SCH Optimal Gear Sets
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-28 21:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments are unknown, can only mine the complete table of possible augments as opposed to what's available on any specific piece. Requires an item that presumably comes from the final chamber of Legion iirc.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-03-28 21:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yamoto said: »
Yay I did something right! So question, the new Iaso stuff can be augmented? Where did you see this and what augments? Any clue where they come from yet? I'm going to venture into saying synergy? :/

the abjs are from new VW. As for the hexed gears for them, i'd say crafted with 110 skill or so.
By Yamoto 2012-03-28 21:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Augments are unknown, can only mine the complete table of possible augments as opposed to what's available on any specific piece. Requires an item that presumably comes from the final chamber of Legion iirc.

Where might I find this list of augments?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-28 22:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an old post on BG that had the list on it (interesting seeing some of it come to fruition in retrospect - JA augments on AF2+2 for instance), from back when FoV augments first came out. I'll try and find it again.
By Yamoto 2012-03-28 22:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
There's an old post on BG that had the list on it (interesting seeing some of it come to fruition in retrospect - JA augments on AF2+2 for instance), from back when FoV augments first came out. I'll try and find it again.

Oh so it was a list of ALL possible augments on anything period? Nevermind then, that's just...crazy. Lol. By the way, why you always ignore me when I wave to you Night? D:
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-28 22:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, every possible augment. Sorry if that wasn't clear. If you ever want to see it, open up ROM/220/58.dat in POLUtils.

I don't remember seeing you wave recently, so I was probably afk. If it was outside the Windurst moghouse then I was definitely afk, I don't hang around towns much.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-31 11:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For rapture down.
rapture up: switch Af3+2 head/nares legs/augur's hands
Thoughts?

Edit: I'm discounting -enmity as a useful stat. I will be doing testing within the next few days to pin down exact effect of AF3+2 body(I just recently got back into sch and haven't really played it since 75), but from testimonials, it seems to have a relatively high chance of wiping hate. If this is actually the case, you simply cast all your nonstat dependant spells in af3+2. Between -nas, hastes, regen, storms, (even could spam cure 1 randomly) you should be wiping hate every minute at the most.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-31 12:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »

For rapture down. Use bismark neck or flyga+1 if +1 body or NQ head.

rapture up: switch Af3+2 head/above necks/Isao shoes (I think af2+2 are better than NQs)

Ammo, i'm not sure on. either fast cast ammo or the new mnd+3. Grip might be better as an enmity- piece. Thoughts?
that set has 61% cure potency, wouldnt it be wise to drop the legs/hands for some haste?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-31 12:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I cant even do basic math. Time to rework it!
 Siren.Necromage
Server: Siren
user: Necromage
By Siren.Necromage 2012-03-31 12:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does someone have a relatively basic spellcast that includes precast sets for cure and nuking etc? I'm an amateur at setting it up so I can't get very far on my own..
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-31 12:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed original set. Is there some cap in the new cure equation for healing skill? I wouldn't think so but if it does Nares might remain better. I'm going to be stupid and post this before looking cause I'm a jerk :/
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-31 13:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Better to keep in relic head +2 to that set, the recast bonus on it is simply not worth giving up
 Fenrir.Aleste
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-03-31 13:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no cap on healing magic skill from what we previously observed pre-adjustment.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-31 13:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Better to keep in relic head +2 to that set, the recast bonus on it is simply not worth giving up
I agree af2+2 for precast, for endcast I dont see how it beats making the cures notably stronger:

If all you did was spam cure4 as soon as recast was up, af2+2 would be a 10% increase in cures. As soon as you aren't casting the second recast is up it adds less bonus to ammount cured, becoming no bonus after about .8 seconds. Unless you are chain casting cure3 and 4 and know who you need to cure, you likely aren't seeing returns from the recast. And in a situation where you need to spam cures that much, I would probably argue for a rapture or accession cure (both which to my knowledge wouldn't use af2+2 head).
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-31 14:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I agree af2+2 for precast, for endcast I dont see how it beats making the cures notably stronger:

If all you did was spam cure4 as soon as recast was up, af2+2 would be a 10% increase in cures. As soon as you aren't casting the second recast is up it adds less bonus to ammount cured, becoming no bonus after about .8 seconds. Unless you are chain casting cure3 and 4 and know who you need to cure, you likely aren't seeing returns from the recast. And in a situation where you need to spam cures that much, I would probably argue for a rapture or accession cure (both which to my knowledge wouldn't use af2+2 head).

Because it lets you recast 4 instantly if you're set up correctly for it. Tossing them out faster for slightly less HP beats tossing them out slower for slightly more HP.

At least IMO anyways
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-31 14:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sawtelle's logic is sound. Unless you need to consistently cure the moment JA delay ends, it's not worthwhile. It's not impossible, but it's hardly the norm and as such the default option should be a curepot hat.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-31 15:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Without access to Curagas on /RDM if you're main healing, its no always wise to bog down your recast timer with Accession and worth casting at the end of the JA timer.

Its a better position to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

How much of a difference is 3 MND and 10 skill now anyways?

EDIT: I suppose there's more than just 3 MND and Skill when you factor in the lost of other pieces. What's the new formula again?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-31 15:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

1skill=2mnd=4vit via the whm thread
 Fenrir.Aleste
user: Aleste
By Fenrir.Aleste 2012-03-31 15:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the new formula, 3 MND will give you between +1 and +2 power (it floors); 10 skill however will give you 10 power.

Its easiest to just to look at the graph and guess it, however you're looking for specific numbers, then here is the spreadsheet we used when the formula was being dissected.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvH-8hDeWGVldEtyUnNHbDRCZURhT3ctMWEzemcxeWc

It's under the 'formula numbers' tab. I have a spreadsheet somewhere that calculates it automatically for base stats if that'd be handier.

EDIT:// forgot [/img]
By Yamoto 2012-04-04 22:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a question: how do the Relic+2 hands with the augment and 5/5 Tranquility hold up in a curing set? According to BGwiki, Aurorastorm + 5/5 Tranquility + AF2+2+aug hands gives an obi like effect. So would these be a viable piece for healing, freeing up the waist slot for something providing more power? The hands themselves already have 12 power + 10% potency when stacked with tranquility. Thoughts?
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-04-04 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried pulling out the old SCH, used to play it a lot for linkshell events before Abyssea and then it went away for a while after those all broke, coming out once per level cap to xp it. I'm having a really hard time managing my inventory space. How is the average SCH's inventory looking? I was fully geared at 75 and have only added a few new things I've picked up for BLM and my AF3, but I'm pushing 80/80 with a few extra situational pieces stuck in my satchel. Just curious how you all do it, I thought BLM and RDM were bad in the gear department but I'm realizing SCH has it worse now. Hard to convince myself to consolidate things like dark magic builds and MND and INT enfeebling sets just to make more space. I've only managed to make my ice and thunder damage magian staves so far, but I still have my Jupiter's and Aquilo's on me for para/bind/stun, do most of you keep both for damage and accuracy?

I have always loved the job but I hate playing it because of the gear factor. So many new things I still don't have and want to get but I can't figure out how to make room. I've got all the typical sets, idle/refresh/-DT mix, cures, INT/MND enfeebles, dark magic skill, nuking, helixes, enhancing, haste/conserve mp/enmity for misc buffs, stoneskin enhancement, can't even think about carrying a resting set but it's mostly not necessary anyway. It's just easier not to play it than to be frustrated with never having room but I'd like to try to make it useful for new Nyzul at least. I guess I'm just wondering if this is a common problem for a lot of you more serious SCHs and if anyone's found a good work around for it. It may be a silly question but I'm beyond frustrated with the job as it is now and it makes me a sad panda because I want to enjoy it. :(
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-04-04 23:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

weapons: Cure/ice/thunder/dark/wind/earth/owleyes/kirin's
sub:cure skill/enhancing skill/wizzan/genbus
ammo:witchstone/af3 book/mana ampulla
head:Nares/af3+2/Iaso/wivre hairpin
neck:saevus/colossus's/twilight/stoneskin gorget
ears:healing skill/enhancing skill/novia/novio/hecate's/AF3/earthcry
body:Heka's/Anhur/af2+2a/AF3+2
hands:Nares/af3+2/Ayao's/serp/auger's
rings:Haoma's/Sirona's/strendu/icesoul/dark ring/shadow ring
back:merciful/twilight/umbra/searing
waist:light/dark/ice/thunder obi/Olympus/oneiros
legs:af1+1/nares/rubeus/af3+2/af2+2a/haven
feet:Nares/af3+2/af2+2a/Rubeus/serp

Thats about what I have (or currently have filler items for). Its(if I counted right 65 slots) and gives you optimal enhancing(including stoneskin enhancements)/cure/nuking(with or w/o weather)/and close to capped fast cast. Its a bit weak in enfeebling/dark skill, but theres room to fill in the blanks.

Edit: A decent idle/cure build, and a good enhancing build are all you need for nyzul. Everything else helps, but honestly, compared to 4 embravad DDs, your nukes probably do less than if you just ran around pulling mobs for them/curing(from personal experience).
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2012-04-05 00:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

shield /w +3-5% cure pot.
set = 45% cure, 15%fastcast, and i could use alittle mind+ , but i am an elv.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-05 00:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That set is a mess.
[+]
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-04-05 00:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

weapons: Cure/ice/thunder/dark/wind/earth/owleyes/kirin's
sub:cure skill/enhancing skill/wizzan/genbus
ammo:witchstone/af3 book/mana ampulla
head:Nares/af3+2/Iaso/wivre hairpin
neck:saevus/colossus's/twilight/stoneskin gorget
ears:healing skill/enhancing skill/novia/novio/hecate's/AF3/earthcry
body:Heka's/Anhur/af2+2a/AF3+2
hands:Nares/af3+2/Ayao's/serp/auger's
rings:Haoma's/Sirona's/strendu/icesoul/dark ring/shadow ring
back:merciful/twilight/umbra/searing
waist:light/dark/ice/thunder obi/Olympus/oneiros
legs:af1+1/nares/rubeus/af3+2/af2+2a/haven
feet:Nares/af3+2/af2+2a/Rubeus/serp

Thats about what I have (or currently have filler items for). Its(if I counted right 65 slots) and gives you optimal enhancing(including stoneskin enhancements)/cure/nuking(with or w/o weather)/and close to capped fast cast. Its a bit weak in enfeebling/dark skill, but theres room to fill in the blanks.

Edit: A decent idle/cure build, and a good enhancing build are all you need for nyzul. Everything else helps, but honestly, compared to 4 embravad DDs, your nukes probably do less than if you just ran around pulling mobs for them/curing(from personal experience).

Thank you! This is about what I was looking for. I'll admit I didn't jump on the VW bandwagon and thus have nothing from there so far but it may become a possibility soon enough. A lot of it looks like some good multipurpose gear, and some of the AF2+2 looks quite nice as well so I'll start working on some of that. My main problem I think is I try too hard to make sure every slot has some beneficial stat for the spell I'm casting, but carrying around dual INT and MND earrings and the like isn't most beneficial to my inventory. :) Much appreciate the reply!
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2012-04-05 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Other then healing you have to think about the Dark arts side of SCH. Some set i put together to one day have.
Nuke:

Helix:

The staff is cuz its kool
Idle:

7/tick
Then you have your enf,ench,dark,sublimation. I dont have sets on ffxiah.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-04-05 12:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you can beat the AFv3 +2 body yet 12 INT over 11 MAB should still trump 15 MAB. also the wipes hate proc (if its true) is worth more than the -7 Emnity IMO anyways.

Zodiac ring and Obis when they align are unbeatable for nuking.

Moar savant's braces +2 for helices.

Refresh neck isn't worth the -1 invetory.
 Phoenix.Anniel
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-04-06 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For the person who asked for a SCH spellcast...

http://pastebin.com/3JfUAFZm

Lots of thanks to PhoenixMazarou for tweaking and fixing and keeping up with that xml for me :3 I'm sure there might be better .xmls out there but I'm pretty happy with the way it works :3 So I hope it's useful for anybody who needs one. And in the case somebody uses it, it would be cool if you'd let me know anything you'd change / fix to make it better :)

PS: Yes I know my sets aren't the best but this is what I got so far! >.<
[+]