Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 337 338 339 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2014-12-18 21:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD + W/E imo is a bad option if you are trying to interest someone in the game and stick them on brd I'd give it a month before they just never log back in.

If you are willing and know the boredom you you are signing yourself or the other person up for with brd and are ok with it. SAM or THF + BRD or SAM or THF + any mage (less blm...) prolly the best bet 1-99-endgame.

1-99 matters less and for the most part could be done any melee + melee + trusts to 30 burn to 99 in abys and skill up after.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-18 21:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
BRD + W/E imo is a bad option if you are trying to interest someone in the game and stick them on brd I'd give it a month before they just never log back in.

If you are willing and know the boredom you you are signing yourself or the other person up for with brd and are ok with it. SAM or THF + BRD or SAM or THF + any mage (less blm...) prolly the best bet 1-99-endgame.

1-99 matters less and for the most part could be done any melee + melee + trusts to 30 burn to 99 in abys and skill up after.
Build your brd to actually DD. Not just half *** it, full out built to DD. Pick up your skill to play it as a support role while collecting all the needed gear and once setup, /dnc and /nin anything you can.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-18 21:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about GearSwap for gender specific items, specifically DNC AF/Relic pieces. What do I need to input in order for gear to be swapped?
By Wordspoken 2014-12-18 23:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
another question, will SE be making future expansions or is Adouin maybe the last?
Your guess is as good as mine. I vaguely remember some interview or something about 1-2 expansions after WotG. Could be mistaken, though. We'll just have to wait and see, I'm personally expecting announcement about this around anniversary.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-20 04:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

another question, will SE be making future expansions or is Adouin maybe the last?

Both WotG and SoA points at the continent of Rhazowa, the Orcish homeland to the far north. It wouldn't surprise me if SE went that route. It has great potential in terms of lore. They can make a story out of power struggle among the Orcish tribes and

Maybe, since the orcs are so bloodthirsy, Odin easily manipulates the orcs and sets them against each other with his evil mambo jambo to collect souls for whatever reason, but ***gets out of control and his wave of corruption starts to leak out of Rhazowa and threatens the piece in Mindartia and Quon...

/storycraftingmode off
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-20 06:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Question about GearSwap for gender specific items, specifically DNC AF/Relic pieces. What do I need to input in order for gear to be swapped?

The item as listed in your inventory
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-20 06:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Both WotG and SoA points at the continent of Rhazowa, the Orcish homeland to the far north. It wouldn't surprise me if SE went that route. It has great potential in terms of lore. They can make a story out of power struggle among the Orcish tribes and

Maybe, since the orcs are so bloodthirsy, Odin easily manipulates the orcs and sets them against each other with his evil mambo jambo to collect souls for whatever reason, but ***gets out of control and his wave of corruption starts to leak out of Rhazowa and threatens the piece in Mindartia and Quon...

/storycraftingmode off

Yea, right now the there is still three main areas that are discussed in various missions and are part of the Vana'diel lore that are untouched: Rahzowa- the Orcish Home nation, the Mithra homeland, and the Far East. Would love for them to make a final expansion covering these areas.
By Crevox 2014-12-20 09:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Skulker's Cape increases the duration of Invisible and Sneak. Does this affect your casts on other players as well, or simply casts on yourself? Furthermore, does it affect casts made by other players on you while you're wearing it?

Secondly, what do the Dream Boots +1 and Dream Mittens +1 do to the spells?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-21 09:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For once... I'm gonna change my mind and not mention this...

**Edit, removed etc**
By minikomby 2014-12-21 17:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what NM drop and where it pops the next item, Sombra Tights ?

Thank you
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-21 17:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

0% drop rate. It's not a drop.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-21 17:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »

/storycraftingmode off

Yea, right now the there is still three main areas that are discussed in various missions and are part of the Vana'diel lore that are untouched: Rahzowa- the Orcish Home nation, the Mithra homeland, and the Far East. Would love for them to make a final expansion covering these areas.

Would love for them all, but hey they keep stuff somewhat secret, would love to go to the orcish empire and wreck some havoc they obviously forgot to pay there rent, and i need to collect :)
By Pantafernando 2014-12-21 17:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »

Thank you

Its craft. You can buy it in bazaar. But cant find it inffxiah because that item wasnt updated yet.
By minikomby 2014-12-21 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
minikomby said: ยป

Thank you

Its craft. You can buy it in bazaar. But cant find it inffxiah because that item wasnt updated yet.

Know the recipe?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-21 18:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
Pantafernando said: »
minikomby said: ยป

Thank you

Know the recipe?

Its in bg, all sombra pieces:

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Bonecraft

Main Craft: Bonecraft - (99)
Sub Craft(s): Leathercraft - (?), Clothcraft - (?)

Crystal
Damascene Cloth
Rainbow Cloth
Raaz Leather
Intuila's Hide
Emperor Arthro's Shell
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-21 18:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also Sup1 so you can only equip it if you've spent 50 or more job points on w/e job you want to use it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-22 03:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I recently responded to the PLD guide thread asking about Savage Blade + Sets but got no response, I sort of looked around the PLD, BLU and RDM forums to see if anyone was talking about Savage Blade but they weren't.

I was curious if maybe I jumped the gun when I thought Savage Blade was superior to CDC atm, when I get home tonight I'm going to start comparing damage of CDC at 1000TP vs Savage Blade at 1750 since Savage Blade got a Rudra's like boost to FTP values.

Of course when comparing damage I will take into consideration that I am using CDC earlier but I was curious what other people thought about it?

I have no doubt Savage is putting out higher numbers than CDC at 1750 but is it enough to quantify using it?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-22 03:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there still a way to get Koru-moru as a trust npc ?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-22 04:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Is there still a way to get Koru-moru as a trust npc ?
Not right now but they usually re-introduce the trusts periodically so just keep your eye out for them.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-12-22 04:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-12-22 05:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Hi, I recently responded to the PLD guide thread asking about Savage Blade + Sets but got no response, I sort of looked around the PLD, BLU and RDM forums to see if anyone was talking about Savage Blade but they weren't. I was curious if maybe I jumped the gun when I thought Savage Blade was superior to CDC atm, when I get home tonight I'm going to start comparing damage of CDC at 1000TP vs Savage Blade at 1750 since Savage Blade got a Rudra's like boost to FTP values. Of course when comparing damage I will take into consideration that I am using CDC earlier but I was curious what other people thought about it? I have no doubt Savage is putting out higher numbers than CDC at 1750 but is it enough to quantify using it?

I try as RDM (no savage set, just a random Ws one) and got a nice surprise, more consistant and get better result than requi and CDC.

Need to improve my savage set, but i think, the best idea is to try to cap atk maybe.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-22 05:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Hi, I recently responded to the PLD guide thread asking about Savage Blade + Sets but got no response, I sort of looked around the PLD, BLU and RDM forums to see if anyone was talking about Savage Blade but they weren't. I was curious if maybe I jumped the gun when I thought Savage Blade was superior to CDC atm, when I get home tonight I'm going to start comparing damage of CDC at 1000TP vs Savage Blade at 1750 since Savage Blade got a Rudra's like boost to FTP values. Of course when comparing damage I will take into consideration that I am using CDC earlier but I was curious what other people thought about it? I have no doubt Savage is putting out higher numbers than CDC at 1750 but is it enough to quantify using it?

I try as RDM (no savage set, just a random Ws one) and got a nice surprise, more consistant and get better result than requi and CDC.

Need to improve my savage set, but i think, the best idea is to try to cap atk maybe.
Well with this set:

ItemSet 331765

I got this result at 1750tp:

That's factoring I'm missing certain things, Ifrit Ring for example.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-22 09:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with this set:

ItemSet 331765

I got this result at 1750tp:

That's factoring I'm missing certain things, Ifrit Ring for example.
Some thoughts. Multi-hit doesn't mean much to savage blade. The vast majority of the dmg is concentrated in the initial hit. The second hit, and any multi-hit procs mean very little because they don't get the massive fTP that the first hit has.

With this in mind some suggestions.

Paeapua -> Floestone > cheruski > flame sachet.
Windbuffet +1 -> Metalsinger > Cautada
Bleating > Buquwik

Brutal -> Tati+1 > Kokou's
Calbalarius hands -> Umuthi gloves

At capped atk Cab. legs win, but uncapped scuffler's are slightly ahead.

About WS'ing at higher TP. I messed with the spreadsheet a bit with savage's new stats. While Savage may do much higher dmg at high TP, it's still not worth waiting to 1750 for it. WS at 1k as always. It's not as big a loss as it used to be if you don't ws instantly. It's minor loss now, but it still shows as a dps drop to hold tp.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-22 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ok, good to know, thanks for the info!
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2014-12-22 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Frosty Cap recipe?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-22 18:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to start a second mythic, I'm still getting this message:

Finished Coming Full Circle, and got my 3 silvers. 119'd Vajra. Why does it still ask me if I wish to abandon?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-23 09:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just how the quest is set up. Choose to abandon, and trade a new weapon.

Stupidly enough, it will unflag the quests as being finished also.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 337 338 339 ... 836 837 838