Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-18 15:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
yah ok mr hot shot

next youll be telling me i need DAGGERS to play dancer lol

i liek 2 hit things with my hands and fan danc up k? its gr8 because nothing hurts me when i do things with my friends

Shiva's claws have paralyze so they must be good!
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-18 15:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Sad thing is... I've been hunting a buckler for like 5 months. One sold a couple of weeks ago and I guess I missed it idk how. I'm highly pissed about it lol
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
Server: Phoenix
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2012-04-18 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, guess I better Dig out my Relic pants and start the upgrade process on them. Now issue is do I want to get 50 Journeys or get the +1 then only need 30 of them. Guess depends on running price on Phoenix in Bazaars.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-18 17:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 them, then buy the journeys. Much cheaper.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-04-18 17:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
DNC is still not an effective main healer. It still won't be, even with with the "new" Fan Dance up.
And this is why my DNC is still at 75 :I
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 17:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
+1 them, then buy the journeys. Much cheaper.

It's still cheaper to go +1 --> +2, but on Bismarck journeys go for 15-18k, so it's pretty cheap to just buy all 50.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-18 17:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

PvP DNC just got a huge boost with this update as I mentioned in the other thread, this will open up some great gear/merit combinations to really up our PvP game.

Having 5/5 Fan Dance already gives us the advantage of having 25% PDT (minimum) with Relic +2 hands with the addition of 7 Accuracy and 10 Evasion. The key of course being that you disable your opponents ability to dispel your fan dance.

Now one of the reasons I had been riding 5/5 on FD for PvP was the recast timer, with that out of the way we have more open options for other merits to PvP with, i.e. Closed Position. With 4/5 in CP (still keeping one for FD post-update) you will have a total of 19 Accuracy and 22 Evasion on your feet slot when facing your opponent (7 and 10 when not which is pretty good still for that slot!) and uhm... woo store TP?

Adding to the FD 5/5 tactics you will have better recast timers which I hope are fairly significant. Having usable Healing Waltz would make erasing a lot of debuffs in PvP so much nicer as opposed to feeling as though you have crippled yourself for the benefit of taking a bio or silence off.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-18 17:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but I'd rather fall upon a rusty rake than do PvP in FFXI.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-04-18 17:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO it's "cheaper" to go the 50 forgotten route. The comparison is ~30 currency (~200k + other item for upgrade) to 20 forgotten items (~300k), but you have to wait for the upgrade and can only upgrade 1 piece at a time. To me, <100k is easily worth getting the piece sooner.

Question for you pro dancers: If I use my DNC specifically for solo dyna and nothing else. Should I still 5/5 saber? Currently I do not use saber in dyna, and I do use fan dance when I pull 4+ mobs. If it matters, I'm well geared and have Twashtar(90). I usually get ~200 single pieces per solo run.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-18 20:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
PvP DNC just got a huge boost with this update as I mentioned in the other thread, this will open up some great gear/merit combinations to really up our PvP game.

Having 5/5 Fan Dance already gives us the advantage of having 25% PDT (minimum) with Relic +2 hands with the addition of 7 Accuracy and 10 Evasion. The key of course being that you disable your opponents ability to dispel your fan dance.

Now one of the reasons I had been riding 5/5 on FD for PvP was the recast timer, with that out of the way we have more open options for other merits to PvP with, i.e. Closed Position. With 4/5 in CP (still keeping one for FD post-update) you will have a total of 19 Accuracy and 22 Evasion on your feet slot when facing your opponent (7 and 10 when not which is pretty good still for that slot!) and uhm... woo store TP?

Adding to the FD 5/5 tactics you will have better recast timers which I hope are fairly significant. Having usable Healing Waltz would make erasing a lot of debuffs in PvP so much nicer as opposed to feeling as though you have crippled yourself for the benefit of taking a bio or silence off.

The problem with fan dance is that the PDT decreases for every hit you take, making any dualwielding job or h2h pretty deadly against you. It's pretty amazing for pvp vs 2handers though..

When I went against Midknight's war and pld I had haste and march (dusk and I decided to surprise him), regular tp gear and 5/5 saber, completely devastated him. It's pretty fun to watch them panic when you are swinging so incredibly fast XD

We do teams, 1v1, and all that jazz, it's pretty fun when you have the right people
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-04-18 20:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
IMO it's "cheaper" to go the 50 forgotten route. The comparison is ~30 currency (~200k + other item for upgrade) to 20 forgotten items (~300k), but you have to wait for the upgrade and can only upgrade 1 piece at a time. To me, <100k is easily worth getting the piece sooner.

Question for you pro dancers: If I use my DNC specifically for solo dyna and nothing else. Should I still 5/5 saber? Currently I do not use saber in dyna, and I do use fan dance when I pull 4+ mobs. If it matters, I'm well geared and have Twashtar(90). I usually get ~200 single pieces per solo run.

Also have to factor in going after the -1 will also end up losing you gil because you'll be in shitty tav instead of amazing other zones.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 20:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I more-or-less fulltime saber, even on solo DNC in dynamis.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 20:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I more-or-less fulltime saber, even on solo DNC in dynamis.
I'm assuming you do DC even if solo. SO you don't have 3-4 links like most people.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 20:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If I have 3-4 EP mobs none of them live long enough to kill me.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-04-18 20:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be a lucky procer lol.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-04-18 20:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
You must be a lucky procer lol.
Are you implying that 4 EP mobs are difficult? /confused
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-04-18 20:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a supporting role, you should have Haste Samba up. In other words, waltz recast tied to Fan Dance is more or less completely worthless.

The fact that Fan Dance increases your enmity is just insult to injury on the worthlessness of the upgrade, except for niche solos.

DNC is still not an effective main healer. It still won't be, even with with the "new" Fan Dance up.

The only difference this update will make is that the average DNC is going to get even worse.

If I could downrate your comment I'd do it 100 times. You are obviously not a DNC enthusiast. Gtfo lol

I'm stoked about this. I'm a 5/5 Fan Dance DNC and this update makes me a happy camper. lol Waltz recasts can never be too fast.

Samba duration atm as DNC main with samba increase duration equipment is more then long enough.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-18 20:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-04-18 20:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
If you're in a supporting role, you should have Haste Samba up. In other words, waltz recast tied to Fan Dance is more or less completely worthless.

The fact that Fan Dance increases your enmity is just insult to injury on the worthlessness of the upgrade, except for niche solos.

The only difference this update will make is that the average DNC is going to get even worse.

If I could downrate your comment I'd do it 100 times. You are obviously not a DNC enthusiast. Gtfo lol

I'm stoked about this. I'm a 5/5 Fan Dance DNC and this update makes me a happy camper. lol Waltz recasts can never be fast enough.

Samba duration atm as DNC main with samba increase duration equipment is more then long enough.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 21:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm stoked about this. I'm a 5/5 Fan Dance DNC and this update makes me a happy camper. lol Waltz recasts can never be too fast.

You're right, I know nothing about DNC.

Anyway, thanks for proving my point.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-18 21:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahahaha
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 21:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been accused of a lot of things, but I think this is the first time I've ever been accused of not being a DNC enthusiast.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-04-18 21:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that guy just read what you said the wrong way, seems he just saw you say completely worthless and then went on a rant.

If you are in a support role where you are helping with curing while doing some DD you definitely should not need FD up, especially not full time. Not having your samba up will not only hurt you but everyone else in your party will lose out too. If you are in a situation where you need FD up because you are taking too much hate from curing you need a better tank, and if you are in a situation where your waltz timers are causing you to not meet your quota of cures then you probably need a real healing job in your spot.

There is a lot of wiggle room with dancer for how we use our skills in -some- situations. For example I fulltime evasion gear and fan dance when I am acting as "The Proctologist" with a party in dynamis, but then the ONLY thing I do is procs. When it comes to PvE though in a support or straight DD role I really would not change a thing that Sylow or Byrth have said in any of their posts in the other dancer threads, it is plain and simple the best way to do that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-18 21:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-04-18 22:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
"The Proctologist" with a party in dynamis

That was legit!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-18 22:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I now have this mental image of Lilli... "examining" Dynamis NMs. With daggers.

[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-04-18 22:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I have a dark sense of humor like that D:
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-18 22:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly...how much would i lose with keeping 1 merit in fan :<

but i LOVE this amazing increase to Haste Samba+Saber Dance...im going to castrate any mob thats in front of my daggers :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 22:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always good to have one merit in fan. Even now, with 5 min recast, oh ***moments DO happen. But they tend to be spaced more than 5 mins apart.

For those of you using Fan Dance vs. 899 mobs attacking you, it's going to deplete quickly to 20% with a lot of mobs attacking you. You would have been better off with a PDT set and a Samba up to kill them faster.
[+]