Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 262 263 264 ... 844 845 846
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-20 11:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone still do Dynamis on beastmaster? I almost never see BSTs in there anymore, so I was wondering how it is before I update my sets. I've been farming Dyna for the last 3-4 months as THF or DNC, but I want a change of pace. If I could get around the same amount of currency, I'd give it a try... I could run Salvage2 on BST as well, so that would fully replace my DNC and THF, which I only use for solo farming.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-20 16:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Is there a Moogle Slip for Delve and WKR stuff? Trying to clean up my inventory.
Unfortunately, no.

Mule-able though. I have a mule with a near full set of WKR drops...
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-20 18:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the best camp in abyssea for Excalibur and Claustrum and Guttler.

From start to finish since I'll be Brewing them all.

Thanks in advance!
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-03-20 18:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Does anyone still do Dynamis on beastmaster? I almost never see BSTs in there anymore, so I was wondering how it is before I update my sets. I've been farming Dyna for the last 3-4 months as THF or DNC, but I want a change of pace. If I could get around the same amount of currency, I'd give it a try... I could run Salvage2 on BST as well, so that would fully replace my DNC and THF, which I only use for solo farming.

Rarely do you see them on BST due to the fact that people focus more on two things.

1) Proc'ing as fast as possible

2) Killing as fast possible

With a little bit of TH, THF is the ultimate farmer in dynamis imo. As i've been pulling 387-450 coins per run depending on my mood.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-21 11:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »

Rarely do you see them on BST due to the fact that people focus more on two things.

With a little bit of TH, THF is the ultimate farmer in dynamis imo. As i've been pulling 387-450 coins per run depending on my mood.

Proc-wise BST and THF are pretty much tied- sub DNC procs, and one extra proc each (Bully vs Ready). And BST killspeed is a lot better than THF; Ruinator is just win on low mobs, plus pet, plus higher damage weapons, etc. The difference is Treasure Hunter II+.

I pull the same amount of currency that you are, but thief is a terrible, boring job without much potential whatsoever. I only use it for Dyna when I see that I'll have competition. For Salvage and open Dyna I use dancer, which is a better solo job all-round.

Going to wait until I've finished my mythic and then retire thief for good, I think.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-21 12:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc-wise BST and THF are pretty much tied- sub DNC procs, and one extra proc each (Bully vs Ready). And BST killspeed is a lot better than THF; Ruinator is just win on low mobs, plus pet, plus higher damage weapons, etc. The difference is Treasure Hunter II+.

I pull the same amount of currency that you are, but thief is a terrible, boring job without much potential whatsoever. I only use it for Dyna when I see that I'll have competition. For Salvage and open Dyna I use dancer, which is a better solo job all-round.

Going to wait until I've finished my mythic and then retire thief for good, I think.

Opinions are opinions, i personally like thf and dislike bst. Saying the difference between both is th isnt correct.

To start, flee and fajin boots. Will result and some more mobs in the end. Second, if in real competition, octave or another crossbow to claim first. Third, you dont need dmg till you proc, but need great spike to finish fast after you do, so sneak attack will provide this spike. Technically, steal is a proc, and can net an extra currency, but thats not relevant. But where i think thf pull ahead in farming is his high eva. When farming, you can pull 3+ mobs at same time, resulting in reduced time between kills.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-21 12:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

hide has also saved me countless times, but that really depends what zone and what you farm on. :P
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-23 00:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to get gs swaps to work while using sc shortcuts? (ie: when i type//reraise or //arise, gear doesn't change)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-23 00:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

use the shortcuts addon for shortcuts instead
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-23 00:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that works now. Didn't even notice it before. thank you!
By Pantafernando 2014-03-23 04:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Recently i changed my xbox for a... new xbox!

To avoid all reinstall process i just plugged my old memory in the new console, but didnt work, i had to reinstall all anyway.

But the real problem is that lately ive been facing problem with memory. While in old xbox i always had my configs instantly saved in the memory (like new macros, inventory order, selected sort for items in AH), now i lose all after logging off.

Someone know why this is happening?

About macros, ive been hearing you can store then in server, but i didnt find the option for that. So how i can do this so?

Thanks in advance.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2014-03-23 06:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!

I'm trying to get into WKRs and have completed mission 1-6, and have bought the KI to enter all of them, but haven't been able to. I get the message "The air grows tense with some strange force." a few times then "The air grows tense with some strange force. However, you sense nothing out of the ordinary. Going further in will accomplish nothing."

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I think the second message may occur because I'm too late, lol. Still unable to enter during an occurring WKR though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Drd
By Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot 2014-03-23 06:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

About macros, ive been hearing you can store then in server, but i didnt find the option for that. So how i can do this so?

Thanks in advance.
Saving to the Server: At the character selection screen, highlight the character to save the data for, and press the following buttons/keys.

XBOX 360: LB + left stick button

PC/Keyboard: Shift + Alt + Ctrl + B
Restoring from the Server: At the character selection screen, highlight the character to restore the data for, and press the following buttons/keys.

XBOX 360: RB + right stick button
PC/Keyboard: Shift + Alt + Ctrl + R

Then choose the slot in which you want to save the configuration information for the highlighted character.

As for the rest i have no clue:(
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-23 07:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But where i think thf pull ahead in farming is his high eva. When farming, you can pull 3+ mobs at same time, resulting in reduced time between kills.

BST can pull a lot more than 3 mobs at a time and they don't need high evasion thanks to the fact their pets are nigh unkillable they can just sic the mobs onto their pet.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-23 16:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Someone tested the campaign skills up?

Can i get skills up by hitting the fortifications?

Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-03-25 03:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Isuka (Yorcia Delve T4 Katana)

What is Final Augument on:

Path A
Path B
Path C

Please assist anyone ?

I need to know before I choose a path.
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2014-03-25 03:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys how is loot usually distributed in Delves? Is it all free for all? Who decides what gets what?
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-25 04:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't try in campaign but tried on a liar reive hitting the knot. It went very very quickly, got 8 final lvls of marks within 30mins or something like that. So if campaign is anything like that, it should be quick.

Asura.Babydrulian said: »
Hey guys how is loot usually distributed in Delves? Is it all free for all? Who decides what gets what?

It's an open pool like before(free for all). In shout groups most people /seacom an item(s). If you do with an LS, well depends on your distribution rules of the LS really.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-25 04:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »
Hi.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't try in campaign but tried on a liar reive hitting the knot. It went very very quickly, got 8 final lvls of marks within 30mins or something like that. So if campaign is anything like that, it should be quick.

It's an open pool like before(free for all). In shout groups most people /seacom an item(s). If you do with an LS, well depends on your distribution rules of the LS really.

I think it should be slower because reives is a lv100+ content, but i was thinking on those fortifications. If they give us skills, that would allow afk skill up.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-25 07:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Random PUGs tend to /seacom, ls have ls rules, with low man setups sometimes it's just free lot. All depends on how the leader feels like doing it.
By Zoltar 2014-03-25 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Opinions are opinions, i personally like thf and dislike bst. Saying the difference between both is th isnt correct.

To start, flee and fajin boots. Will result and some more mobs in the end. Second, if in real competition, octave or another crossbow to claim first. Third, you dont need dmg till you proc, but need great spike to finish fast after you do, so sneak attack will provide this spike. Technically, steal is a proc, and can net an extra currency, but thats not relevant. But where i think thf pull ahead in farming is his high eva. When farming, you can pull 3+ mobs at same time, resulting in reduced time between kills.

Steal will actually steal currency?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-25 11:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Steal can steal 1 single currency, but i think just work with beastman, though the steal rate is low and there is the stupid 15 mins recast. SE amazed me with this stupidity, not just this ja is almost useless due to almost zero relevant items to steal, also this pathetic cooldown...
By Zoltar 2014-03-25 11:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the responses. The only thf JA I use to !! is Bully. /dnc almost always takes care of it
 Asura.Railbender
user: Toknherb
By Asura.Railbender 2014-03-26 10:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the new respawn times are for the ToAU mega boss's ?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-03-26 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For fun bored at work questions.

Which interesting soloable NM pre adoulin still gives you problems?
For me apademak with his fulmination can still kill me.
Pantokrator with his annoying hit point restore while he cast spells and tp moves extremely annoying.

Which is a cool nm you want to be if you can be that nm?
For me I want to be apademak he seems cool.

Which beast men you want to join if you can? Orcs quadavs yagudo? Etc

I'll join the yagudos.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-26 13:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranis meteor still deal some massive dmg. Hes pretty hard fight to solo, maybe with the mdb atma. Without, just with some temps.

To be a nm, maybe tojil. Hes the nm i had to deal most of play time (started in oct 2012), spend most of 2013 challenging him. Without a doubt, hes the most important nm, at least for me.

About be a beastman, prob yagudo. Quadav and orcs seems so dumb. Gob and yagudo seems smarter, but yagudos seems more respectable than gobs.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-03-27 11:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, I had a question about -DT. Do you generate less hate if the mob has -DT? I noticed on Cailimh that our RNGs were going ham, and didn't pull hate once..

any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
First Page 2 3 ... 262 263 264 ... 844 845 846