By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-18 10:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

04-18-2012 04:50 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1113] Job Adjustments: Dancer

• Saber Dance

• Recast time reduced from five minutes to three.
    • Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead increase the effect duration of sambas.

• Fan Dance

• Recast time reduced from five minutes to three.
    • Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead reduce waltz recast times.

Subscribe

Other Job Adjustments:
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-04-18 11:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

NVM! i actually read it
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 11:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more like, being at a bar, trying to go home with one really hot person all night, but finally settling and banging the 5.0 who has been trying to buy you drinks all night.
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-04-18 11:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

O.O;;

why can't I have 20 points for Rank 2 Merits on DNC ; ;
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-04-18 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this justify only putting in one merit in Saber Dance and 5/5 Fan Dance now? I personally don't really see sambas wearing off too quickly at all. I guess it depends on the extension of the duration, but I feel that waltz recast is much much more important.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 11:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this justify only putting in one merit in Saber Dance and 5/5 Fan Dance now? I personally don't really see sambas wearing off too quickly at all. I guess it depends on the extension of the duration, but I feel that waltz recast is much much more important.

No.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Etoile_Tights_%2B2
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2012-04-18 11:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

personally, that is how I feel too, I'm sure people will disagree though.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 11:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a supporting role, you should have Haste Samba up. In other words, waltz recast tied to Fan Dance is more or less completely worthless.

The fact that Fan Dance increases your enmity is just insult to injury on the worthlessness of the upgrade, except for niche solos.

DNC is still not an effective main healer. It still won't be, even with with the "new" Fan Dance up.

The only difference this update will make is that the average DNC is going to get even worse.
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-04-18 12:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No not really. Waltz recast on fan dance is only going to help when soloing and even then not so much aside from erasing multiple status effects quicker. Curing Waltz 3 already has pretty low recast and very tp efficient. If any thing this would open up merits for closed position if you don't care about samba duration.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 12:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »
No not really. Waltz recast on fan dance is only going to help when soloing and even then not so much aside from erasing multiple status effects quicker. Curing Waltz 3 already has pretty low recast and very tp efficient. If any thing this would open up merits for closed position if you don't care about samba duration.

Not really.

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-18 12:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Sylow
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 12:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr Improved Samba Duration is just icing on the cake for why 5/5 Saber Dance is still the best.
[+]
By mortontony1 2012-04-18 12:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not trying to argue with you Sylow, but wouldn't you only really need to merit it up to three minutes for maximum effectiveness? With a recast of 3 minutes having it last 3.5 minutes would be a waste, correct? Or am I viewing this completely backwards?

Edit: Or does (with the Etoile pants) the extra 5% beat out any other merit options we have?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 12:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »

Edit: Or does (with the Etoile pants) the extra 5% beat out any other merit options we have?

Yes.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-04-18 12:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Not trying to argue with you Sylow, but wouldn't you only really need to merit it up to three minutes for maximum effectiveness? With a recast of 3 minutes having it last 3.5 minutes would be a waste, correct? Or am I viewing this completely backwards?

It's not about the time, its about the 1% DA per merit level when wearing Etoile Tights +2. That is an additional 5% DA with the augmented legs and 5/5 saber dance. The icing on the cake, as Sylow pointed out, is having the extended samba duration.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 12:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Increased samba duration means less JA delay (more DoT) and less TP spent (more WS --> more DoT), so it's just a slight bonus.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-18 12:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh :o you mean dancer can actually go above level 49? *runs*

Dun hurt me!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-18 12:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

...why SE! They could have added a new job ability to reduce waltz casting times, and added an evasion bonus to fan dance with extra merits!

I mean there were other ways to go about it!

blah!
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-04-18 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phetty said: »

Not really.

Forgot about that actually. Forget I mentioned closed position it remains completely useless still.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-18 12:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are my DNC adjustments?

02-16-2012 05:54 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1069] Job Adjustments: Dancer

• Job ability adjustments

• Saber Dance
      • Minimum Double attack rate increased from 25% to 50%
      • Added an attack bonus of 5% per merit while the effects persist
      • Dancers will no longer be subject to the effects of enemy attacks while Saber Dance is active

Subscribe

There they are!
Don't mind me. I'm just a little salty that there haven't been any DNC adjustments for a while.

...although with the haphazard way they wield that nerf bat, maybe I should consider us lucky.
<.< >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 12:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

<.>
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-04-18 14:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a supporting role, you should have Haste Samba up. In other words, waltz recast tied to Fan Dance is more or less completely worthless.

Fan Dance is hardly EVER used in support situations (exception being oshit moments), I'm not suggesting this.

I entirely forgot about those pants being merit based. Thanks for correcting me.

As far as the merits go, the new update does more for a soloing Dancer than one in a supporting role (excluding pants altogether).
The additional couple of seconds of attacking is nice of course, it's just that when you're in a situation where you need Fan Dance, the waltz recast helps you a lot more.

But I agree, 5/5 Saber Dance is still the way to go.

Edit: I don't think I put it the right way:
Essentially, the waltz recast bonus is a better update for Fan Dance than the samba duration for Saber Dance, it's just that most likely you're using Saber Dance so Fan Dance is still not worth meriting.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 14:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There are very few situations where fan dance would save you that a PDT set wouldn't.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-04-18 14:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

90% is a luxury, anyway.
 Shiva.Keyera
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-04-18 14:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There are very few situations where fan dance would save you that a PDT set wouldn't.

One situation being for those of us that aren't dedicated Dancers. I, for one, am still struggling to work with the optimization of other jobs to worry about a PDT set for DNC.

I guess that goes along with the average dancers being worse?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 14:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of a DNC PDT set works for multiple jobs. 2 Dark rings and you're already halfway to a depleted fan dance.

You should have a PDT set for pretty much any job, and a lot of the gear is shared.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-18 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yah ok mr hot shot

next youll be telling me i need DAGGERS to play dancer lol

i liek 2 hit things with my hands and fan danc up k? its gr8 because nothing hurts me when i do things with my friends
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-04-18 15:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Joyeuse + airy buckler
/thread
First Page 2 3