First Page 2 3 4 5
 Siren.Necromage
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Necromage
By Siren.Necromage 2012-04-06 14:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Anniel said: »
For the person who asked for a SCH spellcast...

http://pastebin.com/3JfUAFZm

Lots of thanks to PhoenixMazarou for tweaking and fixing and keeping up with that xml for me :3 I'm sure there might be better .xmls out there but I'm pretty happy with the way it works :3 So I hope it's useful for anybody who needs one. And in the case somebody uses it, it would be cool if you'd let me know anything you'd change / fix to make it better :)

perfect, thanks!
 Phoenix.Anniel
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-06 14:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said: »
Other then healing you have to think about the Dark arts side of SCH. Some set i put together to one day have.
Nuke:

Helix:

The staff is cuz its kool
Idle:

7/tick
Then you have your enf,ench,dark,sublimation. I dont have sets on ffxiah.

Where the novio earring!

And for Helix... wouldn't Nares clogs be better?

I would think that Magic Accuracy+7 and Magic Attack Bonus+7 > Int +12 Macc -4
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-06 14:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's a given, for the most part, that these sets are reasonable goals. They're optimized sets.
By Latifah 2012-04-06 14:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but there is peple here asking for current gear help
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-06 14:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Then they should examine the sets, understand the parameters, and use their own critical thinking process to infer what's best for them. If they have a question, ask, and more than likely it'll be answered.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-06 14:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that person already posted Nares Hands / Hat on his sets so I would think if he's taking that into account, should take feet into account too!

Idk if it'd be the *best* but for Helix Id go for a set that looks like this:

> totally edited to what's currently available for me right now (not optimal set etc):x

Also, not to bring up Nyzul conversation again, but it's really *not* that bad to do 100 without clipper... you just need to be in your A game, and if it's slow and you can't make it you can always aim for floor 80, sure it's 25 runs but it's not *terribly* hard... I really would like to encourage people to try for it, either you aim for 80 / 100 it doesn't matter :3 Have a positive attitude!

Edit:

Also, if you want help with gear, it would be cool if you posted what's currently available for you and people would give you advise based on that. But posting best sets also helps on setting new goals in game etc, so it's not bad either :3 just my 2 cents.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-06 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're able to stay positive finishing one piece of armor in the time it could take to finish every set twice.. More power to you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-06 14:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, some people had shitty luck with drops in VW or anything else... if you aim for floor 80 25 times, you know you will get a piece from Nyzul Fl 100 for sure. So it's not that terrible. Also, you do *not* need clipper to get to floor 100, my group did it... and I'm sure other groups have gotten it. And like I said once before, the secret is good communication (Skype, vent, mumble, w/e). Having powder boots / hermes sandals / red legs helps, too.
You can start by giving 100 a few tries... start working as a team and get the Nyzul practice back. If you don't get 100 or are nowhere near, should aim for 80. And fl 80 gear is pretty damn good too so while you aim for 100 pieces (if you choose to stop at 80), you'd still the +3, which are good and will help you hold off til you get better.

PS: Am I the only one that remembers what it was like to be in waiting lists for relic gear? 1 year wait for Wyrm Armet because it would never drop in my LS? Or doing Sky twice a week for *hours* just so I could get a silly Kirin's Osode? Or doing Limbus again and again for weeks in hope of Homam legs and you'd always get a freaking Zucchetto? Just silly stuff like that ._.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-04-06 14:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah (and all related accounts) topicbanned; posts deleted. Carry on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-06 17:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I miss a radical change in Helix mechanics? Their low base damage heavily favors INT, or did the last time I looked at them. ombre tathlum, a second INT+7 ring, INT+12 feet... and a belt that actually does something for Helices would be good too.
By Yamoto 2012-04-06 18:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Did I miss a radical change in Helix mechanics? Their low base damage heavily favors INT, or did the last time I looked at them. ombre tathlum, a second INT+7 ring, INT+12 feet... and a belt that actually does something for Helices would be good too.

Assuming I didn't miss anything crucial, according to my math based on target INT of 50 (random number I pulled out my @$$), this would be the optimal set for helices, using appropriate ToM Damage+6 staff:

Helices are more dependent on INT, but balancing out INT and MAB will be your best bet.
 Phoenix.Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-06 19:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I see! I always just liked using more mab gear :x but that being said Ill just stick to Cognition Belt / Rubeus Spats for now then! Everything else will prob just stay the same way tho :x

Edited upper post then!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-06 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yamoto said: »

Assuming I didn't miss anything crucial, according to my math based on target INT of 50 (random number I pulled out my @$$), this would be the optimal set for helices, using appropriate ToM Damage+6 staff:

Helices are more dependent on INT, but balancing out INT and MAB will be your best bet.
Much more in line with what I was thinking, thanks for the set! That enemy INT value is extremely low though and may be affecting certain slot choices because dINT is unusually high. Capped with that set and target, actually, which potentially opens an entirely different can of worms but not necessarily one worth addressing unless you're a Taru with INT merits. Anyway, Galdr over a second Icesoul but Moepapa Pendant over stoicheion medal or saevus pendant? The two choices are contradictory. Does any of this vary depending on Dark Arts up/down? Granted those are the only immediate inconsistencies I see right off hand, though my knowledge of SCH's exact gearing options is somewhat limited.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-07 01:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm in an area that has fixed weather, I typically storm/helix based on the day, making Zodiac Ring a solid choice(assuming the % is calculated lastish in the formula).
By Yamoto 2012-04-07 01:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Much more in line with what I was thinking, thanks for the set! That enemy INT value is extremely low though and may be affecting certain slot choices because dINT is unusually high. Capped with that set and target, actually, which potentially opens an entirely different can of worms but not necessarily one worth addressing unless you're a Taru with INT merits. Anyway, Galdr over a second Icesoul but Moepapa Pendant over stoicheion medal or saevus pendant? The two choices are contradictory. Does any of this vary depending on Dark Arts up/down? Granted those are the only immediate inconsistencies I see right off hand, though my knowledge of SCH's exact gearing options is somewhat limited.

It is a low value for enemy INT but it really doesn't make THAT much difference to the sets. Galdr is 6INT 1MAB vs Icesoul which is 7INT, you're losing 1 INT and gaining 1 MAB. Let's estimate 300 damage helix (I think my numbers came to like 350 something but I didn't save the spreadsheet so I forget the exact number), losing 1 INT is losing 1 base damage, which is losing 1.48 damage before MAB.

Going from 40 MAB to 41 MAB is only a .7% increase in damage, but after the 1.48 base damage reduction from losing 1 INT, you are gaining .31 final damage using Galdr instead of 2x Icesoul. Minimal increase, but an increase still.

As for the neck slot, you are correct. I didn't even think about using those. For that set (and on 50INT target), stoicheion medal or anything else over 8MAB will be better. Stoiecheion provides a 1.4 total damage increase over Moepapa. Saevus is 3.7 damage increase.
By Yamoto 2012-04-07 01:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Unless I'm in an area that has fixed weather, I typically storm/helix based on the day, making Zodiac Ring a solid choice(assuming the % is calculated lastish in the formula).

Zodiac changes day bonus from 1.1 to 1.13 calculated after Affinity/Staff and before MAB. However, sacrificing Galdr for Zodiac you lose 6.7 damage. If instead you sacrifice Icesoul you lose 15.6 damage. So you're better off using Icesoul+Galdr over Either+Zodiac. You're better off using Hailstorm+Cryohelix for the extra INT provided from Stormsurge. If specifically resistant to ice or if it's Lightning Day, I use Thunderstorm+Ionohelix. If the current zone weather matches the day, I'll double up the weather and use appropriate helix then.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-07 02:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point. I always seem to forget about Stormsurge.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-13 19:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said: »
Other then healing you have to think about the Dark arts side of SCH. Some set i put together to one day have.
Nuke:

Helix:

The staff is cuz its kool
Idle:

7/tick
Then you have your enf,ench,dark,sublimation. I dont have sets on ffxiah.
oh god

Please sell any gear you own that has nothing on it but +MP.
By Yamoto 2012-05-14 02:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Would anything new improve on this set I made,
for scholar ebullience thunder nukes?
(Legs are INT+6 MAB+4 with augment)

*edit nvm I see a couple similar sets here, cheers

Replace pants with Valkyrie's Trews augmented with MAB+4 giving a total of +9 MAB and you're set.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 02:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace pants with Valkyrie's Trews augmented with MAB+4 giving a total of +9 MAB and you're set.

You realize he's talkin sch right?
By Yamoto 2012-05-14 02:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

You realize he's talkin sch right?

Of....course.............*goes back to hiding under a rock*

Totally didn't realize SCH couldn't wear those...disregard >.<
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-06-01 20:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why AF3+2 hands for Helices? I tried out about 10 casts with each on some random EP mob in Grauberg(Wivre). Ionohelix(no weather/day bonus) with +2 hands did about 413 average, with Nares it did 443.