Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 394 395 396 ... 841 842 843
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-20 10:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
Anyone here fought the big bomb unm yet? I totally got trashed both attemps with my mule and npcs lol. I can live through his fire breath move but his nukes are too stronk :( I guess its time to bring back the oh so awesome fire sets? or aegis it up :o Got him to 49% before my anus gave up from penetration.
RUN tank works pretty well, though unless they have Epeolatry, they'll want to sub NIN. Since his only offensive spells are Firaga V, Fire VI, and Flare II, despite his fast cast you stand a good chance to blink them, and Unda Wards can protect against Firaga. GEO Vex/Attunement also works if you can't get a RUN.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-09-20 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have searched around on forums unable to find anything in stone.

What would be the best way to farm tokens for mythic? Do you spam NI or uncharted and which floors are best for collecting most points without spending to much?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-20 15:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

96-100+ in normal, don't solo if you can avoid it

aside from the cost to warp up, a group of 3 can easily pull 2-3x the tokens per person reducing what could be a grueling 18h+ farm to 6-9 hours.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-09-20 16:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Comeatmebro. I'll try and find people on this dead server sometime. ^^ Finished the assaults a couple of hours ago.

As for InherJar I guess its just spam Tier 3's?
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-20 19:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason Gear Swap isn't changing gear for Mighty Guard at all? Just hasn't been added to the include?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-20 22:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Staley look me up for Nyzul, still miss 20k tokens myself ;p
By Aeyela 2015-09-21 03:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Is there a reason Gear Swap isn't changing gear for Mighty Guard at all? Just hasn't been added to the include?

Somebody posted this problem in the Gearswap Support Thread
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-21 03:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »

Somebody posted this problem in the Gearswap Support Thread
Thanks!
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-21 07:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good 6-man setup for Palloritus?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-09-21 07:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD WHM GEO is a good base.

We currently use BLMx2 SCH as the damage dealers. We just manawall/aga the first wave

BST, SMN, BLU, PUP, can replace no problem.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-21 09:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The first wave enemies are about as defensive as your average Escha Sky enemy, so either a good aoe job or any DD that can rip them apart with a WS or two. They can overwhelm an overly aggressive mage spamming aoe's, or the healer keeping them alive, so bear that in mind. The corses are also not too crazy but have a little more HP.

Be much more careful when you get to the 3rd wave, those fomors can be incredibly dangerous. I'd recommend against beating them down with aoe unless it's well coordinated since the 1hrs and WSs they use can decimate vulnerable players with little effort (example: Mighty Stikes Fell Cleave for 2k). The final group that appears with Palloritus are, if I remember right, the same strength as the first wave.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-09-21 18:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Vagary NMs have HP scaling (increased/decreased by # of alliance members)?

I was under the impression the answer is no and always has been, but I've heard multiple people say this was changed in September update. Looking at the notes, I only see that September update changed Incursion and Delve to have decreased NM HP for Incursion and Delve, but nothing about Vagary HP scaling so I think they're misreading this (as it was mentioned right after the notes about the new Vagary KI redemption system). Please let me know if that's not correct or I overlooked something in this or a previous update.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-21 18:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They do not have HP scaling.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-25 22:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a known cap on Quick Magic?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-09-25 23:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
EDIT:
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Quick magic cap %?
There shouldn't be one other than 100%.
Since it's a % chance like DA/TA/QA/Dakken/KAs/etc.

There was some guy who tested that it capped out at ~10%

http://blog.livedoor.jp/luteff11/archives/43046191.html
By Draylo 2015-09-25 23:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't read any of that sadly, but I'm guessing he was thorough enough to determine that?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-09-25 23:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't really read it either, but I think this part "上記画像時は21%想定で49/481で10.18%" is saying he has 21% quickcast at the time of testing, but only got 49/481 procs. Perhaps someone who can read it will chime in!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-26 00:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks good to me. My 2AM math says the P-value is sub .0001. It's also sub .01 for a 15% expectation (and I doubt they would cap it at something random like 12%).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-09-26 00:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

if he was getting anywhere close to his full 21% then 481 samples would be more than sufficient enough to see it. We can't explicitly say without a shadow of a doubt that the cap is exactly 10%, but it is certainly around there and it most certainly does have a cap. I would be exceedingly surprised if it was any more than 10%

Unfortunate, but with how much haste, fast cast, and magic school cast-% there is on gear these days it isn't a huge detriment.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-26 01:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Good, means I can forget about the augmented dalm.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-09-26 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Another monster rearing question!

Doing Behemoth cub and I saw getting Skormoth will give you +9% CP and resist amnesia +10.

However!
*Wiki sounds like the evolution path is Cub>Behemoth>KingBehemoth>Elasmoth>Skormoth

*Bgwiki sounds like evolution path is splits to cub>Behemoth>KingBehemoth and cub>Elasmoth>Skormoth

(No indication of evolution food for Elas/Skor)

Has anyone evolved their Behe into an Elasmoth/Skormoth? If so, what food did you use and what stage did it evolve (cub/behe/KB)?
By Aeyela 2015-09-26 16:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Ranger's 100 JP bonus "Reduces ranged attack delay while under the effects of Velocity Shot by 5%" count as Snapshot and therefore is subject to the 80% cap or is it separate?
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-09-26 16:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question, I just finished Ochain to 85 and I'm working on the Azdaja stage. Meanwhile does the 85 Shield have the same really high block rate?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-09-26 17:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Another question, I just finished Ochain to 85 and I'm working on the Azdaja stage. Meanwhile does the 85 Shield have the same really high block rate?
No, despite its appearance, 85 Ochain is a perfectly normal size 3 shield, and has a normal shield's block rate.

The lvl 90 version is a size 6 shield, and has the overwhelming block rate.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-09-26 17:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Playtime in Dynamis will have to wait!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-26 22:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Another monster rearing question!

Doing Behemoth cub and I saw getting Skormoth will give you +9% CP and resist amnesia +10.

However!
*Wiki sounds like the evolution path is Cub>Behemoth>KingBehemoth>Elasmoth>Skormoth

*Bgwiki sounds like evolution path is splits to cub>Behemoth>KingBehemoth and cub>Elasmoth>Skormoth

(No indication of evolution food for Elas/Skor)

Has anyone evolved their Behe into an Elasmoth/Skormoth? If so, what food did you use and what stage did it evolve (cub/behe/KB)?
Results aren't in yet, some people who edit the wikis are just outright speculating. For science, I've tried feeding my 3 star cub as many different meats (except shanks) and no squirm message so far. Beastly Shank will make a cub go to normal Behemoth at 1.5 stars though, which seems to be just a speeding up process. I'm speculating that King/Skormoth/Elasmoth are all stage 3 since they're generally HNM status.

I am suspecting that from a adult Behemoth, Savory at 1.5 will make a King Behemoth, and other meats (Gabbrath and perhaps Hydra) will make the other two at 2.5 stars. The only thing I can say for sure is don't go feeding 'em your Savories yet.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-09-27 00:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel dumb for having yet to figure this out, but now that the drawdistance pluigin is depreciated, how do I adjust drawdistance settings within the config plugin that replaced it's purpose?
First Page 2 3 ... 394 395 396 ... 841 842 843