The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 445 446 447
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-27 05:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on mods, ifrit/ifrit usually since they affect nearly every spell in multiple ways

probably

no but the difference is minimal

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-27 13:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Want to use BLU/BLM in worm PT as nuker, thinking spamming blizzard with HG/Beyond/Ultimate however not sure if that is best way to go about it or if a BLU nuke would be best.

So is single target BLU nuke? If so which with atma combo?

What support spells would be best to set?

Main reason I want to play with this route is I only use BLM for worm PT when I want to be really lazy so want to phase out BLM and trying to do the melee route in worm PT is annoying with nukers 2 shoting them.

Any info on best way to do this would be wonderful
thank you always.

Standard DD atma, Apoc/RR/SS, spam heavy strike. Still makes Azure, will do 3500-4K on worms. Don't try to reinvent the wheel with single target combat. For AoE killing, the standard nuking stuff applies, MAB atma, CW/Thermal Pulse/Subduction.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-07-27 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize this was partially addressed on the previous page, but i'm curious about the effects and worth of blu skill on gear currently. I've seen lots of people using relic119 body over the af119, and am curious why luhlaza keffiyeh+1 and to a lesser extent luhlaza charuqs+1 are being overlooked. I can understand the acc/att on assimilators, but I have to wonder about making up the ground between 440 skill and 480/500 if that's even worthwhile.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-29 04:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Blue Mage

The attack power of physical blue magic spells will be increased.
Job abilities, magic, food, and equipment that affect physical attack will now be reflected in the attack power of physical blue magic spells.
* With regard to those effects that raise physical attacks by a percentage, the attack of physical blue magic spells will vary based on the strength of the weapon wielded in the main hand.

confirmation on all attack buffs affecting blue magic. pretty serious buff to physical magic. Efflux and CA spells should now be worth using on most content

@above, skill adds a small amount of base damage and attack. the attack will be less useful after this coming update, and the base damage is sometimes easy to beat using pieces that increase WSC/fSTR more efficiently than the skill+ pieces.

424 skill (capped + merits) = 95D

444 (capped + merits + assim+1 body) = 99D (+4)

429 skill (capped + merits + cornflower) = 97D (+2)

437 (capped + merits + luhlaza+1 head) = 99D (+4)

432 (capped + merits + luhlaza+1 feet) = 97D (+2)

Stacking these three pieces doesn't change their weight positively; using all four makes either cornflower capes worthless as removing it will retain the 105D tier, but having it equipped will not exceed it.

Now, as a quick example, let's remove Luhlaza Keffiyeh +1 and replace it with Uk'uxkaj for Thrashing Assault.

Since Thrashing Assault has 32%STR 32%DEX WSC, we get the following D from Luhlaza:

6 from STR + 6 from DEX + 4 from skill = 16D

Uk'uxkaj (no aug):

7 from STR + 8 from DEX = 15D plus a potential extra fSTR tier

Uk'uxkaj (STR aug):

9 from STR + 8 from DEX = 17D plus two or three potential extra fSTR tiers

Uk'uxkaj (DEX aug):

7 from STR + 10 from DEX = 17D plus a potential extra fSTR tier
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-29 05:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I woke up for work and saw these updates. It's a good day to be a BLUE MAGE.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-07-29 08:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait for this ***to hit man stacking attack buffs I can hit crazy numbers nice to see what that will do on physical spells.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-29 08:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the FTP and modifier on glutinous dark
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-29 09:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

50%Str and 50%vit for dart
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-29 09:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking FTP was 3.0? does that sound right
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-29 10:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Glutionous Dart
fTP: 1.0@100 2.0@150 X@300 WSC: 50%STR 50%VIT Casting Time: .5s Recast Time: 6 MP Cost: 16 Blue Point Cost: 2 Stat Bonus: HP+15 STR+3 DEX+3 INT-3 Trait: Max HP Boost
Notes: Long range
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-07-29 10:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got my hands on Qaaxo equip,I would like to know if I go on path B (STR+7/ACC+15/PDT 3%) on body/hands/legs/feet, how do they compare to path A? Take into account I will probably get 5/5 Iuitl+1 equip very soon
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-29 12:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Finally got my hands on Qaaxo equip,I would like to know if I go on path B (STR+7/ACC+15/PDT 3%) on body/hands/legs/feet, how do they compare to path A? Take into account I will probably get 5/5 Iuitl+1 equip very soon

I believe only the hands are worth it for acc unless you are building an acc/pdt hybrid set.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-29 13:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Augmented Buremte gloves with DEX+8 be better for accuracy?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-29 14:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Casting a physical spells eats up 2secs? or is it 2.5s of what would be melee time?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-29 14:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

3.5 seconds. magic delay is 3, then need to account for casting time as well. if adding efflux, need to add an additional 1 second.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-29 16:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So as far as spell spamming goes, assuming capped ratio (from buffs), you should be hitting Thrashing Assault and QC at every opportunity (even without CA or Efflux). In addition if you are not capped haste (through slow spell/aura or w/e) it opens up a ton of spells that should be spammed over standard melee DPS.
By Viertel 2014-07-29 19:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Subduction have anything other than MAB/INT affecting it? I've been away for over a year so am getting back up to speed and everyone praises this spell. 400~ on average is what I'm seeing and my gear isn't fantastic as I'm using Sparks + Bayld to get going while I work on reforged AF/Relic gear at the moment. It's just my roommate and I playing so Delve isn't on the table at the moment.

Does it just do low damage and the spammability of it makes it great (along with the ridiculous weight) or is there a modifier I'm missing?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-29 19:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

n eed magic damage+ for it to shine
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-29 20:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viertel said: »
Does Subduction have anything other than MAB/INT affecting it? I've been away for over a year so am getting back up to speed and everyone praises this spell. 400~ on average is what I'm seeing and my gear isn't fantastic as I'm using Sparks + Bayld to get going while I work on reforged AF/Relic gear at the moment. It's just my roommate and I playing so Delve isn't on the table at the moment.

Does it just do low damage and the spammability of it makes it great (along with the ridiculous weight) or is there a modifier I'm missing?

You'll need augmented (MAB +15 or greater) hagondes gear or don't bother.

Post deleted by User.
By Viertel 2014-07-29 20:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
n eed magic damage+ for it to shine

I figured it was a gear issue (or something I had set in Gearswap was horribly wrong) and that's just something that'll take time.

Thanks.
 Shiva.Devrom
Server: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-30 08:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that we have even more sidegrades now with wkr augments, which AF and AF2 upgrades should I give priority to save both inventory and gil?
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-07-30 09:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I did AF body for spells/CDC, Relic Hands and feet for CDC/augments and relic body for acc TP/WS sets... AF feet may be useful if you need acc feet
By kenshynofshiva 2014-07-30 21:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Using pros gearswap Question anyone use the //gs equip setname to manually test sets?

Trying with the following:

sets.TP = {}

sets.TP.index = {'Standard', 'Solo', 'Marches', 'AccuracyLite', 'AccuracyFull', 'DT', 'DTAccuracy'}
--1=Standard, 2=Solo, 3=Marches, 4=AccuracyLite, 5=AccuracyFull, 6=DT, 7=DTAccuracy--
TP_ind = 1

sets.TP.Standard = {...

Tried many variations and nada....

Ugh case sensitive lol how I miss that //gs equip sets.TP.Standard

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-07-31 17:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So with all the new gear does it drastically lower how much stuff you need on BLU? Or is still the same?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-01 04:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

can fulltime DW earrings unless you're capping attack speed.

still gear intensive.

new Job Points: Chain Affinity skillchain damage is our second best category, learning chance is... well, I guess that value is based on how much you care about enhancing an invisible value that is still based entirely on chance.

Set Points > CA SC Dmg > AL Physical Dmg >= Burst Affinity MDMG+ > UW Conserve MP > Learn Rate
 Cerberus.Draupnir
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2014-08-01 12:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Still going to have about 60+ inventory being used just for gear I assume? Since I've came back I've been able to get rid of a few things here and there with the newer gear.

Also with your GearSwap when I'm trying to change the gearsets I'm not fully sure how to do it, for example if I want it to use a DT set for fighting is it //gs c toggle TP.DT set or is it something else? Would like to be able to have autoexec register a hp reading below 75% and then put on my DT sets long enough for me to heal and then go back to my regular sets.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-01 12:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Draupnir said: »
Still going to have about 60+ inventory being used just for gear I assume? Since I've came back I've been able to get rid of a few things here and there with the newer gear.

Also with your GearSwap when I'm trying to change the gearsets I'm not fully sure how to do it, for example if I want it to use a DT set for fighting is it //gs c toggle TP.DT set or is it something else? Would like to be able to have autoexec register a hp reading below 75% and then put on my DT sets long enough for me to heal and then go back to my regular sets.

If you can fit everything BLU into 60 inventory slots, you're probably wasting your time, honestly. With wardrobe now, BLU can be condensed into ~100 slots without really compromising that much, but it's still very gear intensive if you want to do anything hard.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 445 446 447