Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 336 337 338 ... 836 837 838
By Wordspoken 2014-12-14 16:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
He probably means asperity necklace

@Paddycakes; Probably you can't solo the NM it drops from:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nerrivik

You can buy it with plasm if you have either Nerrivik or Krabakarpo kill:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Krabakarpo

Judging by your character page, you should be able to easily get in a foret delve party on whm or mnk and get your Nerrivik and/or Krabakarpo kill.

Edit: Apparently you don't have /run sub to do foret on mnk. You should probably work on that while trying to get in on whm.

You just need /run for dakuwaqa.

If the goal is gear from t1-t5, it isnt necessary having /run.

As a side note, doing krabakarpo outside is definitivelly a bad idea. Though outside his hp is locked to lowman (6 man), last i saw, krabakarpo hp special defense is also scalated to low man, unlike inside, where fighting with 6 you will never see the reduction in dmg. Playing outside you will need to balance dmg types, relying in requiescat and similars.

Though its ages since i did krabakarpo outside, maybe they nerfed him to same krab inside delve.
I have soloed Nerrivik with dnc/run, its doable if you want to earn the KI that way. barwater+shell+thunder runes and stun aoe spells. build crit rate steps first, after you break horns, can switch into box step.

Probably can use other jobs for it too.
 Bahamut.Paddycakes
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Paddycakes 2014-12-14 16:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Asura.Vinedrius said: »
He probably means asperity necklace

@Paddycakes; Probably you can't solo the NM it drops from:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Nerrivik

You can buy it with plasm if you have either Nerrivik or Krabakarpo kill:
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Krabakarpo

Judging by your character page, you should be able to easily get in a foret delve party on whm or mnk and get your Nerrivik and/or Krabakarpo kill.

Edit: Apparently you don't have /run sub to do foret on mnk. You should probably work on that while trying to get in on whm.

You just need /run for dakuwaqa.

If the goal is gear from t1-t5, it isnt necessary having /run.

As a side note, doing krabakarpo outside is definitivelly a bad idea. Though outside his hp is locked to lowman (6 man), last i saw, krabakarpo hp special defense is also scalated to low man, unlike inside, where fighting with 6 you will never see the reduction in dmg. Playing outside you will need to balance dmg types, relying in requiescat and similars.

Though its ages since i did krabakarpo outside, maybe they nerfed him to same krab inside delve.
I have soloed Nerrivik with dnc/run, its doable if you want to earn the KI that way. barwater+shell+thunder runes and stun aoe spells. build crit rate steps first, after you break horns, can switch into box step.

Probably can use other jobs for it too.

That definately gives me hope im working on /run atm actually. On bahamut i didnt see much shouting for delve even when i was playing last.
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-12-14 17:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, just a quick one.

Anyone know from wich unity NM drop this item ? :

Emet Harness +1
DEF:131 HP+61 STR+25 DEX+24 VIT+25 AGI+23 INT+23 MND+23 CHR+23 Evasion+70 Magic Evasion+64 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% Enmity+10 Physical damage taken -6% Unity Ranking: Accuracy+10-20

Didn't find any info about it.

Thks in advance
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-14 17:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Largantua, Glacier.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-12-14 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

thks ^^
any advice for setup or classical DD heal is fine ?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-14 22:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Would archon ring be a superior sleep magic accuracy ring? I know that specific element magic attack bonus is more powerful than generic magic attack so I'm curious if it applies to accuracy as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-14 23:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
thks ^^
any advice for setup or classical DD heal is fine ?

Every unity is doable with 3, healer and 2DD
More = Easier, kill it with a healer, bard, 2-3 DD in < 60 seconds.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-15 02:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
It's not a chart by any means, but I wanted to explore 5/6 -step self-SCs the other day and, being an utter noob at them, I felt like I needed even more than a chart or tables to help me, so I made a small web app http://flippantry.com/skillchain/
This is quite awesome, you need to give this thing more visibility man, a lot of people and I mean A LOT of people would love it but they do not know it exists.
 Bahamut.Paddycakes
By Bahamut.Paddycakes 2014-12-15 10:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry i got another couple of questions:

Im looking for list of jobs that do well solo. Frankly im tired of playing bst all the time. Now the kind of activities im looking to do are some of the easier outside delve mobs, Skirmishes, woe, relic farming, and more.
I kind of have an idea of what jobs can perform these solo activities but i was hoping to hear from you guys about what you think is good for soloing.

Also for grouping what jobs would you guys consider to be in demand for group content? From what ive seen so far from my perspective its pld, brd, whm, cor,rng.

Thanks in advance
By Hauke 2014-12-15 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best place to farm Accolades? I need to get a lot for these unity NMs and all of the avenues that I've tried seem pretty slow. Thanks!
By Pantafernando 2014-12-15 14:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paddycakes said: »

Im looking for list of jobs that do well solo. Frankly im tired of playing bst all the time. Now the kind of activities im looking to do are some of the easier outside delve mobs, Skirmishes, woe, relic farming, and more.
I kind of have an idea of what jobs can perform these solo activities but i was hoping to hear from you guys about what you think is good for soloing.

Also for grouping what jobs would you guys consider to be in demand for group content? From what ive seen so far from my perspective its pld, brd, whm, cor,rng.

Thanks in advance

Thf and dnc can do very well solo, even more with rudra update. Blu is a decent option too.

You can use trust so most of time you arent solo.

For suport, whm is the easier to gear and the most classic job of your list. Pld and brd normally are supose to have relics and empy (lv90 is good), though brd can do well with jse harp and skirmish flute. Rng is similar, its suposed to have a relic weapon.

For any of those jobs you dont need rem, but if youre pugging, not having the will make you less wanted, even more as rem isnt that uncommon nowaday.

Cor is less versatile as a suport job, and also dependent of leader preference, so not a job for all situations.
 Bahamut.Paddycakes
By Bahamut.Paddycakes 2014-12-15 16:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Paddycakes said: »

Thanks in advance

Thf and dnc can do very well solo, even more with rudra update. Blu is a decent option too.

You can use trust so most of time you arent solo.

For suport, whm is the easier to gear and the most classic job of your list. Pld and brd normally are supose to have relics and empy (lv90 is good), though brd can do well with jse harp and skirmish flute. Rng is similar, its suposed to have a relic weapon.

For any of those jobs you dont need rem, but if youre pugging, not having the will make you less wanted, even more as rem isnt that uncommon nowaday.

Cor is less versatile as a suport job, and also dependent of leader preference, so not a job for all situations.

Thanks for all the advice on this, i do plan on working an rem just figuring out what i want to play. Right now im leading towards working pld atm going ochain first hopefully.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-12-15 19:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

can someone point me to the newest endgame content page bg and the other wiki do not have it the one you fight waves of nms then you can go up to something like I123.

link me please

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kaoriasada
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-15 19:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/Incursion
http://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/Delve
http://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/Wildskeeper_Reive#Wildskeeper_Reive
http://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php/Skirmish
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 23:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

shell mate wants to change his seekers reward ring, does anyone know the process?

Drop > eastern gates ? Or something else?
By Wordspoken 2014-12-17 07:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
shell mate wants to change his seekers reward ring, does anyone know the process?

Drop > eastern gates ? Or something else?
Trade current ring to guard, I believe.
 Asura.Kaoriasada
By Asura.Kaoriasada 2014-12-17 08:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I connect my FFXiAH profile to my Linkshell community? I pasted my URL in the "LS Community Profile URL", but it doesn't update my missions and my ranks. When I go to my profile, it says "LS Community Profile" instead of "update" like my Ragnarok/Phoenix profiles. ;~;
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-17 08:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaoriasada said: »
How do I connect my FFXiAH profile to my Linkshell community? I pasted my URL in the "LS Community Profile URL", but it doesn't update my missions and my ranks. When I go to my profile, it says "LS Community Profile" instead of "update" like my Ragnarok/Phoenix profiles. ;~;
I think this is a current issue, certainly everyone one of my friends and I that moved to Asura recently don't have our missions showing, I believe it's an LS community issue so nothing ffxiah can do.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-17 11:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So... no way to stop a mythic and start another one if you changed your mind?
By Ruchy 2014-12-17 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »

You can change at anytime bye trading the weapon you want to NPC in saleem's senteniels.
HOWEVER you will loose ALL progress you started. ( alexandrites traded, assault books turned, eyepatch turned in. Etc)
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-12-17 20:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Hello everyone, just a quick one.

Anyone know from wich unity NM drop this item ? :

Emet Harness +1
DEF:131 HP+61 STR+25 DEX+24 VIT+25 AGI+23 INT+23 MND+23 CHR+23 Evasion+70 Magic Evasion+64 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% Enmity+10 Physical damage taken -6% Unity Ranking: Accuracy+10-20

Didn't find any info about it.

Thks in advance

As the previous guy who responded said it's from Largantua in Beaucedine. This is a wanted NM, you need 3k accolades to pop as well as to set the RoE. Upon setting, pop and kill. The NM will not pop unless the entire party has the objective set and the proper amount of accolades to pop. This guy seems to eat darkness SCs like a cyanide capsule so take 2 jobs than can make darkness easy. High elemental damage, long stun times. High evasion too.

The HQ harness can drop from coffer but you may need to use the NQ it drops as well as 50 shards from it to upgrade to HQ using one of the unity NPCs.

My own question is about Ra'kaznar skirmish. I'm having trouble finding info on what to nuke some of the mobs with. I've been through the findings on BG but does anyone have a full list? I swear I've seen info on monkey and Orthrus but couldn't find it upon checking again.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-17 21:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruchy said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »

You can change at anytime bye trading the weapon you want to NPC in saleem's senteniels.
HOWEVER you will loose ALL progress you started. ( alexandrites traded, assault books turned, eyepatch turned in. Etc)
I've read that it requires you to toss all assault journals, so any progress there is lost regardless of whether you turned them in. I can't verify that though.
 Sylph.Limlight
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-12-18 13:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed Incursion when it was done regularly and I'm interested in getting a Mecistopins mantle. Is there any method for me to low man it with mules? (figuring trusts aren't usable), or maybe just 6 man it with some friends?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 14:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Limlight said: »
I missed Incursion when it was done regularly and I'm interested in getting a Mecistopins mantle. Is there any method for me to low man it with mules? (figuring trusts aren't usable), or maybe just 6 man it with some friends?

Eh same boat, different reason. You could do 124 with 6 and eventually get a decent mantle. Or find some sucker selling runs, pay a couple gil and have them do it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 20:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
What is the best duo team currently for most content? Not dual boxing but two people who play together (so it doesn't have to remain simple or wtv). Looking what jobs would be able to clear the most content while also be fun.

You'd have to be more specific. Not "a lot" you can duo. Are we talking like easy-normal SCNM/Merit?

PLD + BRD/GEO (some stuff)
DNC + BRD/GEO (other stuff)
BLU + BRD/GEO ?
By Pantafernando 2014-12-18 20:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
What is the best duo team currently for most content? Not dual boxing but two people who play together (so it doesn't have to remain simple or wtv). Looking what jobs would be able to clear the most content while also be fun.

You can use trusts for most content, like wk, skirmish, some battlefields amd missions.

With just 2, you can reach the max with brd/whm + sam.

Brd can cap haste in sam and provides minuet or madrigal, while casting in himself ballad allowing curing even with low pool and less mp management tools like whm.

A sam with haste capped can reach multiples skillchains. By multisteps, he can deal more dmg than 2+ players.

Thf+Brd for events when you need th.

Dd+geo can also cap haste and provides another strong buff but will have more mp issues than brd due to low refresh buffs by using the third buble, but on otheside, geo has higher mp pool.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-12-18 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Sylph.Kawar said: »
can someone point me to the newest endgame content page bg and the other wiki do not have it the one you fight waves of nms then you can go up to something like I123.

link me please
Hi kawar, Merry Christmas~

I don't have the link on my phone but try typing this into Google and it should come right up. Check it out and let me know.

"Ffxi incursion"
Thank you joiah and merry christmas as well. what are you doing for christmas?
First Page 2 3 ... 336 337 338 ... 836 837 838