Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 327 328 329 ... 831 832 833
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-11-14 03:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*Makes baseless claim*
*Gets called out on said baseless claim*
*Tries to change the topic ASAP*
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-14 03:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not changing the topic, being ON TOPIC. We (you) can discuss dumbshit all you want. Not in this thread. You can even call it how much of an *** is Valli. I couldn't care less. Just don't expect much/any input from me, I get bored after 5 minutes.

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
But this is not the thread for this kinda stuff.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-14 03:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want it in the thread, the simple solution is to say you're wrong. Obviously I'm not going to argue with you if you aren't disagreeing.

To assert that you're correct then say that it doesn't belong in the thread is laughable at best, are you that incapable of dealing with criticism or dissenting opinions?
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-11-14 04:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Back on thread random question topic. Does Macbain great sword substitute as a decent resolution gs for non ragnorak warriors for zerg situations. Has anyone tried ?

Bump
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-14 06:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on thread random question topic. Does Macbain great sword substitute as a decent resolution gs for non ragnorak warriors for zerg situations. Has anyone tried ?

Bump
No. Macbain is kinda a terrible GS.
Senbaak+1 would be better if only for the much lower delay and STR... And a path A r12 Delve2 GS would be better than that. Though there really isn't a comparison with REMs like that.
(In other words, Ragnarok shits on nonREMs so that it doesn't matter.)

Have you considered GA? If no Ragnarok, then the GAs available nowadays are rather quite good and come with large amounts of DA which can give you more spikes in damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-14 11:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the cap for fast cast gear? As in if you have 40% in gear then adding more won't help.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 11:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
*Makes baseless claim*
*Gets called out on said baseless claim*
*Tries to change the topic ASAP*

It's not baseless, but it is off-topic. Sure, people have been banned for botting, but it's hardly something that was heavily enforced, mostly because it's hard to prove definitively. I don't know where you find actual data, but I'd be SHOCKED if more than 1% of the people using bots have ever even got a warning for them.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 11:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
What is the cap for fast cast gear? As in if you have 40% in gear then adding more won't help.

There's no cap for fastcast outside of the 80% casting time reduction cap. It's not like the individual caps for things like gear haste, but some forms of casting and recast reduction are more potent than others depending on where in the equation they are calculated.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-11-14 11:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I see, thanks.

BG says this, which seemed like 40% was the gear cap:

Recast reduction is half of the cast time reduction, rounded down to the nearest whole percentage.

Casting Time reduction cap is 80%.

Thus, Fast Cast's maximum contribution to recast reduction is 40%.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-14 12:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Ok I see, thanks.

BG says this, which seemed like 40% was the gear cap:

Recast reduction is half of the cast time reduction, rounded down to the nearest whole percentage.

Casting Time reduction cap is 80%.

Thus, Fast Cast's maximum contribution to recast reduction is 40%.

Not quite. There is a maximum fastcast can contribute to recast reduction, but it's limited by the amount of fastcast you could actually wear, not it's value. Haste affects recast more than fastcast up to the individual haste caps, however, you could theoretically wear 160% fastcast and cap recast reduction that way. There's also some question on what, if any, the actual recast reduction cap is. There was some testing showing at least some things breaking the assumed 80% cap.

For spells that have no potency modifier and accuracy is irrelevant, cap gear haste, then throw in fastcast/recast gear anywhere you can, and don't forget elemental affinities like magian staves if they are worth it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2014-11-15 00:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning from a ~ 1 year hiatus. I still have a Loki's in my solo SA/TA set as well as my Blade: Hi. At what point does this new level gear out perform the Loki's? Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-11-15 04:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

"Free" player with a question about transfers.

I seem to be unable to transfer my characters while free, and there seems to be a stipulation of having to wait 3 days after your last charge before they allow you to shuffle off to greener pastures, but what I'm curious about, is will my nonpaid for mules be able to be dragged with me and my paid characters?

Got 18 characters on my account, but only really use 4-5 for play and mule purposes. The rest are just nice to have for events like this, with the gobbie box and all that, so you can hopefully understand why I'm curious if I'll be paying SE $17.95 + $9, or going nearly $30 if needed to take the whole litter with me.
By Davorin 2014-11-15 04:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quintow said: »
Returning from a ~ 1 year hiatus. I still have a Loki's in my solo SA/TA set as well as my Blade: Hi. At what point does this new level gear out perform the Loki's? Thanks.

I would anticipate something as easy to get as Espial Gambison would be better than Loki's Kaftan.
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2014-11-15 07:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

I would anticipate something as easy to get as Espial Gambison would be better than Loki's Kaftan.

Ok, just didn't know with the straight 5% increase in crit damage from Loki's if the stat vomit from Espial would over-take it in DPS.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-15 07:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

Ok, just didn't know with the straight 5% increase in crit damage from Loki's if the stat vomit from Espial would over-take it in DPS.

For sata, pillagers body will beat lokis in every aspect, and still plunderer is better than pillager (slight less crit dmg but has crit rate).

For hi, should check nin guide. Eyeballing, twice agi plus str to add to fstr and pdif should be better even if the ws crits, and will help when you dont, unlike lokis but need a spreadsheet to check the diference.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-11-15 08:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My POL is giving me 1 hour left for the Nov update. Anyone got a direct download link? Thanks.
 Siren.Scottyb
Server: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2014-11-15 12:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can choose any wildskeeper reive drop, enjoy mnk thf and dnc as well as Sam, what should I pick?

Basically returned from the game pre adoulin so gear is almost all 99 cap.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-15 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Scottyb said: »
I can choose any wildskeeper reive drop, enjoy mnk thf and dnc as well as Sam, what should I pick?

Basically returned from the game pre adoulin so gear is almost all 99 cap.

Have all

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2014-11-15 14:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking through NNI gear (never was able to do it back in the day) and really liking the Refresh pants and Phoryics body. Curious as to how easy it is now with iLvl things?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-15 14:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ridiculously easy. 5 DDs and somebody to poledance is all you need.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-15 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

more like 1 RNG and 1 BRD with powder boots or clipper

probably even soloable on a lucky run
By mortontony1 2014-11-15 14:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

{Clipper} {No thanks!}
But thanks, I'll have to try a few runs in the next few days
By Pantafernando 2014-11-15 15:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

How can i disable the unity chat?

I dont really know how to read japanese, and dont feel like talking to rmts (lots of low level player with weird giberish names),
 Odin.Phunkism
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-11-15 15:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

status > unity > unity info > inactive
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-15 16:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dumb question here! Can you pouch Hachiya Shuriken? Mithra isn't accepting Carnations with them. I see Hachiya Shuriken Pouches exist, so I'd assume there's a way to pouch them.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-15 16:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
more like 1 RNG and 1 BRD with powder boots or clipper

probably even soloable on a lucky run
Soloing neo nyzul floor 1-100 on a lucky run? Hmmm
just conceptual, but mythic blm can put out the DPS to do it if you had an easy end set of floors

kraken rng wrecks in there, a good wildfire set will one shot jellies/flans and coronach will one shot most other mobs, with a second coro and dark sc finishing the rest
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2014-11-15 16:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Dumb question here! Can you pouch Hachiya Shuriken? Mithra isn't accepting Carnations with them. I see Hachiya Shuriken Pouches exist, so I'd assume there's a way to pouch them.

Honestly I ran into this problem too, so when I did I had to reread the original post.

Square-Enix Oct7, 2014 Update said:
Trading ninety-nine of the following types of shuriken to Ominous Cloud of Troupe Valeriano together with a wijnruit will provide players with an item that stores the appropriate amount of shuriken.

Shuriken / Juji Shuriken / Manji Shuriken / Fuma Shuriken / Koga Shuriken / Iga Shurken / Roppo Shuriken / Roppo Shuriken +1 / Happo Shuriken / Happo Shuriken +1 / Hachiya Shuriken / Suppa Shuriken / Togakushi Shuriken
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-15 16:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone or will anyone adjust the radar function for the open sourced apradar? I r sad without the red letters easymode.
First Page 2 3 ... 327 328 329 ... 831 832 833