Forum » FFXI » General » Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK
Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-04-22 10:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is... if se made it so Summoner had to take action to get items... The next logical step would be for all jobs to have to do the same to get rid of the RMT leech parties. What's stopping that from happening?

Edit: Second question.. SE won't put actually work into anything we WANT, Think they would put that much work into making it so you have to take action to get items? I think not..
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-22 10:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
It's not the using this that's the exploit, it's the using this to generate a limitless ammount of money that's the exploit. And the ban hammer will come down. Everyone knows SE well enough to know that this is soon to be classified as rmt activity.

Yeah I'm sure people get millions and millions of gil doing this every night while they're asleep/during the day while they're at work.

Right?

Really....
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-22 10:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all logic was out the window as soon as SE decided they would punish this so trying to think logically won't get us anywhere.

I still want to know exactly what these smn were farming that it was worth a fuss, the only thing I could think of would be magian trials.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-22 10:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Breeze Geodes, Thunder Geodes, Seals, Chimera Blood, Demon Blood, Crystals...about all Chigoes have going on their drop tables.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-04-22 10:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree whit draylo,they just have no idea what players can actually do whit the game the self have maked,if you dont want something to be possible,just dont make it possible.An exploit is a bug,or an error in the game,and you take advantage of this error,like salvage dupe,it wasnt meant to be,but smn autoattack is meant to be like that,id like this to be last stating,and everyone understand and stop say is bad or i right.As long you use the game,mechanic or not,everything you can do that is allowed by the game itself is "Legit",because is meant to be that.Blaming a job mechanic,is like get mad that ninja have shadows, OMG BST can charm stuffs WTF??? RNG can do dmg at long distance,damn botters... this is exactly what they saying,using a job specific abilities is bad,and they will say the same to every other job specific,that you can use to farm gil afk, the point is only that.
Too bad they are just a bunch of fools,because eventually will ban many ppl,and will be illegittimate,because they are wrong,a player can use anything the game allow to use at their advantage,to kill stuff,to make money ecc,anyone that can prove im wrong plz go ahead and try.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2012-04-22 10:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Stiel said: »
i agree whit draylo,they just have no idea what players can actually do whit the game the self have maked,if you dont want something to be possible,just dont make it possible.An exploit is a bug,or an error in the game,and you take advantage of this error,like salvage dupe,it wasnt meant to be,but smn autoattack is meant to be like that,id like this to be last stating,and everyone understand and stop say is bad or i right.As long you use the game,mechanic or not,everything you can do that is allowed by the game itself is "Legit",because is meant to be that.Blaming a job mechanic,is like get mad that ninja have shadows, OMG BST can charm stuffs WTF??? RNG can do dmg at long distance,damn botters... this is exactly what they saying,using a job specific abilities is bad,and they will say the same to every other job specific,that you can use to farm gil afk, the point is only that.
Too bad they are just a bunch of fools,because eventually will ban many ppl,and will be illegittimate,because they are wrong,a player can use anything the game allow to use at their advantage,to kill stuff,to make money ecc,anyone that can prove im wrong plz go ahead and try.

Well said. I agree 100% the ONLY leg I think SE has to stand on (asides that whole agreement "we can do whatever we want for any reason" line) Is that somewhere in the agreement it does say something about being in control of the character and not AFKING or something somewhere..

But then again if that was their though process then all the afk bazzar characters would be just as at fault as the summoners.

Personally I think this is one of those things that SE screwed up on, I think they brought more light to a subject then the actual action could have ever done on it's own.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-04-22 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's ban people who go afk and don't have /anon up. By afking with their level visible they're providing extra information to other players while not actually being there to type what level they are if asked.

Come on now...
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-04-22 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, if I was still playing, I'd just do this on SMN just because they are threatening to ban people for this. Wait for a GM to tell me while I'm watching Supernatural...

[GM] Greetings, Summoner of San d'Oria. I am sending you a tell to confirm that you are currently present at your keyboard. Would you please respond?

Mizuharu : May I speak with the head of your department? This is the 5th time you've sent a tell to me. I feel like I'm being stalked and, therefore, being harassed.

Sue their *** and use the money to get Sqenix to fire Takana. >_>
By Artemicion 2012-04-22 14:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
It's not an exploit because you aren't abusing a bug, you are using a designed system as intended. Avatars are suppose to auto-attack anything that aggro's you.

It's not the using this that's the exploit, it's the using this to generate a limitless ammount of money that's the exploit. And the ban hammer will come down. Everyone knows SE well enough to know that this is soon to be classified as rmt activity.

Your unwarranted sense of self importance and authoritarian stance on a simple and legitimate game mechanic is hilarious.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-22 15:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This really isn't a targeted "HAY LETZ GIT SMN!" issue. It's the same old a handful of people were engaged in some behavior be it RMT or w/e but SE being lazy as they are instead of targeting the few shady individuals, ruins everything for the majority. All the effort they put in to tweaking jobs, zones, and mobs they could have EASILY eliminated RMT by eliminating the AH, making gil non mailable/tradeable, and altering monsters to say kill kirin, pil, whoever and everyone in the alli gets 500k ea or something. Can rate me down but tell me a system like that wouldnt put RMT out of business.

(edit) The AH system wouldnt need to go as the gil is being distributed via the systemm and not direct player to player.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2012-04-22 15:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »

Yeah I'm sure people get millions and millions of gil doing this every night while they're asleep/during the day while they're at work.

Right?

Really....
Yes actually. Millions. On my server, stacks of breeze geodes go for 1-1.5mil each, and sell pretty quick. Given the very liberal drop rate during wind weather, which is almost always there, combined with the fast respawn of the chigoes, it would actually be very easy to wake up to 1.5-2 stacks in your inventory. 2-3 mil earned for doing nothing more than going to sleep in the right spot? I call that an exploit.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-22 15:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Really....
Yes actually. Millions. On my server, stacks of breeze geodes go for 1-1.5mil each, and sell pretty quick. Given the very liberal drop rate during wind weather, which is almost always there, combined with the fast respawn of the chigoes, it would actually be very easy to wake up to 1.5-2 stacks in your inventory. 2-3 mil earned for doing nothing more than going to sleep in the right spot? I call that an exploit.

You know there's 99 geodes in a stack, right? And you know they're on a timer drop-wise, just like seals and crests? And even with wind weather or on windsday, it's not a guaranteed drop?
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2012-04-22 15:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Really....

You know there's 99 geodes in a stack, right? And you know they're on a timer drop-wise, just like seals and crests? And even with wind weather or on windsday, it's not a guaranteed drop?
If he doesn't know this, it must be because he doesn't farm anything.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-04-22 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

even so,a good played hour of game can net you more than that,and if it was so good,the same spot would be camped by multiple ppl,and wont be worth it at all.Gil wise is nonsense,because to make almost good gil,and make it worth the deal,you should be the only one doing it,which is not the case,its enough 2 3 more ppl,and its already dead,magian trial wise,it may still be a good idea,tho,unless you need just the weather,most stave trials need you to deal x dmg for the kill shot,or the mob have to have a debuff on,so its not the case,because unless it's one of the starting trials,which are easy and fast anyway,you wont get rid of any of the higher steps in any staff trial.And even so,who care anyway,if there are ppl that need to kill chigoes,and get by an afker summoner,they wont have problems pulling off its avatar lol,eventually the smn wont get mobs anymore.
So,gil wise is stupid,trial wise too,they wont steal mobs off any player worth a cent,what SE is talking about?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-22 16:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Right?

Really....

It would take a minimum of 19.8 hours to farm one stack of breeze geodes, assuming they were 100% drops and completely ignoring fight times and fickleness of weather.
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-22 16:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in the Boyahda Tree the other day for a good 8hrs doing a plant trial with near constant water weather and only saw 23 aqua geodes. No way your waking up after an assumed 8hrs of sleep with 200+ geodes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [188 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexfitz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AlexFitz
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexfitz 2012-10-27 17:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In a way, I can see this as being legitimate for a rule

Why?

I will explain real easily.

Imagine your character going out killing mobs, farming xp, and getting items, Automatically. Your away for 2-3 days. Same effect as you playing the game..except your not there. That is basically what the SMN's were doing.

Ask yourself this: Is it fair for one group of people to do this?

Also, someone said qoute "But then again if that was their though process then all the afk bazzar characters would be just as at fault as the summoners."

Not so much, basically, your running a store, and when your running that store, people don't automatically buy your item
every time they see you. Infact, 75-95% of the time they
dont buy anything from your store. On top of that: A lot of players will run right past you. Even the players running by on the go might click on someone elses store, making your chance of getting anything simply 0%

EDIT: Sorry i bumped this post up, didn't realize the date on it. Came up in a search, but i suppose more people need to know about this rule if they don't already
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-27 17:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

6 month necro bump

Why?

I will explain real easily.

No one knows
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-27 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Why
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-10-27 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Your half-year late input is highly valued. Thank you.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexfitz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AlexFitz
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexfitz 2012-10-27 18:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys don't have to be such D***s, lol read my Edit
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-10-27 18:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be this hurricane people are bumping and posting silly ***...
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-27 18:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Alexfitz said: »
you guys don't have to be such D***s, lol read my Edit

No one cared about it when it was recent.
[+]
By spryte 2012-10-27 18:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

dang alex lol :P
 Asura.Zizek
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-10-27 18:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL i was just thinking about this dev post yesterday, i'm glad it was necro'd
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-10-27 19:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG WHEN WAS THIS UPDATE. CONVERT YOUR CROUR THEY GONNA NERF BLINKERS I SWEAR.
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-27 19:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wakabo said: »

Did you hear?

They already did.

Game's dieing.

We should all quit.

Something something economy.

blah blah blah Obama's fault.
[+]
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2012-10-27 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
Bahamut.Wakabo said: »

Did you hear?

They already did.

Game's dieing.

We should all quit.

Something something economy.

blah blah blah Obama's fault.

LOL
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-10-27 19:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said: »
Ragnarok.Stiel said: »

Well said. I agree 100% the ONLY leg I think SE has to stand on (asides that whole agreement "we can do whatever we want for any reason" line) Is that somewhere in the agreement it does say something about being in control of the character and not AFKING or something somewhere..

But then again if that was their though process then all the afk bazzar characters would be just as at fault as the summoners.

Personally I think this is one of those things that SE screwed up on, I think they brought more light to a subject then the actual action could have ever done on it's own.
U cant say that afk bazzars are this seeing as they really are not.That was from the time it was made ment to be a semi shop system so we can sell items like a shop.So afking is the same thing as a shop keeper sitting there on the computer when no one is in the shop buying any thing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-27 20:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

damn guys perpetuate the stupid necro even longer why don't you
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7