Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 326 327 328 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Powerful
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Powerful
By Cerberus.Powerful 2014-11-10 21:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ty
By mortontony1 2014-11-12 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to make sure I'm not crazy real quick. I had a few mules on my account that I stopped paying for that are now available to log back in, presumably from one of the campaigns going on right now? Once the event is over they would automatically get turned off again and I wouldn't be charged for them again, correct? Unless I go into SE account and set it up again?
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-11-12 13:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Just want to make sure I'm not crazy real quick. I had a few mules on my account that I stopped paying for that are now available to log back in, presumably from one of the campaigns going on right now? Once the event is over they would automatically get turned off again and I wouldn't be charged for them again, correct? Unless I go into SE account and set it up again?

Right, the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign activates inactive characters. They'll turn back off again on the 17th, or thereabouts.
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-11-12 14:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
mortontony1 said: »

Right, the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign activates inactive characters. They'll turn back off again on the 17th, or thereabouts.

Awesome thanks for the clarity ^^
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-11-12 17:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to remove a Augment from skirmish gear in hopes of sending it to a mule on same POL account?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-12 18:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Is there a way to remove a Augment from skirmish gear in hopes of sending it to a mule on same POL account?

If it's a NQ piece... +1 it, other than that, not that I know of.
By Davorin 2014-11-12 18:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish gear shows up on the undeliverable same-account list. I'm not in game to confirm this though.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/14591-Undeliverable-Same-Account-Ex-Items
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-12 20:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've dboxed skirmish gear to my mules, just can't do it while augmented.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-11-13 06:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pixie Hairpin +1

Some have claimed that the dark element: MAB is actually dark affinity. Has anyone tested/proven this? If it is dark affinity, does it also give a very strong Macc boost as well?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-13 06:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not exactly affinity, but something very similar, it's multiplied separately from mab. So it's a 1.28 multiplier for every dark magic or ws.
All gear that says element:mab has this behaviour(Archon ring for instance).
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-11-13 08:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it give Macc for dark element spells though? The old elemental staffs gave a hefty Macc bonus as part of their affinity, just wondering if thats the case here too or if its strictly a damage bonus because its "almost but not quite like affinity". This would make a sweet frazzle piece if it gave Macc like true affinity, but I'm probably dreaming.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-13 08:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I meant, macc is not part of the package.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-11-13 08:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, thanks for the response
 Asura.Llaessnar
Server: Asura
user: Llaessnar
By Asura.Llaessnar 2014-11-13 08:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
No but keep doing adoulin dial on your chars; can get Leb wings to earn new gear without leaving town

Or even Pulchridopt Wing, just got one on mule...now need 5 more :P
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-13 08:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO haste does stack with haste 1 correct?
By Crevox 2014-11-13 09:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Yes, and Haste 2, naturally stopping at the magic haste cap.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-13 09:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Yes, and Haste 2, naturally stopping at the magic haste cap.
Thanks just wanted to be certain.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-13 21:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably late to the party, but did SE just erase Grimoire history as the Meebles week started?

I had a full Sauro clear and now it's gone... kinda lame.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-11-13 22:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they kicking people for botting all their Capactiy points yet or are they still letting everyone slide?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-13 22:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Are they kicking people for botting all their Capactiy points yet or are they still letting everyone slide?

As long as there have been things that could be botted, people have been botting. They didn't ban claim botters, they didn't ban fish botters, they didn't ban NPC item botters, and they won't ban CP/EXP botters. Why do you care so much about what other people do, though?

JP are neither critical or game changing in almost every category for almost every job, anyway, it's not like they have found a way to skirt a grind that you are required to do.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-11-13 22:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They did ban most those botters and this used to be the type of game where even talking about things could get you banned. They even had anti-bot measures built in for many functions like the fishing questions. That's what quality game companies do to ensure fair gameplay and for players to feel that putting in legitimate effort and playing the game the way it was intended doesn't make them a sucker that has to put in 12 hours of grind every just to keep up with the guys who do it while they sleep.

Anyone who is slightly competitive should care this isn't a single player game. We all have stakes in our character progression.

Even just looking at the category for ranger. 10 extra secs on shadowbind can make the difference between a wipe and a recovery. I can go down the list but they do have a much larger impact then people like to claim.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-13 23:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They let claim bots run rampart for the entirety of HNM camping. RARELY did anyone ever get caught fishbotting, for the thousands of fishbots, maybe 100 got banned.

Everything botable, has, and will always be botted. It's impossible (logistically) to prove. Yeah, he's running the same path over and over and over, doesn't prove anything.

It's like they say, if you can't beat em, join em. Or waste your time/breath bitching about it. Anyone with half a brain and more than maybe 100 jp, botted them. You'd have to seriously have nothing better to do in life at all if you're legit obtaining JP.

JP are going to be in the near future, a basic requirement. Just look at ***like Hasso. If you don't have 10/10 Hasso right now. You're Gimp. That's the same as adding ~20,000,000g to your tp/ws set, or more.

But this is not the thread for this kinda stuff.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-14 01:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
They let claim bots run rampart for the entirety of HNM camping. RARELY did anyone ever get caught fishbotting, for the thousands of fishbots, maybe 100 got banned.

Everything botable, has, and will always be botted. It's impossible (logistically) to prove. Yeah, he's running the same path over and over and over, doesn't prove anything.

It's like they say, if you can't beat em, join em. Or waste your time/breath bitching about it. Anyone with half a brain and more than maybe 100 jp, botted them. You'd have to seriously have nothing better to do in life at all if you're legit obtaining JP.

JP are going to be in the near future, a basic requirement. Just look at ***like Hasso. If you don't have 10/10 Hasso right now. You're Gimp. That's the same as adding ~20,000,000g to your tp/ws set, or more.

But this is not the thread for this kinda stuff.

I have to disagree with them letting folks run rampant unchecked free during the HNM camping era. I remember camping fafhog and seeing a entire ls get jailed and dissappear during camp by a gm.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-14 01:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on thread random question topic. Does Macbain great sword substitute as a decent resolution gs for non ragnorak warriors for zerg situations. Has anyone tried ?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-14 02:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Anyone with half a brain and more than maybe 100 jp, botted them. You'd have to seriously have nothing better to do in life at all if you're legit obtaining JP.

I wonder if you have a brain at all for making such statement. For nothing you just offended people you dont even know.

Guess your brain instead grey just went full brown.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-14 02:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i've never botted JP and i'm well over 100, hello incursion

(before anyone jumps on that, i'm not claiming that i'm morally better than doing it, just never have)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-14 03:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm tempted to get the last word, you *** drag ***on and on for pages. And this isn't the thread to do it in.

RQT, not discuss how much comeatmebot bots things, and who I do/don't insult. (spoiler, I insult everyone)

Random question, how annoying is this new event for the mandy trust, compared to the gobs vs moogles. That one was a bit obnoxious.
First Page 2 3 ... 326 327 328 ... 836 837 838