Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 321 322 323 ... 836 837 838
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-12 17:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
What's harder? Making A mythic to 119 or empry to 119 from scratch?

If you haven't done any of the mythic prereq's, it's probably about even. If you have, and gil isn't an issue, mythic is easier by far. There are generally quite a few Alexandrite available, HMP's dross/cinder not so much.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-12 17:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
What's harder? Making A mythic to 119 or empry to 119 from scratch?

Mythic.

The 50 days of assualts and nyzul consumes a time that you can easily farm enough cash for materials, thats not mentioning the alex.

Only downside of empy is the lack of hmp and expensive cinder if you happen to do a cinder empy. The cash itself is less troublesome than the pain of lack of hmp, and just need one person to completely shift the offer/demand equilibrium.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-12 17:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Which expedition in Meebles is the best to farm for points? It'll be a duo.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think all Meebles expeditions (except boss fights) reward the same for points, so you can just do whatever one you find easiest to clear all 3 objectives on, like some of the ones where you just kill weak crap.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-12 17:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Which expedition in Meebles is the best to farm for points? It'll be a duo.
I'm not 100% certain, but I think all Meebles expeditions reward the same for points, so you can just do whatever one you find easiest to clear all 3 objectives on, like some of the ones where you just kill weak crap.

According with bg, the more you advance in course, more marks you earn. Also, there are bonus for aditional person you bring with you.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-12 17:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, my mistake.
By Crevox 2014-10-13 04:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Would lowering MDB on a target increase its skillchain damage taken?

Repost unanswered question on new page for visibility.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-13 05:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Quote:

If mdb affect sc, that would imply sc possess a certain number of mab, what i dont think its true.
By Crevox 2014-10-13 05:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Quote:

If mdb affect sc, that would imply sc possess a certain number of mab, what i dont think its true.

According to the wiki, it affects "all magic damage", including elemental weaponskills. However, there's no statement on skillchain damage.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-13 05:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

According to the wiki, it affects "all magic damage", including elemental weaponskills. But no statement on skillchain damage.

Elemental weaponskill has mab in their modifiers. I dont know the general formula, but wildfire has a mab term, so reducing mob mdb will increase wildfire dmg.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-13 07:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SC are magic damage.
That's why a random Light SC will turn off Yumcax's regen in the WKR.

I don't believe SCs are affected by MAB, but just because they don't have a MAB doesn't mean that reducing MDB wouldn't raise their damage.
Because MDB reduces magic damage wholesale. (Hence why RUN takes stupid little damage from any magic.)
By Pantafernando 2014-10-13 07:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
SC are magic damage.

I don't believe SCs are affected by MAB, but just because they don't have a MAB doesn't mean that reducing MDB wouldn't raise their damage.
Because MDB reduces magic damage wholesale. (Hence why RUN takes stupid little damage from any magic.)

I believe sc are closer to enspells and rune dmg than from casted magics or magic ja/ws.

Enspells, according to wikia, does not benefit from mab. Instead benefit from enhancing skill. It does not benefit from mab, but as well arent affected by mdb. So, its not correct mdb reduces magic as a whole.

I would go as far to say, if something doesnt benefit from mab, it will bypass mdb also, because mab and mdb belong to same term, but thats just my opinion.
 Cerberus.Ykfan
Server: Cerberus
user: Ykfan
By Cerberus.Ykfan 2014-10-14 01:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was taking a long break from the game. What is the best R Acc food for rng right now?
By gdiShun 2014-10-14 01:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Going through the story again on an alt and I have a RotZ story-ish question.

EDIT: To possibly answer my own question.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-14 01:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
SC are magic damage.

I believe sc are closer to enspells and rune dmg than from casted magics or magic ja/ws.

Enspells, according to wikia, does not benefit from mab. Instead benefit from enhancing skill. It does not benefit from mab, but as well arent affected by mdb. So, its not correct mdb reduces magic as a whole.

I would go as far to say, if something doesnt benefit from mab, it will bypass mdb also, because mab and mdb belong to same term, but thats just my opinion.
MDB doesn't seem to apply to SC damage, or at least from what I've noticed with higher difficulty AA's (assuming AA's are benefiting from MDB and not %MDT). However, I have noticed enemies that take extra magic damage get totally ruined by SC damage, even before the update.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-15 05:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

What are the worthwhile items to buy with go for gs?

Shaded spetacles + goldsmithing apron + goldsmithing emblem + way of goldsmithing = 205k gp would be the amount of gp i would need total to perform goldsmithing in high performance?

Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-15 05:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

What are the worthwhile items to buy with go for gs?

Shaded spetacles + goldsmithing apron + goldsmithing emblem + way of goldsmithing = 205k gp would be the amount of gp i would need total to perform goldsmithing in high performance?

Thanks in advance.
That's correct.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-15 06:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question, so I'm aware you can resist charm from Brainjack, I did SSR yesterday and just wore ilvl 119 gear with all the magic evasion and never was hit.

Using the same tactics would you be able to resist Fanatic Dance charm? I want to do the RoE objectives for Dynamis - San d'Oria and could deal with the charm as I have a whm mule who could hold the mobs but it would still be inconvenient.

Pet job isn't possible as my only pet job, BST, hasn't been used for so long I wouldn't be comfortable using it.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-15 07:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I have a question, so I'm aware you can resist charm from Brainjack, I did SSR yesterday and just wore ilvl 119 gear with all the magic evasion and never was hit.

Using the same tactics would you be able to resist Fanatic Dance charm? I want to do the RoE objectives for Dynamis - San d'Oria and could deal with the charm as I have a whm mule who could hold the mobs but it would still be inconvenient.

Pet job isn't possible as my only pet job, BST, hasn't been used for so long I wouldn't be comfortable using it.

In my experience, at least, i have never resisted it.

Seems like fanatic dance is kinda of 1h ability, the bst charm, and it can charm 100% in players. Even in fodder like dynamis bst, if you kill pet before bst 1h, he will charm one player regardless being fodder and you having ilv gear.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-15 07:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, guess I'll struggle through.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-15 10:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Enemy BST charm can be resisted (though the message says it "misses", rather than "resists"). However, it's possible that some of the WS's, like with Terror seem to have impeccable accuracy, while others don't. I've never been able to resist Dance/Gala Macabre, for example.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-15 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Enemy BST charm can be resisted (though the message says it "misses", rather than "resists"). However, it's possible that some of the WS's, like with Terror seem to have impeccable accuracy, while others don't. I've never been able to resist Dance/Gala Macabre, for example.

It wasnt a resist due to special ability like fealty or asyllum?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-15 12:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, though if I'm on RUN I can do it with some regularity against higher level enemies. I do recall resisting it on THF as well. For what it's worth, there are 2 different charm statuses in the files, with the same name/description/icon. I suspect one is BST charm (as used by players) and the other is Virelai/NM BST charm/WS charm.
 Cerberus.Shashu
user: Sirseiko
By Cerberus.Shashu 2014-10-15 12:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the Lv15/25/35 Salvage gears sendable via same account? :x
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-10-15 13:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shashu said: »
Are the Lv15/25/35 Salvage gears sendable via same account? :x

They are, yes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shashu
user: Sirseiko
By Cerberus.Shashu 2014-10-15 13:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gracias!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-16 23:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that APradar has gone open-source, it is now on github and anyone can activate the pro. http://apradar.com/showthread.php?1747-ApRadar-is-now-Open-Source&s=88baf0fee6b18549614183693d1f0db2

My question is how, anyone smarter than me when it comes to this *** (shouldn't be very hard) help me out?

I'm talking like, walk me through it like I'm a *** 2nd grader. me and github don't get along at all.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-17 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone aim me at the usual strategy for Shadow Lord on Difficult? Never done it before or seen anything about it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-17 15:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while, but I can offer some tips which someone else can surely expand/correct.

- Melees should sub NIN since most of his moves are aoe.
- Bring holy waters and echo drops since he also has a curse WS and silence WS. I believe he gains physical or magical damage immunity for 30 seconds after using those WSs, I just can't remember which immunity is tied to which WS.
- He will regularly cast Fire-based nukes, so Barfira obviously.
- In the second phase of the fight, he WSs much more frequently and uses Implosion constantly, which is a strong aoe dark magic damage WS. Having a way to reduce this damage, such as Dark Carol II, Lux Valiance, etc. is rather necessary since it's going to hit everybody and deal a decent amount of damage.
By Davorin 2014-10-17 15:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Can anyone aim me at the usual strategy for Shadow Lord on Difficult? Never done it before or seen anything about it.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44648/shadow-lord-ii-strat/
First Page 2 3 ... 321 322 323 ... 836 837 838