering if anyone could see if we get 11 shadows from 550 skill using Occultation or if 10 shadows at 500 skill was the max.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-03 20:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we could actually break it before the last set of gifts, so yeah. The 11th shadow is possible.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-07-03 20:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I think we could actually break it before the last set of gifts, so yeah. The 11th shadow is possible.

So people have been getting 11 shadows? Didn't know if it was capped at 10 with 500 skill or not.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-03 21:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone a few pages back mentioned being able to get the 11th.
 Shiva.Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-07-03 21:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

So people have been getting 11 shadows? Didn't know if it was capped at 10 with 500 skill or not.

Just tested - can confirm 11 shadows.

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-07-04 09:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zykei said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Just tested - can confirm 11 shadows.

Cool, 11 shadows is pretty hot. Think Magic Barrier also goes above 500?
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-05 05:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is jse weapon on blu any worth getting? Aldo are they augmentble?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-05 20:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the JSE for BLU is not worth it by any means. If you're just starting out on BLU, you'll want to pick up a Bura'menkah from Tojil ASAP. Depending on your ability to clear other content, you'll want to pick up an Usonmunku, Claideamh Soluis, or Nibiru Blade. However, all of those require the ability to clear higher content or proper augments to be effective. With the WKR event going on right now, I'd suggest grabbing a Xiutleato from Morimar as a solid off-hand. Augmenting it with OaT and Crit rate makes it quite powerful, and is a decent stopgap before the swords I mentioned previously.

If you want to read some discussion on the current sword hierarchy, 2-3 pages back should have the most up-to-date information.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-06 01:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Nuke sets haven't changed too much as of late. I currently use:

ItemSet 336281
All Helios pieces have macc/mab 18-20. INT/MND 7 would probably be the best dusk augment for them, but I have burst damage since they double for my GEO and SCH nuking pieces. Both Nibiru clubs are path B. For lower content where you won't need much macc, you can swap in pieces with higher base MAB for more damage.

1.1 Not necessarily any best pure nuking spellset. Basically just set tier 1 DW, Tenebral Crush, Subduction, Memento Mori, any of the new nukes that correspond to the element you want to be nuking, then stack the crap out of MAB trait spells. Add in defensive spells as necessary.

2. Nibiru Blades are excellent new swords. Path A is the overall best offhand in the majority of situations, but if you don't need the accuracy and are not attack capped, Nibiru B will edge it out. As mentioned before, Nibiru clubs are excellent nuking pieces. Another noteworthy addition is the Medeina Kiliji from Fenrir. MAB, blue magic skill, and refresh make it a very strong idle sword and a good option for when you are relying on Sanguine as your primary damage.

3. ItemSet 336282
This would be the ideal CDC set as of now. Taeon augments would be acc/atk, STR/DEX, and TA. Crit rate/crit damage Taeon are competitive with them, as well. There are situations in which crit rate/crit damage Taeon pieces will pull ahead of these more significantly, namely when you have samurai roll and fighter's roll to compensate from the lost TP from the absence of multihits. However, STR/DEX and TA are a very safe choice and are generally stronger. The body is basically just a pipedream at the moment, as literally only one person on all servers has been reported to have one. Rawhide body path A is the next best choice.

ItemSet 336283

This set is the best overall TP set at the moment. Taeon augments remain the same as with the CDC set, and the crit rate/damage augments will pull a bit ahead under the same circumstances. Lupine cape is only slightly ahead of Bleating Mantle. If you're needing accuracy, Rawhide gloves and boots path B are utterly phenomenal accuracy swaps.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-06 02:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2. Nibiru Blades are excellent new swords. Path A is the overall best offhand in the majority of situations, but if you don't need the accuracy and are not attack capped, Nibiru B will edge it out. As mentioned before, Nibiru clubs are excellent nuking pieces. Another noteworthy addition is the Medeina Kiliji from Fenrir. MAB, blue magic skill, and refresh make it a very strong idle sword and a good option for when you are relying on Sanguine as your primary damage.
Why do I never see people here mention Xiutleato as a non mythic offhand? I still prefer it over any 119 offhand currently for the majority of content.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-06 03:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Why do I never see people here mention Xiutleato as a non mythic offhand? I still prefer it over any 119 offhand currently for the majority of content.
People get butthurt if you're not using a 119 offhand, even if you have 1000+ accuracy on that hand.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-06 05:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Every test I've run in the past has Xiu losing handily to other options currently available. I haven't tested it within the past week or so, and I may be missing a target on which it excels, but it has never wowed me on anything, either in the spreadsheet or in practice, hence why I don't personally recommend it as anything more than a stepping stone. If there's a scenario I'm missing where it really shines, please share because I want to be as accurate as possible when it comes to BLU. Unfortunately, it seems that my hard drive may have imploded today, so it may be some time before I'm able to test or do basically anything with FFXI.
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-07-06 06:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Ra'kaznar is possible but not worth the effort. If you're stuck on trying it, you'll want to alternate between sword damage and Subduction/Regurgitation damage depending on the NM. The Dullahan for example is better killed via nuking, as he's susceptible to gravity. Regurgitation is hilariously effective on the behemoth.

Yorcia's piss easy though. I generally ran 3/3/1 solo:

Higher tiers are possible but didn't always have pops in stock, so.

Start with the den east of the cantonment. A mob may pop while you're running to it, just kill it. Come back to the cantonment (tab to see if there's an ascension at the southern spawn point on your way back), clear out anything that's arrived, then head west to the next den. The first couple waves of monsters take that path, you can intercept them along the way and just work your way north through all the dens. You'll figure out the rhythm of their early movements easily enough. Grab any ascensions you find along the way (use wide scan); I usually put the first into a stockade and the rest into bayld or fragments because there's really no point getting buffs. The stockade will likely fall as you're making your way back from the final den but it's fine, you can just camp with Subduction from there. It's honestly pretty boring. Melee the panopts down, they take reduced magic damage iirc. Everything else is mindless Subduction fodder.

You can opt to double-time the run instead of getting a stockade if you invest in a higher tier legs pop iirc. You won't be able to kill all the dens that way, but with those trusts you should be okay to tough it out. I took the slow option because my trust selection was kind of bad at the time (still is tbh, lack Amchuchu and Joachim).

Would suggest investing in a full set of HQ Iuitl, or at the very least 4/5 sans body if you have Emet +1 and don't have any need to invest in Iuitl +1 as a MDT or general -DT piece.

Just went into one of these (3/3/3), and I'm a bit confused about one thing:

I cleared out the east den, and the west den, back tracked after each and cleared out any mobs at the stockades. From then on, it's a straight and clear path to the last three Dens. Somehow, mobs kept winding up back at the Stockade, and I had to back track a few times because the Stockades kept being under attack out of nowhere. I might be missing something, but I can't see how they were getting past me, because I'm pretty sure they can only spawn right around the Dens.
By dustinfoley 2015-07-06 07:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Each den adds a monster spawn.

Even if you clear out all of the dens, you will get 2-3 monsters from each direction.

If you can, go clear out a den or two, otherwise just stay at the center and ae the crap out of everything.
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 445 446 447