Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 325 326 327 ... 834 835 836
By gdiShun 2014-10-31 17:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

WS DMG+ is the only thing(outside of Burt) that effects Atonement damage. So like Phorcys body, Ogier's legs, and I think Gavialis head will too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-31 18:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For VW can you sub /smn and get the smn procs?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-31 18:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they're all way past 49.
[+]
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-11-04 15:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do I find an up to date STP/x-hit calculator? I can't find it on DPS spreadsheet for the love of my life.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2014-11-06 08:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This has probably been brought up, so I apologize now to those who get upset about repeat posts.

I understand that there is a cap on TH, meaning that full TH (for proc purposes at least) can be reached without a weapon.

I also know that the potential for a TH upgrade is increased with the more TH gear a THF is wearing.

When trying to reach TH12, is it beneficial to stack the extra TH? I know that you can't proc 10 on the first proc if you have full TH gear, but does it increase the chances?

Thanks

EDIT: I feel that I worded this poorly. Let me give an example:

I have on just enough gear to proc TH9 on my first hit. After I proc TH9 (or before even), if I am trying to hit TH10, would it improve my chances if I used my 2 TH daggers that I was not using prior?

Thanks again
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-11-06 13:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Equipping those daggers won't make a difference if you're already at TH8, even for the chance of more procs. As long as you've got +5 from gear/Ionis/whatever, you're doing everything you can to boost it. As far as I know, the only thing that gives an actual boost beyond the TH8 gear limit is the Treasure Hound Super Kupower (making it ideal for Behemoth spamming).
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2014-11-06 15:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply. I do know of Treasure Hound. Wish I had known before I got my D-ring (not that I would have saved THAT much time).

As it stands, I only really use dagger(s) in salvage II on NMs in two cases:

1. When I do not have hand, waist, or feet slots unlocked
and
2. When I want to proc TH12 on NQ Megaboss before killing it (I usually go down to just Thief's Knife for this).

I just don't care to lose kill speed on other things (gears, chariots, acroliths, etc. if using daggers won't increase the chance at a proc.

Thanks again
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-07 03:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it reliable to spam wailing stone +1 on hq armor or should I suck it up and stick to +2 stones (assume I'm not going for THE best augments)?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-07 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Is it reliable to spam wailing stone +1 on hq armor or should I suck it up and stick to +2 stones (assume I'm not going for THE best augments)?

Due to random nature of this system, its almost impossible anyone to come with a definitive answer for this.

First because none know for sure the exact range of +1. Its easier to believe in a limit if you already saw someone with that augment, but how many tries would need to conclude the range is wider? Would need an irreasonable amount of tests, and none ever keep record of that, so basically, none can say the max of +1 is the same of the +2.

From my experience with +1, i would say it really depend. Depend how high is the range of the augment you want. For example, mab or macc. Varying from 0 to 30, its easier to get a decent number with +1. My personal record was 28 mab with +1. Now, for augments with lower range, like crit and da, that vary from 0 to 2, i would say its unlikely to get anything above 1. Ive been trying a some stacks of +1 (maybe 5 or 6) trying for snapshot (goes up to 3), and the max i got was 1, though someone stated he already got 2.

And if you happen to want a mix of pdt and mdt, i would completely say to go with +2. Mdt rate in gear with +1 is very bad. So, if its unlikely having good stats or good pdt and mdt as augments, its even more unlikely to get both at same time.

So, short answer, of you just want average augments, +1 is the way to go. The augments wont be bad. But if you want pdt, mdt and stat, go straight to +2. And if you want to use +2, be prepared to spend a few stacks of that for a single piece. The +1 average is about the same as the +2 average.

Good thing is that next campaign will have increased luck in skirmish, its expected to wailing drops a good amount % in price.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-07 13:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the long answer. I don't think I would ever use a few stacks of +2 for a good pdt+mdt augment, that is ridiculous.
By Wordspoken 2014-11-07 13:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Silver Sea Remnants II. Is it just me, or is the drop rate for extra plans terrible?
 Carbuncle.Riaka
Server: Carbuncle
user: Grimix88
By Carbuncle.Riaka 2014-11-07 15:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, can anyone point me to a good guide to how to use gear swap? Been having trouble making it work

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Firebrandt 2014-11-07 16:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
since the wailing+2 system came out i've spent well over 600 million gil on my skirmish+1's augments, no lols were had..
Especially not when SE releases armor +2!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-07 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

BG is up to date and Lilisette is the 54th Trust, right?
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-11-08 05:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been checking some whm LUAs and they are too complicated for me. Could anyone point me at a simple whm LUA please?

I mean I am looking for one with only basic rules such as different sets for different type of spells, a simple rule to switch between idle and dt modes and 2 precast rules for cures and others, nothing fancy/highly situational.
By Zoltar 2014-11-08 10:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that can confirm -5 perp is possible with Wailing Stone +1 (Hagondes gear)
By Pantafernando 2014-11-08 10:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Anyone that can confirm -5 perp is possible with Wailing Stone +1 (Hagondes gear)

I once got a hagondes perp 5 trying a pet mab, i dont think i would burn a +2 with hagondes, and for pet mab.

I dont remember well but im almost sure it was a +1. It was a stone burn session, and i would never stone burn with +2.
By Zoltar 2014-11-08 12:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple others in LS had similar responses lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-08 18:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you redo AMKD add-on (head) fight, how do you go about it?

BG says: "If you want to change your hat you must first discard your current hat and then do Smash! A Malevolent Menace again."

Which seems like you can just redo the BC right away. I thought you had to buy a KI from an npc first or something.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-11-08 20:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You buy the Keyitem off the goblin in Port Jeuno. I forget what his name is, but he's near the Galka NPC towards the mog house.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-08 21:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
BG is up to date and Lilisette is the 54th Trust, right?
54 sounds right. I have them all except Ingrid, and iirc I have 53. (Though it's been like a week since I counted.)

>_>
I feel we have enough Trusts... But at least they're starting to adjust Trusts now...
Cause every DD Trust except Mumor can't do ***for damage.
Hopefully next will be to add at least 1MP auto-refresh to mage and /mage Trusts.
(Pretty much every body the player can use at 99 have refresh+2... So why does Shantotto and Ajido-Marujido have 0 refresh and cast T5s? Non-WHM mage Trusts need serious tweaking... I mean, Ulmia will pianssimo and THEN sing 2 songs... Smh)
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-08 21:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
This has probably been brought up, so I apologize now to those who get upset about repeat posts.

I understand that there is a cap on TH, meaning that full TH (for proc purposes at least) can be reached without a weapon.

I also know that the potential for a TH upgrade is increased with the more TH gear a THF is wearing.

When trying to reach TH12, is it beneficial to stack the extra TH? I know that you can't proc 10 on the first proc if you have full TH gear, but does it increase the chances?

Thanks

EDIT: I feel that I worded this poorly. Let me give an example:

I have on just enough gear to proc TH9 on my first hit. After I proc TH9 (or before even), if I am trying to hit TH10, would it improve my chances if I used my 2 TH daggers that I was not using prior?

Thanks again
If I read this right... I think you're asking how TH affects TH level up?

If you have the cap: TH8; and then swap to no TH gear, reducing you to TH3... You will basically NEVER see a TH upgrade.
Or rather, it's so rare that it might as well not exist.
And by keeping +TH gear on, the likelihood of TH leveling up is increased.

So if you really want that TH12, keep your TH+ gear on until you hit it.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-11-09 14:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how to stop spam mail to your PoL email? Every time I log into POL I have at least 2 spam emails. I don't even use that email account, I never have.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-11-09 22:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i probably could of used the search feature but I want to see if anyone can just answer. Is there a thread or guide to get returning players up and running with current content? I'm trying to help someone who returned but haven't played since abyssea. Any useful info would be much appreciated.

And if you want to state the obvious, be my guest as well!
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-11-10 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know which dat is for buffs etc only in xiview?
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2014-11-10 18:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me, or did mob charmed by Maiden's Virelai use not to attack other mobs?
It seems as long as you're on a mob's hate list, the charmed pet will attack it, now.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-11-10 18:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is the best neck+1 to get after completing Balamor's Ruse fight? Only for Wildkeeper's reives uses of course...Thinking Ygnas neck+1 for my BLU, only jo I bring over there to learn UL spells, would help my Sanguine Blades to spam faster and harder hehe Opinions?
 Cerberus.Powerful
Server: Cerberus
user: Powerful
By Cerberus.Powerful 2014-11-10 21:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you view the other stats on gear that is under the white triangle?
First Page 2 3 ... 325 326 327 ... 834 835 836