Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 349 350 351 ... 836 837 838
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-30 00:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Out of curiosity, can nuking Trusts be used to speed up an Armed Gears kill or will they be too stupid? Just did it on THF, it was just a bit slow.
Provided they don't run out of MP, or that the Armed Gears don't change to light or dark mode, they'll be useful. I personally found the best thing to do was to play on a job that can use Requiescat, and use support trusts to get TP faster.
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-01-30 02:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a mule with a TON of all types of crest laying around collecting dust. What would be the best battlefield a geared monk/dnc could solo with trusts to make the most gil?
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-01-30 05:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

MUTHA *** RUNAWAY FIVE! <3
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-30 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite FFXI related but didn't seem to warrant a new topic but is there a way to change the default account that comments on screenshots? My Cerberus account pops up by default and I want my Asura one to be first on the list.

I have my Asura account set as the main character but it doesn't seem to affect the comment section on screenshots.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-30 13:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I have a mule with a TON of all types of crest laying around collecting dust. What would be the best battlefield a geared monk/dnc could solo with trusts to make the most gil?
The Worm's Turn in Waughroon drops the Dosis Tathlum, which is pretty valuable (upwards of 2mil). Normal should be a cakewalk, and I'd wager you could probably manage Difficult. As a plus, it's only 10 SKCs, so you're only using 30 other seals at a time to repeat it.

Note that if you do it on Difficult, you might wanna bring a friend of mule cuz it can drop 2.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-01-31 09:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeanpaul, Remember this mule only is monk/dnc for salvage farming. I tried it and was worm raped quick even on normal with trust. I think this one is for a job with aoe capabilities? Any other ideas?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-31 12:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not too familiar with all the BCs and their drops, but another potential option is to wait til they bring back the BC campaign with the extra drops, and blow them all on either Nest of Nightmares or Mobline Comedy. NON can drop hexed gear, sometimes -1, and Mobline Comedy can drop various currencies. You'd probably burn through several orbs of each before you see anything unique, though.

Can also try Contaminated Colosseum, which is an old KS30, which garuntees a Malboro Fiber (about 100k) and can potentially get other 109 upgrade materials.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-31 21:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anybody share the gimmicks for Beist, that Unity NM in Xarc for the SAM body? Obviously we dispel his spikes, but he seems to gain massive attack out of nowhere, and every once in a while we will randomly proc him somehow. Trying to figure this fight out to get our SAMs the body, but I can't find any information on him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-01-31 22:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I will retry it with wayfarers gear. Never picked up that set for him. Thankyou for suggestions and tips.
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Server: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2015-02-01 10:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a spreadsheet, checklist, or step-by-step guide somewhere for everything you have to do to build a mythic?

I need to start turning in some of these alex they've filled 80/80 of my mog locker, but I haven't gotten the appropriate ranking with completing assaults to begin turning them in yet. It would help me if I had a list of things I needed to be doing in addition to daily salvage runs.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-01 10:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Finish toau storyline while doing assaults everyday.

It will takes you 50 days without fails to achieve captain rank

2. Before finishing assaults, make sure to have beat the 4 old savage bosses as well the 3 beastman generals and cleared old nyzul.

3. If you manage completing the kills, toau and assaults, flag the mythic quest by turning your weapon and receiving the book to record the assaults from totoron (or something like that). At this point, you can store alex by giving him the alex (not reimbursable though).

4. Then you have ahead all assault missions plus nyzul tokens. Assaults are 50 days worth of tags. Tokens varies according to your performance, setup, luck. Its best to go in group of 3 instead higher to have max of tokens, and have a mule to use tokens to jump floor, or just take turns. I think its pretty safe doing 10 floors without help of any cheating tool, so around 4350 tokens. That will takes 35 days plus 50 from assault, giving you the min time before having a mythic of 85 days.during those, you can safely do einheijar, should take around 50 days to complete this step, so suposelly it wont be the time restriction.

If you will get a mythic in 50+85= 135 days, its up of how much alex you can buy/farm during that.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-01 10:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »
Is there a spreadsheet, checklist, or step-by-step guide somewhere for everything you have to do to build a mythic?

I need to start turning in some of these alex they've filled 80/80 of my mog locker, but I haven't gotten the appropriate ranking with completing assaults to begin turning them in yet. It would help me if I had a list of things I needed to be doing in addition to daily salvage runs.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Mythic_Weapons lists the four quests from start to finish.

Short version
1. Complete a runic disc for old nyzul isle, clearing floors 1-100. This will give you the Key Item: Runic Key

2. Clear all 50 Assaults, and obtain Mercenary Rank of Captain

3. Do cutscenes and trade base Vigil Weapon (from Nyzul Isle) to the NPC.

4. Kill the three ToAU Beastman Kings

5. Kill all four of the level 75 Salvage bosses

6. Kill Odin in Einherjar

7. Collect 30,000 Alexandrites

8. Collect 150,000 Nyzul Tokens and buy the required item

9. Collect 100,000 Ichor from Einherjar and buy the required item

10. Reclear all 50 Assaults, trading the proper journal to the exit thing after each win.

11. Trade it all in

12. Acquire the three ZNM trophies from each of the tier 4 ZNMs.

Cutscenes

Win the fight.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-02-01 11:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Do someone know when the next harvest festival will happen? I'd like to get a pitchfork.

Wiki says the last happened in 2012.
 Cerberus.Febond
Server: Cerberus
user: febond
By Cerberus.Febond 2015-02-01 11:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually happens mid october until the end of octoberish
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-02-01 13:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is vivid strap .5 fastcast, while +1 is 1% ? BG lists both at 1%, but I've read conflicting stories.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-01 13:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They're both 1%. There's no such thing as 0.5% Fast Cast.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-02-01 14:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
They're both 1%. There's no such thing as 0.5% Fast Cast.

Hmm, ok thanks. So there is no point in the HQ, except white box syndrome, and to charge people more gil?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-01 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Is there some kind of limit on skillups per day? I just cast enhancing magic 30 times in a row without one skillup :/ I'm only at 22. My other skillups went way down too on geomancy. I was getting skillup messages every cast nearly now it's like 1 in 11.

Never heard about nerfing skill up.

I do know enhancing magic sucks, this is one of the skillups that its worth using tomes.

For geo, using geo magic in targetable foes like reives is the best option. Using just indi magic will be very slow after 200ish.
[+]
By Crevox 2015-02-01 15:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
For geo, using geo magic in targetable foes like reives is the best option. Using just indi magic will be very slow after 200ish.

You can achieve the same results by casting geo magic on a trust. The buffing spells are also a lot cheaper on MP.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2015-02-01 22:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the deal with the Arcana mob family?

I thought it basically meant "*** robots!", but then evil weapons are arcana.

So then I figured it might be "made by men" stuff, but then bombs are arcana.

What gives?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-01 23:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The evil weapons are the weapons, not the kobolds.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-02 02:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »

What gives?

I believe they are stuffs created by arcane magic, thats, not divine magic, so it seems like evil being.
By Mitruya 2015-02-02 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

After playing Monstrosity then taking a break from the game, I think I'm missing some warps or just general info on how to enter new areas. How do you get the Moh Gates warp rune for instance? I can't seem to find clear-cut answers on BGwiki. Thanks.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-02 15:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »

What gives?

Arcana basically means animated by magic. Evil weapons are actually creatures possessed by enchanted weapons.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-02 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Are there any good ways to farm dynamis if you have no clears?

Also is it true for thf in Dynamis the oynos knife is the best dagger, for magical haste?

Dreamland dynamis just requires some progress in CoP, and the first 3 zones (valkurm, qufim and buburimu) are hands down the best places to farm currency.

You can unequip oynos after procing haste. If its a good or bad idea, idk, but suposelly, rudra can one shot most mobs so white dmg, imo, isnt so relevant. Others will argue though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-03 03:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Which assaults are still annoying/difficult to solo (or 2box) in 2015? Has been since TOAU days since I've done most of em, but need to redo for mythic now.
First Page 2 3 ... 349 350 351 ... 836 837 838