Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 415 416 417 ... 839 840 841
By fonewear 2016-01-11 19:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think it is funny it is 2016 and we still got crabs...apex crabs that is!
By fonewear 2016-01-11 19:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Far as CP party goes after about two hours...it gets very tedious so I drink...then go back to afk.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-01-11 19:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So I made the decision the other day to spruce up my sets in general and I started with getting well augmented Taeon feet with DW for my THF.

Now I haven't done a huge amount of Alluvion Skirmish and ended up getting frustrated with the amount of stones I needed to use to get the augments I desired, which was basically using Snowslit, Leafslit and Dusktip.

Out of curiosity how soloable are the skirmishes? I would technically be dual boxing but my mule would basically be there to cure + buff in rala/cirdas and be book *** in Yorcia.

Like, what tier skirmishes should I expect to clear if any, I have seen that you can do a Yorcia Sash run easy enough but ideally I want to get leafslit and dusktip and sash favours orbs.

Obviously in the long run if I can do that to the point I don't need augments, stones are still big sellers which is promising too.

If you don't care about the quality (just type) of stones, doing tier I or II visages is definitely doable with yourself and trusts. Rala and Cirdas would drop your snowslit stones. If I recall, using Eudaemon Blade increases the droprate of snowslit. You will also get leafslit from those zones as well. If you don't care about the weapons, the nms in Cirdas are generally easier to handle than the ones in Rala.

For Dusktip, use Eudaemon Shield in Yorcia. Keep a book *** on so when your thief kills the mobs for puissance, you can pop mobs quicker. You can likely get away with using T3 visage if you are dualboxing, but I would also have some Obsidian Fragments ready to convert for the 3rd floor and beyond. Personally, I could only get 4 floors done if the last floor was a boss floor.

Good luck!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-11 23:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Far as CP party goes after about two hours...it gets very tedious so I drink...then go back to afk.

thats why i had issues leveling back in the day. I already have sleep issues from lots of different problems. It leaves me hard to focus most of the time; that fuzzy cloud in your head kinda feeling. So when it came time to grind levels back in the 6 man pt days long before aby, i could only go so long before i could barely pay attention. Which is... problematic. I managed, but often time i wasnt to eager to get into an xp pt. Of course that was aided by my first job being drk. So i wasnt getting to many invites half the time anyway'
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-01-12 00:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a quick/easy way to kill tenodera? It's obviously not challenging, but taking 10 minutes a kill is ridiculous and it's tough to keep both melee/mages buffed without bringing a huge amount of people/characters.
 Hades.Rushe
Server: Hades
user: Rushe
By Hades.Rushe 2016-01-12 02:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitting Tenodera with a weaponskill while it readies Exorender seems to proc it.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-01-12 05:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to re acquire SCH AF pants "Scholar's Pants". I believe a long time ago I maybe tossed them before slips came out. I have the quest downward helix complete and when I talk to Loussaire all he says is thank you for helping him. Should I just acquire the necessary keyitems for the pants then try talking to him or is something else stopping me from picking the pants quest from him?
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-01-12 06:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I tried to pick up one of the key items "Indescript markings" but it will not give me the keyitem. Guess I have to have Loussaire pick the pants first but he just will not say anything else.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-01-12 06:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok another weird question. NPC Monisette that does the artifact and relic reforging. Do you have to wait till the next game day AFTER picking up a piece? She will not take a upgrade for my relic body nor my artifact head reforged into +1. She only takes the chapters to hold. I have tried every combination and nothing happens. Never had trouble before nor remember having to wait a extra day to turn in another piece.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-01-12 06:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Voidwatch Campaign apply to Provenance as well?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-01-12 07:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Provenance battles never had light alignment values that affect drop rate of items and abjurations
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2016-01-12 07:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Ok another weird question. NPC Monisette that does the artifact and relic reforging. Do you have to wait till the next game day AFTER picking up a piece? She will not take a upgrade for my relic body nor my artifact head reforged into +1. She only takes the chapters to hold. I have tried every combination and nothing happens. Never had trouble before nor remember having to wait a extra day to turn in another piece.

Nope. I pick one up and drop one right back off all the time. Just to make sure...you are trading everything required at once, right? If she is holding chapters you need to take them out of her hold and trade in with everything else. She will not just put chapters held by her towards your upgrade.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-01-12 07:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Guthrie thank you for the reply that worked! Now to only figure out how to redo scholar artifact quest line.
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2016-01-12 11:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In lower jeuno magic shop there is a NPC on the left hand side when you walk in that should be able to reset AF quests that you've already completed in full.

I think you need to have 0 of the AF left at the standard level in order for this to work, but could be wrong on that one.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-01-12 12:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Provenance battles never had light alignment values that affect drop rate of items and abjurations
Provenance battles don't have visible lights, but they absolutely track light values as far as key items are concerned. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they also mattered for drops.
 Sylph.Aeo
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-01-12 17:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Go to your POL files -> Square Enix -> FFXI -> USER. Figure out which folder is your desired character and copy the contents of that folder over to every other folder there.

I did this and it worked great for macros... however, now my mule seems to think he is my main. He is listed twice in the party on the bottom right. Solo, party, either way, two of him listed. Any idea how to fix it?
 Sylph.Pabu
user: Pabuchu
By Sylph.Pabu 2016-01-12 22:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What seed grows the cherry blossom looking tree in the furrows? The one shown on the ffxiclopedia garden furrows page.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-01-12 22:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it's great root

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/21235.html
 Sylph.Pabu
user: Pabuchu
By Sylph.Pabu 2016-01-12 22:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Looks like it's Great Root

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/21235.html

Great ^^
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-12 23:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how true shot works on WS?

1. Does true shot bonus apply on the full WS damage, or first hit only? So say if I have 10% true shot bonus, do I only get 5% from last stand since last stand is 2 hits and 10% dmg bonus only apply on 1st hit?

2. Do I still get small amount of true shot bonus instead of 0% bonus damage if I'm 1 step away from sweet spot? Say if I have 10% true shot bonus, marksmanship sweet spot is 4'5 yalms, and I WS at 4 yalms instead of 4'5, do I still get certain amount of true shot bonus since I'm quite close to sweet spot?
By Draylo 2016-01-12 23:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do multiple sphere effects from gear stack even though theres only one icon?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-12 23:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Do multiple sphere effects from gear stack even though theres only one icon?

Different sphere stacks, same sphere doesn't.
Source: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sphere
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-01-13 05:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the fastest was to accumulate Moblin Marbles? How long does it take to get x of marbles to buy equipment piece B?
By FaeQueenCory 2016-01-13 07:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Aeo said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Go to your POL files -> Square Enix -> FFXI -> USER. Figure out which folder is your desired character and copy the contents of that folder over to every other folder there.

I did this and it worked great for macros... however, now my mule seems to think he is my main. He is listed twice in the party on the bottom right. Solo, party, either way, two of him listed. Any idea how to fix it?
You've obviously broken it, but deleting a specific registry dat in your character's folder should remedy the situation.
Though iirc that'll delete macro data too... Or it might not.
I honestly can't recall.

It was a really bad suggestion to do that if you just wanted to copy macros.
The basic back-up/restore function (now the + key on character select) will let you transfer macro and config settings between characters.
Just save X character to a slot, then highlight character Q, push + and select load.
Then select the slot you saved X's data to.
This will load: map markers, config settings, macros and equipsets to Q.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-01-13 15:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
In lower jeuno magic shop there is a NPC on the left hand side when you walk in that should be able to reset AF quests that you've already completed in full.

I think you need to have 0 of the AF left at the standard level in order for this to work, but could be wrong on that one.

^

You are correct about the 0 level 50-60 AF requirement. If all the AF you currently have is upgraded to at least 109, then you can re-obtain the quest.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-14 17:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have this issue regarding Vegetable Vegetable Evolution. Midras cutscene in Yorcia Weald but he says I don't know the Tenshodo even though I have membership card. I got the card after I talked to the ??? if it makes any difference. I can't continue in the quest. I used a Tenshodo Invite to get the card though if that makes any difference.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-01-14 17:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Traditional melees are generally *** and get by on solo'ing/slower parties or friends' charity. That's not to say they can't do just as well, it's just more work and no one wants that.

aint that the truth. Ppl have become lazy and/or selfish. Even simple stuff. Just the other day i was shouting for 8 synths with reward 100k. Ironically, it was blizzy that was first to respond. He asked what i was making - vexed gear from the items i got during the log in campaign. To which i received a reply saying the reward wasnt worth his time to craft that because it could be hqed. (as someone that hates selfish ppl and as someone thats crafted hundreds of items for strangers.. for free.. That kinda pissed me off.) Hq or not, it was 8 synths. Thats what? 100k for 2-3 minutes of 'work'

Eventually i got ahold of master tarutaru, Nubbinater. He was willing to do them for me. Coincidentally enough he actually did hq one of them. So i offered for him to make me another one once i get mets (was short a few for an extra) and he could keep the hq. In the end he just bought me one nq and walked away with the 100k plus the HQ vexed item for his troubles.

Few days later i had another one for the remaining vexed item. A whole 2 synths this time (was a different craft. LC instead of GS) Was talking to mysticferret to see if she was willing to try. Because i didnt know anyone else on the server that had the skill. Then the moment i ask her if shes willing to try this, when ever she had the time, i get a fast reply <i dont understand english> Eventually a guy named acidic did them for me.

But it annoys me how so many are not willing to help others out anymore. Whether its more involved or something as simple as a synth. (And then complain ppl arnt at there level.) Personally, i always liked it when someone asked me to make them something. Or when i got complements or thanks yours for some of the crafting guides i made for everyone.

just to prove the point'
Took a whole 2 minuets out of my day. I was offered 50k but turned it down.

Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-01-14 19:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to turn off Avatar/Geomancer/Trust glow effects? When I'm around three or more it makes the game completely unplayable. : /
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-01-15 06:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people use Grioavolr over Lathi? Does it work like Chatoyant Staff?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-15 06:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Why do people use Grioavolr over Lathi? Does it work like Chatoyant Staff?

Grioavolr with high MP augments is supposedly superior to path A Lathi for Death.

Grioavolr with good INT/macc/mab augments just supplies a massive amount more macc for nuking.

Don't think it's possible to have Grioavolr outperform Lathi for pure damage, but the extra macc is enormous.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 415 416 417 ... 839 840 841