Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 436 437 438 ... 838 839 840
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-22 20:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question!

New geo here
For those career GEOs out there, are all the gears (af, relic, empy) worth it to just +1, or are there some pieces that aren't all used and I shouldn't waste my time/gil/chapters? I'm currently working on the relic and empy and in between looking to see which to +1

Kind of like how Nightfyre broke it down, im curious on thoughts.

Thanks.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-22 21:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can at least get you started on this one as well. There's a lack of info on some of the NQ bonuses though, so perhaps someone who's played GEO longer can fill in the blanks.

Geomancy (AF)
head: no
body: +1 may offer a stronger Life Cycle bonus, but I don't see any info either way on that. Decent idle/dark magic piece til you get other options
hands: pet -DT and geomancy skill, you'll use these forever
legs: BIS for fast cast and -interruption
feet: I wouldn't bother, only used for +movement

Bagua
head: great drain/aspir piece
body: 2 more skill, same Bolster duration. You can eventually hit 900 without this piece, so I wouldn't (and didn't) bother with +1.
hands: ehhh... Curative Recantation bonus? Low priority at best.
legs: adds another 3 seconds to indicolure duration
feet: better Radial Arcana maybe

Azimuth: set bonus is actually decent, worth 5/5ing eventually regardless of individual items.
head: +skill, Full Circle, +pet regen until you get Telchine
body: decent nuke (macc)/idle piece, enm-8 is kind of nice
hands: massive enm-11, decent enfeeble hands
legs: solid dark magic piece, though you can eventually replace with Merlinic
feet: indicolure duration bonus, PDT if you don't have Hagondes +1/Merlinic.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-22 22:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

any good ways for bst to get job points either solo or duo with someone else?
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-22 22:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

CLeaving in a gates zone or Zitah with chapuli pet is what many bsts do.. You need a moderate DT set, but honestly all the work is on your pet. aside from intial hits.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-22 22:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

CLeaving in a gates zone or Zitah with chapuli pet is what many bsts do.. You need a moderate DT set, but honestly all the work is on your pet. aside from intial hits.

yea, iv done that in zi tah a good bit. Still got more to do too, but slow going tho in terms of cp.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-22 22:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
<3

/bow

Thank you Night! This will definitely help. I was just +1's anything that had +geo and what not, but this definitely helps. Thank you kind sir
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-22 22:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

CLeaving in a gates zone or Zitah.

yea, iv done that a good bit. Still got more to do too, but slow going tho in terms of cp.

Well it sucks right now because cp campaign is off.

If you have the gear, I've heard BST is great in Apex parties, self skillchaining and what not.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-23 02:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a simple strategy to take down Unity NM "Kubool Ja's Mhuufya"?

Want to duo it with a friend but thought of asking what jobs would be easy to kill this?

SMN+SMN+Trusts?
SAM+BRD+Trusts?
BLM+BLM+Trusts?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-23 03:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN is probably your best option, pretty sure the colibri mimics any magic cast on him so that would rule BLM out.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-23 06:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

CLeaving in a gates zone or Zitah.

yea, iv done that a good bit. Still got more to do too, but slow going tho in terms of cp.

Well it sucks right now because cp campaign is off.

If you have the gear, I've heard BST is great in Apex parties, self skillchaining and what not.

where are the apex crabs even at? i havnt bothered with cp parties since coming back
By FaeQueenCory 2016-04-23 07:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Random question!

New geo here
For those career GEOs out there, are all the gears (af, relic, empy) worth it to just +1, or are there some pieces that aren't all used and I shouldn't waste my time/gil/chapters? I'm currently working on the relic and empy and in between looking to see which to +1

Kind of like how Nightfyre broke it down, im curious on thoughts.

Thanks.
Short answer: anything with skill.

More in depth:
Anything with skill that actually has a boost, like empy hat gaining 5 skill for instance, should be a high priority. (capping 900 should be your first thing done, but as you can see, having very close to 900, like 880+, is gonna put you so close to cap that Dunna will make no one give any shits. Unless they're stupid.)
Furthermore, anything that increases indi duration (relic pants and empy feet) is a huge boon to increase and should be done after the skill pieces.

I'll just go through the RFs that are good to have:
RF1:
  • Body for Life Cycle, though having just the 109 seems to be fine, as like much of the RF1 set, not much changes when you +1 it, and the Life Cycle buff doesn't appear to change at all.

• Hands for Luopan DT, you only gain 1%DT from +1ing them and no more skill.... so these will likely be one of the last things you +1. But it's nice to have them +1'd.

• Feet are a 119 movement speed piece. Really just more of a novelty but if you want to +1 it to maintain turst level or... shenanigans, by all means.

RF2:
  • Head is a good aspir piece.... but... if you're good on your timers you shouldn't really need it outside of really, really long fights. (and the fact that everything refills MP to max at the start makes this largely irrelevant for most content)

• Body can be 109 forever. That 2 skill will literally give you nothing. It won't even boost those spells that work on %s and get floored... literally 2 skill does nothing. (unless you were 2 away from the next tier... then you should +1 it. but if you're sitting at more than 2 from the next tier... +1 something else.)

• Legs increase indi duration. SUPER good to have more of. The less you have to reapply the less MP you spend and the better your life becomes.

• Feet should be +1'd if only you, for whatever reason, can't get A!skirmish pieces... Because getting pet: regen+3 on them is super easy, AND you can get pet: DT on them too. Making Telchine superior to these in every way. Though if you're feeling the space, you can keep the 109s of these around for the radial arcana boost.

RF3:
  • Head gets 5 extra skill. So this should be a priority if you're able. Like Bagua feet, the pet regen is nice, but Telchine makes for better Luopan sets. But that full circle effect is one of the reasons that helps keep MP up.

• Body is actually a very solid nuking piece. Just a touch less Macc than NQ Amalric, and only 15 MAB less... it's quite a good piece to hold you over, or even just use totally if Amalric body, even NQ, is out of your reach.

• Feet have that indi spell duration. Super good, as mentioned above. The PDT is ok, but Telchine, again, can be augmented to serve you and your luopan better.

Everything else is either garbage or there's just strictly better nonRF pieces to use.
Hope that's in depth enough for you.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-23 08:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie Hairpin +1 still a better aspir/drain piece and more jobs can use. I wouldn't bother with relic head.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-23 10:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie +1 is better for potency, Bagua +1 is better for macc.
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-24 02:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Want to duo it with a friend but thought of asking what jobs would be easy to kill this?

SMN+SMN+Trusts?
SAM+BRD+Trusts?
BLM+BLM+Trusts?

Tried duo'ng it with Koga SAM + Carn/4song bard + Amchucu+August+Cherukiki+Koru-Moru.

Did 4-5 runs and all ended up with a wipe.

AM3 Up and SCing Light(Fudo+Fudo)

Took the bird down till it spawned the mamool, then tried taking down the bird(do i win if the bird dies?) but most I could take it down to is to 20%.

Other tries were focusing on the mamool after it pops. Also goes down to 20-30% until it does firespit and wipe(barfira is on).

Could probably do it with a main healer or another support or even a real Tank.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-24 09:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bird can't be killed until mamool is. I've won it reliably with melee setups using geo-wilt and scherzo to prevent potential one shots. I've also won reliably with a larger MB group, though it loves to run over to the mages and one shot them even when they haven't done anything that should have pulled hate so end up waiting on weakness between fights often. Tried RNG setup and wacky hate often got my RNGs killed, could squeeze out a win but not win reliably.

I guess my experience with this NM is that it's really annoying. I think melee setup was the best for me, but it needed more people(I used SAM SAM GEO GEO BRD WHM, some could probably be replaced with trusts). Tank doesn't seem terribly useful because even with full souveran+1 and ~120 enmity I couldn't hold hate reliably off of anything on the colibri.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-24 11:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN+SMN+Trusts?
SAM+BRD+Trusts?
BLM+BLM+Trusts?

Not sure about those setups. I've been doing it BLU + GEO. Fury/Frailty, keeping Occultation up and swapping to DT set if I'm stuck with it down. NIN might also do well there.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-04-24 12:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN+SMN+Trusts?
SAM+BRD+Trusts?
BLM+BLM+Trusts?

Tried duo'ng it with Koga SAM + Carn/4song bard + Amchucu+August+Cherukiki+Koru-Moru.

Did 4-5 runs and all ended up with a wipe.

AM3 Up and SCing Light(Fudo+Fudo)

Took the bird down till it spawned the mamool, then tried taking down the bird(do i win if the bird dies?) but most I could take it down to is to 20%.

Other tries were focusing on the mamool after it pops. Also goes down to 20-30% until it does firespit and wipe(barfira is on).

Could probably do it with a main healer or another support or even a real Tank.

Apururu heals better than 50% of the WHMs i've played with in 13 years, and August tanks better than 99.99999999% of the PLDs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-24 12:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For Kubool Ja's Mhuufya:

- His WSs are hate reset
- Can't be killed until he summons Kubool Ja
- Kubool Ja constantly uses Reward to keep Mhuufya alive, though it's possible to kill Mhuufya and ignore the master if you hit it with enough damage on a single hit. Fight ends as soon as the bird dies.
- Killing Kubool Ja makes Mhuufya freak out and spam TP moves. I think I also recall him getting a boost to attack and crit rate, but it's been a while.
- Melees will definitely want to use shadows. Bringing a RUN (or Amchuchu) for Inspiration isn't a bad idea if your people aren't able to maintain shadows well enough, though with the hate reset, everyone usually gets a safe opportunity.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-24 14:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Thanks for the reply!

I got another random question for the day. Ambuscade related.

I get that you're limited to 2 JSE capes. I'm curious if you can do two of the same job , or if your 2nd cape needs to be of a different job

I don't want to spend 500 pts to find out >< anyone know?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-24 15:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I get that you're limited to 2 JSE capes. I'm curious if you can do two of the same job , or if your 2nd cape needs to be of a different job

I don't want to spend 500 pts to find out >< anyone know?
You can buy as many capes as you want, but you can only buy 1 specific cape once this month (so no 2 BLUs for example). You are only limited to maxing out 2 capes because of the amount of upgrade items you're allowed each month.

So to answer your question, no, it can't be 2 of the same job.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-04-24 15:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, what a shame :( Would be nice to have two BLU capes, amiright

cheers
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-04-24 15:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not actually limited to buying 2 capes; I've bought 4 myself. You just can't buy augmentation items for more than 2 (at least this month). Even though he asks you how many copies of a specific cape you want, he won't actually be able to sell you more than one, according to people who tried. However, it's been implied by the devs that the capes will be available again next month, and that you can get a second copy of one then.
By Faelar 2016-04-25 11:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking up some solo leveling guides from 1-99, and found a few but they are from a year to a couple years ago.

One, two

Was just wondering the best places to solo level with Trusts nowadays, or are these guides still the best way?
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2016-04-25 13:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
Looking up some solo leveling guides from 1-99, and found a few but they are from a year to a couple years ago.

One, two

Was just wondering the best places to solo level with Trusts nowadays, or are these guides still the best way?

Escha is pretty awesome if you have a decent amount of vorseals, this is my usual route (leveled 3 jobs 1-99 in the last couple of months):

• 1-12 - Starting Area - anything

• 12-14 - Any of the crags - anything

• 14-24 - Valkurm

• 24-32 Qufim - Worms>Crabs>Gigas>Leech

• 36-41 Garlaige Citadel - Siege Bats and Beetles

• 42-85 Escha Zitah - Worms (flux #1) > Weapons/Dhalmel (NW from Worms) > Birds (SE of #3) > Bees/Gobbue (#4) - Basically keep killing one type of mob until they become EM and keep in mind that their level increases as you move further from the starting point

• 85-90 - Crawler's Nest - King Crawler/Vespo/Dancing Jewel on map 3 - This may not be ideal but there is nothing for this level in Escha and it's only for few levels

• 90-99 Ceizak Battlegrounds - Mandys just outside Adoulin - They are annoying due to Dream Flower but good exp with Ionis

With exp chain campaign and 5 trusts, you'll get to 99 in few hours.

Good luck!
[+]
By Faelar 2016-04-25 13:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

Escha is pretty awesome if you have a decent amount of vorseals,

Sounds good but will my lack of Vorseals affect this at all when I get to Escha-Zitah?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-25 14:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll probably have some issues with accuracy and damage output as a result on the lower end of any given camp, along with limited refresh/regen slowing you down and potentially forcing occasional downtime. I've seen people try and fight worms at lower levels (admittedly they started far too soon as well, I'm talking mid to upper 30s) with few or no vorseals and it's just embarrassing, they'll kill one worm maybe every five minutes. Terrible EXP. Give it a shot, but you may find GoV a better option. No EXP/CP campaigns right now either, so GoV bonuses will matter more.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-26 07:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Very idiotic question. Which flux in Yorcia Weald has the most mobs that can drop Russet yggrete rocks? Need 4 more Yorcia delve runs and I am done. And ah is always bare of that 1 Rock. Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-26 13:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to either disable the Windows lock screen just when FFXI is active, or make it so that FFXI stays fully functional and not lockup/DC when Windows lock screen is active.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-26 15:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Is there a way to either disable the Windows lock screen just when FFXI is active, or make it so that FFXI stays fully functional and not lockup/DC when Windows lock screen is active.
You can't prevent the crash when your display changes. Just disable your PC from automatically locking. You can always ctrl+l it if you want to lock it without going back into the settings.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-26 16:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else noticed visible server lag today? My ping to other japanese/california IPs is <20ms, but most of my actions are being delayed between 800 and 2000ms. The server problems are really getting old.
First Page 2 3 ... 436 437 438 ... 838 839 840