Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 350 351 352 ... 842 843 844
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-03 03:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Which assaults are still annoying/difficult to solo (or 2box) in 2015? Has been since TOAU days since I've done most of em, but need to redo for mythic now.
Generally annoying

Lebros Supplies - You still need 3/4 people

Imperial Agent Rescue - Mobs die quickly, weapons break easy, you're TP feeding in the hopes they use 1 WS, pain.

Azure Ailments - You need to be hit by statuses, having no ilvl gear helps but still a generally annoying one.

Solo Annoying

Building Bridges - You'll learn to hate the Lamia, at least with other people, you're more likely to get the switches.

Seagull Grounded - A debatable one but focussing on the NPC as well as killing any mobs in the way can be problematic.

Lost and Found - This is really not designed for solo, your first hint will make the NPC tell you who is closest, which is useless solo, so you either need extreme luck or 2 hints.

Orichalcum Survey - Luck based assaults are always terrible, especially solo.

Counting Sheep - Again like Orichalcum Survey, luck based, sucks more when solo.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2015-02-03 06:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

so I just returned and got myself some Trust NPCs.

I'm lv 90 RDM and while looking for an Aby Party I'd like to solo to get some exp.

As a returner, what would be the best / quickest way to solo? Tried Kuftal & FOV today, but that was rather a bit slow. Only exp enhancement item I have is Empress Band ><

Many thanks in advance :)
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-03 06:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said: »
Hi,

so I just returned and got myself some Trust NPCs.

I'm lv 90 RDM and while looking for an Aby Party I'd like to solo to get some exp.

As a returner, what would be the best / quickest way to solo? Tried Kuftal & FOV today, but that was rather a bit slow. Only exp enhancement item I have is Empress Band ><

Many thanks in advance :)
Did you have Grounds of Valor active? I always liked Bostaunieux Oubliette and doing page 4 for 9 bloodsuckers, it caps out at 4100 per page and you can do water crystal and area Records of Eminence for a little extra exp too.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-03 17:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

How is the strategy to fight celestial nexus (up to dificult) in a rng setup?

Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-03 17:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld tanks exoplates, rngs kill exoplates, kill eld.

Round 2, pld tanks eld, rngs shoot it. whm/brd/rngs all sub nin

Takes 10 minutes~ incredibly simple fight, slightly annoying with his teleporting but thats all.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-03 17:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure everyone but the tank stays all the way back until both Orbitals are summoned, or else they will aggro the wrong people. Exoplates hate is shared with the kid, so there is zero danger in going nuts on them. When plates are down, the kid himself doesn't melee or WS, and just casts ancient magic and sleepga (no fast cast), so again hate is not an issue for any DD with shadows.

Also note that Vortex is hate reset, so it kinda makes it a little trickier for a PLD tank (unless shield blocking negates that, but I don't know). More info on that fight here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42373/the-celestial-nexus-v2-dvd-walkthrough/
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-02-03 18:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG setup is superfluous with all the adjustments, now i go with

MNK/NIN x3
COR/NIN
BRD/WHM
WHM/THF(i have yagrush, might want /sch if you don't.. can always sub thf on the cor or bring a thf instead of a mnk)

night/troub songs with at least one madrigal, hunters/chaos, pull as soon as last song up so brd can sleep orbitals before n/t wear

kill plates, kill eald

after cutscene, pop soulvoice/clarion, wild card, night/troub songs back, kill eald, some curagas and throw bene/asylum if you fall too far behind on debuffs

if you have carn or good mnks you don't need soul voice or wild card, can just night/troub at the start and kill both forms before songs wear

(VD, D is obviously even easier)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-02-03 18:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On divine might 2 can someone simply sack pull then the only paladin grab one AA then white mage arise the sack puller then sack pull again?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-03 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're relying on 1 hours for fights you could always just use SAM and THF for DDs as well and just Yaegasumi/Perfect Dodge the second form and not have to deal with any of his annoying Terror moves and stuff. He'll die before those abilities wear off; he has really shitty HP.

Edit: My post @ Nexus question.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-03 18:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
On divine might 2 can someone simply sack pull then the only paladin grab one AA then white mage arise the sack puller then sack pull again?

No. They have alliance hate. Once the sac puller dies, they would run to the PLD who grabbed one from the group. Is what you can do is have 2 PLDs, one who pulls all the non-TT, and another who pulls a single mob from that group at a time. First PLD super tanks, doing no actions to to mobs, and a Whm cures him freely.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-03 18:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason I can't porter slip the 109 Geomancy Galero?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-03 19:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

geo/run 109 go on slip 4/6, not 15/17(?)

Because they are considered af1 not reforge (which is REALLY stupid)
By Pantafernando 2015-02-03 19:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Is there a reason I can't porter slip the 109 Geomancy Galero?

Its under slip 04, together with old artifact, iirc.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-03 19:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that makes sense, thanks.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-03 19:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a Name Change service/option yet? Haven't played in years and was just curious.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-03 20:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
Is there a Name Change service/option yet? Haven't played in years and was just curious.
Nope.

I have a question not sure if it's allowed, basically about Clipper, if it's not allowed here I won't ask.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-02-03 20:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
Can be done by making a character with the same name as you on one server, and then transferring to that server. The game then forces you to come up with a new name.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-05 02:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some kind of pattern to successfully surveying Ergon Locus? Having a hard time getting it done for Scout's assignments.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2015-02-05 02:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a certain distance for a certain time frame, I think the range is 0.5 distances so you can try it at 0.4,0.9,1.4 etc. til you find it then try and do as many as you can in that timeframe if you're spamming the same one
Some of the times are listed but that's the method I read somewhere and used

Actually that method is written on that page even, writer suggests 0.3,0.7,1.3 etc.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-05 03:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
It's a certain distance for a certain time frame, I think the range is 0.5 distances so you can try it at 0.4,0.9,1.4 etc. til you find it then try and do as many as you can in that timeframe if you're spamming the same one
Some of the times are listed but that's the method I read somewhere and used

Actually that method is written on that page even, writer suggests 0.3,0.7,1.3 etc.
Yep that's how I did it, start at 0.3 and back off at 0.4 yalms each time, if you don't use windower then just edge back, like a step each time.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-06 12:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
2 questions if I may.

What is a good way to get these capacity points I hear about people who got like 4 jobs worth and another 150 job points on top of that and I don't know how they did it, took me 2 hours to get one job point in Toraimarai Canal while farming merit points too and I was killing a pugil near instantly. So I tried Adoulin, better, but I don't know where people get the Capacity point chains I never saw something like that. (Wasn't using cape or ring but will rectify that).

2nd question is in regards to unity, can 3 level 99s in sparks gear even defeat any of these? Would be THF, SCH and GEO mule. Would want to a get Jugo and Zoar Subligar, and Jute Boots off the top of my head so Strix, Keeper of Heiligtum and Vedrfolnir. There's like zero testimonials on their fights and all I can find is some 20 minute video of a THF lead alliance dying to Vedrfolnir. Would also want to go after other relevant gear for SCH and GEO and THF. Wouldn't +1 anything unless it's something we're gonna keep and isn't a stop gap.

People caping cp is mostly due boting reives or mobs as you gain cp by completing crystal roe, number of mobs killed, spoils, etc. But dont do that, people have been seriously being banned for boting.

The Legit and not dumb way to farm cp is fighting ilv120+ mobs, like in woh/doh gates, cirdas hidden zones and incursion. All have mobs 123+. Add the cape and a cor (corsair roll) with double cp campaign you can net 1000+ cp per kill.

For the unity, you should consider at least gearing your thf with af reforged. Lowmaning, the main dmg output comes from skillchain, and thfs best dmg output comes from rudra stacked. And the secret of stacking is crit dmg+ gear. Closing with a stacked rudra at 3000 and full crit hit dmg will be the main source of dmg in a lowman. But even them, for ilv120+ nms, attack will be a problem, and your setup implies you will have problems in acc and att, as well healing, unless your sch is very well geared for regen and cures. So, i dont think really viable. I did a couple of runs recently with thf against the bird, and it gets a bit messy when he does the 3x wind move in a row. At that time, its proc or cure bombing, and sch is weak in cure bombing, and proc isnt really 100% reliable (i think its darkness or ws during his tp move, but its not 100%).

Tl;dr, unless you fill quickly your accolades, i sugest you to join pugs for anything above 119. Otherwise, its too risky to fight with a gap of 10 lvs. Personally, my accolades fill too slow, so i dont really like to waste them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bewolfe
By Lakshmi.Bewolfe 2015-02-07 14:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have died too many times during Delve because of a bad stunner.. With so much new equipment, just wondering what is the best set for a RDM stunner.. ? Thanks!
By Pantafernando 2015-02-07 17:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bewolfe said: »
I have died too many times during Delve because of a bad stunner.. With so much new equipment, just wondering what is the best set for a RDM stunner.. ? Thanks!

You are fine to stun if your recast, after march/indi/geohaste/haste or haste2 is 9 secs, that is the recast cap and enough to stun lock.

Iirc, my last calc showed you need about 36% fc recast in gear after capping magic and gear haste. Once filled with fc, test your recast. If you manage 9 secs, youre good to go.

Rdm has trait of 30% fc, thats 15% in recast, leaving more 21% recast time or 42% fc gear.

Some sugestions:

Gendewitha hands: 7% fc
Artsieq legs: 5% fc
Nahtirah head: 10%/atrophy chapeau: 12%
Ormilla neck: 5%
Viti tabard: 13%/vanir cotehardie: 5%
Prolix+locacious+swith cape+Enchanter: 10%
marin staff: 3%
Vela grip: 1%
Ionis: 2 or 3% i think.
Withful belt: 3%
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bewolfe
By Lakshmi.Bewolfe 2015-02-07 18:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

don't you need to be concerned with magic accuracy as well?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-07 18:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bewolfe said: »
don't you need to be concerned with magic accuracy as well?

If you can kill fast, the odds of resist are low. You should be aiming to kill before a nitro song wear off, thats about 5-6 mins.

When i used to stun in old delve, i just noticed resist after about 10 mins.

Also, ilv staves have decent amount of macc. And finally, the above options have decent amount of macc aside fc.

The rest is to time well the stuns. Tojil and dakuwaqa have relatively higher reading time, you can safely read whats coming, while muyingwa is faster so you need to hit stun as soon the message pops. Normally magics aside dispel, breakga, slowga are ok to skip. Just beware fast magics like diaga as it can break the common interval between tp moves (thats, if you stun a fast casting magic like diaga or poisonga, you will find yourself with stun down next tp move).
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-07 20:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that Dakuwaqa can't be stunned while Verve is up.
So don't pop a stun until after that's down... Otherwise you run the risk of not having stun up when it's useable.
(Also: Marin Staff. Stupid thing is literally the best staff in the game... Sizeable Macc... FC... Wind affinity... Sizeable MAB... Massive INT... It's crazy how good that thing is.)
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-08 06:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

To get a new final add-on reward (such as tatsumaki sitagoromo), do i need to drop it before i do the final BC? I have just done shantotto fight, but wasn't able to get the final cutscene to get the behemoth key KI.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-08 07:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Iirc you have to drop it, I don't think you have to flag something like AF resets... But you might.
First Page 2 3 ... 350 351 352 ... 842 843 844