Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 322 323 324 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-17 16:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, and holy ***that looks too easy for a High Level Battlefield.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-10-17 16:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Now that APradar has gone open-source, it is now on github and anyone can activate the pro. http://apradar.com/showthread.php?1747-ApRadar-is-now-Open-Source&s=88baf0fee6b18549614183693d1f0db2

My question is how, anyone smarter than me when it comes to this *** (shouldn't be very hard) help me out?

I'm talking like, walk me through it like I'm a *** 2nd grader. me and github don't get along at all.

It's on Windower's site.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-17 16:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't help. Link to where, specifically, likely still would not help.

I need it written in crayon, with small words, possibly pictures, also drawn in crayon.

Does one go: http://vissaben.github.io/ApRadar/ (here) and just download/install and delete the original, I assume? And it will have all the nifty features unlocked etc?

I'm not going to even attempt it and *** it up until someone else who's actually intelligent enough to fix it does it first.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2014-10-17 16:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't want to post a link, afaik linking to third party programs isn't allowed.

Yes, download it from Windower's site.

Make a folder to put Apradar_Debug.exe into.

Run it.

Copy original map files from your current original APR3 folder.

Voila. VNM tracker unlocked.
By minikomby 2014-10-19 00:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

does windower work on window 8.1? a friend told me that he couldnt run windower on windows 8.1, anyone know if this is true? i just got new pc and it has window 8.1
By Kell 2014-10-19 02:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it works fine. I use 8.1 pro and have no issues.
By Leoheart 2014-10-19 08:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the best place to farm capacity points solo?

Edit:

And does the Occasionally attacks twice augment on i115 weapons need to be equipped in the mainhand to work?
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-10-19 08:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower Plugin Unlimited. In my opinion the greatest plugin ever created. Have several questions regarding this.

1. Can this get you banned?

2. How many of you use this?

3. Have you had any issues with this, like having to unload it before zoning? I'm so freaking paranoid about it but its so GREAT!.

Thank you.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-19 08:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Probably not, because it doesn't actually affect your client's behavior in any notable way. It *might* affect fishing, but I haven't tested it.

2) I use it. IDK about everyone else.

3) Not really. When it first was released on -dev it used to cause DCs when zoning because SE tied client time-out to frame rate for some reason.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-10-19 08:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
1) Probably not, because it doesn't actually affect your client's behavior in any notable way. It *might* affect fishing, but I haven't tested it.

2) I use it. IDK about everyone else.

3) Not really. When it first was released on -dev it used to cause DCs when zoning because SE tied client time-out to frame rate for some reason.

I have found out this is used by 5.0 users of windower 4. How that number is 100% is beyond me. It makes the game Looks 1000000000000000000000000000000000X Better do you agree?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-19 09:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, of course. It's awesome.

We actually tried to release it two months ago and forgot to add it to the manifest, so it didn't show up in launcher. Oops!
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-10-19 09:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to publish this more to the community so more people are aware of the EPIC usage of this plugin. Come on guys this is GROUND breaking!!
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-19 09:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leoheart said: »

Edit:

And does the Occasionally attacks twice augment on i115 weapons need to be equipped in the mainhand to work?
Doh and Woh gates offer the most capacity points over time... but pretty much anywhere in Adoulin can be used for capacity point farming. "Dungeon" areas are better since they have higher level mobs so the chain lasts longer.

OAT can proc on either hand. But only the hand with the weapon equipped. (as in only the weapon with OAT will OAT)
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-10-19 10:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget any more stupid random questions. Why isn't this plugin being used. It's like going from Tylenol to Heroin. Come on guys. At least put something on the front page of windower 4.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-19 10:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Forget any more stupid random questions. Why isn't this plugin being used. It's like going from Tylenol to Heroin. Come on guys. At least put something on the front page of windower 4.

Due to some kind of oversight it just didn't get added to the live version of the launcher. They just noticed it wasn't there like 3 or 4 days ago.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-19 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leoheart said: »

Depend on job and your method, I've heard BLUs AoE burn in marj around biv2.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-10-19 13:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Care to go in to more details? At work and cant really see any info about this addon anywhere.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-19 13:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Care to go in to more details? At work and cant really see any info about this addon anywhere.

It's a plugin that removes the 30FPS cap on FFXI, though it doesn't seem to go any higher than 60. I never realized that the animations had that many frames to display, but it really does bring the game forward at least a couple years in look.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-10-19 13:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Loire said: »

It's a plugin that removes the 30FPS cap on FFXI, though it doesn't seem to go any higher than 60. I never realized that the animations had that many frames to display, but it really does bring the game forward at least a couple years in look.
Does it handle it any differently than the other 3rd party exe that does the same thing. Though for myself it is great way to have my nvidia display drivers crash.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-19 13:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say, but I haven't had any luck getting ff to actually use my GPU, so I don't get nvidia driver issues, but it does seem to lag out a bit and never goes above ~56fps on the radeon graphics. For most people, unlimited is a serious improvement to the gameplay.
 Sylph.Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-10-19 14:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's such a great plugin if I had to have only 1 this would be it hands down no discussion. Please try it.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-10-19 15:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's such a great plugin if I had to have only 1 this would be it hands down no discussion. Please try it.
Definitely great but I value stability while playing so sadly if this just like how the exe file did this a few years back for my rig its a guaranteed crash. Probably one of the few that have this issue though its prone to newer nvidia cards it seems.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-19 15:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Err so after reading here I tried using the unlimited plugin but most of the time it looks like I'm running in slow motion, is there a reason for that? Would it be PC specs, the fact I'm dual boxing? Trying to think of reasons!
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 08:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bgwiki says Tomahawk will negate Invincible by 25% but I don't see any references or citations and personally have never seen it in action. Can anyone verify/confirm?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-20 08:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That note predates my work on bgwiki and honestly I've never tried it. My impression was that Tomahawk doesn't affect Invincible.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-20 08:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It does seem unlikely it would affect invincible since it is supposed to reduce special defences (resistance to blunt, slashing that sort of thing) whereas Invincible is straight up 100% damage reduction from non-ranged physical attacks.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-20 09:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems farfetched for any standard ability to impact an SP, I'll test it tomorrow when I get home if nobody doee before then.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-21 05:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw this brought up before, but there was never an answer to it (though it wasn't a question, just an observation, and in a different thread etc).

Did anyone ever figure out what it was that caused the game to no longer show pet animations at all?

My jugs just stand there, they are doing damage, but no animations happen, also, when an enemy attacks them, there is no animation as well.

(I don't filter any actions, they're all off)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-21 06:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be autoloading the PetCrashFix or whatever from the launcher.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-21 06:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If I turn that off, pet animations will occur again? Is that the thing that was added because of the geo bubbles crashing?

Is it even safe to turn off lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 322 323 324 ... 836 837 838