Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 417 418 419 ... 831 832 833
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-21 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Was it ever revealed what the apparitions are that you see upon obtaining a relic or what happened to the former weilders? If memory serves, the Taru who weilded Claustrum stands in modern day Windurst Waters with a Fire Staff but his 'ghost' is seen when gaining Claustrum.

The ghost in the Claustrum cutscene is "Umon-Paumon" who is a cutscene-only NPC, not Kayeel-Payeel.

And since you mentioned Elivira not being the NPC (whose name is Elrica who is also a cutscene-only NPC) in the gun relic cutscene, it appears that this isn't a unique case for the staff and those weapons were passed down to different NPCs at some point during the war.

We know that the Hydra Corps who was the special unit of the alliance were decked with relic weapons and armor (which were crafted for them by unnamed master crafters) and my interpretation is that, some of the relic weapons may have been given to them as a matter of devotion to the cause by the original holders who weren't going to fight in the Northlands.

Edit: I have found an old post from a dev team member on the official forums which had confirmed that Elivira's Annihilator was passed down to Elrica. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/16618-Elivira-vs.-Elrica?p=301992&viewfull=1#post301992

I guess they had to retcon some details regarding relic weapons when they released WotG. They must have wanted to create new NPCs as the true owners of some of the relic weapons but then didn't bother to explain how they were passed down to the ones shown in the relic quests.
Thanks, I didn't realize K.P. wasn't the ghost that gives you Claustrum, I also didn't see that dev post. I DO recall that Ragnarok's wielder doesn't actually wield it during the time of WoTG. I think the Tribune named Elivira as a previous owner of Annihilator prior to WoTG though. I think it was a custom made weapon passed down to her from her father.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-21 14:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
What happens when you wear an afterglow instrument and an afterglow weapon at the same time? Which glow works?
Mainhand takes priority.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-01-22 10:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant find it on bg-wiki

Which WP# does Warder of Dignity pop at?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-22 10:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Cant find it on bg-wiki

Which WP# does Warder of Dignity pop at?

I can't remember which portal it is but that warder pops in one of the sky god islands where the limules are.
By dustinfoley 2016-01-22 10:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BG wiki says on limule island, so island 4
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-01-22 11:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, really appreciate it!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-22 21:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a LSmate that refuses to believe the fotia gorgets/belts works just like the old elemental gorgets/belts and instead believe its gives +10%WSD as described on the item.

Is there anyone that has a link to some testing of this ?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-22 21:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have thorough typed out/screenshotted testing on the forum or anything, but I personally tested them the update they came out using a ranged WS on rabbits in Ronfaure. The gorget and belt were increasing damage by 25/256 fTP, not a flat 10%; just like the old ones.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-23 00:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's part of them being more transparent.
25รท246=0.09765625 or 9.765625% aka "+10%"

The easiest way to show your LSmate that it's not WSdmg is to use two weaponskills twice: 2x 1hit, and 2x xhit where the fTP transfers.
Once with the gorget+belt, and once without.
He'll see that the single hit's damage doesn't increase dramatically, while the xhit does. (be sure to keep everything but the belt and gorget the same, and don't replace them with +stat pieces. The slots need to be empty, otherwise you're likely adding to the stat mod or even fSTR, which will distort the example.)

Were it WSdmg, the inverse would be seen.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-23 00:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged and magical WS that don't scale with TP (or are used with the same TP each time) are easier/clearer than sampling a physical melee WS since their damage formulas don't have as much variance (ranged pDIF has no variance at ratio cap, hence Llewelyn's choice of test instrument). Flash Nova would also work well, for example. 3.0 fTP, doesn't scale. The difference between WSD+10% and fTP+0.1 would be readily apparent.
[+]
 Asura.Avechu
Server: Asura
user: Avechu
By Asura.Avechu 2016-01-23 11:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The Timing on Capacity chains, how does it work? I know there is more to it then just killing something within 30 sec, especially when cleaving, I can't figure it out on my own. Sometimes I get much longer then 30 sec when I kill like 16 mobs at once, but if one at a time after 15 it wears really fast...idk is there a formula or an addon or something to more accurately track this?
By zaxtiss 2016-01-23 11:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

whats teh fastest quests to get avatar access?
 Odin.Madotsuki
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2016-01-23 18:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning to the game after a long hiatus/retirement, looking to make Fotia Gorget to cut down inventory space. Unfortunately for me that means I need to make quite a few gorgets; is there an optimal region of sea for Yovra farming?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-23 18:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yovra in the northern regions of Al'taieu are guaranteed to drop at least one organ. There's not many of them and they take one hour to repop, so you'll have to roam a bit.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-23 19:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Perfidien and Plouton conditions the same across all zones?

Was trying to pop in head zone. Got both upgraded while mindlessly Firaja-ing the first wave, started MB kill near the end and finished up on Boss wave. Was planning to pop Perf on last guy of first set, Wave 3, but 4 step didn't cause an upgrade. Also couldn't seem to get the "MB without killing" upgrade that you normally go for in elemental zone.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-23 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »

Was trying to pop in head zone. Got both upgraded while mindlessly Firaja-ing the first wave, started MB kill near the end and finished up on Boss wave. Was planning to pop Perf on last guy of first set, Wave 3, but 4 step didn't cause an upgrade. Also couldn't seem to get the "MB without killing" upgrade that you normally go for in elemental zone.
Hard to say with Deathborne Gate since the enemies there don't have an elemental weakness, as far as I know (for the MB kills).

In regards to the MB without killing, it has to do a certain % of the enemy's health (which on elementals appears to be 5k HP, or around 50% as I recall), so it would certainly be possible on any non-NM. At least I recall not getting any progress when trying to MB on NMs.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-23 19:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »

Hard to say with Deathborne Gate since the enemies there don't have an elemental weakness, as far as I know (for the MB kills).

In regards to the MB without killing, it has to do a certain % of the enemy's health (which on elementals appears to be 5k HP, or around 50% as I recall), so it would certainly be possible on any non-NM. At least I recall not getting any progress when trying to MB on NMs.

Thanks for the insight, thought without killing was a pure damage threshold vs % of HP so I may have dumbed down the damage too much. I don't think I did, was still doing a good amount, but worth considering..may also be better to do during first wave for this reason.

Actually ended up getting MB kills just fine, it was the fact that 4 step didn't pop that made me think something was different. So ended up 2/3 Perf and 1/3 Plut, didn't even bother trying the 6 step once 4 step failed. From log actually looks like I ended up doing 5-step probably out of confusion of music not changing after 4.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-23 19:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire 3rd wave of fomors are all considered NMs, so you can't get any messages on those, if those are the mobs you were trying to pop Perf/Plouton on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2016-01-23 19:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
The entire 3rd wave of fomors are all considered NMs, so you can't get any messages on those, if those are the mobs you were trying to pop Perf/Plouton on.

That would be it, thanks!
By Jetackuu 2016-01-23 21:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Which part of the Outer Ruins does one find the #8 suit of Cardians?

nvm
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-24 15:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

what trusts are good for ranged dmg and magic dmg? I know theirs a few of each, but iv never rly been able to test them out
By Sidiov 2016-01-24 16:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
what trusts are good for ranged dmg and magic dmg? I know theirs a few of each, but iv never rly been able to test them out
Shantotto II for magic
I prefer either Tenzen II for ranged/making SC or elvira for just ranged
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-24 16:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Semih is a pretty good ranger as well.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-24 17:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

do vorseals unlocked in one escha zone count in another escha zone?
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-01-24 19:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. For things like NMs/mobs killed it's total killed in the 3 zones combined, too.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-24 19:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

do vorseals unlocked in one escha zone count in another escha zone?
Yep! Otherwise you'd never cap them.

For ranged, I'd rank Semih, Elivira, and Tenzen as the best. For magic, I'd put Shantotto II (by far the best), Kayeel-Payeel (probably 2nd best), Teodor, Ullegore, and Arciela 2 as all great. Kukki-Chebukki is pretty good but will only cast nukes of the current day of the week, which can be pretty hit or miss.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-24 23:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Food questions

1: Are there other ways to increase food duration besides sanction ?
2: Is there a way to increase sanction time (more than 6 hours)?
3: Is there a way to refresh sanction without having to leave zone ?
4: Is there any DD food that last more than 3 hours ?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-01-25 00:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

1. One of the blessings in escha (wisdom) doubles(?) the food duration.
2. No.
3. No.
4. HQ versions of 3hr NQ foods, such as Marinara Pizza+1 (4hr).
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-01-25 00:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

TY vin

Do you know what to kill /do to get that blessing ?
And does it stack with sanction food increase ?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-01-25 00:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Blessings are obtained zone-wide when you kill the Domain Invasion dragon, though I'm not sure how long they last, and which ones you get seem to be randomly determined. You can see which blessings are active by talking to the Escha NPC that you get tribulens and stuff from.

As for stacking, well, I'm not sure. Never tried it!
First Page 2 3 ... 417 418 419 ... 831 832 833