First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-11 17:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Corsair tricorne until you have an augmented mask.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-11 22:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitetiger said: »
This might be a dumb question but I've been told Marksmanship has no effect what-so-ever on Quick Draw Accuracy.

Can anyone find the BlueGartr forum for the testing for this? I've come up blank for awhile now?

Someone tested it on test server months ago and posted on BG:
http://www.bluegartr.com/archive/index.php/t-108199.html

Copy and pasted from BG posted by Raelia:

Quote:
Given the fact I only haven 291 club skill and all the mobs checked High evasion this leads me to believe either skill or melee accuracy plays a part in resist rates. When I was on the test server I wanted to derp about with Wildfire. Switched from PLD to COR and didn't recap skills, so only had my 16 marksmanship from merits. Fire shots did single digit damage, Wildfire did 100s to 300s, and Light Shot never landed. So yes, elemental WS and QD are tied to weapon skill rating.

Unless test server is different or someone else get a different test result, I believe this settles it, QD and WF is affected by skill level.
 Valefor.Whitetiger
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2012-04-11 23:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some testing today with a rapid increase in my Marksmanship skill. Please note I used all the types of Elemental Quick Draws and these are estimates.

Yesterday:
Pil-165 Skill
Avg: 45
High: 253
Low: 13

Today:
Lancing Lamorak-235 Skill
Avg: 210
High: 450
Low: 45

I will be increasing my marksmanship skill as quick as possible to finish all my tests. Based on this though, I'd say it is a dramatic increase in accuracy. Could have just been my lucky day though, will do further testing later. I don't like to over complicate things with a crap ton of numbers. Avg, High, Low is good enough for me.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-11 23:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Unless test server is different or someone else get a different test result, I believe this settles it, QD and WF is affected by skill level.

would also explain low Leaden Salute dmg I get on certain content, being I have far from capped marks lol... So it makes sense.

I'm gonna be working on Arma, so plz don't rage at me yet for having LS and not WF yet :P
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-11 23:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seraa said: »
Marksmanship does NOT affect QD's damage or accuracy.

Another quick question though. I do not have an augmented W.Head for QD so would Pandinus Beret or AF1 win for damage?

QD formula http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Quick_Draw
(2 * (Gun base DMG + bullet base DMG + Corsair's Tricorne bonus)) * (1 + (MAB / 100)) * (Elemental Staff bonus) * (Day/Weather Bonus)

Assuming you're naked with AF1 head+lv 90 arma+Omphalos bullet
AF1 hat:(2x(64+89+10)x(1+20/100)=391

P.beret:(2x(64+89)x(1+26/100)=385

AF1 wins, the more MAB you have the bigger difference it is.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-11 23:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some testing today with a rapid increase in my Marksmanship skill. Please note I used all the types of Elemental Quick Draws and these are estimates.

Yesterday:
Pil-165 Skill
Avg: 45
High: 253
Low: 13

Today:
Lancing Lamorak-235 Skill
Avg: 210
High: 450
Low: 45

I will be increasing my marksmanship skill as quick as possible to finish all my tests. Based on this though, I'd say it is a dramatic increase in accuracy. Could have just been my lucky day though, will do further testing later. I don't like to over complicate things with a crap ton of numbers. Avg, High, Low is good enough for me.

Testing on different mobs doesn't mean anything though, since you'll get different numbers depends on mob. But that Pil number is incredibly low, so it's probably affected regardless XD
 Valefor.Whitetiger
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2012-04-11 23:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that made me question this entirely was when a friend told me that their average Quick Draw on VWNMs was about 500-600. I was taken aback and checked their gear. There was more M.Attack than my set and more Agility but Agility (according to wiki) affects only the Magic Accuracy of Quick Draw, he did however have less M.Accuracy gear than I did. Shortly after I asked what his skill level was, it was very high compared to my very low skill. I was going to level Marksmanship regardless but I'll have to do more testing obviously this was just a quick run I did today before my internet went down.
My Stats:
AGI +60
M.Acc +62
His Stats:
AGI +~100
M.Acc +30-35ish
Well, I look forward to finding an answer.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-04-11 23:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Marksmanship skill translates to macc for quick draw, so cap that.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2012-04-12 00:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10418/seiokona-beret

this beret, "Magic Attack" is different than magic attack bonus ya? is it better or worse than pandinus

It was a "bad translation / typo" from SE, seem they already fixed too, now it say: "Magic attack bonus" +6, ffxiah.com still need update they description :P

Side note: still weird how SE put "Magic attack bonus" and not "Magic atk. bonus", they did same with stoicheion medal but not with Strophadic earring. Oh well.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-12 00:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, Since the title of this thread is COR 101, so I'll just post here. since it's not mentioned often and not a lot of PUG CORs(although I'm sure many ppl already know about this) I pt with been doing it, that they often only roll right before NM pop, instead of rolling every min every sec while waiting.

There are a couple of tips and tricks to drastically increase the chance of rolling No.11 for your pt member in a VW run. Which I find it's often overlooked.

The trick is to keep at least 1 No.11 on COR fulltime no matter what, since with a No.11 chain you can bust for unlimited of time and reroll in very short time, thus have a much higher chance to roll a lucky/No.11 for every other roll.

In order to get 1st No.11, the best way is to keep re-rolling over and over and over write any roll that's not No.11 every 45 sec during the down time for a chance at 11(and of course, in order to do this effectively, 45 sec PR recast is very good to have). If you happened to get a good number roll on pt member that you don't want to over-write, do it away from pt member. I also bust any none No.11 roll away from pt member during down time so my No.11 won't be overwritten.

There are plenty of downtime during a VW run for you to keep overwrite for No.11, for example, when you run to camp which usually takes 5~10 min, or when pt doing reform that's another 5 min, or when one person afk and so on. After VW pop there's 1 min free time to buff when ppl popping temp as well. If you happen to double weak for 5 min, that's another 5 min of free time to get No.11 as well. With a No.11 roll, it's also more effective to roll for 2 pts instead of just 1. As long as a COR is carrying 1 No.11 roll, it's way more effective as a buffer IMO.

If done right, about 90%~95% of time your pt member will have double No.11 in VW or at least lucky number when VWNM popped unless you just have very bad luck.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-12 00:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't bust 2x in a row.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-04-12 10:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You can roll an 11 and lock on the rift to freeze your timer. Just be careful and don't stay locked on when the mob is popped because it can keep you locked out of the run.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-12 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bohgo said: »
You can roll an 11 and lock on the rift to freeze your timer. Just be careful and don't stay locked on when the mob is popped because it can keep you locked out of the run.
Oh, I never thought about this, good one!
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-04-13 12:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that made me question this entirely was when a friend told me that their average Quick Draw on VWNMs was about 500-600. I was taken aback and checked their gear. There was more M.Attack than my set and more Agility but Agility (according to wiki) affects only the Magic Accuracy of Quick Draw, he did however have less M.Accuracy gear than I did. Shortly after I asked what his skill level was, it was very high compared to my very low skill. I was going to level Marksmanship regardless but I'll have to do more testing obviously this was just a quick run I did today before my internet went down.
My Stats:
AGI +60
M.Acc +62
His Stats:
AGI +~100
M.Acc +30-35ish
Well, I look forward to finding an answer.

I pretty much do 400-500 on QD first shot. I use more STP and -QD delay than MaB/Agi for my QDSTP set. If im fishing for procs in VW I mainly use QDSTP set oppose to QD damage set.

QDSTP Set

STP: 59
AGI: +50
Macc: +15
MaB: +5

QD damage Set

STP: 28
AGI: +38
Macc: +18
MaB: +30
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-04-13 12:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
If you don't bust 2x in a row.
This is why you roll when you zone in and waiting on people to gather. Bust, zone out, roll again, repeat until you get 11.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-13 12:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

On mobs that don't resist I easily get more than 600, lowest I've had was 250 I think. No QD accuracy merits, macc only on rings(Demon rings are imaginary).
Also always use damage set, don't find a need for a tp one as I don't mind shooting the rare times dusty wing is down.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-17 16:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Can't seem to get 50% PDT- without swapping out weapons =( Maybe missing some augment stuff........Desultor's tasset can get 1% extra PDT- augment.
I think 48% is the highest we can get...but good luck even getting a D ring c.c
Ha! We actually can get 50%! I just found out(slowpoke.jpg)the existence of darkness earrings that can be augmented with 1-2% pdt! /joy

..still a very complicated set to achieve though x.x
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-18 05:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In light of the new merit adjustments(which I long longed for)Afania wins the round on the endless merit debate
Quote:
Snake Eye
Recast time reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead increase the likelihood that the next roll will result in a sum total of XI when a 5 or higher is showing.

Fold
Recast time reduced from fifteen minutes to three.
Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead increase the likelihood of resetting the Phantom Roll recast timer.
Granted that Snake Eye is amazing now more than ever and is untouchable, Fold is so irrelevant that it should be happy we give it 1. The usual 1 to Loaded Deck and the rest can officially be handed to Winning Steak...time to upgrade my commodore tricorne!

Well, in theory you could also give 4 to Loaded Deck but that's...you know...kinda extreme for an ability you use rarely to say the least.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-18 07:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Snake Eye enhancement is pure sex.

Will have to analyze and decide what I want to do about Fold. Probably shifting the merits to Winning Streak, but not positive yet.

Luckily already updated the hat. Just need to get the exp on it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 08:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I need the XP on that hat too!
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 08:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it's worth nothing that the Fold recast is a typo and they mean 5 min recast.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-18 08:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I need the XP on that hat too!

Mirny and I will both need to do it, so hit us up maybe this weekend. We tend to do exp runs on the weekends because zones are packed arseholes to elbows and you can never get a good camp rotation going because of all of the jerk bsts and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE full-sized parties using way too many people for too few mobs. -.-;
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 08:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

On mobs that don't resist I easily get more than 600, lowest I've had was 250 I think. No QD accuracy merits, macc only on rings(Demon rings are imaginary).
Also always use damage set, don't find a need for a tp one as I don't mind shooting the rare times dusty wing is down.

I use Store TP on my rings!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-18 09:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of QD, I keep wondering how people are doing those 600+ numbers regularly and I'm not when my gear is pretty darn optimal...then I remember I really need a new Omphalos, but have been really lazy about doing any more Akvan. So tired of Jeuno T3s and I still don't have Sollerets from Pil or Mekira body. ._.;

Accidentally shot my Omphalos during a really frustrating Kalasutrax fight (which only served to make it more frustrating) while trying to proc a marksmanship stagger.

Drunk + bad VW run + irritated that your rng isn't helping proc marksmanship = ws'ing from menu in your QD gear.

And don't preach to me about spellcast. I keep trying to use it and I just...can't stand it. It always ends up annoying and/or frustrating me somehow. =(
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-18 09:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping to get a spare bullet before I got my Heka's Kalasiris, instead I just got a Heka's Kalasiris.
 Shiva.Slaanesh
Server: Shiva
user: Slaanesh
By Shiva.Slaanesh 2012-04-22 07:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope this is the right thread to ask these questions

Was looking over the atmacites to pick which to level up for cor but I am not sure which ones would be best, other than slayer for Wildfire.

Now that we can have 3 atmacites and the save tp adjustment hit

Which three atmacites would be best for WildFire/Last Stand mobs in VW?

Thanks
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-22 08:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Assailment looks very yummy for both WS, however I'm not sure if addle would lower WF accuracy.
Onslaught, Destruction and Shrewd are other ones that could be interesting, the former for the obvious agi+15, the latter for the multifunctionality having both mab and a pretty good dt-10%.
Then there's Coercion. For a ranged job it's pretty nice, especially if used along with Tactician's roll cause it can cut quite a bit of hits, however regain is also overrated, considering you should have wings most of the time and triple shot and QD for when they're down.
tl;dr:
Slayer/Onslaught/Coercion(Assailment if we can prove addle is ininfluent) balanced build for both WF and LS.
Slayer/Shrewd/Destruction if you want the defensive bonus and more focused on WF and QD.
Slayer/Onslaught/Shrewd similar to the one above but works better for LS as well.
Imho these are the best combos, pick the one the works better for your needs.
 Shiva.Slaanesh
Server: Shiva
user: Slaanesh
By Shiva.Slaanesh 2012-04-22 08:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Sehachan,

Would you recommend anything differently if I were to have 2 different sets (1 focused on WF and the other focused on LS)

Also how could I test for the effect of -macc on WF?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-22 08:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Assailment looks very yummy for both WS, however I'm not sure if addle would lower WF accuracy.
Onslaught, Destruction and Shrewd are other ones that could be interesting, the former for the obvious agi+15, the latter for the multifunctionality having both mab and a pretty good dt-10%.
Then there's Coercion. For a ranged job it's pretty nice, especially if used along with Tactician's roll cause it can cut quite a bit of hits, however regain is also overrated, considering you should have wings most of the time and triple shot and QD for when they're down.
tl;dr:
Slayer/Onslaught/Coercion(Assailment if we can prove addle is ininfluent) balanced build for both WF and LS.
Slayer/Shrewd/Destruction if you want the defensive bonus and more focused on WF and QD.
Slayer/Onslaught/Shrewd similar to the one above but works better for LS as well.
Imho these are the best combos, pick the one the works better for your needs.

Wouldn't Valiant better with all attribute+15?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-22 08:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Either in pvp(!)or using Limule which have a tp move that transfer statuses on you, so you'd have to addle it and wait till it passes it on you, after that you have to shoot a few times to see if you get unusual resists while addled. Can't think of other ways to test it.

As for different sets, Slayer/Shrewd/Destruction is probably the best for WF, while Slayer/Onslaught/Coercion or Dark Designes(which I completely forgot earlier ><)for Last Stand.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7