Forum » FFXI » General » Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK
Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Unleashhell
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Unleashhell 2012-04-20 15:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it is people just going afk running a script to level SMN skill. SE is just saying they are attacking since they can't outright say "players are running a script of some kind to level their SMN skills". I don't think I have ever come across this tbh. Where do they even do this? Maybe on Orbs?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-20 15:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Unleashhell said: »
Maybe it is people just going afk running a script to level SMN skill. SE is just saying they are attacking since they can't outright say "players are running a script of some kind to level their SMN skills". I don't think I have ever come across this tbh. Where do they even do this? Maybe on Orbs?
Chigoes, wind weather in Grauberg S to get breeze geodes and garudites, and possibly staff trial credit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-20 15:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They're talking about AFKing in the bushes and killing Chigoes. There was a post bitching about it on the JP forums a while back.

That said:

[+]
By Artemicion 2012-04-20 15:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Really I don't see this as a real threat other than an excuse for people to be *** and tattle on people they don't know or hold some animosity towards. It's really no different than the whole environment exploitation used for some NMs. Sure, GMs can slap you on the wrist and tell you not to do it, but unless someone's there to be a *** and report you, it's utterly harmless.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-20 15:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eluveitie said: »
So basically theyre saying if i'm not there every second i can get banned? That's absurd seeing that alot when i'm on bst engage monster > damn gotta pee > leave <pet> fighting mob while i go > return <monster> is defeated but one linked and hit <pet> so it is now fighting that one.
You dirty abuser >(
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-04-20 15:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They cant change it due to refresh gear etc, the only thing they can do is change the auto counter which will mess up the mechanics of the job already known. They set themselves up for this they need to embrace it not cry about it and hold other people accountable. Do like you did with fish bots, add a higher level monster in the mix or a monster roamer to take care of such people. Holding people accountable for such a big companies mistake. It is just lazy (not saying standing afk with a avatar out is not lazy, but is there not bigger fish to fry than someone afk getting such a low cost item is it really worth it?
If you want to hold people accountable for leeching xp and items, WHAT DO YOU CALL ABYSSEA LEECHERS?? They sit afk and get higher priced items sorted to them for hours upon hours while others do the work. What is the difference if they sit alone with a avatar attacking something. Either look at the big picture and do something or find something better to do with your time like, I don't know A NEW EXPANSION? Am I wrong?
Instead of re-skinning monsters, and zones and just putting different stats on gear we already have. I suggest they do something soon.

Can only polish a turd until there is no more crap left to polish. Sooner or later you are going to have to poop out another one.
Just a litte outburst by your friend DPT have a nice day.
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2012-04-20 16:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Enuyasha said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »
All of us smns now must go to grauberg, have our avatars autoattack, while not being afk!
i do that alot...dang Chigoez!
HEY! Dang is an acceptable substitute :( anyway...if i was that guy id have fun just listening to my self talk :<

dang yo! well let good ole dang ole derfeh done assorate dis lil ole assituation right her... yo i happn to had dang ole frst galkan view of ems afkin smmuners & i gotta tells ya carby is one mean mofo !! cute and cuddleh too!!! dont belive meh? well dang i am derfeh and i saw one at the fan festers!!!!

[+]
 Valefor.Headache
Server: Valefor
user: headache
By Valefor.Headache 2012-04-20 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
Either look at the big picture and do something or find something better to do with your time like, I don't know A NEW EXPANSION? Am I wrong?

Or maybe some performance tweaks for PC.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-20 17:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been doing this for years. One of the easiest ways to pull/kill a no-comp NM was to leave an avatar out and just /heal AFK. I've seen people do it for Argus and Morlborger, though there's really no limit as long as the mob aggros. Not to mention this isn't some exclusive activity to Grauberg. I could just as easily farm BS/KS afking in kuftal in the middle of some crabs. The possibilities are endless.

They expressly designed the job this way and now they're saying "don't do it." I can see salvage bans were clearly exploiting an obvious error in the programming, but this is just how SMN was designed.

What difference does it make if you do absolutely nothing and let your pet autoattack while being at your client or while not being at your client? Zilcho.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-04-20 18:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It has come to our attention that the Job Trait "Treasure Hunter" is being used to obtain treasure otherwise difficult to obtain from certain Notorious Monsters. We would like players to please refrain from using this trait until otherwise instructed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-20 18:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eluveitie said: »
So basically theyre saying if i'm not there every second i can get banned? That's absurd seeing that alot when i'm on bst engage monster > damn gotta pee > leave <pet> fighting mob while i go > return <monster> is defeated but one linked and hit <pet> so it is now fighting that one.
You dirty abuser >(
Why does going WC for 30 sec make me an abuser. Better than going 'OMG OMG PLLLLZZZZZ DIE I GOTTA PEE!" Now on the note of Abyssea leeches that was brought up, if one guy afk in a zone noone else is in interferes with others gameplay, adress the fact that when I team up (on the rare occasion I do) I don't want my time wasted by a bunch of underskilled, 5/5 perale/aurore/teal players that don't have a chance in hell of beating <event name here>. That wastes my time therefore interferes with my gameplay.
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-04-20 18:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 Tanaka boosts SAM in the name of barancing this.
[+]
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2012-04-20 19:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing SE needs to do is change it so the chigoe's dont drop the garudite and breeze geodes so there wont be an issue with having to change anything on smn.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-04-20 19:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

this is stupid,even more,they are abusing the money we give em to play this game.You can do whatever you want basically,unless using 3rd party tools ofc.If they dont want players to do something in the game,they can just cancel it,or never maked from the start,its ridicoulus to say dont do something that is part of the game they self maked.
The only limit is be respectfull whit other players,and bots 3rd party ecc,which is cheating so against the rules,they cant tell you how to play,what to do,when you can be afk or not,i can log get in middle of mobs and get afk,having a pet out that kill doesnt go against anyone,because it's the game,any other could freely steal mobs off you whitout problems,since you are afk,and no onecan tell you where you can go afk and where not,its abusive,i pay fr this game,i can stay where the *** i want to stay,thats all
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-04-20 19:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arkista said: »
Only thing SE needs to do is change it so the chigoe's dont drop the garudite and breeze geodes so there wont be an issue with having to change anything on smn.

I can see the appeal of camping there like that. Between the geodes, garudites, and the stacks of lesser chigoes (used to make the Wool Grease for Dipper Yuly jugs) that's a lot of AFK gils.

That being said, SE really should alter the game instead of altering the expected playing habits. If they simply removed the chigoes in that zone or made them respawn much slower (or not drop the same items) I would think these same players would just do the same behaviour in TAU zones instead, however.

Increasing the mob levels (to DC- or EM-to-99 chigoes) would likely fix the problem.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-20 19:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I did this ages ago to get Morbogler item. SE really hates Summoners.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-04-20 19:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just think game is a business,and not just a game...
Making gils is a business for em,because you could sell em RMT.
When SE will start to think a game is basically to have fun,maybe they will learn how to make videogames,period.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-04-20 19:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i have to admit this is kinda sad. ive never personally seen this, but i can to a degree understand how it could possibly disrupt another player. but that being said- not a game altering disruption.

lets say in the event a player was seeking the fleas for a trial and someone was sitting afk with a pet out in their pop location. ok. first of all- when an avitar auto attacks a mob due to agro it doesnt turn red until a few hits have landed. giving any other players plenty of time to take claim over the mob.

the only mob in the game i have encountered where it instantly turns red in shikigami weapon. but thats basically the only method to pull that mob. and also the piece of gear it drops is sadly outdated and undesired now.

i do feel this is a desperate cry from someone who prob wants to do the same thing on another job and cannot.

and realistically speaking. there arent any mobs out there these days that drop any 1 item that is sooo expensive where this kind of scene needs to be made. and if it does give an expensive drop, its certainly not obtainable by an AFK summoner.

one possible issue could be involved with holding pop mobs but even that's a stretch.

i also find this amusing because as was stated, this has baan happening for years, but it only came into the spotlight after smn got a hugh update with the lowering of elemental perp. . . think its more of a jealousy thing then anything else
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2012-04-20 19:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

chigoes in graud dont actually drop lesser chigoes.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-04-20 19:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

also if this really becomes a problem with people going afk, im sure someone will just find a way to mpk them. and boom, problem solved
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-04-20 19:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »

LOL ok, so it's sadly even less of an issue than I thought, if that's the case.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-20 19:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they drop elemental stones, wind being the common weather there, which if thats the case u can make alot of gil being afk untill ur full.
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Server: Asura
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-04-20 19:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

I think they drop elemental stones, wind being the common weather there, which if thats the case u can make alot of gil being afk untill ur full.
and who has that much room anymore for this to even be viable?
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2012-04-20 20:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

I believe the chigoes in grauberg are too low to even drop garudites. So they only drop, chimera blood, crystals, breeze/thunder geodes. Also beasmen/kindred seals. Don't see how going afk, when people hardly come to the zone to even do the campaign battles, and are only there for trials, affects game play for other players. The summoner is in one patch of grass, taking up 2 chigoes. There are so many more chigoes in the area. Now, if there were 20 summoners standing around and there were no chigoes free for trials, that's one thing. But the fact that there is only 1 that i've seen doing this, I don't feel that it affects game play at all.
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-04-20 20:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lesser chigoes can only be obtain by the job ability Steal from a THF and not from Chigoes. Its stolen from mobs that spawn chigoes. That's why they are expensive because steal works about 1/5-6 of the times then its on a 5 minutes timer (I think).
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-20 20:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said: »
Lesser chigoes can only be obtain by the job ability Steal from a THF and not from Chigoes. Its stolen from mobs that spawn chigoes. That's why they are expensive because steal works about 1/5-6 of the times then its on a 5 minutes timer (I think).

They are also harvested in Grauberg S, i've seen smn do this before but never knew why.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-04-20 20:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

there is one aspect that i hadnt thought about. rmt's. and this is how it can/will effect the community. it allows them to have a 24/7 character accumulating wind geodes and other possible drops. so lets play with some numbers here

lets say that there is wind weather 75% of the time. and in an hour you can kill 50 fleas. and geodes drop 50% of the time. (very high estimate)so you could get 25 in an hour. now 18 hours a day at that rate is enough to cause an impact in the AH prices for the geodes. and it gives them the power to jack up the proces for those who buy them.

i think there is a very simple solution to this problem.
 Asura.Originalkord
Server: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2012-04-20 20:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I know this exists, and that I'm not allowed to do it, I kinda wanna do it while not afk, just to troll GM's when/if they show up to say hi.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-20 20:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No one cares about RMTs
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2012-04-20 20:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
there is one aspect that i hadnt thought about. rmt's. and this is how it can/will effect the community. it allows them to have a 24/7 character accumulating wind geodes and other possible drops. so lets play with some numbers here

lets say that there is wind weather 75% of the time. and in an hour you can kill 50 fleas. and geodes drop 50% of the time. (very high estimate)so you could get 25 in an hour. now 18 hours a day at that rate is enough to cause an impact in the AH prices for the geodes. and it gives them the power to jack up the proces for those who buy them.

i think there is a very simple solution to this problem.

geode/ites are on a 5 min timer per person like seals. so in an hour only 12 can drop max. which isnt likely. so 10 per hour at most.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7