Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 263 264 265 ... 838 839 840
By Pantafernando 2014-03-27 11:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
Hey all, I had a question about -DT. Do you generate less hate if the mob has -DT? I noticed on Cailimh that our RNGs were going ham, and didn't pull hate once..

any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Yes, but not really related to nms dt. Enmity is proportional to damage dealt. If you deal less dmg, you generate less enmity, while your pld will still generate the same amount of enmity through cure cheats, easing his work. Also, prob you should use anni rngs, that have ws that generate low hate value.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-03-27 12:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. we use a mix of Anni/Yoichi with some Skirmish bows, What does removing the aura do to Cailimh? does it gain access to threatening moves etc?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-27 22:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In GS, how do you manually equip a set? (like the same thing of typing //sc set whatever).

Also, is there a way to temporarily disable gear swaps along the lines of //sc disable?

Watching my gear swaps through the menu, I don't see precast gear getting put on. Do i have something disabled wrong somewhere (though it def seems like fc gear is equipping) or is it handled in such a way that i wouldnt see it?
By Pantafernando 2014-03-28 17:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
I was trying to get FFXI switch mon to work, but its crashing right when i try to open it. Tried to reinstall this and .NET, but no success so would like to ask if someone had this same problem or if there is another similar program that i could use.

Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-28 18:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

would a good settup for Delve morimar be:
Party A:
PLD SCH SCH GEO GEO WHM

PartyB:
MNK MNK MNK BRD COR WHM

or am I doing it wrong ?
I only know how to do with 18 ppl but I wanna try 12 man it

Please help (Just looking for an answer not a link to another Tread)

Thanks.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-03-28 18:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Remove the entire first party, remove the corsair, add scholar.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-28 19:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »

Thank you ! :D

but 1 sch is able to stun all Tojil TP moves and AOE ?
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-28 20:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're well geared and have marches/haste, yes
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-28 21:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
In GS, how do you manually equip a set? (like the same thing of typing //sc set whatever).

Also, is there a way to temporarily disable gear swaps along the lines of //sc disable?

Watching my gear swaps through the menu, I don't see precast gear getting put on. Do i have something disabled wrong somewhere (though it def seems like fc gear is equipping) or is it handled in such a way that i wouldnt see it?

I think the commands are

//gs equip setname - must be the full name listed in the sets section
Example //gs equip sets.TP.PDT

//lua unload gearswap

Gearswap is fast enough that you may no get your menu open before it changes until your midcast set is equipped. You can enable all swaps to be shown in the chat log to see if gear is actually swapping
Command is //gs showswaps
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-28 21:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

You could add a RDM in 2nd pt to prep mata and silence Tojil so you don't need to worry about his spell casting if you wanted to. 7 people doesn't seem to have much of an impact over 6

MNK, MNK, MNK, BRD, WHM, SCH | RDM is how my group does it.
[+]
By Antisense 2014-03-29 07:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM can cover Silence as well (Artsieq gear further supports this)
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-29 08:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, a pro scholar can with ease. just be sure he's always hasted and has double march on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-29 08:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk mnk mnk brd cor whm

sch sch pld

takes 20-25 min depending how well i'm multiboxing, hp is not an issue at all unless your dd are extremely undergeared, if you were planning on bringing 12 then you'd probably want to add a couple rngs/possibly a second brd

while you don't NEED 2 schs, it gives you leeway and they can nuke raptor/eft/turtle fulltime and tojil/peiste between stuns

adding a COR to melee party will always net more damage than the extra body costs you, so unless it's a question of member availability or party structure doesn't fit it should be a given

at this point as long as your stunners aren't on time warner cable and your whm has a pulse it's pretty hard to lose tojil with any setup though
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-29 09:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
mnk mnk mnk brd cor whm

sch sch pld

takes 20-25 min depending how well i'm multiboxing, hp is not an issue at all unless your dd are extremely undergeared, if you were planning on bringing 12 then you'd probably want to add a couple rngs/possibly a second brd

while you don't NEED 2 schs, it gives you leeway and they can nuke raptor/eft/turtle fulltime and tojil/peiste between stuns

adding a COR to melee party will always net more damage than the extra body costs you, so unless it's a question of member availability or party structure doesn't fit it should be a given

at this point as long as your stunners aren't on time warner cable and your whm has a pulse it's pretty hard to lose tojil with any setup though

Wouldn't SCH need to be march x2 and full haste tho ?

Also I heard the dynamics change if you go over 8 ppl

This is Great info tho, I try'd to do settup that Asura.Calatilla mention

MNK MNK MNK BRD SCH WHM + RDM

we did fine til Pestile wasn't getting stun'd and we wiped (Stunner wasn't focusing and start nuking for some reason...... Thunder Nukes............ ><)

but we did fine otherwise.

gonna try other setups so I can see which is best for my shell.

The more info you guys can give me , the best

Thanks in Advance ^^/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-29 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

as long as your stunners aren't on time warner cable
/cry

Edit: to show just how often this happens. It took me 30 seconds after opening a ping to start getting this.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-29 10:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
as long as your stunners aren't on time warner cable
/cry

Edit: to show just how often this happens. It took me 30 seconds after opening a ping to start getting this.
interesting.... (still better net than many I know.)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-29 10:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk mnk mnk brd cor whm

sch sch pld

we did fine til Pestile wasn't getting stun'd and we wiped (Stunner wasn't focusing and start nuking for some reason...... Thunder Nukes............ ><)

Thanks in Advance ^^/

Stunning Calcifying Mist and Testudo Tremor are probably the hardest moves to stun in the zone. While I won't say its impossible to do without Battlemod and/or Ohshi, it's close to impossible. And even with those, you have to be on your toes. With a low man set up, if you miss one of those stuns, in particularly, Mist, so long as you yourself were out of the AoE range, it shouldn't ruin a run. You can just swap over to Light Arts, and when the DD have about 5 secs left on the petrification counter, use Accession > Stona to unpetrify everyone in your pt.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-29 13:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
mnk mnk mnk brd cor whm

sch sch pld

Thanks in Advance ^^/

Stunning Calcifying Mist and Testudo Tremor are probably the hardest moves to stun in the zone. While I won't say its impossible to do without Battlemod and/or Ohshi, it's close to impossible. And even with those, you have to be on your toes. With a low man set up, if you miss one of those stuns, in particularly, Mist, so long as you yourself were out of the AoE range, it shouldn't ruin a run. You can just swap over to Light Arts, and when the DD have about 5 secs left on the petrification counter, use Accession > Stona to unpetrify everyone in your pt.

Can /DNC stun TP moves too ?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-03-29 13:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the commands are

//lua unload gearswap

Gearswap is fast enough that you may no get your menu open before it changes until your midcast set is equipped. You can enable all swaps to be shown in the chat log to see if gear is actually swapping

You don't need to unload GearSwap to disable equip changes. //gs disable all will disable all slots, //gs disable ammo head will disable just ammo and head (etc.), and //gs disable will disable your entire Lua file. //gs enable all will re-enable all slots, //gs enable ammo will only re-enable ammo (etc.), and //gs enable will re-enable your Lua file. Disabling slots will set up a queue of the last equip command blocked so that it will immediately equip again when you re-enable.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2014-03-29 13:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im going to say yes since legsweep can stun nms in delve for up to 10s. However this is quickly lost with just a few stuns unless you have a good m.acc set up. But even then violent flourish can miss unlike stun and its harder to gear for.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-03-29 13:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Lishje said: »
Im going to say yes since legsweep can stun nms in delve for up to 10s. However this is quickly lost with just a few stuns unless you have a good m.acc set up. But even then violent flourish can miss unlike stun and its harder to gear for.

Stuns also can fail. Prob with capped macc should be similar to physical acc, it caps at 95% chance.

Similar to legsweep, shoulder tackle can also stun tojil for some time. But similar to magic stun, Tojil, as well any delve nm grow resistance to consecultive stuns.

As an example, Tojil started to resist shoulder tackle bellow 50%. Till that point, there wasnt any miss, stunning every tp move (together with another 2 mnks. Just one mnk wont get tp100 before tojil, so you cant solo stun with ws).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-29 15:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Stuns also can fail. Prob with capped macc should be similar to physical acc, it caps at 95% chance.

Similar to legsweep, shoulder tackle can also stun tojil for some time. But similar to magic stun, Tojil, as well any delve nm grow resistance to consecultive stuns.

As an example, Tojil started to resist shoulder tackle bellow 50%. Till that point, there wasnt any miss, stunning every tp move (together with another 2 mnks. Just one mnk wont get tp100 before tojil, so you cant solo stun with ws).
The spell Stun has a couple resist states. It's actual land accuracy will be higher than 95% so long as you're capped but once you build enough resistance, you'll hit that wall very quickly.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-03-29 23:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To obtain items from the Delve bosses do you need both the KI and the title? I bought a Dakuwaqa win today and got the Craggy Fin KI but was not in range of exp to get the title, and cannot buy any Dakuwaqa items off of Forri-Porri.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-30 00:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the commands are

//lua unload gearswap

Gearswap doesn't send commands through windower the way Spellcast does, the precast gear is sent in the packet before the action is sent. You'll never be able to see the swap in time if the menu isn't already open.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-30 02:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
To obtain items from the Delve bosses do you need both the KI and the title? I bought a Dakuwaqa win today and got the Craggy Fin KI but was not in range of exp to get the title, and cannot buy any Dakuwaqa items off of Forri-Porri.
The KI is expendable and used to complete a quest. You need the title to purchase drops.

Sorry.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-03-30 03:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
The KI is expendable and used to complete a quest. You need the title to purchase drops.

Sorry.
Man that is what I feared, thanks for responding though.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-30 03:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
What is the best non REM BLM nuking staff please kind folks.
Thank you.

Blm uses int, mab and magic damage to calculate the final dmg.

Normally magic damage and int favor low tier nukes more than mab, but as you start stacking magic damage, mab relevance start to grow. So the answer is, depend how high is your current magic damage.

The marginal improvement of magic damage decrease as you add +1 magic damage, and mab is always a %, so its marginal improvement is constant.

Comparing the staves, for nukes, the new delve staves wont beat neither lehbraigh +2 or venabulum.

Lehbraigh +2 with max augments: magic damage 214 (with int), mab 51
Venabulum: magic damage 237, mab 28.

For higher tier nukes, no doubts, its lehbraigh, and just need a couple of mab to beat vena. Low tier is more affected for magic damage, so in theory, vena would win.

Personally, i would stick with venabulum, just to skip the augmenting process of lehbraigh, because nowaday blms use more low tier nukes, so vena is more suitable for this also.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-30 04:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

* except for Ice nukes, where the Lion's staff is the best because its Ice Magic Attack Bonus +15 is actually +15% in what we used to call the "Staff Bonus" term.
First Page 2 3 ... 263 264 265 ... 838 839 840