Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 264 265 266 ... 834 835 836
By Pantafernando 2014-03-30 05:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
* except for Ice nukes, where the Lion's staff is the best because its Ice Magic Attack Bonus +15 is actually +15% in what we used to call the "Staff Bonus" term.

Really?
I noticed the new baqil staff, but i though it was just MAB+15, so resulting in just 33 MAB for ice.
But if this +15 is ice magic affinity, omg, this staff rocks!
Sad that ice is the most mp consuming magic.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-30 06:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-30 21:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
What effect does Ballistic Kick have on a pet? Will the pet's hp be reduced? ie Falcorr.

Yes.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-03-30 21:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

what is better 20 enfeebling skill or 15 magic accuracy?
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2014-03-30 22:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »

IIRC, 1 skill = 1 magic accuracy. So, if that is correct, the 20 skill is better.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-30 23:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Though enfeebling skill will ONLY affect spells that are considered enfeebling magic. So slow para and silence would be better off with the skill but for "enfeebs" which are not enfeebling magic would not get anything from enfeebling skill. You'd need to go with direct Macc, Dstat or the skill of their respective class, so stun would need dark magic, frightful roar would need blue magic and elegy would need singing and either wind or string depending on which instrument you are wearing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-03-31 02:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well more specifically reforged af or relic hat for rdm. Bg forum said 20 skill was better in that case, however relic has higher mind and af has more int so may need both for white and black enfeebles respectfully.

Also am I reading correctly that gravity 1 is 5 percent evasion down while gravity 2 is a set -40?
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-31 06:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what's the effect on an afterglow relic and empyrean weapon?

I know that for mythic its 15% RACc + ATT for PT(was wondering also if alliance also gets the effect).

Thanks in advance.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-31 07:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not +15 percent, it just +15 points. Also, it's ATK and Ranged ATK for mythics.

Empy is crit rate +5%.

Relic is ACC and R.ACC +15.

And it's party only. And only if you don't already have a aftermath effect up. So anyone using a mythic, or using their Relic/empy WS, on their relic/empy, won't get the effect at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-31 08:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
It's not +15 percent, it just +15 points. Also, it's ATK and Ranged ATK for mythics.

Empy is crit rate +5%.

Relic is ACC and R.ACC +15.

And it's party only. And only if you don't already have a aftermath effect up. So anyone using a mythic, or using their Relic/empy WS, on their relic/empy, won't get the effect at all.

Thank you!
By Pantafernando 2014-03-31 17:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Im having some language issue with 'send' addon.
I want to send to mule a command to swap gear to songs, but aparently is dont recognize the ", instead, just recongnize '.
The comand

/console send mule /equip body 'gendewitha bliaut'

works fine but the command

/console send mule /equip body 'aoidos' hongreline +2'

Dont work. I supose thats because of the ' that appear after aoidos. Any trick to solve this?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-03-31 18:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well more specifically reforged af or relic hat for rdm. Bg forum said 20 skill was better in that case, however relic has higher mind and af has more int so may need both for white and black enfeebles respectfully.

Also am I reading correctly that gravity 1 is 5 percent evasion down while gravity 2 is a set -40?

Probably just poorly worded and should be -10 evasion (which will bump your hit rate up 5%). On that note, though, JP wiki has Gravity II as -25 (neither wiki has a source, so who knows).
By Pantafernando 2014-04-01 05:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Does divine might drop REM chapters?

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-04-01 06:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. It drops them from each NM and (iirc) a normal amount to each player when you beat it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 06:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No, this is a personal pet peeve of mine. It's a misinterpretation of a bad update note. It's not a flat 5% reduction but a 5% higher hit rate, so instead of 70% hit rate your getting 75% hit rate. It comes out to a static -10 evasion. This was tested many times with the /check method. A 5% reduction would be ridiculously easy to notice seeing as we have iLevel 126 monsters with something like 1086 evasion. 5% of that is -54 evasion, or +54 accuracy or +27% hit rate. Gravity II is a tested -40 evasion, or +20% hit rate.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-01 06:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any remember the post that was posted about possible higher/better rewards in SkirmishV2. I remember a developer mentioned that the higher rank you are the better the drop rate of +2 stones,etc..

If anyone can post the link I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-04-01 07:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Im having some language issue with 'send' addon.
I want to send to mule a command to swap gear to songs, but aparently is dont recognize the ", instead, just recongnize '.
The comand

/console send mule /equip body 'gendewitha bliaut'

works fine but the command

/console send mule /equip body 'aoidos' hongreline +2'

Dont work. I supose thats because of the ' that appear after aoidos. Any trick to solve this?
Try using " instead of ' at the start and end of your equipment. And DM does drop chapters. From the AA as well as given a random chapter at the end of the fight to everyone inside. The amount dropped and given will vary on difficulty.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-04-02 00:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone on Shiva having connection issues? I've R0'd and slowly dropped to 0% 3 times now. 10 minutes after I log back in, it happens again. :< Haven't had any issues with my personal internet lately, but I guess it's probably that lol
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-02 21:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Colossus's Torque

Had this thing forever... it can't be muled, as far as I know it can't be stored, am I correct that the only thing I can do with it is drop it?

Or has it been added to a slip/storage/anything?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-04-03 07:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont want it anymore yea, only thing you can do is drop it.

I`m curious about Walk of Echo`s, what are the benefits if any of ignoring every mob in a flux except for the boss? I see so many people make a beeline for the boss and I`m wondering why.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-03 07:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I`m curious about Walk of Echo`s, what are the benefits if any of ignoring every mob in a flux except for the boss? I see so many people make a beeline for the boss and I`m wondering why.

Only need to kill the boss to end the instance.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-04-03 07:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »

I gathered that, but aren't drops based on performance? Killing the boss only doesn't net you that much.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-04-03 07:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »

I gathered that, but aren't drops based on performance? Killing the boss only doesn't net you that much.

Dunno, i usually just go straight for the boss. I didn't do much WoE when it was released tho, only just did it recently. Killing boss netted quite afew pouches and got some flume belts also.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-03 08:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dont want it anymore yea, only thing you can do is drop it.

There is a lower limit of participation that aloow/prevent you to get drops, thats related to the experience you earn at the end. Bellow 1000exp or some number around that, you wont receive the drops. Barely over this limit, you get 1 slot drop, and as your exp grow, you unlock all slots in chest, that is 5.

But the minimal exp to unlock all slots normally is low, like around 4000 exp, hardly a dd wont get this, but its hard for suport role jobs like brd and whm. I always must to cast some dia, para, elegy in fodders to make my mule brd earn some exp.

Also, if the flux is crownded, and everyone just zerg the boss and he dies fast, you have a risk of not getting the minimum exp. In that case, fighting the fodders for exp and leaving the coolkids with boss is smarter.

Finally, about quality, its random, dont worry exping more than the limit. I did lots of woe this weekend with some mules, being my main the highest exp in all fluxes, sometimes capping exp (15000), but normally above 10000, and he didnt get more sacks than others mules. Also sacks are the first slot opened, as my brd mule, with the minimum participation, often bellow limit or with just one slot open, still got more sacks than my main. More slots will allow the gear drops though, but most of them have low value, aside flume belt, windbuffet and aceso choker.

There is a kind of proc in woe, once i proced a ! In a fodder, but its rare, and didnt see anything difernt in that fight, not better drops, but my sample is very short, just did once, dont know what was that.
 Fenrir.Zalbagg
Server: Fenrir
user: Zalbagg
By Fenrir.Zalbagg 2014-04-04 15:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How much STP does Ragnarok require /SAM for a 5-hit? Im about to 119 mine and am fixing up sets. Thanks
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2014-04-07 15:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just getting back into the game and I've got a ton of questions about trusts.

Is the best DD Tenzen if so what would be the second, is Joachim still broke and if so is Ulmia worth it without her doing anything else, and are there any differences between Trion and Valaineral?

Thanks guys.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-04-07 15:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zalbagg said: »
How much STP does Ragnarok require /SAM for a 5-hit? Im about to 119 mine and am fixing up sets. Thanks

37 STP if you want 16.7 tp per hit.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 264 265 266 ... 834 835 836