Corsair 101 - Gear sets, Atmas, Atmacites
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2012-05-29 12:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that's quite true, considering some of the events nowadays have readily available sources of instant mp recovery. Pair with Clearview?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-29 14:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the amount of attack buffs you have it can be good, otherwise an agi+4 earring is obviously the best, but 4mil for 4 agi is aehm...not so appealing.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-29 18:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

opinions on cor melee? I personally love requiescat D: and dislike shooting expensive bullets, was on qilin just now and my ws set can still use a good bit of improvement

cor/war with sanus

Use Wind shot on Qilin, that thing just resists fire.

But Last Stand does 3x more dmg than Req, you should really consider it.

Was wondering how well Exenterator will do with DW.

I'd say out of all 3 meritable WS, LS=Exe>req in terms of usefulness IMO.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't really think of any situation on COR where I was like, "Man, I really wish I were main-handing a dagger right now so I could use Exenterator."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-29 18:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I can't really think of any situation on COR where I was like, "Man, I really wish I were main-handing a dagger right now so I could use Exenterator."

I do that a lot in dyna xarc with /DNC, mobs resists WF, and LS dmg isn't much higher than exe without enough attack buff and costing even more bullets. Exe is just cheap and effective in xarc with a nice additional effect.
 Asura.Dianabol
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dianabol 2012-06-01 00:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is best for Wildfire Comm. Boots+2 (6MAB) or Navarch +2 (13agi)?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-01 03:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory Navarch. In practice it depends on the enemy and your amounts of mab and agi in other slots(including atmas etc). The stronger the mobs the more is likely to need to add agi.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 04:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo, as I've said before, really concidering to level up COR again, and now more than ever with Thaumas gear beeing as awesome as it is.

So yeah, these sets would basicly just be the sets I'd ding into, anything obvious I should change other than Forban cape, which basicly is luck-based to find on the ah* :P
Mirke and head\legs are off limits for cor atm, but I'd reconcider them if I ever cba to do Armageddon*

Ranged TP

QD

Melee TP

Leaden Salute (Once unlocked:P)

Last Stand

Evis gear, if I ever feel like using that :P
Light belt just because cba to bring around extra gear for the ws, and I suppose I'd use rancor collar if I'd start using that for ranged tp aswell.

AGI+7 rings I'm not really concidering atm, if I ever take the job seriously I probably will*

Edit: Unsure if the ranged tp set was meant for \sam or not, and cba to count atm(at work).
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 04:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't quite get the Quicksilver as gun lol, just use a tp bonus magian or find an Opprimus on ah till you get Arma.

Your ranged tp seems more focused around crit and ratk, at that point you might want to even swap rajas and navarch pants for other fitting pieces(like Mirador for pants in example). Edit: rancor is better than nefarious also.

For QD Thaumas hands are pretty much pointless, just use Schutzen or Navarch and can swap pants for any mab leg piece(Denali, Nimue). Also the obvious canyon mab rings, but good luck with that, even I have given up on that task.

Leaden won't find much use, as for Last stand if you can make a tp bonus Moonshade(which you should!)use that and, possibly, a higher level bullet. Also for Last Stand specific usage Nguul would be a superior weapon.

I don't know about your VW availability but Tessera Saio would be obvious winner for pretty much everything(except melee), or even Athos tabard could work as an improvement to Loki.

p.s. Mirke should always be for cor!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 04:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke used to be for COR back at 75, buuut stopped playing the job completely :(
Completely forgot about Schutzen for some reason, will get those asap if I actually do this!
And yeah, as for the rings, naaah... Pretty much fully cleaved my Ukon and a friends Vere and I think I saw one mab+1 ring during the whole thing >_> -_-

Quicksilver basicly just because it shoots fast (for skillups:D) and I need to unluck the ws :p
VW bodies is'nt something I really assume I'll get anymore(hello, 0.00001% droprate :D), so those will be random, but ofc a goal to upgrade D:
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 04:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Af2+2 feet for QD unless it's for fire shot -> WF?
Or is it worth just using af3+2 fulltime for it, incase it increases BLM dmg or something in VW?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 04:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We got like 4 Athos bodies on 3 B-Rex last night(of course it didn't drop to me), seems to have a fairly high drop rate compared to other body pieces. It's actually more difficult to find a group for that mob(and even then, a group that is able to kill it).
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 04:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Also, Af2+2 feet for QD unless it's for fire shot -> WF?
Or is it worth just using af3+2 fulltime for it, incase it increases BLM dmg or something in VW?
When you're not doing 2 shots in a row or doing Fire shot-WF chains, yeah relic is better. However, since you don't have WF you're most likely to use Ice and Thunder shots so I'd say it's worth using it to increase black mages damage and for a chance at triple damage if you keep another Navarch piece on; about the blm though it needs some timing and can be difficult especially in situations like VW where they're busy doing random procs and it could go to waste. Sort of equally worth it, up to you.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 05:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'll hold back on the upgrade for awhile then, thanks for your help :D
And one more thing!
Would Athos body be better than Loki for Last Stand aswell? A bit more AGI but would lose out on some ratk?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 06:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Going by a rough estimation, I would say it depends on the amount of attack buffs. If you're lacking berserk and minuets in example or the mob has very high defense Loki should come ahead, but by a very tiny difference if anything. With all proper buffs athos is a winner.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wont feel too bad sporting Loki until I get better then, thanks again :)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-09 11:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed(slowpoke.jpg)that Archon ring has dark mab+5, which makes it pretty op for Leaden Salute. Dunno if you do ADL, but thought I'd add it there! :o
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-09 11:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, completely forgot that myself :P An actual proper use for that ring, other than comet and dark orb which basicly are never used XD
 Cerberus.Blackpain
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-06-19 07:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue with my Atma choice inside of Voidwatch. I have access to 3 slots for Atmas so some advice if you will. I currently run Discipline, Slayer & Valiant. Is there a better setup? If so let me know and why.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-06-19 10:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Blackpain said: »
Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue with my Atma choice inside of Voidwatch. I have access to 3 slots for Atmas so some advice if you will. I currently run Discipline, Slayer & Valiant. Is there a better setup? If so let me know and why.

For which WS? If you're using Last Stand you can just stick with it, if you're using WF change Valiant to destruction.
 Cerberus.Blackpain
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-06-19 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks and yes I was talking about wildfire. Also since you mentioned Destruction I see Assailment has 20 Mab on it and 20 STR. I guess the STR could come in handy with other non elemental based WS's and regular shots.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-06-19 14:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You should customize your QD sets to allow for more magic accuracy & AGI on light/dark shot vs more MAB on the 6 elementals.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-06-20 05:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks and yes I was talking about wildfire. Also since you mentioned Destruction I see Assailment has 20 Mab on it and 20 STR. I guess the STR could come in handy with other non elemental based WS's and regular shots.

One reason I didn't mention Assailment is because addle+ made it in a pretty dangerous position and a bit hard to recommend......unless it's proved and tested that addle has no effect on QD/WF acc, I wouldn't drop 5M+ gil worth of cruor to upgrade it, for an event that's coming to an end, until I have more gil D;

Destruction on the hand it's cheap and doesn't have any negative effect, extra gil you saved can just go upgrade other slot of gears etc.

If you have surplus of curor and willing to upgrade it and try out the effect of addle, I guess that's fine. I'm curious about that addle myself ><
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-20 08:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"Decreases an enemy's magic accuracy and increases its spellcasting time."

I get enough resists on something like provenance watcher as is with my set :\ if it specifically reduces magic accuracy I would never touch it
 Cerberus.Blackpain
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-06-22 06:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You should customize your QD sets to allow for more magic accuracy & AGI on light/dark shot vs more MAB on the 6 elementals.

I was asking about WS atma's not QD atmas. But thanks for the info.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

One reason I didn't mention Assailment is because addle+ made it in a pretty dangerous position and a bit hard to recommend......unless it's proved and tested that addle has no effect on QD/WF acc, I wouldn't drop 5M+ gil worth of cruor to upgrade it, for an event that's coming to an end, until I have more gil D;

Destruction on the hand it's cheap and doesn't have any negative effect, extra gil you saved can just go upgrade other slot of gears etc.

If you have surplus of curor and willing to upgrade it and try out the effect of addle, I guess that's fine. I'm curious about that addle myself ><

Thanks for the destruction info. I never considered the addle being a factor since I thought addle only worked when casting magic. But destruction is alot cheaper like you said so I'll go with that.
 Ragnarok.Sularth
user: Sularth
By Ragnarok.Sularth 2012-07-07 16:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Tried to put together possible(?) current most optimal sets to answer OP's question.

DD sets:

Are these Set (Up to date?) Just got WF a Few days ago..and trying to gear (The Best way Possible) ^_^; and made Suggestion If its not Up to date Thx!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-07 17:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide updated till the very last patch.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-08 17:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

progress report! this is vs. rex with valiant/destruction/slayer on fireday with firestorm most of the time.

and current wf set

The big spikes are a little confusing.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-09 01:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

0% resist, Fire shot, Firaja.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7