First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2012-04-20 20:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
there is one aspect that i hadnt thought about. rmt's. and this is how it can/will effect the community. it allows them to have a 24/7 character accumulating wind geodes and other possible drops. so lets play with some numbers here

lets say that there is wind weather 75% of the time. and in an hour you can kill 50 fleas. and geodes drop 50% of the time. (very high estimate)so you could get 25 in an hour. now 18 hours a day at that rate is enough to cause an impact in the AH prices for the geodes. and it gives them the power to jack up the proces for those who buy them.

i think there is a very simple solution to this problem.
saying you get 25/hour is way too high. i did this while i was fixing my laptop yesterday. i was afk for four hours. i got 7 breeze geodes and 5 thunder geodes. and i haven't sold a single geode. i'm farming them for trials. also, to kill 50 chigoes in one hour, you'd have to be moving around. they don't respawn that fast. and i've seen days where half the day goes by and doesn't have any weather.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-04-20 20:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, good to know, i didnt know that seals/geodes were on a timer. ive personally never gotten them that frequently lol
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-04-20 20:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it was a high estimate . . . i didnt say it was a fact. sigh
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2012-04-20 21:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Balance... you keep on saying that word... but I dont think you know what it means...

With all the weak updates and SE tripping off of lame BS like this, i think im done with this game. Ill come back when something awesome actually happens, like whm getting reposga or nin finally gets some :ni for their :ichi's.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2012-04-20 21:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
They're talking about AFKing in the bushes and killing Chigoes. There was a post bitching about it on the JP forums a while back.

That said:

How do you solve a problem like Tanaka~?
[+]
 Phoenix.Rhealana
Server: Phoenix
user: Rhealana
By Phoenix.Rhealana 2012-04-20 21:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Apr. 20, 2012 12:50 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Earning gil while being AFK in Port Jeuno

Recently, we have confirmed an issue wherein players in Port Jeuno will leave their characters out while they’re AFK and let items be purchased from them using the bazaar system. Also, we have confirmed that these players have gained gil through this act.

Not only does this act upset the game balance, it may interrupt the game play of other players. Any players caught performing the act by a Game Master (GM) may see disciplinary action taken against their accounts. Therefore, we ask that you please refrain yourself from performing this act.

Please be advised that a GM may request assistance from you if they determine that your actions may be causing a disruption in the game balance. If you received instructions from a GM, we ask that you follow them immediately. If you do not follow the instructions, as stated previously, the GM will take action against your account.

If you encounter a player performing this act, please do not hesitate to report them to the Special Task Force via the URL listed below. The Special Task Force and the GMs will work together to investigate the matter accordingly.

?SQUARE ENIX Support Center <--do they not know who they are or something?
http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1
[Report to Special Task Force]

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-04-20 22:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"We will be removing Rolenmart from the game"

(if ur server has mart in rolen that is)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-04-20 22:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT SE treats a symptom, not the disease.

News at 10
[+]
By Latifah 2012-04-20 22:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

this reminds me when i used to do tiamat as bst with falcor, i got gmed because i was using /heel command when tia was flying to prevent my pet getting hit by the fireballs. the gm told me that is considered a exploit since tia cant move further form the fight area -_-
[+]
By nyheen 2012-04-20 22:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SO people can leech at lvl 30 in abyssea but something like this is a big problem? also
Phoenix.Rhealana said: »
Apr. 20, 2012 12:50 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Earning gil while being AFK in Port Jeuno

Recently, we have confirmed an issue wherein players in Port Jeuno will leave their characters out while they’re AFK and let items be purchased from them using the bazaar system. Also, we have confirmed that these players have gained gil through this act.

Not only does this act upset the game balance, it may interrupt the game play of other players. Any players caught performing the act by a Game Master (GM) may see disciplinary action taken against their accounts. Therefore, we ask that you please refrain yourself from performing this act.

Please be advised that a GM may request assistance from you if they determine that your actions may be causing a disruption in the game balance. If you received instructions from a GM, we ask that you follow them immediately. If you do not follow the instructions, as stated previously, the GM will take action against your account.

If you encounter a player performing this act, please do not hesitate to report them to the Special Task Force via the URL listed below. The Special Task Force and the GMs will work together to investigate the matter accordingly.

?SQUARE ENIX Support Center <--do they not know who they are or something?
http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1
[Report to Special Task Force]

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter

this just made my day LMAO
By Machao 2012-04-20 23:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So we cant go AFK with an avatar out now? is that what SE trying to say?
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-04-20 23:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's pretty obvious that's not what they're saying. they're saying if you're not there but you set up your character to farm chigoes then someone can report you.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-04-20 23:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
no it's obvious not what they're saying. they're saying if you're not there but you set up your character to farm chigoes then someone can report you

Chigoe AFK farming is wrong mmmkay
SMN burns are legit
[+]
 Odin.Frescora
Server: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2012-04-20 23:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll get a reply bot. Like in the movies that are hooked up to the phones or intercoms. it'll repeat itself, but how often do you call back over and over to know that it is only a recording? "Hello" "If I were afk, how could I respond to you?" "Have a nice day" It'll work like a charm.
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-20 23:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eluveitie said: »
Carbuncle.Enuyasha said: »
So basically theyre saying if i'm not there every second i can get banned? That's absurd seeing that alot when i'm on bst engage monster > damn gotta pee > leave <pet> fighting mob while i go > return <monster> is defeated but one linked and hit <pet> so it is now fighting that one.
You dirty abuser >(
Why does going WC for 30 sec make me an abuser. Better than going 'OMG OMG PLLLLZZZZZ DIE I GOTTA PEE!" Now on the note of Abyssea leeches that was brought up, if one guy afk in a zone noone else is in interferes with others gameplay, adress the fact that when I team up (on the rare occasion I do) I don't want my time wasted by a bunch of underskilled, 5/5 perale/aurore/teal players that don't have a chance in hell of beating <event name here>. That wastes my time therefore interferes with my gameplay.
I should've put a disclamer that my jokes are terribad and someone might take offence to them, sorry :|
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-04-20 23:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Frescora said: »
I'll get a reply bot. Like in the movies that are hooked up to the phones or intercoms. it'll repeat itself, but how often do you call back over and over to know that it is only a recording? "Hello" "If I were afk, how could I respond to you?" "Have a nice day" It'll work like a charm.

I dunno, based on the wording I think they'll be more cunning. Since they said you need to immediately comply with GM instructions I'd imagine GMs will say something like, "[player] please respond to me with the words [words]" and await you repeating whatever they say. That's how I'd do it anyway.

That being said this is silly. I can't imagine more than 1% of the game population cares at all. The only disruption this might cause would be killing x number of vermin during wind weather trials. I'd imagine there are some of those, but I can't think of any.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-21 00:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I see a Dev tag:
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-04-21 00:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Frescora said: »

chattycathy already exists man
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2012-04-21 00:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I see broken with this system is the fact that SMN's can just stand there and claim Ironclads when they pop before anyone else can even target them. I've seen that way too many times in Abyssea and the SMN was afk for like 5-10 minutes after the IC was claimed.
By Chyula 2012-04-21 00:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming Chigoe without TH is some hot gil!, I wonder how long you can afk before your pet die.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-04-21 00:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
no it's obvious not what they're saying. they're saying if you're not there but you set up your character to farm chigoes then someone can report you

Chigoe AFK farming is wrong mmmkay
SMN burns are legit
I'm not rationalizing their position, I'm just saying their position is very clear.

The hell if I can figure out the reasoning behind half their decisions.
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-21 01:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically theyre saying if i'm not there every second i can get banned? That's absurd seeing that alot when i'm on bst engage monster > damn gotta pee > leave <pet> fighting mob while i go > return <monster> is defeated but one linked and hit <pet> so it is now fighting that one.
You dirty abuser >(
Why does going WC for 30 sec make me an abuser. Better than going 'OMG OMG PLLLLZZZZZ DIE I GOTTA PEE!" Now on the note of Abyssea leeches that was brought up, if one guy afk in a zone noone else is in interferes with others gameplay, adress the fact that when I team up (on the rare occasion I do) I don't want my time wasted by a bunch of underskilled, 5/5 perale/aurore/teal players that don't have a chance in hell of beating <event name here>. That wastes my time therefore interferes with my gameplay.
I should've put a disclamer that my jokes are terribad and someone might take offence to them, sorry :|
XD
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-04-21 01:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this really a major issue?, who complained about this? >_>
By Jetackuu 2012-04-21 01:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so it's official SE hates anything SMN does to be a decent job.

SE: balance = *** SMN.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-04-21 01:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
this reminds me when i used to do tiamat as bst with falcor, i got gmed because i was using /heel command when tia was flying to prevent my pet getting hit by the fireballs. the gm told me that is considered a exploit since tia cant move further form the fight area -_-

that's even dumber than this
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-21 01:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

This is *** funny, this constantly happens to bst but one thing happens to smn and ppl rage. I dont know how being able to farm/attk mobs afk makes smn a decent job or fair in any way.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-21 03:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1.) Go in Nyzul on SMN
Step 2.) Clip through wall into the blocked off portion
Step 3.) AFK with pet out
Step 4.) ???
By Jetackuu 2012-04-21 03:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Jetackuu said: »

This is *** funny, this constantly happens to bst but one thing happens to smn and ppl rage. I dont know how being able to farm/attk mobs afk makes smn a decent job or fair in any way.

I have played both enough to easily say for the most part (at least for soloing) BST>SMN so get off your horse.

SE constantly shits on SMN and is afraid of giving it any sort of power.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-04-21 03:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys remember back in the day when BP:Rage/Ward was just BP, and you had to deal with it. Smn has gotten shortsticked on a bunch of stuff, so next to Bst I'd say they can complain about a few things.

If afking in Grauberg is that serious of an issue just do what they did with fishing and add wandering aggressive mobs or something.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-04-21 03:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Step 1.) Go in Nyzul on SMN
Step 2.) Clip through wall into the blocked off portion
Step 3.) AFK with pet out
Step 4.) ???
and then?~???!?!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7