Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 348 349 350 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-01-27 06:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

@Verda; You can also use WKR augmented stuff for reaching PDT cap easier (or cheaper), although you would be losing 1(?) mdb and some magic eva. Ejekamal mask, buremte gloves and kaabnax trousers can get 4 PDT 2 MDT each with yorcia KI.

Below is a turtle build for thf with some bonus accuracy to give you an idea (ignore the ammo if using bumerang). 50 pdt 23 mdt which caps with 5/5 shellraV. Colossus earring is most likely not worth it when you can use Zennaroi for even more accuracy though.

If cast with augmented AF2, you can swap one WKR gear with PDT qaaxo and another darkness earring or 6 PDT dark ring in place of patricius brings it to PDT and MDT cap. There is of course the 6 pdt/6 mdt dark ring option but the random augments... ugh.

ItemSet 332819

Problem is you will need to use your SoA reward for such a gear set without dring and there is still the randomness of augments for earring (and ring if you are wanna go that route)
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-01-27 13:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Do DD trusts count towards your evaluation? I assume they were let pets and dont, which means using them actually hurts evaluations since reives die faster, and a chunk of the dmg isnt counted toward anyone.

2) Does using stuff like i117 wkr head pieces hurt us in the long run since it will technically make us i118 instead of i119? Does that 1 virtual level mean we need more acc even though the stats on the WKR piece is better than the i119 alternative (minus the i level)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-27 16:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone knows if this item is already available, and if yes, how to get it?

My sexy mithra mule really need it to use with her femina subligar.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/26890/heart-apron-1
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-27 16:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably Valentine's Day event.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-01-27 16:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Probably Valentine's Day event.

Maybe this apron would work well with your refresh subligar blu.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-01-27 17:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
@Verda; You can also use WKR augmented stuff for reaching PDT cap easier (or cheaper), although you would be losing 1(?) mdb and some magic eva. Ejekamal mask, buremte gloves and kaabnax trousers can get 4 PDT 2 MDT each with yorcia KI.

WKR gear is an option, but it has several downsides:

(1) the gear has lower base defense than the 119 options

(2) lower ilevel matters where level correction comes into play (i.e. high tier content outside of Adoulin zones)

(3) you're giving up the ability to use the WKR gear for other augments. Most notably for those mentioned, Ejekamal makes a nice FC/haste headpiece for NIN or /NIN utsusemi. Kaab trousers can also be put to better use for some WS (AGI augment makes them best Blade: Hi legs, for instance)

Quote:
Problem is you will need to use your SoA reward for such a gear set without dring

Yeah, I find Vocane to be a pretty terrible waste of SoA reward when it's barely superior to a good PDT- Dark Ring or Patricius (don't even really need to worry about MDT- since you're very likely going to be capped anyway in any defensive set with Shell up from a WHM).

In addition to the stuff already shown, some other options include Lithelimb Cap and Qaaxo B set, which have a nice combination of PDT-, Acc (usually useful on stuff that's hard enough that you're concerned about DT- sets in the first place), and some STR for offense. Qaaxo C legs are best in slot with PDT-5% (the only piece in the set with PDT-5% augment) but lose out on some of the offensive benefit of Qaaxo B or Iuitl+1.

Personally, I like the below PDT-50% set (though I don't yet have the body, so for now I use Qaaxo). Use whatever earrings the situation calls for offensively. My default is DW set unless getting capped magical haste and Haste Samba, but could go DA set, Zennaroi+whatever acc set, etc.) - I'm not willing to make the significant offensive sacrifice for something like a piddly 1% PDT- from Colossus Earring or something.
ItemSet 332828
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-01-28 01:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Someone knows if this item is already available, and if yes, how to get it?

My sexy mithra mule really need it to use with her femina subligar.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/26890/heart-apron-1
As if there was any doubt:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13511/detail.html
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-28 02:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
1) Do DD trusts count towards your evaluation? I assume they were let pets and dont, which means using them actually hurts evaluations since reives die faster, and a chunk of the dmg isnt counted toward anyone.

2) Does using stuff like i117 wkr head pieces hurt us in the long run since it will technically make us i118 instead of i119? Does that 1 virtual level mean we need more acc even though the stats on the WKR piece is better than the i119 alternative (minus the i level)

You will cap your rewards so quickly, it shouldn't really matter even if they do.

WKR gear is lvl-115, I'm not sure what you're asking here, though.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-28 05:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc isnt relative to lv (at least, seems like adoulin and high lv content arent affected by lv correction).

So, only thing that affect hit hate is acc and acc coming from dex. Thats why buremte glove and manibozho legs relative to acc, are superior to most ilv119 pieces, because in those sole stats (acc and dex), they surpass other pieces.

In those cases, the only thing a lower ilv will be detrimental is the lack (suposelly) of str, and mainly def. So, in theory, your defense is lower with a ilv113 or 115 piece, even though youre at ilv119 in acc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsoi
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2015-01-28 07:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a low man strategy for Keeper of Heiligtum? and is anyone keeping track of blue procs on these Unity NMs? I found a few but I never see them listed, they make the fight a whole lot easier.
By Zoltar 2015-01-28 09:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tsoi said: »
Does anyone have a low man strategy for Keeper of Heiligtum? and is anyone keeping track of blue procs on these Unity NMs? I found a few but I never see them listed, they make the fight a whole lot easier.

3 THF + healer.

Evis > SA Rudra > SA Rudra (double darkness)

This strategy will put down almost all Unity NMs in 15s. Get 3000TP beforehand
[+]
By Dantol 2015-01-28 14:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So is there am end all way to farm sparks or should I stick with crystals multiple enemies and 500+ damage?
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-28 14:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Dantol said: »
So is there am end all way to farm sparks or should I stick with crystals multiple enemies and 500+ damage?
The best combo I can find is:
Vanquish Multiple Enemies I
Level Sync to Vanquish Enemies
Deal 500+ Damage
Crystals
Geodes
-ites
Region

Level sync can prob be abused by having a lower level join the party and syncing to the higher level player (or not sure if you can sync to someone the same level). I never seen anyone mention the level sync one before but, the fastest one ppl talk about is the 500+ dmg one with aoe or abyssea and single targets with fast attack speed (thf, ninja). Though consensus seems to be for most people outside of abyssea is better than inside it. your mileage may vary. (Source: varied posts on ffxiah the past few weeks)
level sync RoE only counts for level 98 and below.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsoi
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2015-01-28 15:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »

3 THF + healer.

This did not work...
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-01-28 15:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: I waited 30 minutes for Ovni to spawn but it never did.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ovni

I know I had the right area and went all over in a broad sweep several times. Is it possible that it had a trigger condition and with abyssea empty it just doesn't show up?

Were you looking up? Yovra are high up in the sky and only drop down when they aggro. Ovni can also roam a fair bit from his spawn point IIRC.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-01-28 15:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

3 THF + healer.

This did not work...

No offense, but your THFs need to improve their gear, then. That strategy rips through basically all Unity NMs in a surprisingly small amount of time.
[+]
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2015-01-28 15:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the Cape Terrigan NM a couple nights ago and we pretty much kept him stunned every fight using ws when he did a TP move. The one where he goes up in the air is pretty had to get though.
By Davorin 2015-01-28 16:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »

I know I had the right area and went all over in a broad sweep several times. Is it possible that it had a trigger condition and with abyssea empty it just doesn't show up?

Were you looking up? Yovra are high up in the sky and only drop down when they aggro. Ovni can also roam a fair bit from his spawn point IIRC.
Hmm no I wasn't. Do they not show up on wide scan if they aren't dropped? And ok I'll try again tonight. Thanks.

Iirc, Ovni doesn't show on widescan unless it has aggro'd or is being fought, much like Turul.
[+]
By Zoltar 2015-01-28 16:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

3 THF + healer.

This did not work...

After you did the double dark skillchain, what %HP was he at?
By Zoltar 2015-01-28 16:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, he spawns in 2 spots from what I've seen...msg me in-game if you need help
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 21:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious: Is the Negoroshiki still the best sparks to gil ratio item right now? I know armor was added recently, and some vendors give more than standard NPC prices; particularly the tenshodo. Anyone figure out the best conversion?
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-29 22:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, can nuking Trusts be used to speed up an Armed Gears kill or will they be too stupid? Just did it on THF, it was just a bit slow.
By Artemicion 2015-01-29 22:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Most recent I heard is a smithing npc will buy that for the best gil just after an update.

I'll check it out. Hopefully it's not guild based where stock quantity and rate of replenishment take into account for how much it sells for.
By ryukin182 2015-01-29 23:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What chat filter or whatever to change the chat logs to the simpler form of ex: [Guard Skeleton]Icespikes -> Guardskeleton.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-29 23:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
What chat filter or whatever to change the chat logs to the simpler form of ex: [Guard Skeleton]Icespikes -> Guardskeleton.
That's the windower addon Battlemod.
First Page 2 3 ... 348 349 350 ... 834 835 836