Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online

You must be logged in to do that.

Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 843 844 845
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-23 09:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
Frosty Cap recipe?

Snowman Cap + Earth Crystal
By Hauke 2014-12-23 09:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't get an answer earlier, so I'll elaborate on the question (and include another). What's the best way to go about farming accolade points? I'm addicted to gobbybox special dial and I want to get more keys.

Also, I just raised RDM, BLM, and WHM to 99. I'm going to gear out RDM first, I figure with delves being popular a fast cast set is my first goal. I've got a swith cape, impatiens, and witful belt. I'm working on the delve hat and the Vanir cotehardie. Is there anything else I'm missing? Going to try and get the WoE earring this time around, but besides that, any other suggestions? Thanks!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-23 09:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you building next Valli?
By BlaTheTaru 2014-12-23 09:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hauke said: »
I didn't get an answer earlier, so I'll elaborate on the question (and include another). What's the best way to go about farming accolade points? I'm addicted to gobbybox special dial and I want to get more keys.

Also, I just raised RDM, BLM, and WHM to 99. I'm going to gear out RDM first, I figure with delves being popular a fast cast set is my first goal. I've got a swith cape, impatiens, and witful belt. I'm working on the delve hat and the Vanir cotehardie. Is there anything else I'm missing? Going to try and get the WoE earring this time around, but besides that, any other suggestions? Thanks!

As far as accolades go I'm not entirely sure. I cap mine just playing around on blu.

I'm not super familiar with rdm, but prolix ring, Chelona boots, cure clogs, and I think skirmish hands all have fast cast or cure cast time - on them. It's pretty easy to get a good fast cast set at this point. Find people playing rdm and ask to see their set.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 09:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage doesn't need Vanir to cap fast cast. Reforge AF hat and relic body for a bunch right there. Prolix ring, Estoqueur's Earring, Loquacious Earring... You also will want about a zillion other gearsets, because casting fast isn't always good if your enfeebles don't land. Thankfully, most RDM gear has a ton of MACC on it already. Artseiq pants down the MACC path will give you both macc and fast cast, for instance.

You also won't need Natirah Hat if you reforge your AF. It has fast cast 12% on it, while Natirah has both lower fast cast and lower macc.

If you intend on building yourself toward an endgame RDM, then you'll likely have to resign yourself to being there mostly for the haste... I hate that part, but it's true. Haste 2/Distract 2/Flurry 2 perhaps stunning or sleeping in Incursion.

Good luck.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-23 10:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The setup below is 66 total fast cast according to numbers on bgwiki. Rdm has 30 fast cast at 99. You need 50 more to cap so you can drop 16 from the set.

ItemSet 331834
Hidden fast cast amounts: Prolix Ring=2, Swift Cape(+1) = 3(4), Witful Belt=3, Chelona Boots(+1)=4(5)

For fast cast alternatives, see: http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=32&description=fast%20cast#adv

For more Occ. quickens spellcasting, see: http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=32&description=quicken#adv

and choose for which slot you want to search for alternatives from the list in the upper right and click submit at the bottom of the search form.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2014-12-23 11:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Frosty Cap recipe?

Doesn't work for me ;_;
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-23 11:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Frosty Cap recipe?

Doesn't work for me ;_;

Oops sorry, I forgot you needed brilliant snow too. You can buy one from a chest next to wedding NPCs. See merchants here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Brilliant_Snow
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 11:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »

As far as accolades go I'm not entirely sure. I cap mine just playing around on blu.

I'm not super familiar with rdm, but prolix ring, Chelona boots, cure clogs, and I think skirmish hands all have fast cast or cure cast time - on them. It's pretty easy to get a good fast cast set at this point. Find people playing rdm and ask to see their set.

Cure Clogs are whm only.

Similarly, SE made a mistake and didn't put RDM on Regal Pumps. Bad SE, bad! Not sure if RDM can use Litany, I don't have them because I avoid mainhealing on any job like Ebola.

With the set below you could get rid of some of the lower tier (i.e. non-ilvl) gear and perhaps the Meebles neck in favor of things to help your macc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-23 12:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
What are you building next Valli?

ALL THE THINGS!?
Probably Ryuno, cause Koga = /vomit, and I<3Cerulean.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-12-23 12:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
BlaTheTaru said: »

Cure Clogs are whm only.

Similarly, SE made a mistake and didn't put RDM on Regal Pumps. Bad SE, bad! Not sure if RDM can use Litany, I don't have them because I avoid mainhealing on any job like Ebola.

With the set below you could get rid of some of the lower tier (i.e. non-ilvl) gear and perhaps the Meebles neck in favor of things to help your macc.

Yeah, I thought they were whm onry. I just figured I would throw them in there since he said he was gearing whm also. Thanks for clearing that up.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-23 12:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Litany Clogs are WHM only as well, however, RDM doesn't need them to cap fastcast. Fastcast V trait (30), Vitivation Tabard +1 (13), Atrophy Chapeau +1 (12), Gendewitha Gages +1 (7), Artsieq Hose (5), Swith Cape +1 (4), Witful Belt (3), Loq. Earring (2), Orunmila Torque (5) is 81% without even using feet, which is more than enough, and you would probably benefit more from throwing quickmagic in any of the other slots that you can. This is the set I'd aim for on anything that doesn't require potency gear if you aren't using gearswap. If you are using Gearswap, it's fast enough to get into midcast even when quickmagic procs.

ItemSet 331835

It's 73%+ (depending on fastcast augment on Dalmatica +1 which can go as high as +5), and 13% Quickmagic (assuming max aug on Dalmatica which should be the priority for this piece). For all intents and purposes, you can't get much better unless you're trying to use a hybrid set for something like cures.

Edit: as an aside, I think we should move this discussion over to the RDM guide, as it's the place for RDM specific gear discussions and would benefit more people there.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 12:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Voltsurge Torque (Ramuh v2) also gives fast cast (4%) and +7 magic accuracy as well.

IF you can get it to drop. -.-
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2014-12-23 12:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Frosty Cap recipe?

Doesn't work for me ;_;

Oops sorry, I forgot you needed brilliant snow too. You can buy one from a chest next to wedding NPCs. See merchants here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Brilliant_Snow

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
 Asura.Elreck
user: Nodar
By Asura.Elreck 2014-12-24 11:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to do dynamis beau nm kill trial for relic gun went in ealier had 0 luck on drop on nm pop item but was farming at the nms tower is there a better camp?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-24 11:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

All the fortunes are farmable from DC fomors, I like the camp near the op in normal beau. But, you need TH, or you'll be there for a week. Keep in mind they're rare, so if you already have one, it won't drop.
 Asura.Elreck
By Asura.Elreck 2014-12-24 11:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks ill try there went in as rng/dnc and whm ill get friend to come thf with me at least then i can farm 3 then pop then farm and pop again.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-24 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Remenber that fortunes are specific to certain hydras. For anni, you want villains fortune, that just drop from mnk, thf and nin hydras.

And i wouldnt say its that bad as jassik is saying, according to ffxidb its around 10% drop rate.

The most important is to avoid wasting time killing unnecessary mobs and wasting your luck with useless parchment (that last one is quite subjective though).

Avoid fighting high level hydras as they have more hp and i never noticed higher drop rate from parchment from those.

Personally i like the place near quiebitiel. Its like 2 camps together. There are 2 nins there. In the room next there, there are mnk and thf. Once cleared those 2 camps, you can use sneak and walk up to hill between quadavs and yagudos and walk to west. There is a large camp with lots of jobs. Hopefully you can keep rotation those 3 camps in time, avoiding to lose time waiting respawn.
 Asura.Elreck
By Asura.Elreck 2014-12-24 15:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

by the op was a great camp run went well did 4/5 but last didnt drop ><
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-24 15:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you have to go from the camp to the tower for each pop with a single character, 10% drop rate on a pool of about half a dozen mobs on 5 min respawn timers. So, assuming it takes you ~2 mins to kill the NM solo, and ~8 mins round trip from camp to tower, ~15 mins to enter and get TE's... You're talking about 25-30 mins per trial objective, it's at least 2 runs for a solo RNG/DNC to complete the trial. If you're farming without TH and in the wrong camp, it's pretty craptastic.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-24 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What is good augments to put on a Xiutleato? So OAT and....what? Attack, accuracy, crit hit rate?

This is for PLD, thinking, situations like dual-boxing job points or against fodder stuff where you don't need a shield.

Or should I just be aiming for a different sword entirely to off-hand? For the record I currently use Buramenkah main hand.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-24 15:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Att and acc depend of what youre fighting.

Crit will favor more your cdc and average melees, and wsd would favor more the savage blade as its first hit have higher dmg than first hit from cdc.

I would go with crit rate as i just spam cdc.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2014-12-25 02:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this has been asked already, but has anyone done testing if the capacity point increase gift from multiple jobs stacks? Because the wording is just "Increases Acquire Capacity Points by 5%." And I was wondering if it was worth it to get 5 quick job points on all my jobs to get that bonus.
 Asura.Eyedea
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-12-25 03:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Darkhelmet said: »
Apologies if this has been asked already, but has anyone done testing if the capacity point increase gift from multiple jobs stacks? Because the wording is just "Increases Acquire Capacity Points by 5%." And I was wondering if it was worth it to get 5 quick job points on all my jobs to get that bonus.

If you're talking per job, I think it'd be safe to say that first bonus is 5%, second is an additional 5% on top of the initial bonus then so and so forth.

If you're talking 5% on job1 then hoping it applies to job2, then no, it doesn't work that way since they're gifts to the specific job you're on.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2014-12-25 06:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Litany Clogs are WHM only as well, however, RDM doesn't need them to cap fastcast. Fastcast V trait (30), Vitivation Tabard +1 (13), Atrophy Chapeau +1 (12), Gendewitha Gages +1 (7), Artsieq Hose (5), Swith Cape +1 (4), Witful Belt (3), Loq. Earring (2), Orunmila Torque (5) is 81% without even using feet, which is more than enough, and you would probably benefit more from throwing quickmagic in any of the other slots that you can. This is the set I'd aim for on anything that doesn't require potency gear if you aren't using gearswap. If you are using Gearswap, it's fast enough to get into midcast even when quickmagic procs.

ItemSet 331835

It's 73%+ (depending on fastcast augment on Dalmatica +1 which can go as high as +5), and 13% Quickmagic (assuming max aug on Dalmatica which should be the priority for this piece). For all intents and purposes, you can't get much better unless you're trying to use a hybrid set for something like cures.

Edit: as an aside, I think we should move this discussion over to the RDM guide, as it's the place for RDM specific gear discussions and would benefit more people there.

Lebeche ring from Garuda is better since you cap FC without it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-25 08:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalm +1 fast cast can go as high as 6%, actually.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-25 09:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Inuyushi said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

ItemSet 331835

Lebeche ring from Garuda is better since you cap FC without it.

Assuming perfect augments on Dalmy+1, it's 79% with prolix, 77% without. So, not capped, but it wouldn't matter much, I just forgot that ring even existed.
By Zoltar 2014-12-25 14:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Why don't people use Anhur Robe for 10% fast cast?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-25 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Why don't people use Anhur Robe for 10% fast cast?

Depending on the job, mostly because you don't need the extra fastcast to cap and Dalmy's combination of quickmagic and fastcast are more useful.
By Zoltar 2014-12-25 14:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think fast cast had a cap....hmmph
First Page 2 3 ... 338 339 340 ... 843 844 845