Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 437 438 439 ... 835 836 837
By Faelar 2016-04-27 11:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides Sparks and Dynamis, what do people do to make gil nowadays?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-27 11:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

Waiting for the right rich mofo outside of West Adoulin MH with only a Subligar on.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-27 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1.Solo salvage and vw.
2.wkr during campaign.
3.craft HQ gears and sell them for millions.
4.solo or low man delve 2 and sell craft materials.
5. Sell escha, Vagary, delve gears and clears.
6.Do high tier bc and sell beits.
7.Currency buy low and sell high.
8. Farm fern stones and sell them.

Honestly no reason to be poor in 2016 FFXI. Tons of people tell me they make 10m a day easily.
[+]
By Morihei 2016-04-28 11:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Question!

Onslaught, BST Relic WS. How does it fare when compared to Ruinator? Let's say for monsters < 124'ish, in most general cases.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-28 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Poorly, but the aftermath is nice and it'll make darkness (and you can follow up with double dark if so inclined) with any distortion WS (Ruinator, Tegmina Buffet, Pentapeck, etc).
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-28 12:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
4.solomultibox or low man delve 2 and sell craft materials.

ftfy
By Nellarie 2016-04-29 10:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I am starting to work on my Mog Garden and currently have my nodes at rank 3. I'm starting to enjoy it a lot, but I have a few questions.

1) Once you obtain a cheer effect from monster rearing, do you get to keep the cheer even after sending the monster back home?

2) Is it possible to collect all of the available cheer effects and keep them?

3) How effective are the Alter Ego buff cheers? Are they substantial enough to allow soloing lvl 130 content with certain jobs?

4) How much gil could I make per day with a Rank 7 mog garden and what are some tips to squeeze a little more gil out of my mog garden dailies?

5) I have been looking for a good thread on Mog Garden discussion on various website message boards (official, BG, FFXIAH, etc...), but I haven't found a good Mog Garden thread. Do you know of a good Mog Garden thread?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-29 10:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Most of them negligible. There are some potent alter ego buffers at rank 6-7 but nothing really game changing. I am using lunar wyrm cheer which gives a bunch of fast cast and some macc to alter egos. Is it noticeable? Not sure but it is obviously potent on paper. It should help tank (most notably Gessho) and buffer trusts.
4) Honest opinion: Don't bother.
5) I don't know either. I guess hardly anyone cares that much about mog garden management so there isn't much discussion about it on community websites.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-04-29 12:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard would the following Escha T1 NMs be as a duo (myself WHM and my roommate THF) w/Trusts? Would they be easily killable?

Wepwawet
Tangata Manu
Ferrodon
Ionos
Asida
Emputa
Peirithoos
Sava Savanovic
Wasserspeier
Gestalt
Angrboda
Khon
Khun
Met
Ruea

Just trying to get caught up as much as possible on our own without help, and my LSs said T1 Escha stuff was a good start and that most are doable with Trusts. BGWiki doesn't have very much info on them, let alone the Testimonials pages that FFXIClopedia used to have...which would be extremely helpful right about now.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-29 12:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard would the following Escha T1 NMs be as a duo (myself WHM and my roommate THF) w/Trusts? Would they be easily killable?

Wepwawet
Tangata Manu
Ferrodon
Ionos
Asida
Emputa
Peirithoos
Sava Savanovic
Wasserspeier
Gestalt
Angrboda
Khon
Khun
Met
Ruea

Just trying to get caught up as much as possible on our own without help, and my LSs said T1 Escha stuff was a good start and that most are doable with Trusts. BGWiki doesn't have very much info on them, let alone the Testimonials pages that FFXIClopedia used to have...which would be extremely helpful right about now.

If u are in pre Escha gears I don't think u can duo any of those. Maybe throw in a geo u can.
By Faelar 2016-04-29 13:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »

If u are in pre Escha gears I don't think u can duo any of those. Maybe throw in a geo u can.

Party Unity, Part Skirmish, Part Escha. I have some Vanya/Telchine, and she has some Rawhide/Taeon.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-29 15:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Party Unity, Part Skirmish, Part Escha. I have some Vanya/Telchine, and she has some Rawhide/Taeon.

The cataraes u def can't due to their shields. And some stuff throws out big aoes. It's worth a try. Check bgwiki page for strategies. If anything have white go theif as well and summon apururu.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-29 16:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The cataraes u def can't due to their shields.

Why not. Thf has access to piercing, slashing, blunt and ranged. Sub cor and you can use Quick draw which removes shield. THF can equip ilv 119 gun and pretty much most if not all mab gears cor can.

I really don't understand why's shield that much of a big deal.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-29 16:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not. Thf has access to piercing, slashing, blunt and ranged. Sub cor and you can use Quick draw which removes shield. THF can equip ilv 119 gun and pretty much most if not all mab gears cor can.

Have u heard what they said about their gears? They don't have elite gears like yours.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-29 16:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need top tier gear to deal with shields. A few of the caturae would be annoying for other reasons, but not for shields alone.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-29 16:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Have u heard what they said about their gears? They don't have elite gears like yours.

Elite? my gear is probably worse than yours at this point.

You don't need "elite" gears to do slashing, blunt, piercing and whatever. What, do you need a mythic or HQ to do those?

But more importantly you were basically telling them it's "impossible" to duo those before they even try, this kind of attitude is why people get stuck on T1 or whatever content in FFXI: Too afraid to try things because it's "impossible" or "elite only". And your advice is encouraging this kind of attitude, instead of encouraging people to overcome difficulties with what they have.

Fyi, all the "elite" groups that killed every single NM don't have the "it's impossssible" attitude like you. They just go and try it, if they fail they try again with a better strat. It's not "elite" geared players that beats the content, but a positive and can-do attitude.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-29 17:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I did say it's worth a try lol. I got killed by cataerae when I just started blue trying to break their shield so that's my last memory of them. I certainly can do it now.

What impossible attitude? Lol Idris is kinda impossible but I went out n made it anyway. Maybe I'm helping them keep their expectations low as they try. why such attack? Lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-29 18:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The only T1 Caturae that's a real pain in the butt is Khun, and that's because he full-times a terror/doom aura. If you can bounce hate its not too bad, but 1 DD alone is going to have a hard time killing him.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-29 18:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still attack and WS mobs with dangerous gazes by just very briefly turning towards them and turning back. If the terror/doom does land, you'll be facing away and they will wear off shortly. And no, you don't need JA0 to WS "backwards".

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-29 18:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Khun uses an aura, not a gaze, back tanking or turning makes no difference. If's he's looking your way it will hit you, which is why i said bouncing hate will make him less of a pain, but a solo DD is going to have a hard time.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-29 18:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no caturae that full-time a Doom/Terror aura, so I wasn't sure exactly which one you were talking about. If you're talking about the one that opens with draw-in/shield, that's just a Doom aura which can simply be Requiescated off.

Edit: There are also no caturae that have an aura that's activated when "looking at the target". I'm not sure what you're talking about at all now.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-29 18:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Go fight Khun and tell me he doesn't pop with doom and terror. Because when I fought him about a month ago he sure as hell did.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-29 18:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The Cats do have a move that is a gaze type attack that lasts a while that applies doom/terror if you are looking at them. It's called Shah Mat though I'm not sure which of the newer ones use it but I know Pil does.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-29 18:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
The Cats do have a move that is a gaze type attack that lasts a while that applies doom/terror if you are looking at them. It's called Shah Mat though I'm not sure which of the newer ones use it but I know Pil does.
We know that.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-29 19:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Go fight Khun and tell me he doesn't pop with doom and terror. Because when I fought him about a month ago he sure as hell did.
Doom only. No terror. You were, however, correct in that the aura is only present on his current target, which is strange. Pretty sure it used to be AoE as I recall multiple people falling flat after Doom countdown on our earlier attempts.

Edit: Nevermind, they just weren't on hate list. Doom aura was applied to them once they performed an action on the NM. So yes, the Doom is also circular AoE, not just "who he's looking at".

Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-29 19:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I did say it's worth a try lol. I got killed by cataerae when I just started blue trying to break their shield so that's my last memory of them. I certainly can do it now.

What impossible attitude? Lol Idris is kinda impossible but I went out n made it anyway. Maybe I'm helping them keep their expectations low as they try. why such attack? Lol

Not sure why'd you mention your Idris in this discussion. I didn't "attack" you, but your reply was kinda implying I have full adhemar +1 or something, then come to this thread giving advice to people on how to kill things that only mythic + adhemar +1 player can kill, when I was simply trying to remind people thf can cover damage types to break shield and it's not "impossible" to take off it's shields on thf.

When I got a trollish "so elite" reply for offering advice, I was somewhat offended.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-04-29 19:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've found a way through Khun's Shield on SCH although it requires timing your helix when he pops to use the shield move and whenever he draws in to use shield move again. Right after Khun Draws in and uses his shield move, you have 2-4 seconds to quickly land a helix right AFTER he uses the move. Once that works, the shield will be up but he's still taking damage from the helix and the shield will disappear allowing you to get a skillchain or 2 in. Just be sure to keep a close eye on it until the next draw in/ shield move. The timing can vary depending on fast cast gear and either casting T1/T2 helix.

Tab-something Gambit was the healing/shield move which removes it's debuffs so keep that in mind
First Page 2 3 ... 437 438 439 ... 835 836 837