Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 435 436 437 ... 844 845 846
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-20 12:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
^That's the short version of how crackpot theories like CHR for voke and day/moonphase crafting become apocrypha. The story gets passed around without any supporting evidence, yet people start buying into it anyway. MND for spells is much the same.

Meriting DEX increases /shout radius.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-21 15:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone said in one of my linkshells that Accuracy only affects the first hit of the weapon skill and WS Accuracy affects the whole weapon skill.

I don't really play melee and I'd never heard this before. Is this true? Neither wiki has information that reflects this (BG doesn't even have a page for the stat)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-21 15:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They're wrong, if they meant what you thought they meant.

* Weapon Skill Accuracy is accuracy that applies only to weapon skills. It's not clear whether it applies to all hits or just the first, but it probably applies to all hits.

* Accuracy applies to normal hits and weapon skills.

There is an additional 100 Accuracy boost associated with the first hit of every weapon skill that does not transfer to other hits.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-21 16:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
They're wrong, if they meant what you thought they meant.

Quote:
* Weapon Skill Accuracy is accuracy that applies only to weapon skills. It's not clear whether it applies to all hits or just the first, but it probably applies to all hits.

* Accuracy applies to normal hits and weapon skills.

There is an additional 100 Accuracy boost associated with the first hit of every weapon skill that does not transfer to other hits.

(I subquoted a section to refer to it).

Yeah I just found that after asking (https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Weapon_Skills).

It seemed like they were misinterpreting what that paragraph meant to me as well.

Thanks for confirmation. I simply could not believe I hadn't heard that in all these years.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-21 16:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to catch up on quite a bit of content and having trouble with accuracy on WKR bosses, Escha NMs, and Ambuscade dragon. I don't remember that much of an issue with this before, but I've been seeing that for ~119 content I miss like crazy. Tried adding sushi and it doesn't make much (if any) difference. Added up my accuracy today for MNK using information on BG wiki and i'm around 650 Acc. Most gear I'm finding with more accuracy either needs me to beat some of the bosses I have trouble even hitting or more job points to equip them. I want to be able to farm capacity points quicker than Escha mobs but my accuracy is horrid on those. I've seen some mention of ~1k accuracy for newer content and I'm not sure where I can find enough accuracy to be useful for such content.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-04-21 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Trying to catch up on quite a bit of content and having trouble with accuracy on WKR bosses, Escha NMs, and Ambuscade dragon. I don't remember that much of an issue with this before, but I've been seeing that for ~119 content I miss like crazy. Tried adding sushi and it doesn't make much (if any) difference. Added up my accuracy today for MNK using information on BG wiki and i'm around 650 Acc. Most gear I'm finding with more accuracy either needs me to beat some of the bosses I have trouble even hitting or more job points to equip them. I want to be able to farm capacity points quicker than Escha mobs but my accuracy is horrid on those. I've seen some mention of ~1k accuracy for newer content and I'm not sure where I can find enough accuracy to be useful for such content.

Is that your checkparam acc? Even in sparks gear you should be more than 600 I think.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-21 16:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Is that your checkparam acc? Even in sparks gear you should be more than 600 I think.

Oh wow, i didn't even know checkparam was a thing, so it looks like i'm closer to 830 accuracy in my ACC set, still not sure how i'm going to get hundreds more, guessing i should invest in some DEX merits tho heh. Thanks for mentioning that!
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-21 16:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently made a most elsewhere about eminent acc.. useful I guess.

Quote:
Not accounting for accessories, an eminent soft-melee (mnk/thf/etc) should have 75 acc from 102 dex. Checkparamming myself naked puts me at 696 naked with an eninent dagger. So 771. Plus accessories, plus cheap food.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-21 16:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@Berzerk, get JSE weapon and augment it, should give you +70 acc (+ more acc from the 242 weapon skill). It's a great stepping stone for deficiencies in gear accuracy.

Oboro (NPC)
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-21 18:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
@Berzerk, get JSE weapon and augment it, should give you +70 acc (+ more acc from the 242 weapon skill). It's a great stepping stone for deficiencies in gear accuracy.

Oboro (NPC)

I currently have Oatixir or we the i119 h2h are from Delve, and friend was able to upgrade Amano to i119, the rest of the slots are the trouble though. Trying to beat WKR bosses to get access to delve and some more gear to help with Ambuscade and farming job points more quickly.

Side-question: When killing mobs in Escha-Zitah my MNK gets (what seems like) the max exp from the mobs, however, my mule on SCH is only getting 1/2 or 1/3 the EXP. Would there be some reason for this? Both on the same missions as far as RoV goes and not receiving any other boosts. Capacity point reward is the same on both characters.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-21 18:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently have Oatixir or we the i119 h2h are from Delve, and friend was able to upgrade Amano to i119, the rest of the slots are the trouble though. Trying to beat WKR bosses to get access to delve and some more gear to help with Ambuscade and farming job points more quickly.

Side-question: When killing mobs in Escha-Zitah my MNK gets (what seems like) the max exp from the mobs, however, my mule on SCH is only getting 1/2 or 1/3 the EXP. Would there be some reason for this? Both on the same missions as far as RoV goes and not receiving any other boosts. Capacity point reward is the same on both characters.
Just so you know, you only have to beat any WKR once to be the leader of a Delve group (the first 3 Delves, anyway); anyone can enter any Delve at any time if someone else brings them in.

Regarding exp, the values are affected by item level equipped by party members. If you're wearing say, full 117 gear, and your mule is nude, then they'll be getting exp as if they were simply 99.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-21 18:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »

Just so you know, you only have to beat any WKR once to be the leader of a Delve group (the first 3 Delves, anyway); anyone can enter any Delve at any time if someone else brings them in.

Regarding exp, the values are affected by item level equipped by party members. If you're wearing say, full 117 gear, and your mule is nude, then they'll be getting exp as if they were simply 99.

Was able to beat the bee WKR, would i be able to enter the first 3 still? Or could i only enter Ceizak Delve? I never the the WKR KI when I used to do Delve because someone else had it.

@EXP question gotcha, they have some i117 but not always wearing it, i'll just make that their idle gear while EXPing, thanks a bunch!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-21 18:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Was able to beat the bee WKR, would i be able to enter the first 3 still? Or could i only enter Ceizak Delve? I never the the WKR KI when I used to do Delve because someone else had it.
You're good to go, just need to get the Delve entry KI from the Anomaly Expert in Eastern Adoulin (near AH). Just trade here one of those yggrete rock items for the KI, which are cheap enough on AH. Note also that if you want the entry KIs for Yorcia/Marjami/Kamihr, you'll need to beat Ceizak/Morimar/Hennetiel first, or have someone else bring you in.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-21 18:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You're good to go, just need to get the Delve entry KI from the Anomaly Expert in Eastern Adoulin (near AH). Just trade here one of those yggrete rock items for the KI, which are cheap enough on AH. Note also that if you want the entry KIs for Yorcia/Marjami/Kamihr, you'll need to beat Ceizak/Morimar/Hennetiel first, or have someone else bring you in.

wow ok awesome! that'll save some time for sure. All 3 WKR KI are required for later Delve zones?

Are the first 3 delve sections able to be completed with only 3 people? tank/dd, dd, healer? I have some trusts but they seem to be morons and all stand together in front of the NM and the RDM burns through MP very quickly. I know some people are able to solo them on BST or SCH, but I don't have SCH at that level of awesomeness and BST isn't all that great either. What worries me the most is the weaknesses/strength some of the NMs have which are hard to fully prepare for with only 3 people
By Faelar 2016-04-21 18:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the items to make the Alluvion Skirmish KI, but the NPC will not take them and make the KI.

What else does he need?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-21 18:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

wow ok awesome! that'll save some time for sure. All 3 WKR KI are required for later Delve zones?

Are the first 3 delve sections able to be completed with only 3 people? tank/dd, dd, healer? I have some trusts but they seem to be morons and all stand together in front of the NM and the RDM burns through MP very quickly. I know some people are able to solo them on BST or SCH, but I don't have SCH at that level of awesomeness and BST isn't all that great either. What worries me the most is the weaknesses/strength some of the NMs have which are hard to fully prepare for with only 3 people
Oops, I should have clarified: You have to beat the first 3 Delves to get entry KIs for the last 3. Again, of course, this only applies to the leader, everyone else can entry freely.

Regarding the NMs and stuff: Read up on them and try things out. You can also fight the 5 NMs outside of the Delve itself, and then use the "bead" items they drop to remove them from the Delve (up to 3 NMs per run). This can help if there are certain NMs you hate or can't deal with due to limited jobs in a single run. Also, don't hesitate to change trusts between NMs if necessary. Amchuchu trust (available now at the Peacekeeper's Coalition) will serve as a great tank for Delve.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2016-04-21 19:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, I should have clarified: You have to beat the first 3 Delves to get entry KIs for the last 3. Again, of course, this only applies to the leader, everyone else can entry freely.

Regarding the NMs and stuff: Read up on them and try things out. You can also fight the 5 NMs outside of the Delve itself, and then use the "bead" items they drop to remove them from the Delve (up to 3 NMs per run). This can help if there are certain NMs you hate or can't deal with due to limited jobs in a single run. Also, don't hesitate to change trusts between NMs if necessary. Amchuchu trust (available now at the Peacekeeper's Coalition) will serve as a great tank for Delve.

Yeah I've got Amchuchu and I used him for the bee WKR, he was okay but Koru-Moro (RDM) AI was horrible, and Zeid helped a bunch for stuns and some DPS. Unfortunately it was tough to set up all 3 of them so they weren't standing right in front of the bee's conal attacks. Farming beads is probably the rout will go at least to get the boss KIs. Last time I did Delve was with full alliance with plenty of stunners, healers, and bards for buffs, probably won't be able to get even close to that with only 3 people and some trusts so pretty afraid will just get stomped.
By Faelar 2016-04-21 19:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the least painful way to get to Yorcia Weald for the first time?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-04-21 19:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

Marjami #4 > go NW zone into Woh Gates > cast escape is one way.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-21 19:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

Oboro (NPC)

It should be noted that you cant augment jse weapons until you fully complete RoV storyline, which this player most likely lacks.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-04-21 19:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Marjami #4 > go NW zone into Woh Gates > cast escape is one way.

For the FIRST time. I've never been to either of those zones. I'm currently lost (no in-game map) in Morimar Basalt Fields near the Frontier Station @ K-10. Looks like I can hit Woh Gates from here then move onto Yorcia Weald?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-21 20:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Depends if you have someone who can tractor you up shortcuts or not.

Laughed out loud.

>> What's the least painful way to get to Yorcia?
>> Die.

(I mean I get it, just couldn't help but laugh)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-21 20:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For the FIRST time. I've never been to either of those zones. I'm currently lost (no in-game map) in Morimar Basalt Fields near the Frontier Station @ K-10. Looks like I can hit Woh Gates from here then move onto Yorcia Weald?
That would be the first time. From then on you'd use waypoints. You're taking the other route though, so you'll need to make your way to Woh Gates at (E-11 in Morimar). You can use Escape there if you've got it, or you can walk to J-9 and exit to Yorcia.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-04-21 20:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That would be the first time. From then on you'd use waypoints. You're taking the other route though, so you'll need to make your way to Woh Gates at (E-11 in Morimar). You can use Escape there if you've got it, or you can walk to J-9 and exit to Yorcia.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. I have /BLM atm, so should be able to use Escape! :)
By fonewear 2016-04-22 14:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone ever get a billing error code 601 ? I got an e-mail saying there was a billing error.

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Due to a processing error with your payment method, all recurring options for the following service account have been cancelled. The details are as follows.

I talked to my bank earlier they said there is no problem with my card. I'm guessing SE messed up something on their end... Any advice would be appreciated.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 435 436 437 ... 844 845 846