The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 446 447 448
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-25 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Entomb sounds pretty cool if the petrify is OK. Can use dot aoe nukes and not have to worry about Dream Flower. I mean, nothing beats Subduction spam still.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-25 12:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

worth noting also that M.acc bonus and M.eva bonus are unique to BLU
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-25 13:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And BLU with job points will get the tier 2 versions of them ftw
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-06-25 13:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily, or have you tested that?

Removed the acc/str earring, was not in fact all jobs. Added Kentarch Belt +1.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-25 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It should necessarily give them, given the wording on the Gift.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-06-25 13:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The description of the gift isn't all encompassing, there are many traits it doesn't work with that aren't listed. Zanshin, rapid shot, killer effects, etc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-25 14:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really seeing any real substantiation on that claim, but if there is one beyond the offhand comment from someone when the gift was broken upon release, I'd like to see it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-06-25 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure set updated, since it was a recent point of discussion.

ItemSet 135499

Only need one Telchine piece with curepot+ now, the other three get curepot received.

Curepot+46%, Curepot received+38%
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-06-25 14:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I'm not really seeing any real substantiation on that claim, but if there is one beyond the offhand comment from someone when the gift was broken upon release, I'd like to see it.

I checked them all when the gift was broken (upgraded incomplete traits to t1), was easy to see which it worked with and which it didn't. But alas this is just one offhand comment.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-06-25 15:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat > Saurian Slide = Fragmentation

Savage Blade > Saurian Slide = Distortion

Slide was doing ~2500-2700 to Duskprowlers, but small sample size.

Does not seem to chain with CDC or Expiacion.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-25 17:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Scouring Spate: Atk-20%
Tenebral Crush: Def-20%
Palling Salvo: Bio: Atk-10% -15 HP/tick
Saurian Slide: Despite it saying Defense Down, it actually gives Atk-25%
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-25 17:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the same somewhat awkward property as Ground Strike- Fragmentation A, Distortion B.

Quote:
Saurian Slide: Despite it saying Defense Down, it actually gives Atk-25%

Given how many -Defense spells we have now, I think I actually prefer that. Hopefully it's a text error and not a glitch.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-25 18:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

25% Attack Down is quite powerful actually.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-25 18:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just playing around on VE, Entomb will land on the Tarutarus in Tenzen fight. Wondering about the higher difficulties now since Kukki-Chebukki loves to resist Dream Flower.

Umm, has anyone tested the duration on Silent Storm..? Just tried on a couple of Beady Panopt in Yahse and it lasted what felt even longer than typical Silence spell (120 seconds now). I don't know if these monsters are ultra weak to silence or something, but it felt like 3 minutes+.

Trying again, I cast it on a DRK Velkk then immediately cast Erratic Flutter for a 5 minute duration buff. His silence wore off and a few seconds later my Erratic Flutter wore, so it's either 5 minutes unresisted or really damn close to that.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2015-06-25 19:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to learn the Dual Elemental spells from WoE? Been trying in Flux #15 with a friend a couple rounds but nothing :(
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-25 19:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
Is it possible to learn the Dual Elemental spells from WoE? Been trying with a friend a couple rounds but nothing :(

On the previous page people were saying they were 0/xxx on spells in WoE so I think the consensus is no learning in WoE.

It costs a bit of money, but entering Skirmish solo got me mine. You have to spend a little bit at the start to get 7ish monsters to keep the enemy down, but after that it's just full-on spell hunting. I wouldn't get a total 1/1/1 pop though because you want as much time as possible. Whichever piece gives the time extension, you'd want to 3+ that.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2015-06-25 19:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
Is it possible to learn the Dual Elemental spells from WoE? Been trying with a friend a couple rounds but nothing :(

On the previous page people were saying they were 0/xxx on spells in WoE so I think the consensus is no learning in WoE.

It costs a bit of money, but entering Skirmish solo got me mine. You have to spend a little bit at the start to get 7ish monsters to keep the enemy down, but after that it's just full-on spell hunting. I wouldn't get a total 1/1/1 pop though because you want as much time as possible. Whichever piece gives the time extension, you'd want to 3+ that.
Cheers!
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-25 20:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Entomb sounds pretty cool if the petrify is OK. Can use dot aoe nukes and not have to worry about Dream Flower. I mean, nothing beats Subduction spam still.
Entomb petrify is broken by dot just like break, I tested it on a few mobs after learning it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-25 20:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Entomb petrify is broken by dot just like break, I tested it on a few mobs after learning it.

Yeah, sucks :/
Really seems only useful for things that resist Dark and Light sleep. Or as a decent "starter" nuke after pulling mobs, but generally Subduction better for that anyway.

The most impressive spell I see is Silent Storm so far. 5 minute duration Silence is great. Stepped up to Normal for the Tenzen fight and the hard to sleep Taru got blasted with Silence for the full duration, and the other Tarus weren't bad to sleep. And then the Dark based one for a constant Tourbillion equivalent defense down.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-06-25 21:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And then the Dark based one for a constant Tourbillion equivalent defense down.

20% != 33%
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-25 22:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
And then the Dark based one for a constant Tourbillion equivalent defense down.

20% != 33%

Ah thanks, keep forgetting that's 33%. Was thinking Sweeping Gouge @15% and Tourb @20%.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-06-26 02:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Searing Tempest, went to ballista: INT-63, -29 HP/tick Burn, lasted 1min
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-06-26 02:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang, that INT down's impressive. The DoT effect kinda meh at these levels though. (except in PvP)

Too bad no Addle spell for BLU. Can't really think of any Addle ability other than Pyroclastic Surge though.
By likard 2015-06-26 06:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you explain your setup/process for doing this solo? I have done 3 runs and seen only single elementals, no double elementals. Do you need to have a 222 or 333 to see double elementals? Do you have to clear x amount of floors? I did 111s and cleared the first floor with no option to go up to the next floor in the book so if the first floor didnt have it I was out 100k in supplies.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2015-06-26 08:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday on LS chat, someone said that Abyssea elementals will use the JAs you need to learn if you silence them. Is this true?
By likard 2015-06-26 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just spent 4 hours in abyssea, not a single elemental popped. No weather there, but not sure of the conditions to make the elementals spawn so no dice testing that rumor.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-06-26 10:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

likard said: »
Can you explain your setup/process for doing this solo? I have done 3 runs and seen only single elementals, no double elementals. Do you need to have a 222 or 333 to see double elementals? Do you have to clear x amount of floors? I did 111s and cleared the first floor with no option to go up to the next floor in the book so if the first floor didnt have it I was out 100k in supplies.

Yesterday we did a 131 Yorcia ring with 6 blu. Called out a few mobs to kill off the enemy mob and beat down stronghold and then spent the entire time farming the elementals without killing stronghold. They endlessly re-spawned until the time expired. We got all the spells.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-06-26 10:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lykinia said: »

Yesterday we did a 131 Yorcia ring with 6 blu. Called out a few mobs to kill off the enemy mob and beat down stronghold and then spent the entire time farming the elementals without killing stronghold. They endlessly re-spawned until the time expired. We got all the spells.

Did this as well. Better than waiting for weather.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-06-26 10:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just spent 4 hours in abyssea, not a single elemental popped. No weather there, but not sure of the conditions to make the elementals spawn so no dice testing that rumor.
Aren't the dual elementals in Abyssea popped with a clear abyssite?
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 446 447 448