First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 445 446 447
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-01 14:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Draupnir said: »
Also with your GearSwap when I'm trying to change the gearsets I'm not fully sure how to do it, for example if I want it to use a DT set for fighting is it //gs c toggle TP.DT set or is it something else? Would like to be able to have autoexec register a hp reading below 75% and then put on my DT sets long enough for me to heal and then go back to my regular sets.

gs c equip sets.Utility.PDT

for a macro it needs to be /console gs c equip sets.Utility.PDT

I updated the file with F9-F12 as toggle hotkeys for all of the major sets, but I haven't updated pastebin yet
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-02 11:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping for more advice and lightning the Proth signal!

Finally got my hands on Qaaxo equip,I would like to know if I go on path B (STR+7/ACC+15/PDT 3%) on body/hands/legs/feet, how do they compare to path A? Take into account I will probably get 5/5 Iuitl+1 equip very soon...

For hands, already have Buremte with STR/PDT/MDT and Umuthi gloves so they will probably be path A, looking for more in-depth analysis for body/legs/feet, still have BLU 109 equip and have Quiahuiz trousers with MND(or could shift them to STR if needed)and all manibozho R15 on acc/attk path
 Ragnarok.Manillagorilla
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Manillagorilla 2014-08-02 17:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question for Prothescar: How often do you update the Gearswap lua file in the OP?

I keep mine pretty up to date; anyone care to share their files for general comparison and idea-exchange? Will share mine if asked to.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-02 17:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Bumping for more advice and lightning the Proth signal!

Finally got my hands on Qaaxo equip,I would like to know if I go on path B (STR+7/ACC+15/PDT 3%) on body/hands/legs/feet, how do they compare to path A? Take into account I will probably get 5/5 Iuitl+1 equip very soon...

For hands, already have Buremte with STR/PDT/MDT and Umuthi gloves so they will probably be path A, looking for more in-depth analysis for body/legs/feet, still have BLU 109 equip and have Quiahuiz trousers with MND(or could shift them to STR if needed)and all manibozho R15 on acc/attk path

ideally have a set of both A and B, but A is better for DD purposes. B is for when you need the acc, and there's usually alternatives for that.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
Server: Cerberus
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-08-02 19:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wondering if anyone had an autoexec set up for their BLU, and if they would be willing to post some of it, not really sure what all would be good to put in one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-05 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Iuitl feet +1 augmented with Double attack 1% PDT 3% MDT 4% with 1 wailing stone +2, guess I'm gonna switch Qaaxo feet to path B for the other jobs...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-05 16:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

prosilio belt's gonna be pretty dope for blue magic, glad I never tossed mine!
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-08-05 17:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How significant do you think the BLU adjustments will be? Do you think we will have to do a complete overhaul on BLU physical sets or just minor tweaks? Do you think Blue Magic Skill will be a lot less valuable post update?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-08-06 07:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they intending that blu attack be directly based off main hand attack, meaning blu skill will only be important for raising d value or macc?
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-08-06 08:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Are they intending that blu attack be directly based off main hand attack, meaning blu skill will only be important for raising d value or macc?

Matsui's announcement post says: "Apply physical attack power modifiers from equipment and spells towards physical blue magic spells"

Judging by the wording, I assume that pDIF multiplier will be added to the formula and blue magic skill will still be used to calculate the base damage (D). But this is SE, you never know.
By Viertel 2014-08-06 09:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Manillagorilla said: »
Quick question for Prothescar: How often do you update the Gearswap lua file in the OP?

I keep mine pretty up to date; anyone care to share their files for general comparison and idea-exchange? Will share mine if asked to.

Question about that here:

Like I stated I recently came back and haven't had too much trouble with the shift from Spellcast to Gearswap. Most of it's easily understood and not needing to deal with AutoExec on a lot of stuff's made it simpler.

However, after a few days of google searching and browsing other already made gearswaps... how the hell do you get gearswap to actually deal self-cure gearsets and normal cure gearsets? I've seen this done at least ten different ways and this one thing, while minor, is irritating in that I can't figure it out.

PLD gearswaps, WHM gearswaps, even BLU gearswaps all show different methods and while I understand each lua's different not a single attempt has actually gotten this to work for me.

The snippet is here:

The lua I'm using here (mostly Kinematics while I get used to the game again, and gearswap itself):
This isn't a huge deal since most everything else seems to have worked, and would just like help figuring out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-06 10:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The key would be checking your target and changing your set based on if the target of the spell is you or not.
Code
 if spell.target.name == player.name then
                                equipSet = equipSet.SelfCure
                        else
                                equipSet = equipSet.Cure
                        end
 Asura.Velata
Server: Asura
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2014-08-06 10:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
The key would be checking your target and changing your set based on if the target of the spell is you or not.
Code
                                equipSet = equipSet.SelfCure
                        else
                                equipSet = equipSet.Cure
                        end

I've already included that. But since spoiler tag seems FUBARed here:
Code
function midcast(spell,action)
        if spell.english == "Magic Fruit" then
                        equipSet = sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Healing.Self
                else
                        equipSet = sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Healing
                end
        end
end

http://pastebin.com/bQc9rnvL
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-06 13:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The post midcast maybe causing issue have you turned on showswaps and disable any aftercast swapping and see exactly what gear you change into? The midcast looks fine unless the Magic Fruit spell name is wrong in case...

Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
        -- Add enhancement gear for Chain Affinity, etc.
        if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
                for buff,active in pairs(state.Buff) do
                        if active and sets.buff[buff] then
                                equip(sets.buff[buff])
                        end
                end
        end

-- If in learning mode, keep on gear intended to help with that, regardless of action.
        if state.OffenseMode == 'Learning' then
                equip(sets.Learning)
        end
end

Asura.Velata
By Asura.Velata 2014-08-06 14:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Commented out post_micast, and aftercast, and then both together. It's flat out just pretending as if the function/rule isn't there.

And yeah, that's with gearswaps showing so I could double check in the log. Like I said I've been trying to get this to work for a week and absolutely nothing has helped mostly due to the fact that the vast majority of luas don't even bother with a self-rule/function and the ones that do it isn't working with mine anyway.

I've placed that above the post_midcast (probably doesn't matter but it's more my own sake in terms of flow order), and even just flat out removed the two sections instead of commenting and still not working.

Not really sure why or what's going on.

EDIT: And no, I've tried all the BLU healing spells. It's not isolated just to Magic Fruit. Something's wrong and I just can't see it.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-06 16:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Try spell.english:lower() == 'magic fruit' at this point I would start to use addtochat to see where or if the logic is being executed.

Also don't you still have to equip(equipSet)? equipset is a variable does it also perform the equip or you need equip (equipSet) after the assignment to actually change gear...
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-06 16:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it this way and it works perfectly every time ~
Code
function midcast(spell)
    if spell.type == 'BardSong' then
        equip_song_gear(spell)
    elseif string.find(spell.english,'Cur') then
                        equip(sets.midcast.Base,sets.midcast.Cure)
						add_to_chat(158,'Self Cure')
                else
                end

elseif spell.english=='Stoneskin' then
        equip(sets.midcast.Base,sets.midcast.Stoneskin)
    end
end

Using a BRD fore Cure targets instead but added the add to chat line to tell you everytime its targetting you and when it works.

Using other gearswap files a s template and adding complex rules with multivariables for the same input / output can cause issues if you don't account for them, it might be prudent to add to the role an exception for Magic Fruit

if spell.type == 'Blue Magic' and not spell.name == ' Magic Fruit' then ~

It's not a perfect text rule but an idea to try if that specific part causes an issue.
 Asura.Velata
By Asura.Velata 2014-08-06 17:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Try spell.english:lower() == 'magic fruit' at this point I would start to use addtochat to see where or if the logic is being executed.

Also don't you still have to equip(equipSet)? equipset is a variable does it also perform the equip or you need equip (equipSet) after the assignment to actually change gear...

As I said, I took a template and started to work with it. Everything but the Unbridled rule (which I commented out) and this (which I'm trying to get to work) hasn't given me issues at all.

Nevertheless I gave a combination of what you asked and Conagh's example:
Code
function job_midcast(spell)
	if string.find(spell.english,'Magic Fruit') then
			equip(sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Healing.Self)
			add_to_chat(158,'Self Cure')
		else
			equip(sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Healing)
		end
	end
end

Still not working. On the plus side, it's showing the add_to_chat just fine, but still equips the incorrect gearset. Even testing with Cure III as a sub it's still using the incorrect set (per your Cur stringfind).

I've double, triple, quad checked that the equipset is the same countless times and even created a simple sets.midcast.curing and sets.midcast.curing.self, as well as sets.midcast.selfcuring in case nesting was the issue (I severely doubted it but I had to try).
By kenshynofshiva 2014-08-06 17:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that in both midcast and job midcast? also is showswaps on what set is it changing into if any?
Does //gs equip sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].Healing.Self work from the chat line?

I copied the sets and tested it at the commandline no issue I had to add
sets.midcast = {}

before
sets.midcast['Blue Magic'] = {}
but I don't use the includes
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-06 18:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
if spell.english == 'Magic Fruit' or spell.english == 'Plenilune Embrace' or spell.english == 'Wild Carrot' or spell.english == 'Pollen' or spell.english == 'Cure III' or spell.english == 'Cure IV' then
		equip(sets.BlueMagic.Cures)
			if spell.target.name == player.name and string.find(spell.english, 'Magic Fruit') or string.find(spell.english, 'Plenilune Embrace') or string.find(spell.english, 'Wild Carrot') or string.find(spell.english, 'Cure III') or string.find(spell.english, 'Cure IV') then
				equip(sets.BlueMagic.SelfCures)
			end
	end

this is what I use. there's probably a way to make a string find for all of them in one line, but I don't know how and don't particularly care. On that note, updating the pastebin for my gearswap file to include toggles and whatnot.

edit: k pastebin gearswap lua updated. now includes gearset toggles bound to F9-F12 in addition to other tweaks including new spells and club sets. link to it is under the equipment section in the OP

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Velata
By Asura.Velata 2014-08-06 20:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all that helped, but it ended up being incredibly simple and not even related to that rule I was making at all.

I had commented out the pre-cast due to the Unbridled Learning causing massive issues when using Unbridled Wisdom and just deleted that part of Precast, and it works perfectly fine.
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2014-08-07 12:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just had a quick look at our spell list and almost all of them contribute as 4 points towards a trait (the tiers being 8/16/24, etc) However, amorphic/charged/everyone's contribute as 6 points each towards gilfinder/treasure hunter. I'm wondering whether SE will add another spell with 6 points towards gilfinder/treasure hunter to make TH2 seeing as the next tier is 24, what do you think?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-07 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
Just had a quick look at our spell list and almost all of them contribute as 4 points towards a trait (the tiers being 8/16/24, etc) However, amorphic/charged/everyone's contribute as 6 points each towards gilfinder/treasure hunter. I'm wondering whether SE will add another spell with 6 points towards gilfinder/treasure hunter to make TH2 seeing as the next tier is 24.

That would make BLU able to get TH3, and SE seems pretty intent that no job besides THF should have greater than TH2. They kinda cemented that when they nerfed BST pets and made the only all jobs TH piece the same slot as the only other non-THF TH piece.
 Odin.Acacia
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-08-09 10:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What augments are needed on Moonshade Earring for the WS sets?
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2014-08-09 11:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an up to date White wind set they would care to share?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-09 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Proth posted this set a few pages back, you could probably replace the slots that have rare or difficult to get with other things, but I've found white wind pretty hard to justify if you have a WHM in party because it can create some mechanics issues with the way curaga's and AF3+2 legs work.

ItemSet 325120

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 445 446 447