Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 416 417 418 ... 836 837 838
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-15 06:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Amalric +1's set bonus beat out Arbatel Loafers +1 on damage when Klimaform is up, assuming using Amalric body/hands/legs/feet or body/hands/feet? I'm using 2 different sets.
 Asura.Patb
Server: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-01-15 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried looking for a little bit but couldn't find an answer.

How hard is Legion now with 119 gear and such? I'd really like to farm for an Esper Earring, but not sure its totally worth the time yet.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-01-15 11:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly easy:
- The 1st Wave is only level 105, the second 110, and the bosses are 115
- Trusts work on WKR/WoE rules (can resummon, can break party so everyone has their own, etc.)
- Super cheap entry with RoV KIs and no re-entry restrictions

Some of the NMs in there can be annoying (Sandworm) or dangerous (Mantid), but nothing too terrible. Hall of Mul might be difficult solo if you're interested in getting clears for a Rare Enemy vorseal.
 Asura.Patb
By Asura.Patb 2016-01-15 12:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Fairly easy:
- Trusts work on WKR/WoE rules (can resummon, can break party so everyone has their own, etc.)

Some of the NMs in there can be annoying (Sandworm) or dangerous (Mantid), but nothing too terrible. Hall of Mul might be difficult solo if you're interested in getting clears for a Rare Enemy vorseal.

So I can basically farm up a few runs in a row and it won't cost as much as it used to?

I know the earring I want drops from first wave in Mul, so I'll se that as my goal for now. Hopefully a shout or two could get at least one or two more people to come with me to speed things up.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-15 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
Fairly easy:

So I can basically farm up a few runs in a row and it won't cost as much as it used to?

I know the earring I want drops from first wave in Mul, so I'll se that as my goal for now. Hopefully a shout or two could get at least one or two more people to come with me to speed things up.

Be aware that the earring supposedly has a mediocre drop rate. I got mine back in the day when we ran Legion as an event, and I don't think it's quite as bad as the 5% FFXIDB says, but it's probably going to take a while. Maybe find someone else who needs earring and duo with them until you both get one?
 Asura.Patb
By Asura.Patb 2016-01-15 12:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Be aware that the earring supposedly has a mediocre drop rate. I got mine back in the day when we ran Legion as an event, and I don't think it's quite as bad as the 5% FFXIDB says, but it's probably going to take a while. Maybe find someone else who needs earring and duo with them until you both get one?

Is the earring worth the effort?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-15 12:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a flat 3% BPD and you have basically nothing else outside of maybe Andoaa Earring to use in that slot, so it's definitely worth it.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2016-01-15 12:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Does Amalric +1's set bonus beat out Arbatel Loafers +1 on damage when Klimaform is up, assuming using Amalric body/hands/legs/feet or body/hands/feet? I'm using 2 different sets.

I found this in the SCH forum for you:

Chimerawizard said: »
If you only have 2 pieces of amalric +1, the difference weighs in favor of wearing amalric +1 feet; more +1 bring favor back toward af3+1 feet.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-01-15 13:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly easy:

Veiled Ironclad is the boss of Hall of Muru. You'd be best off spamming that since it only spawns once in Mul, but spawns on every wave after the 2nd in Muru.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-15 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Is the earring worth the effort?

Sylph.Oraen said: »
It's a flat 3% BPD and you have basically nothing else outside of maybe Andoaa Earring to use in that slot, so it's definitely worth it.

It's definitely the best but there are a few other options for ear that can tide you over- Andoaa like you said, Domesticator's for physical BP's, augmented add-on earrings for magical BP's... I'd just farm up an Esper Earring. Even if it takes a straight week of farming, it's well ahead of other options and unlikely to be surpassed.
 Asura.Patb
By Asura.Patb 2016-01-15 14:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly easy:

Veiled Ironclad is the boss of Hall of Muru. You'd be best off spamming that since it only spawns once in Mul, but spawns on every wave after the 2nd in Muru.

Will it drop from there? Wikis only have it listed from first wave of Mul.

Edit: I read the wiki wrong. Thanks for that tip, that will make it much easier!
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-01-16 05:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
Shiva.Hiep said: »

I found this in the SCH forum for you:

If you only have 2 pieces of amalric +1, the difference weighs in favor of wearing amalric +1 feet; more +1 bring favor back toward af3+1 feet.

???? you Hiep
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-17 15:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

can you place furnishings on the second floor? (how?)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-17 15:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You do it the same way you do on the first- the only minor difference is that you can only use the main menu's Mog House option rather than main menu or the moogle.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-17 22:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
You've obviously broken it, but deleting a specific registry dat in your character's folder should remedy the situation.
Hang on a minute.

I never said anything about registry editing. There aren't even folders for individual characters in the registry.

What he's talking about is an unrelated bug that rarely occurs. I gather that it generally doesn't persist after relogging on both accounts.

You should also note that what you suggested doesn't work across POL accounts, and he was discussion a situation involving two separate characters.
 Sylph.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-18 10:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, does anyone know where in the formula the damage boost mythic weapons give to the respective ws is applied?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-18 10:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a full 30% boost that includes all hits.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-18 11:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so it's a flat *1,3 at the end of the wsd calculation? O_O
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-18 12:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Sylph.Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-18 12:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

huge! thank you.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-01-19 03:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how exactly the calculations work for Mana Wall with Job Points? I know without them it's -DT -> Mana Wall % -> Phalanx, do JPs add to the Mana Wall %, or are they a separate value added somewhere after the fact?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 01:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it ever revealed what the apparitions are that you see upon obtaining a relic or what happened to the former weilders? If memory serves, the Taru who weilded Claustrum stands in modern day Windurst Waters with a Fire Staff but his 'ghost' is seen when gaining Claustrum.

Are the former owners imprinted on the sentient weapons or is the shard of necropsyche an actual shard of that person's psyche?

Kayeel-Payeel is still alive and IIRC, the Tribune article implied Elivira is still alive, though she isn't the ghost seen when claiming Annihilator. So, are parts of the former users trapped in Dynamis or are most of them dead with Elivira passing on the Annihilator and surviving and K.P. possibly opening the Gate of Tartarus to escape, making them special cases?

This always confused me after they added K.P. to current day Windurst.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-21 05:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Was it ever revealed what the apparitions are that you see upon obtaining a relic or what happened to the former weilders? If memory serves, the Taru who weilded Claustrum stands in modern day Windurst Waters with a Fire Staff but his 'ghost' is seen when gaining Claustrum.

The ghost in the Claustrum cutscene is "Umon-Paumon" who is a cutscene-only NPC, not Kayeel-Payeel.

And since you mentioned Elivira not being the NPC (whose name is Elrica who is also a cutscene-only NPC) in the gun relic cutscene, it appears that this isn't a unique case for the staff and those weapons were passed down to different NPCs at some point during the war.

We know that the Hydra Corps who was the special unit of the alliance were decked with relic weapons and armor (which were crafted for them by unnamed master crafters) and my interpretation is that, some of the relic weapons may have been given to them as a matter of devotion to the cause by the original holders who weren't going to fight in the Northlands.

Edit: I have found an old post from a dev team member on the official forums which had confirmed that Elivira's Annihilator was passed down to Elrica. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/16618-Elivira-vs.-Elrica?p=301992&viewfull=1#post301992

I guess they had to retcon some details regarding relic weapons when they released WotG. They must have wanted to create new NPCs as the true owners of some of the relic weapons but then didn't bother to explain how they were passed down to the ones shown in the relic quests.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-01-21 11:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How potent is the resist stun from Onca suit? I dunno if +90 means like +90% or it means like +90 elemental resistance/magic evasion like a bar spell would be. Sucjs there's no barstun thst you can stack with barthunder and this outfit to potentially block *** stun spammers.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-21 11:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it's 90%. Was extremely potent when tanking Sovereign Behemoth.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-21 13:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you still need to wait for the weekly tally to rank up in campaign?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-21 13:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a one hour wait after your last evaluation if you have the appropriate Rhapsodies KI.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-21 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
How potent is the resist stun from Onca suit? I dunno if +90 means like +90% or it means like +90 elemental resistance/magic evasion like a bar spell would be. Sucjs there's no barstun thst you can stack with barthunder and this outfit to potentially block *** stun spammers.
Seems to be a flat 90%, which might also be the cap. I'll be doing some testing with gear/traits (including Resist All stuff) to see if I can verify any caps. So far, only thing I can say conclusively is that Tenacity (supposedly +15% resist all) and Onca Suit does not provide stun immunity.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-21 13:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's a one hour wait after your last evaluation if you have the appropriate Rhapsodies KI.
Oh, whew.

I couldn't recall if they modified that or not.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-01-21 14:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens when you wear an afterglow instrument and an afterglow weapon at the same time? Which glow works?
First Page 2 3 ... 416 417 418 ... 836 837 838