Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 395 396 397 ... 836 837 838
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-09-27 00:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I feel dumb for having yet to figure this out, but now that the drawdistance pluigin is depreciated, how do I adjust drawdistance settings within the config plugin that replaced it's purpose?

I replied to your other question here but maybe was an unsatisfactory/incomplete answer.

Again, I think the red text upon log-in indicates that it is a hot-key combination (like ALT+F10 or such) no?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-27 00:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

plugins--->settings--->config
[+]
By Careman 2015-09-27 16:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this in tech support, wasn't Lucky. I'll try here too!
I'll copy and paste.

Hello

Decided to get back to ffxi for awhile, haven't played since february. 
So yesterday when I quit work I stayed with my laptop to update all that needed to update. 
I could log on on all of my 3 characters with no problem at all. 

But when I got home and wanted to log back on, playonline started to act weird. Right when I choose my account and type my password to login, playonline gets super slow and I can't really get anywhere.
Shouldn't be anything wrong with my internet connection, have been playing without any trouble before.

Have been searching for clues online, but no luck! Trying my luck here before I reinstall the entire game since I dont have unlimited traffic on my internet for the update at this time.

Cheers!

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
By Artemicion 2015-09-27 18:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Artemicion said: »
I feel dumb for having yet to figure this out, but now that the drawdistance pluigin is depreciated, how do I adjust drawdistance settings within the config plugin that replaced it's purpose?

I replied to your other question here but maybe was an unsatisfactory/incomplete answer.

Again, I think the red text upon log-in indicates that it is a hot-key combination (like ALT+F10 or such) no?

Sorry about that, for some reason even with config installed, the presets of alt and ctrl + F10 didn't do anything, but now that I fiddled with the settings file (thank you Kyte!) I am enjoying this game at buttery smooth 60FPS and I couldn't be more pleased!

Also the draw distance/clipping plane has been increased, but as to how I adjust it I'm still working out.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-09-28 09:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As for new Capacity points Apex mobs, I say this deserves it's own thread with info so everyone can know what's there and where to go.
By Aeyela 2015-09-28 10:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird bug in Abyssea that's not letting me summon trusts. After killing something I wanted to swap trusts, dismissed one and tried summoning:

Quote:
You cannot use Trust magic while having gained enmity

Thought, okay, zoned through the flux... Same problem. Logged out, logged back in, fixed it.

Happened again just now, but I've only just entered the zone, how can I have any enmity?

This happening to anyone else?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-09-28 11:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That is odd. What zone? What were you killing?
By Careman 2015-09-28 12:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Careman said: »
Posted this in tech support, wasn't Lucky. I'll try here too!
I'll copy and paste.

Hello

Decided to get back to ffxi for awhile, haven't played since february. 
So yesterday when I quit work I stayed with my laptop to update all that needed to update. 
I could log on on all of my 3 characters with no problem at all. 

But when I got home and wanted to log back on, playonline started to act weird. Right when I choose my account and type my password to login, playonline gets super slow and I can't really get anywhere.
Shouldn't be anything wrong with my internet connection, have been playing without any trouble before.

Have been searching for clues online, but no luck! Trying my luck here before I reinstall the entire game since I dont have unlimited traffic on my internet for the update at this time.

Cheers!

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Really could use more information and might be a better question for SE official support ticket though they can take some time to reply. What OS are you using, what are your computer specs (process, video card), have you upgraded your drivers recently, what about your OS? Sounds to me like you're running on software driven video and the moment anything that requires hardware driven graphics happens your comp slows to a crawl, which is what happens when you try to run games or applications that use much graphics without hardware acceleration.

I can log in and play with my phones internet though. It's the same ISP as my usb-modem. Somehow it just doesn't work.
By Draylo 2015-09-28 15:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the ID for Mighty Guard?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Bongarippa 2015-09-28 16:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this has been answered, but does ws dmg + on an offhand affect ws's or only if its on the mainhand weapon?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-28 21:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just logged on and Playonline said they had a new update, not FFXI. Once I updated, I tried to log on but kept getting a ID/PW error. Anyone else experiencing this? I even reset my PW on playonline.com and it's still not working.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-09-28 22:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently the max CP you can gain from 1 mob is 65535 :p

had a 11 corsair's roll from a cor in party and trizek ring

I might be wrong
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-28 22:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We already knew that, the parameter in the packet won't go above 65535(2 bytes, unsigned). It's possible you're actually gaining more and it's not being displayed, but it'd make sense for it to be the cap since mismatched display would be weird.
By Aeyela 2015-09-29 03:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth getting Chante du Cygne for PLD? Getting mixed answers to this one.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-09-29 03:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Only time you wouldn't use it is when you have excess TP to opt for Savage Blade and there isn't an SC window for CDC at that moment or you're floored accuracy in which case you'd *maybe* use Atonement since you're probably using a Magic Burst setup and don't want to mess up SCs.
By Aeyela 2015-09-29 03:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thanks!
 Valefor.Teratron
Server: Valefor
user: Exatron
By Valefor.Teratron 2015-09-29 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping to ask a couple quick questions about Skirmish augments. I only recently came back after several months away, and was only back then for a fairly short time after several years away. Suffice it to say, I've been doing a lot of catch up work. One of the things that I'm trying to work towards is eventually being able to pick up and play, if not all, at least most jobs well. The fact that the Skirmish armor sets have been multi-job has helped a lot with that. I've been working toward collecting them all. I'm at the point that between what I've already collected, my stored wings, and the Red Mog Pells I've stashed away on my mules, I either have or have easy access to nearly all the 119 Skirmish equips.

With the Skirmish augmentation event ending tomorrow morning, I want to wrap up what I can of the original equip sets and start burning through my stockpile of Wailing Stones. After looking through it a bit, it seems like all the weapons outside the staff have been eclipsed by the Alluvion versions, and much of the armor has as well. However, some of the pieces still look really good to me as macro pieces for at least some of the jobs that use them. With all that in mind, I've come up with this list of what pieces I want to augment, and what augments I'm aiming for.

Lehbrailg - MAcc

Gendewitha Head and Body - Cure Potency
Gendewitha Hands - Cure Spellcasting Time
Gendewitha Legs - Song Spellcasting Time

Hagondes Head, Body, and Legs - MAB
Hagondes Hands - MAcc
Hagondes Feet - Pet MAB

Iuitl Hands - Snapshot

Do these seem appropriate? Are there any other pieces I may be overlooking that are worth augmenting as well, aside from just for PDT/MDT reasons? Or are there other items that may make these not worth the investment?
By nanohamaho 2015-09-29 15:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are any Delve clears doable by 2 jobs + trusts, and if so what are a few good job combinations? Excluding Bst because I just can't >.>;

Also I was wondering if it's worth my time to use nq and +1 stones for skirmish augments? I see a lot of people mention just using +2's.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-09-29 16:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done all zones on SCH with August, Moogle, Star Sibyl and my 2 entry dummies at entrance. Could kick them and summon a couple WHMs for August if you wanted, but I've found as long as he has Daybreak up and Regen V he can take care of himself.
By Aeyela 2015-09-30 06:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Tiamat still have her lengthy respawn windows?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-30 06:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Does Tiamat still have her lengthy respawn windows?
Yes.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-30 11:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a strategy for breaking Escha Caturae shields without having a Cor or enough people to cover damage types? We haven't really been able to figure out a strategy that works 100% of the time, been using Req but can't really gain TP once the shield goes up so hard to do.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-09-30 11:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Does anyone have a strategy for breaking Escha Caturae shields without having a Cor or enough people to cover damage types? We haven't really been able to figure out a strategy that works 100% of the time, been using Req but can't really gain TP once the shield goes up so hard to do.
Literally bring a single SMN.
That covers every damage type except ranged. (Titan's three throws are blunt not ranged damage.)

And for a meh~decent geared SMN, a single BP will drop the shield.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-30 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually bring jobs like THF or SAM using ranged weaponskills. As THF, I can use Last Stand with Donar Gun and Decimating Bullets, and plenty of ranged gear that you'd see on other jobs too. I think Glutinous Dart works too, and ranged attack trusts like Tenzen II or Elivira might be ok. Note also that Selh'teus has a move that gives TP to party members, and he himself has permanent regain.

Lately they've added a variety of good weapons for things like different damage types, or magic attack on jobs that haven't had that before. Suggest to your friends that they try to seek some of those weapons out just for crap like those shields or Kamihr Delve, etc.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-30 11:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried Sam to cover Slashing+Ranged but then blunt came out and just auto lost. Don't really have a Smn, tend to really only have access to Blu, Pld, Sch, Blm, Geo, Sam. Can you explain how Selh'teus works? If I could reliably gain TP on Blu I could cover Slashing+Piercing+Ranged with dart+Magic but still have the blunt issue...I just realized Blu gets club skill. If Sel'teus is reliable I guess that works.

Edit: Whats the best melee club Blu can use?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-30 14:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Selh'teus has like, 250 regain/tick and one of his WSs is aoe HP/MP/TP recovery, though he usually doesn't use it unless you've been taking a beating. I don't use him often so I can't speak much more about it. I've also not tested his regular attacks. August will use most damage types as regular attacks as well.

Nehushtan is probably the best melee club for BLU, but someone more knowledgeable about BLU could provide more info. I'd wager most 119 clubs would get the job done though. You can also set Heavy Strike.

I picked up a loxotic mace for my RUN specifically for these kinds of things. I also mostly sub SAM and carry Icarus Wings. Temp items in Escha can help too, with Monarch's Drinks, and temp wings.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-09-30 14:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm going to have to bring out the ol' /sam for 600 TP meditates.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-30 14:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to mention, in regards to the temp items, you can buy them for like 50-100 silt from Dremi. If you've accumulated plenty of silt, it might be worthwhile to drop a little extra on the wings/Monarch's before fighting those NMs just as a precaution.
First Page 2 3 ... 395 396 397 ... 836 837 838