Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's more or less true, Rear? Idk.. /shrug lol
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-26 03:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People focus on it because in any fight that has an extended duration it is an important stat to control.

In addition to that, your Cure IV's are going to be hitting 820ish HP in the near future and Cure V/VI will become much more inefficient. You're going to need a set just for Cure IV to be able to manage MP and enmity in situations where relevant.

Saying that your DD's suck is a relevant comment if all you've ever known is Abyssea as there have been plenty of fights where this is not the case and may be in the future assuming Legion doesn't turn into PD->zerg.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-26 03:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ -enmity not being important for cures. It's often worth even losing a small amount of a beneficial stat in favor of a nice chunk of -enmity; metanoia ring for example. It was important before the cure IV buff and it's pretty much absolutely crucial now.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2012-03-26 03:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Been out for a few months, what's the ideal Helix set looking like at the moment (outside Abyssea)? I know you could include a lot more MAB inside but assuming non upgraded atmacites are we back to stacking INT?

Hows this? (Ebuillence up):

Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-26 04:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I will repeat what I said in the RDM thread:
People are babies with enmity. I see this in the WHM threads as well where people think -enmity is what is required for the "perfect" cure sets. If you are taking hate off your dd's with cures, then your dd's suck.
2012 and people still don't understand basic implications of FFXI's enmity mechanics. ***'s sake.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 09:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Saying that your DD's suck is a relevant comment if all you've ever known is Abyssea as there have been plenty of fights where this is not the case and may be in the future assuming Legion doesn't turn into PD->zerg.
Clearly I have no idea what I am talking about. Please enlighten me on when enmity is so problematic when healing as a SCH when dd's reach the cap with ease.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-03-26 09:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly I have no idea what I am talking about. Please enlighten me on when enmity is so problematic when healing as a SCH when dd's reach the cap with ease.

Probably because in long fights Healers will reach that cap aswell?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 09:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »

Probably because in long fights Healers will reach that cap aswell?
What long fights?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-26 10:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Collie 2.0 has arrived
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 10:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure showed me.

But in all serious, what situations do you need -enmity heavy cure sets?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-26 10:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

People focus on it because in any fight that has an extended duration it is an important stat to control.

In addition to that, your Cure IV's are going to be hitting 820ish HP in the near future and Cure V/VI will become much more inefficient. You're going to need a set just for Cure IV to be able to manage MP and enmity in situations where relevant.

Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 10:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Still haven't answered my question. What long fights exist?

Not Abyssea, not any old content, not anything.
Good VW groups kill the NM in a couple minutes, and that is probably the most "difficult" content currently.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-26 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I have a PDT set?

Good VW groups get me new Fanatic's drinks all the time, PDT sets are useless.

Why should I have an hMP set?

I never rest what with these atmas and temp items.

Why should I have idle refresh?

Seems pointless in VW I'm always getting more temps.

Why should I change gear to WS?

With these atmas, the gains are so minimal I don't really see the point.

Why should I eat food?

My attack says 999 and plus look at my atmas and it is expensive.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2012-03-26 11:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Actually if you spam enough trophies, the lit pants beat teal by a small margin. You need to be REALLY lucky though.
True, I forgot about those. With a perfect augment of Int+3 and MAB+2 they would be the best nuking legs for SCH in terms of raw damage.

I think Tatsumaki sitagoromo with magic crit. dmg+10% & MAB+4 can be a better choice,but it's just my opinion.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I eat food?

Why should my cure set be -enmity heavy for those rare situations when other options are better for the majority of the time?

Also, still haven't answered my question.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-26 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I cure with +enmity because I need shield skills.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why should I eat food?

Why should my cure set be -enmity heavy for those rare situations when other options are better for the majority of the time?

Also, still haven't answered my question.
what about that unlucky GA where everyone takes a ***, sure it's rare but it happens and only you and the other mages are alive. Are you going to have to die so the melee jobs can get their hate back?

also pointing out that if you cap out on hate using cure is telling you that your DD's are bad is pretty childish. Sch is not only going to be sitting there baby sitting you with cures it also has other things to do such as nuking and procing, its VERY easy to cap hate on sch if you do not bother with enmity. Granted as long as your other DDs are capped hate that could be a minimal problem since all it takes is a simple attack or spell to pull hate back to them, though that could lead to hate bouncing between a DD and a mage or could spell bad news if say the DD's get petrified or slept.

Your gear, your friends, or your linkshell may be doing pil or rex in 3 minutes flat but there's alot of variables, such as procs, and not everyone is as "good" as you are.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-26 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sephiros said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Actually if you spam enough trophies, the lit pants beat teal by a small margin. You need to be REALLY lucky though.
True, I forgot about those. With a perfect augment of Int+3 and MAB+2 they would be the best nuking legs for SCH in terms of raw damage.

I think Tatsumaki sitagoromo with magic crit. dmg+10% & MAB+4 can be a better choice,but it's just my opinion.
Those are terrible actually.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-27 11:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, moving on.....

Best^^ bet for curing, as with haste you'll be against the ceiling for recasting Cure4 again. If you don't have light weather on for some reason a haste belt and fast cast back or -emnity piece will do. It had me going 840 Cure IVs last night with no weather.

Can swap out the emnity earring for the gifted/conserve MP piece also for situatuions that call for it.
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-03-27 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Alright, moving on.....

Best^^ bet for curing, as with haste you'll be against the ceiling for recasting Cure4 again. If you don't have light weather on for some reason a haste belt and fast cast back or -emnity piece will do. It had me going 840 Cure IVs last night with no weather.

Can swap out the emnity earring for the gifted/conserve MP piece also for situatuions that call for it.

I wouldn't be so quick to copy and paste old sets with the release of new gear, many of which have Cure Potency/Fast Cast/Healing Skill.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-27 12:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In my initial glances at the new item list the Phalaina Locket is a decent upgrade for more potency received but less emnity. Good for curing yourself but more of a side-grade for curing others.

Iaso Mitra is a 11% Potency with 10 MND and 10 Skill, somewhat of a side grade, I'd rather have the recast reduction found in the relic armor.

Nathushne +1 is a new staff with -7% Casting Time and 15% Potency, if you have the arka staff, im not sure why you would use this instead of that.

Magavan Slops offer 8 MND and 4% potency, another side grade to the - casting time delay and -emnity on the Praeco Slacks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Anniel
Server: Phoenix
user: Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-03-27 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

List of decent looking SCH gear from March 26th update:

Discuss!
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-03-27 12:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind that these items can also be augmented:

At first glance you wouldn't think that they would surpass the current items, but you never know.
 Phoenix.Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-03-27 12:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the head and the feet as they are :3 so augmented they should be pretty good, the body though, I think it will be hard to surpass Heka's body :3

The neck piece with cure pot is pretty cool but idk if it would be necessary, capping cure pot on sch is just so easy! Gotta keep in mind healing magic skill now and casting time -%, I saw avery nice +5% haste body that could probably replace Goliard too...

Enhancing +10 hands, and they also have healing skill +15, would they be better than augur's if you cap cure pot somewhere else? and the mnd+3 macc earring seems pretty decent for enfeebling as well :3

We should also have to keep this in mind:
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-03-28 11:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Enhancing +10 hands, and they also have healing skill +15, would they be better than augur's if you cap cure pot somewhere else?

15 healing skill = 15 power

Augur's 5 skill/7 mnd = 8.5 power

So yes, the new hands would definitely win if you don't need the potency there.
 Phoenix.Anniel
By Phoenix.Anniel 2012-03-28 11:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So just eyeballing... would a set like this be ok?

aaand... I know you guys will prob hate me buuut, as a SCH and when I main heal... I don't always have time to cast aurorastorm on me... (or I don't always remember to!) so any good back/waist to use whenever I don't keep up with it? MND ones...?

And yes, Phrenic Torque can be switched to Colossus Torque if needed I guess... like I said, I just like some enmity down, I've been using SCH a lot these last couple of days for Nyzul, new Voidwatch and Legion, and you do find yourself casting C4s a lot, and since I haven't had an issue yet with enmity... Id rather keep it that way!

(Not adding new stuff yet just because I don't think I even know where it comes from so :3 and for this I'd have to get Hyksos hat / get +2 argute loafers only)
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-03-28 15:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks good, though I'd probably go with Incantor Stone instead (assuming this is used for the entirety of the spell cast, not separated as precast/midcast). +2 mnd from Sachet is just +1 power, which will be pretty inconsequential, so might as well take a bit of fast cast instead.

If this is midcast with a separate precast then never mind about the Incantor Stone; at best you can get +3 mnd from Mana Ampulla instead.

For back/waist without weather up...

Swith Cape/+1 will be nice (mnd + fast cast)
Tempered Cape (and can swap hands to the +15 skill hands)
Kaikias's Cape (mnd)

Bishop's Sash (+5 skill)
Pythia Sash/+1 (mnd, Conserve MP, -enmity)
Goading Belt/Ninurta's Sash (haste)
Witful Belt (fast cast, haste, quick cast)
By Yamoto 2012-03-28 17:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignoring any enmity stats, how would these sets look? From what I could tell, all should have as much power as possible while still maintaining 50% potency.

Normal Cure

Normal w/ Weather

AF3+2 Head

AF3+2 Head w/ Weather

Obviously AF3+2 with weather would be highest cure, about 1287 if my numbers are right. Any improvements you can see?

Edit: All of these are for midcast, have another fast cast set for pre.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-03-28 20:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't think of anything that would improve on those sets.
By Yamoto 2012-03-28 21:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay I did something right! So question, the new Iaso stuff can be augmented? Where did you see this and what augments? Any clue where they come from yet? I'm going to venture into saying synergy? :/