Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 323 324 325 ... 835 836 837
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-21 06:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it was added because of an bug in FFXI. I don't know if SE has fixed the bug yet, and I don't know if it ever affected your computer.

I've been playing GEO lately and haven't crashed, so I'd be unsurprised if they fixed it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-21 06:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aight, thanks for the answer, it's a little boring watching the pet just stand there...

I'll see what happens.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-21 06:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, I'm currently doing the Dynamis RoE objectives, I already know I'm gonna have issues with charm but other things I'm concerned about.

1) Angra Mainyu, he'll cast Death sure and I'll Floutish it but is it safer to just stay away from him when he Chainspells, will he chase me and insta-cast death on me? Likewise, will he teleport away and start casting Death on me as I approach? Will Shadow Ring make a noticeable difference?

2) Is there anything to worry about with Dynamis Lord?

For the record I generally dual box THF/DNC + WHM, mainly THF so I can farm after the objectives are done.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-10-21 07:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis Lord spawns 2 dragons at some point in the fight, and might split into 2 Lords if I remember right...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-21 07:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1) he'll cast death immediately after chainspell starts, if you have a good build you may be able to one shot him with a 300 TP bully ws and avoid it, but don't plan on surviving cs

2) tera slash can potentially insta-death you and is too fast to stun, dragons pop after 2-3 minutes but won't really end you.. if you bring reraise you can expect to win within a couple tries unless extremely unlucky
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 08:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have a question, I'm currently doing the Dynamis RoE objectives, I already know I'm gonna have issues with charm but other things I'm concerned about.

1) Angra Mainyu, he'll cast Death sure and I'll Floutish it but is it safer to just stay away from him when he Chainspells, will he chase me and insta-cast death on me? Likewise, will he teleport away and start casting Death on me as I approach? Will Shadow Ring make a noticeable difference?

For the record I generally dual box THF/DNC + WHM, mainly THF so I can farm after the objectives are done.

2 sugestions i can do for Ahriman, i didnt test but would be great to know if that can work.

1. Try using asylum before chainspell;

2. If whm is first in hate list, you gonna have 1 or so sec before angra cast death on you. Try lacerny.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-21 08:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

2 sugestions i can do for Ahriman, i didnt test but would be great to know if that can work.

1. Try using asylum before chainspell;

2. If whm is first in hate list, you gonna have 1 or so sec before angra cast death on you. Try lacerny.
Ooh didn't think of that, so simple it's brilliant! I was also thinking the moment I see the 2hr animation I would violent flourish, if I can get Larceny in then that would take away a major headache.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-21 19:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

My blu skill is 200. Whats a good spell to learn with low cost low recast, non dmg that i can use to spam in roots in reive for skillups?

Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-21 20:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Where flan masque obtained from, just being turned into a Flan after trading cookies.
By Voren 2014-10-21 20:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

My blu skill is 200. Whats a good spell to learn with low cost low recast, non dmg that i can use to spam in roots in reive for skillups?

Thanks in advance.

You could always /sch use sublimation and cast aspir as needed for MP instead of using refresh.

Bludgeon is a low cost spell that works well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-10-23 18:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a random question regarding Tarutaru Sash augmented with Treasure Hunter +1

As a whm, if I apply Dia for example on a mob, the TH may apply (?)

Would using the sash in an aggressive action (ie: whm dia, para, slow, addle) would it at all help in say......incursion coffer drops?

Or would it simply not matter if a THF is already in pt in Incursion

Just curious if it helps or I shouldn't bother

Thanks~
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-23 18:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I have a random question regarding Tarutaru Sash augmented with Treasure Hunter +1

As a whm, if I apply Dia for example on a mob, the TH may apply (?)

Would using the sash in an aggressive action (ie: whm dia, para, slow, addle) would it at all help in say......incursion coffer drops?

Or would it simply not matter if a THF is already in pt in Incursion

Just curious if it helps or I shouldn't bother

Thanks~

It will apply TH1 for your character. If you have a THF with TH8 tag the mob, your TH doesn't add to it, their higher value overwrites yours. For solo, it's helpful, but not gamechanging.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-10-23 18:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick response ^_^
By Zoltar 2014-10-23 19:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm not understanding Scholar's Sublimation ability, but does it work for Blood Pacts when you're SMN/SCH?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-23 19:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Maybe I'm not understanding Scholar's Sublimation ability, but does it work for Blood Pacts when you're SMN/SCH?

Work for bloodpacts how?

Sublimation
By Zoltar 2014-10-23 19:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can it store MP used for Blood Pacts?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-23 19:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Can it store MP used for Blood Pacts?

Read the BG wiki page on sublimation and see if you still have the same question.

It's essentially a DoT that slowly drains your HP and builds a reserve of MP that you can then recover to your MP pool. You can't use MP that is stored until you release it to your MP pool.
By Zoltar 2014-10-23 19:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thanks. I thought it drained hp equivalent to mp used for spells and the like (if that was true I was hoping Blood Pacts were an extension of it)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-25 23:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How exactly does enemy HP scale in Delve when comparing different alliance sizes? Specifically, the difference between 6 compared to 7 or 8 or 9.
 Sylph.Bekah
By Sylph.Bekah 2014-10-26 00:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For Dyna/Salvage- CDC or Requiescat? edit: BLU of course.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-10-26 00:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sanguine Blade and CDC, Requiescat for utility.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-26 03:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
How exactly does enemy HP scale in Delve when comparing different alliance sizes? Specifically, the difference between 6 compared to 7 or 8 or 9.

Each extra players above 6 will add 1/18 of NMs hp. At 6, its the min HP, resulting in 1/3 of max HP. Or if you prefer, if you consider the 6 man HP as 1, each extra player will add 1/6 of 6manHP.

Last mega boss I parsed was Dakuwaqa with 460650.

6 -> 1 NMHPfor6man = 460.650
7 -> 1+1/6 = 1,17 = 538.960
8 -> 1+2/6 = 1,33 = 612.664
9 -> 1+3/6 = 1,5 = 690.975
12 -> 1+6/6 = 2 = 921.300
18 -> 1+12/6 = 3 = 1.381.950

For this example, of Dakuwaqa, each extra member would add extra 1/6 hp, so around 76.775.
[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-10-26 06:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Where flan masque obtained from, just being turned into a Flan after trading cookies.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Event_2014/Guide
By GraverobberJ 2014-10-26 14:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just started playing again on a new character after having not touched the game since Pre-Abyssea times and I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how much there is to do (Both a blessing and a curse I guess). I generally log-on and aimlessly try and decide on something to do out of the absolute mountain of content in-front of me before realizing the day has passed without even accomplishing anything.

I've got DRK at 99 and a slew of other jobs either at 30 or 49, the problem is I don't even know where to begin or what jobs are even valuable/practical for someone who is starting fresh (That and the jobs that I had interest in before I stopped playing originally now have requirements that I wouldn't even know how to start approaching like A/O Paladin being a basic req for playing the job).

I've got Dynamis access (No Dreamlands yet), Adoulin/Reive access, Abyssea access (Though I've only ever been to La Theine), Rank 7 in Nations, Aht Urghan access, Past zones access, no Sky/Sea yet. All I've really got for gear at this point is Sparks related (Outrider + Espial). If anyone could give me a breakdown of where I should be going from here I'd appreciate it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-26 14:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

GraverobberJ said: »
So I just started playing again on a new character after having not touched the game since Pre-Abyssea times and I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how much there is to do (Both a blessing and a curse I guess). I generally log-on and aimlessly try and decide on something to do out of the absolute mountain of content in-front of me before realizing the day has passed without even accomplishing anything.

I've got DRK at 99 and a slew of other jobs either at 30 or 49, the problem is I don't even know where to begin or what jobs are even valuable/practical for someone who is starting fresh (That and the jobs that I had interest in before I stopped playing originally now have requirements that I wouldn't even know how to start approaching like A/O Paladin being a basic req for playing the job).

I've got Dynamis access (No Dreamlands yet), Adoulin/Reive access, Abyssea access (Though I've only ever been to La Theine), Rank 7 in Nations, Aht Urghan access, Past zones access, no Sky/Sea yet. All I've really got for gear at this point is Sparks related (Outrider + Espial). If anyone could give me a breakdown of where I should be going from here I'd appreciate it.

Priority number 1 is level a more useful job, something solo-friendly but also party friendly. You'll probably want a melee job and a support job, so something like THF or MNK and GEO or COR. Then get dreamlands and salvage access so you can farm gil without having the higher gearcheck of other farming methods. Start working on the 109/119 pieces needed for the job you chose, and get into Yorcia and Ra'Kaznar Skirmish. A support job will make it much easier to get into things like delve and incursion to get the wins and plasm/gear you will need. After that, the world is your oyster, figure out what you want to get out of the game and don't waste time trying to avoid doing storyline content for access to places like Sky. AA/DM2 drops some of the best equipment in the game, you don't want to miss opportunities to get into groups because you haven't bothered to do some CS's for Sky access.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-26 14:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GraverobberJ said: »

Depend what you want to do in game. Supose your goal is just to olay social style, or just to do story missions, spark gear is enough. If you decide go to endgame, first thing and most important is to master several jobs. Current game, though it favors fast leveling and gearing, it isnt nice to people narrow minded or limited to one or few jobs, or limited to a single playstyle (just dd for example). So, if you really want to join endgame, start going to exp party and level several jobs like brd, whm, sam, farm jobs like thf and blu. Get used to cash makers nowaday like dynamis, salvage and woe, all of them dont require you to form or join a party.
By GraverobberJ 2014-10-26 15:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Capping all your skiills on drk is a good way to spend time and farm sparks at the same time, and you can spend the sparks on REM chapters to slowly get 109/119 gear. I would lvl thf to 99 for dynamis farming for gil if I was you but it's not mandatory. Do you enjoy any other jobs aside from drk?

I basically leveled up DRK on whim, I don't have any particular attachment to it. If I had to pick one job that I had absolute interest in it'd be PLD but I understand that it's not really a job recommended for people who are starting from scratch due to the gear expectations. Dunno what else I would turn to after that tbh.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-26 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Best thing you can do is to make friends who you get along with well. The tricky part is actually finding said people.
By Zoltar 2014-10-26 20:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the NM "Noble Mold" able to spawn in rainy weather during non-rainy real life months?
First Page 2 3 ... 323 324 325 ... 835 836 837