Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 393 394 395 ... 843 844 845
By Ritual 2015-09-18 10:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you get to Marjami Ravine the firs time? I am trying to get there to get the "Climbing" Key Item, but I appear to be stuck behind something I need to climb to get there...

Only key item I have so far is "Logging", if that helps?
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-18 10:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ritual said: »
How do you get to Marjami Ravine the firs time? I am trying to get there to get the "Climbing" Key Item, but I appear to be stuck behind something I need to climb to get there...

Only key item I have so far is "Logging", if that helps?

I haven't done it in a while but I think the order I got the Adoulin KI in was:

Logging, Smash Rocks, Boating, Climbing, Ice climbing, Weird Orb destroying thing.
By Ritual 2015-09-18 10:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got "Demolishing" actually, still don't think it will get me to Marjami Ravine the route I was trying to take...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-18 11:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Get watercraft, go to west end of foret do hennetiel, and pass through dho gates to marjami
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-18 11:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do trusts boost NM's HP in delve?
By Aeyela 2015-09-18 11:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Do trusts boost NM's HP in delve?

No
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-18 12:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Off topic but back to the High-tier battlefields Sehachan and Jeanpaul were talking about.
Been doing Promathia for the last 2 days on Normal with 3 people. (THF BLU GEO). Seen pretty much all the drops the BCNM has to offer apart from the body at this point. Saying "Normal mode makes drops less likely", is more like, Normal mode virtually requires you to just spam it more. It isn't hard just troublesome to spam, but if your doing the game mostly solo at this point then an opportunity is a-foot for you to get High-tier battlefields done through sheer spam.

Nothing is impossible to get from the battlefields on Normal. It just lowers drop-rates.

Successful duo using 2x SMN on N for Promathia.

I think we need a THF, we haven't gotten jack to drop yet. I can attest to the likelihood of gear drops on N, though, as I have duoed virtually every HTBF in the game on N, and have plenty of gear to show for it.

*Note. My duo partner is an Aegis/Ochain paladin, and I have a good RUN, and we both have good NIN, so your mileage while duoing may vary. Generally speaking, we will go tankjob and THF/RUN for most magic heavy fights, and whatever the heck we want on others.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-09-19 09:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any notes on where Alber Strap drops from?
 Carbuncle.Genzaik
Server: Carbuncle
user: Genzaik
By Carbuncle.Genzaik 2015-09-19 09:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started the mythic weapon quest "Duties, Tasks and Deeds" years ago, and I'm not sure which weapon I chose back then. Is there a way to check it? Paparoon in Nashmau doesn't say anything about it.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-19 09:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

I think we need a THF, we haven't gotten jack to drop yet. I can attest to the likelihood of gear drops on N, though, as I have duoed virtually every HTBF in the game on N, and have plenty of gear to show for it.

I'd say ye for decent drops THF is required on Normal. But in my 3 man crew (1 mule in that), we've got all items but the Bow(Need 2 more) and Sword(Need 1 more) and body now on Normal.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-09-19 10:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Genzaik said: »
I've started the mythic weapon quest "Duties, Tasks and Deeds" years ago, and I'm not sure which weapon I chose back then. Is there a way to check it? Paparoon in Nashmau doesn't say anything about it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I *think* if you ask for it back you can verify before it actually kills your progress? I had started a Nirvana and killed it to start Kenkonken, and I think I remember him asking if I really wanted "X" back?
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-19 10:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say ye for decent drops THF is required on Normal. But in my 3 man crew (1 mule in that), we've got all items but the Bow(Need 2 more) and Sword(Need 1 more) and body now on Normal.

Thank you for that encouragement. Is one of your pt members a thf? I mean, I'm sure I could enable SC for the smn, or vice versa, because it worked so well.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-19 17:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Done a few Normals solo as RUN and seen drops about half the time.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-09-19 17:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for that encouragement. Is one of your pt members a thf? I mean, I'm sure I could enable SC for the smn, or vice versa, because it worked so well.

Yeah one member is a THF. The Mules a THF. I'm on GEO and a PLD or BLU on the other character.
We can do difficult as well but its a bit hit and missy sometimes cause it's a duel boxed character. And Apururu likes to Convert and then instantly get killed by AoE.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-09-19 18:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

About the new abjuration gear, does someone know the level of subcraft needed for the level 111-113 recipes ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-19 21:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All seem to be mid-high 60s. Considering you'd need to break one as you skillup to get it exact, probably not going to have exact #s anytime soon.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-19 23:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caturae, we fought one that kept taking 0 dmg from anything. Blunt, Slashing, Piercing, Magic all 0 dmg. What is it?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-19 23:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ranged or maybe Hand-to-hand. I kind of forget the exact damage-type break down on those.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-09-19 23:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm I didn't know it broke down into that, forget from all my Pil runs lol. Our COR ranged attacks did 0, so maybe hand to hand I'll try punching it and see.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-19 23:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If that doesn't work, then double-check light-SC aligned and dark-SC aligned nukes.
By Draylo 2015-09-19 23:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We ended and the last few pops we killed very quick so I didn't get to test it. It's happened multiple times to me before though where none of those damage types worked, I'll have to remember to try those next time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-19 23:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

1. h2h
2. staff/club
3. piercing
4. slashing
5. light/wind/thunder/fire
6. dark/ice/earth/water
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-09-20 00:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

^ for some of them there is a difference between piercing and ranged, there were a couple situations where my RNG hit for 0 and my THF was doing damage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-20 02:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
We ended and the last few pops we killed very quick so I didn't get to test it. It's happened multiple times to me before though where none of those damage types worked, I'll have to remember to try those next time.

If it's the one I remember, the only thing that I found in my arsenal at the time was impact, separate from the others, used in a couple of Titan's BP, though it also lists Diabolos' Camisado as a possible. I know it wasn't considered to be h2h as all avatar autoattacks are h2h type damage.

Good thing I came SMN to that, though I'd be willing to bet that BLU has some flavor of impact damage (Heavy Strike?).

That's all from ffxiwiki's listing of damage types, so if it's wrong, only blame me for trusting it. :D
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-20 03:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone here fought the big bomb unm yet? I totally got trashed both attemps with my mule and npcs lol. I can live through his fire breath move but his nukes are too stronk :( I guess its time to bring back the oh so awesome fire sets? or aegis it up :o Got him to 49% before my anus gave up from penetration.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-09-20 05:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, its very easy with a geo who knows how to recast a bubble the second it wears. did it geo geo sam whm + whm and brd trusts. 1 geo does vex attunement the other wilt and barrier. the geos take turns entrusting torpor or precision.

this same strat works for the violatile cluster as well.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-09-20 07:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also just about certain that one could trio Volatile Cluster using GEO SMN PLD with whatever trust you choose.

EA everyone at the start of the fight, watch for if/when it gets used up or drops, and skillchain it to death. Geo is mainly there for Frailty/Fury on the ranged DD trust of your choice, and then to MB. I suggest Tenzen II for light chains with Ramuh. Volt Strike dealt consistent damage, while P Claws surprised me with its suck.

Warning: That thing LOVES to self- destruct fight as it's being skillchained. Ramuh, predictably, doesn't much like that and ends up dying (this happened to me way too many times). So a retreat is good if you're using a PLD and a ranged DD to chain. Thunderstorm did just fine, whereas Flaming Crush to chain and Conflag were all over the place.

Ifrit flipped Cluster the bird at SD damage, though. Plus Crimson Howl is never a bad idea. I used a static buff cycle that almost never needed renewing in combat, but YMMV.
 Carbuncle.Genzaik
user: Genzaik
By Carbuncle.Genzaik 2015-09-20 08:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Carbuncle.Genzaik said: »

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I *think* if you ask for it back you can verify before it actually kills your progress? I had started a Nirvana and killed it to start Kenkonken, and I think I remember him asking if I really wanted "X" back?
Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly it doesn't specify the weapon =(
First Page 2 3 ... 393 394 395 ... 843 844 845